Are Asian/Oriental gangs really on the rise?

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Are Asian/Oriental gangs really on the rise?

Unread post by George » February 29th, 2004, 8:19 pm

so why does the white media always portray Blacks as the only people involved in gun crimes?

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Are Asian/Oriental gangs really on the rise?

Unread post by kiCKer » March 1st, 2004, 1:57 am

Asians are a "new sensation" in the media...they are not as mainstream as whites, blacks or hispanics...

also, many Asian communities have a "keep quiet" rule...they don't like to be in the spotlight...especially on negative issues such as crime and gangs

itzlilg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by itzlilg » March 2nd, 2004, 2:11 am

whoever is dealing with media has put aside asian crime... i bet they're are just as much (asian) people committing crimes then any other race but at the same time.. alot of asians are considered the "model minority" something to look forward to?

just a thought.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 2nd, 2004, 11:15 am

Here's my thought.

In most Asian cultures, it is a disgrace, a family disgrace to be involved in crime. There is no glorification of mafia members, organized crime members, street gang members, murderers, burglarers, dope fiends, drug dealers...etc. PERIOD!

The only ones who really want to see media interest is the Americanized-born or Americanized-and Assimilated Asian Americans that watch too much MTVraps or the latest gangster movie.

You people really do not understand how it is, what it is, or what it was...and it disgraces the lifestyle that some have gone through. People have died and families were destroyed because of gang banging.

If you look at all the Asian Ethnic Enclaves and their history, where they come from, and what they've been through...you'll notice Gangsterism did not start for them in 1989 with "Boyz N the Hood". Politics, government, and religion were the MAJOR gangsters back in everyone's homeland.

Peace...

cee310
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cee310 » March 29th, 2004, 8:19 pm

ARE THERE ANY ASIAN GANGS IN WEST LOS ANGELES

areyouvi3t
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by areyouvi3t » March 30th, 2004, 6:08 pm

cee310 wrote:ARE THERE ANY ASIAN GANGS IN WEST LOS ANGELES
that big badASS Westside oriental lazy boyz number 1

hinm

Unread post by hinm » April 17th, 2004, 2:38 pm

in the asia, law enforcement is not trusted like in the United States. Therefore, when asian immigrants come down to the United States and see or are victims of crime, it rarely goes reported. That is why you don't see much about Asian gangs/crime. But believe me, it's out there.

Azn Gook
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Azn Gook » April 27th, 2004, 5:48 pm

yes korea!!!

itzlilg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by itzlilg » April 28th, 2004, 12:15 am

hinm wrote:in the asia, law enforcement is not trusted like in the United States. Therefore, when asian immigrants come down to the United States and see or are victims of crime, it rarely goes reported. That is why you don't see much about Asian gangs/crime. But believe me, it's out there.
that necessarily true, in a recent article i read it describes how.... asian adults are starting to believe in the 5-0 so i believe things will change, 3-4 years from now... with all the stricter enforcement on things, gangs could be put in the d-lo for a long long time

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 1st, 2004, 11:33 pm

You people really do not understand how it is, what it is, or what it was...and it disgraces the lifestyle that some have gone through. People have died and families were destroyed because of gang banging.

If you look at all the Asian Ethnic Enclaves and their history, where they come from, and what they've been through...you'll notice Gangsterism did not start for them in 1989 with "Boyz N the Hood". Politics, government, and religion were the MAJOR gangsters back in everyone's homeland.

Peace...[/quote]

What the hell you talking bout? i kno lotta down asians that went thru shiet ,i have to...race doesnt mean shit

kp