Japanese American gangs in L.A.

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Japanese American gangs in L.A.

Unread post by Silencioso » January 13th, 2004, 12:42 pm

There used to be a few Japanese gangs/cliques in L.A. back in the 70's-early 80's. The ones I recall area:

Marshall Homeboys (Marshall High School area)
Buddha Crips (Crenshaw District near Dorsey)
Tokyo Boys (Little Tokyo)
West Side Japs (West L.A.)

These gangs were much less hardcore than Korean, Chinese and Filipino gangs. They were actually kind like L.A. white gangs. I knew a Buddha Crip in High School. He was kind of like a Japanese version of a wigger. He tried to join Sotel but they wouldn't take him. LOL

Does anybody remember these gangs or know about any new Japanese gangs?

I've read that Japanese Americans have a higher per capita income than whites so they're obviously not likely candidates for gang activity but you never know.

NikexCortez

Re: Japanese American gangs in L.A.

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 13th, 2004, 4:49 pm

never heard of em.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 13th, 2004, 5:20 pm

I remember seeing a few Tokyo Boys jitterbugging down the sidewalks late at night around the Otani back in the 80's.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » January 13th, 2004, 5:44 pm

I knew this fool named Shogun from Harbor City Crips that was not to be messed with. He was a rider and he was Japanese. I think what made him a bit more crazier than the rest was that he wasn't black or Hispanic. But I guess this post should be on another thread. Anyways, alrato

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » January 13th, 2004, 11:58 pm

THERE USED TO BE ALOT OF JAPS IN WATTS AND CRENSHAW AREA ABOUT 50 YEARS AGO

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 14th, 2004, 10:13 am

Wattscrackin,
Use correct grammar or go back to school. You say JAP, that's a diss to a Japanese-American. Your being warned!

Japanese-Americans were numerous in the Mid City area during the 60's and 70's. They also had populated the area of Boyle Heights in East Los back in the day, as well as what is now east of Little Tokyo in Downtown LA. I recently read an article about a Japanese family in the Maravilla's hood still holding down their business in the community, and have now a community center or building named in their honor, Marukai (sp?). As times went by, the Japanese-Americans moved south towards the Dorsey High area, the Crenshaw High area...and southward to the Gardena/Torrance areas of the South Bay. There was also a concentration of Japanese that are in the Westside LA area, you can find an area in the westside... "Little Tokyo" from Olympic (S) to Santa Monica Blvd (N), rolling down Sawtelle Blvd. Anyways, Japanese-Americans populations in LA have pretty much dropped, due to intermarriages with non-japanese-folks and fewer migrations from their homeland. But I noticed that they were the more active Asian group in city politics, as they have positions and helped create several departments for Asian-American interests. AADAP(Asian-American Drug Abuse Program) is one of those examples.

Silencioso,
I remember a few of those gangs. The Westside boys, they were around during the 80's, died out in the 90s. They used to get into it with the Chinese clicks during the Nisei week carnivals. As far as Japanese gangsters, there were several in different clicks. Some were in pinoy gangs, some in chicano gangs, some in black gangs. "Rolex Bandit" was a blood. There was a gang in the Marshall High area(late 80's early 90s), Westside Rollers that had several japanese members. I could go on and on with names, sets, what they were "famous" for...but it's not my place to do such things. If your familiar with skating, Christian Hosoi used to run around in the Mid City areas. A lot of the Japanese gangsters also got heavy into drugs. I'd say a reason why you don't see Japanese gangbangers across LA is probably due to the community intervention they have placed, and how strong their culture is in keeping things in "order", their "order". A lot of the Japanese cats that were running in gangs/hustling were black sheeps of their familys.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 14th, 2004, 3:32 pm

That was awesome Big Dusty Loco. Thanks for bringing that and thanks for moderating. Don't mind the avatar I knew it would lose me a few points but I still have a sense of humor so didn't resist the fun of it. Peace.

Check this site Big Dusty Loco:

http://www.janm.org/whatsnew/press/gang.html

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 14th, 2004, 6:03 pm

I checked the link, did that meeting take place? I have relatives from the "Brotherhood" and I've heard stories about the "Yellow Brotherhood". The YBs were a strictly Asian outfit, no pinoys in that one, I think it mostly consisted of Japanese. I didn't think anyone would admit to being a member of the YBs...LOL.

I'll get more info on the YBs.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 14th, 2004, 7:05 pm

Yeah it took place in May. I'll call them, maybe they have some documentation they can send me. I could post it if they do.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » February 3rd, 2004, 6:40 pm

EFCC in Gardena is almost all Japanese...but they are all old and pretty much inactive...the youngest one bein' 19/20.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » March 6th, 2004, 5:02 pm

I don't think there's any future for Japanese gangs in L.A. or anywere else. There all rich. (well not all, but most)

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 24th, 2004, 8:19 pm

u mean.. no furute for "Street Gangs".. Some Rich Families would sure be down with the Underground Gangs.. in this topic it would be Yakuza..

delandu

Unread post by delandu » January 3rd, 2006, 12:40 am

remember sns??i think there are or were a fair number of japanese in rac because of north high school

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am

kiCKer wrote:EFCC in Gardena is almost all Japanese...but they are all old and pretty much inactive...the youngest one bein' 19/20.
I just saw a couple 16 year old EFCC in Long Beach, they might be recruiting more now

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 12th, 2008, 4:45 pm

The EFCC in LB are a Cambodian Crip gang. I do not know if they are connected with the Japanese EFCC. What does the Japanese EFCC stand for? Cambodian EFCC is Exotic Family City Crips.

