Filipinos in Latino barrios.

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Filipinos in Latino barrios.

Unread post by W/S » June 28th, 2004, 10:43 pm

i got flip homiez

W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by W/S » June 28th, 2004, 10:44 pm

flips act too cheesy

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by e » June 29th, 2004, 8:25 pm

W/S wrote:i ain't no flip foo

Then what are you mystery man? I can understand if you wanna stay anonymous but you've talked shyt about practically every asian nationality. Are you even asian?

W/S wrote:this ain't the only place i be postin in

What does that got to do with anything?

W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by W/S » June 30th, 2004, 2:07 pm

how u know im even a man or boy or girl or woman not in between

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » February 23rd, 2008, 12:07 pm

e wrote:I've seen a good number of pinoys in TST. Mid-City is so diverse that its not surprising to see other races in chicano gangs there. Also seen a korean from ws WF and a Thai guy from a varrio, forgot which one. And more than a few black dudes from Mid-City varrios. In fact, everyone talks about how racist chicano gangs are but if you look at Mid-City, a lot of the chicano gangs were more diverse than the black and asian gangs in the area.
a korean in white fence is news to me? was he a rider?

brianbrian

Unread post by brianbrian » April 27th, 2008, 2:00 pm

just to put some new perspective into this thread. Filipinos and Mexicans worked together during the grape field riots. So they were once brothers in arms. the early filipinos (called Morro's) helped build the railways, farm lands and most of California (North and South) with Mexicans.

Also, you can't count the filipinos out of the Zoot Suit Riots. Sure the situation popped off with the Mexicans but it was an anti-brown sentiment that the whites were trying to established, so therefore all people of color were in the scope.

Peace
Brian

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 28th, 2008, 10:21 am

brianbrian wrote:just to put some new perspective into this thread. Filipinos and Mexicans worked together during the grape field riots. So they were once brothers in arms. the early filipinos (called Morro's) helped build the railways, farm lands and most of California (North and South) with Mexicans.

Also, you can't count the filipinos out of the Zoot Suit Riots. Sure the situation popped off with the Mexicans but it was an anti-brown sentiment that the whites were trying to established, so therefore all people of color were in the scope.

Peace
Brian
The Zoot Suit riots weren't anti-brown they were anti-Mexican. The servicemen invaded Mexican neighborhoods nd attacked young Mexican males. The pinoy that were attacked were mistaken for Mexican by ignorant rednecks. The Mexicans attacked included light skinned Chicanos.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Proverbz » April 29th, 2008, 1:00 am

Silencioso wrote:
brianbrian wrote:just to put some new perspective into this thread. Filipinos and Mexicans worked together during the grape field riots. So they were once brothers in arms. the early filipinos (called Morro's) helped build the railways, farm lands and most of California (North and South) with Mexicans.

Peace
Brian
The Zoot Suit riots weren't anti-brown they were anti-Mexican. The servicemen invaded Mexican neighborhoods nd attacked young Mexican males. The pinoy that were attacked were mistaken for Mexican by ignorant rednecks. The Mexicans attacked included light skinned Chicanos.
the zoot suits are cool. the whitey was just hating.

chekkmayte

Unread post by chekkmayte » May 9th, 2008, 8:11 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:E,
NO MORE PC FOR ASIANS IN COUNTY...and it is NO JOKE.

I wanna give a shout out to the PINOY/ISLANDERS/ASIANS sitting in county today. Keep ya head up.
IT IS NO JOKE. CO's will purposely put asians in cells they don't belong. almost like its entertainment for them, like a cock fight.

and yes. i too, would personally like to give a massive shout out to any asian holdin it down, or at least trying to, in county. very personal for me....

GLS

Unread post by GLS » June 19th, 2008, 1:49 am

I've heard of pinoy cats in xv3...

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 19th, 2008, 4:21 pm

That's great.

Always a few Pinoys in some chicano barrios.

But for most Pinoys, banging is old news. The good old days are exactly that...the past.

And I want to say for most Asians, it gets old.

Japanese have phased out. They had their own gangs, fought the Chinatown Gangs. Some had joined Pinoy, Black, Chicano gangs in the Midcity Area. But they phased out, a lot of the older heads were heavy drug users, like everyone else.

Chinese have phased out, unless they are in bigger outfits like the triads/mafia stuff. They weren't superbig outside of their turf though. Although i know a few Chinese kids who ran with the blacks, not too many stray away from Chinese.

Koreans have phased out. Korean Killers the OG Korean gang. A bunch of koreans got into Pinoy gangs and pushed their numbers up. A bunch of korean gangs splintered off KK, but then they phase out as they get older. Koreans were down, banging with everyone else. At least where I was from.

Cambodians, famous for Long Beach and Greenlight. TRG's did the damn thing. But deportation, prison...it'll kill the movement. They blew up though, out of nowhere. But as with other Asians, they eventually phase out.

Vietnamese...I don't know too much about the OC and all the cripping/blooding they do. But I want to say like all other Asians, they phase out.

Hmong/Mien/Laos...Crips and Bloods from San Diego? I guess...whatever works. I just think with education and maturity, they'll phase out too.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 19th, 2008, 5:58 pm

I was talking to an old school cat who used to bang that Japanese and Black gangs / crews used to race eachother back in the days (early 80's), Blacks gangs had Corvettes and the Japanese had somethin else, but he said they used to end up sometimes shooting at each other and all that once in a blue moon, which I would never had imagined. Anyway it's known they used to be in the Crenshaw District and had a gang called the Ministers or something.

Anyways it don't matter, but the guy telling me this was a Korean dude who used to bang Eighteen something you would never see these days, showed me his cholo style hit ups on a napkin and all that, it was definitely the old school cholo style not the rounded out letters that got popular later.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Asian & White gangs”