Gang wear

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Gang wear

Unread post by 6-3 320 » February 22nd, 2004, 8:34 pm

Do any of the folks still wear dickies, chucks, beanie, house shoes...etc..in La..i only see folks on the occasion when i am back in la wearing the early 90's gear...or has the hip hop fashion taken over EVERYTHING...
Thanks

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Gang wear

Unread post by Tatta » February 22nd, 2004, 8:38 pm

I wear nothing but dickies and levis. I don't support mainstream name brands nor will I shop at main stream department stores. I am a poor black man who would rather spend my money on my kids for their well being and education. At this time any extra monies will go towards my goal of healing my neighborhood and these streets.

Anyhow, aside from my political views, yea man niggas still sport the surpluss gear.

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » February 22nd, 2004, 8:54 pm

Thats cool man...thats one thing i have always liked about the west...they dont seem to be real preppy...

would you say 25 percent of 100 still dress like this...when i was out in long beach visiting...i a few folks wearing stuff like that...

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 22nd, 2004, 9:04 pm

Really can't give you a percentage. Most cats I know and deal with still dress that way.

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » February 22nd, 2004, 9:33 pm

cool...so it is probably more of the older school folks...late 20's early 30's on...that dress like that...although i have seen some youngstas dressing like that also.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » February 22nd, 2004, 10:34 pm

everyone round here got a pair of house shoes, most niggaz in round here stay with the white t's and blue or black pants, some cats be wearin them fits, like the throwbacks, i dont mess with that junk cuz i aint tryna be like everyone else. Lots of niggaz round here got the blue, grey and black beanies. Chucks kinda plyed out, most niggaz be sportin shell toes now adays, i used to have some chucks, i liked em cuz they was cheap but all my pants would get tourn up cuz of em so I tossed em on the telephone wire, lol. . You still see quite a few cats with chucks though

6-3 320
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 6-3 320 » February 23rd, 2004, 9:13 am

do people still rock the dickies set...

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 24th, 2004, 4:31 am

wut were the original khaki suits i know they wuznt dickies, they were some kind of work clothing, any OGs know?

and wut happened to them prison work shirts (baby/light blue type color) they used to wear? dont see that much any more...

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » February 24th, 2004, 4:50 am

wattscrackin wrote:wut were the original khaki suits i know they wuznt dickies, they were some kind of work clothing, any OGs know?

and wut happened to them prison work shirts (baby/light blue type color) they used to wear? dont see that much any more...
ben davis?

the prison work shirts are called CHAMBRAY's

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 24th, 2004, 5:25 am

LONG BEACH AND WEST L.A WEAR THAT EAST COAST HIP HOP SHYT BUT GO TO COMPTON AND WATTS AND YOULL C THAT A LOTS OF NIGGAZ STILL ROC THE BENIES CHUCC TEES KHAKIES AND THE CHINOS OR HOUSE SHOES AND ALL THAT GANGBANGIN GEER THE WHITE T SHIRT 3XXXL IS THE MAIN SHYT EVERYHOOD WEAR THEM
BUT ONLY ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS THE RIDAZ WEAR STACY ADAMS FROM HEAD TO TOE

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 24th, 2004, 8:12 am

me and my homie's use to wear black frisco's. they was like black levi material but with straight baggy legs... nothing like levi's or jeans thats just what they called them..."FRISCOS'...

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » February 24th, 2004, 5:09 pm

We used to wear:

white t shirts
light blue shirt with white t shirt underneath
dark blue ironed jeans
dark blue or khaki dickies
white adidas with thick white shoe laces
hair nets
blue rag in back pocket

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » February 24th, 2004, 5:18 pm

just some more, forgot to add:

dark blue hooded sweatshirts
Dallas cowboy Jerseys and jackets

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 27th, 2004, 2:12 am

naw i aint talkin bout ben davis lb, i'm talkin bout button up khaki suits

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Snowman » February 28th, 2004, 2:42 pm

Of course now most of that has gone commercial because of 50 cent and P. Diddy cattin west coast culture and waring the big white tees and do-rags. and 50 now wears rebok classics and black parkas. Which are both english things.

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » March 2nd, 2004, 1:04 am

yeh its way too commercial right now cuz im in the stl right now and all the so-called gangmembers out here is rockin throwbacks and shit even though its a few that still wear khakis,what ever color t's and chucks but half the niggaz i ran into here dont know what kraka sacks,locs,bicuits,bomber jackets are u know so i cant expect them to wear it u know.....

karamelcake

Unread post by karamelcake » March 2nd, 2004, 2:26 pm

Out here G's is classic wearin' chucks, cortez, dickie suits,and spank white T-shirts. That's how they do it out here.

mr nine owe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mr nine owe » March 18th, 2004, 2:51 am

ya'll youngsta dont no shyt the hoodsta fit is blue 501's white tee under checker button down blue shrit a stinchy brim (blue feather) and some romeos nigga r90's outty

xplicit753
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by xplicit753 » March 20th, 2004, 12:53 pm

shit i jusss wear dark blu jeans n a white t-shirt, or a lite blu t-shirt. I aint rich enuff to be shoppin at all dem mainstreem stores buyin all that shit.

chincheck1

Unread post by chincheck1 » April 5th, 2004, 9:30 am

alot of niggaz see me an say summin stupid like i'm still livin the 90s.. but i c like fuck em i always keep it gangsta with the navy blue chucks, dickies, white t, blue rag, an roll in the cuttless suprime, got to...

troy b
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by troy b » April 9th, 2004, 12:52 am

it usually mexicans i see wearin the old style gear, blacks all wear the rocawear, sean john and throwback jerseys nowadays, but sum still wear the dickies and chucks, i personally just wear whatever i can find for cheap

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » April 11th, 2004, 4:28 pm

i agree with tatta on what he said. im not down with all the name brand shit. im not trying to make puff daddy or jay z any richer. 90% of my clothes come from the swap meet. levi's house shoes white t's and for shoes its the chucks or some shell toe adidas

ElGuero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ElGuero » May 4th, 2004, 3:33 pm

Damn, things have really changed! I remember back in the day when I was banging, no one could afford designer clothes! And if you did wear them in the hood or another hood you'd end up getting jumped for them.....they'd leave you naked and sell your clothes!

The most expensive clothes we had were the Dallas Cowboy Jerseys....and the shoes, Adidas.....

Maybe there is more money in being a gangster now.... But we had bigger needs to spend it on than clothes back then......

This topic is really interesting though...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » November 25th, 2008, 2:28 pm

wattscrackin wrote:wut were the original khaki suits i know they wuznt dickies, they were some kind of work clothing, any OGs know?

and wut happened to them prison work shirts (baby/light blue type color) they used to wear? dont see that much any more
Look at this clown.. he needs to know everything from the type of clothing to the year of the peace treaty.

SamOG
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SamOG » January 8th, 2013, 11:44 am

Now it's driving shoes by keaton or pratoni monaco. used to be chucks.