I remember seeing a Japanese guy wearing blue cortez in class throwing gang signs in the mirror. The way he did it though was funny, looked like one of them Japanese/Korean pop star music videos. I dont know if he was from anywhere, he only showed up to class for one day.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 12th, 2008, 4:47 pm

What year did official Japanese gangs come out?

What year did official Phillipino gangs come out?

What year did official Korean gangs come out?

What year did official Chinese gangs come out?

What year did official Vietnamese gangs come out?

In Los Angeles County of course. Hell throw in Orange County if you want.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » January 12th, 2008, 8:41 pm

NikexCortez wrote:What year did official Japanese gangs come out?

What year did official Phillipino gangs come out?

What year did official Korean gangs come out?

What year did official Chinese gangs come out?

What year did official Vietnamese gangs come out?

In Los Angeles County of course. Hell throw in Orange County if you want.
the gangs came in, when these different groups immigrated here. usually, they immigrate cuz they are poor, so the waves that they came in usually joined/formed gangs.

to my knowledge, japanese and chinese immigrants came here first, depending on areas. chinese probably had tongs/triads and stuck to themselves.

next wave of immigrants was probably the koreans who came here in the 1960s when the korean war was poppin off.

same for vietnamese who came here around 1970's when the vietnam war was going on. i believe this is when the cambodians were also coming as refugees from war torn country.

i dunno, thats all i kno about history. in the OC i kno that vietnamese gangs have been here since at least the 1970's, they have some 3x-4x generation gangs. some 40-50 year old OG's tryin to stay straight n stuff that put in work back in the day.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 13th, 2008, 12:27 pm

Filipinos have the longest continuous gang history in L.A. of any Asian group. Japanese gangs are gone and weren't very serious any way. Korean gangs popped up in the 70's, Chinese - late 60's or 70's, SE Asians - 80's, Asian Indians - hasn't happened yet.

OneBloodMafia

Unread post by OneBloodMafia » February 18th, 2008, 12:49 pm

Japanese street gangs are in abundance but mostly in Japan. Almost all of them are connected to a Yakuza family making most of them dangerous. Though they don't have heavy firepower like some gangs in Central and North America due to guns being completely illegal in Japan, they can easily get a hold of handguns in such (imagine being someplace where one gang has pistols and your crew only got baseball bats). I'm affiliated with the SouthTokyo Badboy Connection but I can't tell which Family they're aligned to. But thats strictly in Japan, when they come over to the states my crew welcomes them with open arms, even though we're all black outfit from Philly.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » February 19th, 2008, 7:28 pm

OneBloodMafia wrote:Japanese street gangs are in abundance but mostly in Japan. Almost all of them are connected to a Yakuza family making most of them dangerous. Though they don't have heavy firepower like some gangs in Central and North America due to guns being completely illegal in Japan, they can easily get a hold of handguns in such (imagine being someplace where one gang has pistols and your crew only got baseball bats). I'm affiliated with the SouthTokyo Badboy Connection but I can't tell which Family they're aligned to. But thats strictly in Japan, when they come over to the states my crew welcomes them with open arms, even though we're all black outfit from Philly.
im confused by ur post, ur from an all black gang in philadelphia, and u got ties to gangs in japan?

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » February 19th, 2008, 7:28 pm

OneBloodMafia wrote:Japanese street gangs are in abundance but mostly in Japan. Almost all of them are connected to a Yakuza family making most of them dangerous. Though they don't have heavy firepower like some gangs in Central and North America due to guns being completely illegal in Japan, they can easily get a hold of handguns in such (imagine being someplace where one gang has pistols and your crew only got baseball bats). I'm affiliated with the SouthTokyo Badboy Connection but I can't tell which Family they're aligned to. But thats strictly in Japan, when they come over to the states my crew welcomes them with open arms, even though we're all black outfit from Philly.
im confused by ur post, ur from an all black gang in philadelphia, and u got ties to gangs in japan?

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » February 19th, 2008, 7:29 pm

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » February 20th, 2008, 2:19 pm

You will trip out to hear what connections some Black gangs be fu cking with.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » February 20th, 2008, 4:09 pm

i think he means something else not a black gang. I think he might mean something else but if he is in a black gang
i dont know how the hell they have connects in Japan cause that is fuckin wierd. All i know is that the only people
the Japs deal with are Italians or other ethnic asian gangs.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Proverbz » May 8th, 2008, 9:57 pm

some of the most major yakuza heads were korean.