How is Italian Mafia less visable than Bloods & Crips?

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
FatHead
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

How is Italian Mafia less visable than Bloods & Crips?

Unread post by FatHead » August 19th, 2004, 4:23 pm

How the Italian mafia is less visable than Blood`s and Crip`s, and w.e other street gang on here? I mean for christ sake, they basically set up gangsterdom. They`ve been around for hundred`s of year`s, and are by far more known globally than any other gang listed on this site. I mean, go to the crime section of a bookstore, you`ve got about half the section on Gotti or Luchesse or something. Then, you`ve got one or two book`s of Monster or T.Rodger`s book, the 50 gang question`s or what not. I mean I`m not trying to complain here, it`s just I wanted to know your view`s on it.

Storm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: I`m confused as too

Unread post by Storm » August 20th, 2004, 12:30 am

Probably because the mafia dont 'advertise' i.e. Graffiti and tend to avoid the media. You only hear about them for suspected hits or if someone get's caught.

They're also organised differently from the L.A. Gangs - and arguments tend not to be about physical 'turf' more about who is moving in on another's areas of influence.

Speaking of Influence - they also have a lot more political 'clout' via corruption of Unions/politicians/elected officals etc than the L.A Gangs do (this is not ment as a dis - just a statement of the facts as I am aware of them).

A lot of what gets written about the mafia is pure speculation, or as the result of some serious investigative work, and the code of secrecy surrounding the organisation is one of the reasons people are so facinated with them.

For some more info check out this link:

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/lcn.htm

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 20th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Nobody's saying they aint' killas, it's just that so many have turned in our lifetimes that a lot is known about them. A lot more than your implying.

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » December 1st, 2004, 8:18 am

They kill behind the seems and all have legitimate fronts to hide behind, but political connections. Also they do not sport anything that would indicate they are part of a Mafia.

B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » December 1st, 2004, 8:28 am

That's why the mafia is considerd organized crime because there organized.They have everything down to a T so the only people that know about them or their happings are the people that are supposed to unlike some gangs/youth gangs that do shit then go tell it on the mountain

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2004, 12:09 pm

BendyThumbs wrote:They kill behind the seems and all have legitimate fronts to hide behind, but political connections. Also they do not sport anything that would indicate they are part of a Mafia.
Some do sport wether it be a stamp, pendant, or color somethin'

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » December 2nd, 2004, 12:45 am

the guy who has no job, drives a Beemer, wears Armani and got 20 hoes is a bit Suss..

:D

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 6th, 2005, 9:33 am

They have a law every Italian knows.
Its Omerta,the law of silence.
(hold the tong)
Though there are many special Mafia songs,and poetry .

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » January 8th, 2005, 9:42 am

B.M.W-Soldier wrote:That's why the mafia is considerd organized crime because there organized.They have everything down to a T so the only people that know about them or their happings are the people that are supposed to unlike some gangs/youth gangs that do shit then go tell it on the mountain
enough said