TBS in Carson

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
mista_shadow
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 32
Joined: April 8th, 2004, 11:29 pm
Location: manila philippines but grew up in san pedro california

TBS in Carson

Unread post by mista_shadow » May 17th, 2004, 9:49 pm

big dusty loco is the tbs in carson stand for the bomb squad?thats what i heard before are they a gang or a crew?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by alexalonso » November 19th, 2010, 2:23 am

mista_shadow wrote:big dusty loco is the tbs in carson stand for the bomb squad?thats what i heard before are they a gang or a crew?
With a name like the Bomb squad, they are graffiti writers for sure.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by Proverbz » November 19th, 2010, 2:50 am

im going for a longshot but i think TBS stands for The BoyS. there was a pinoy gang in LA with that name. maybe they are different?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 377
Joined: June 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by triplethreat » November 19th, 2010, 3:39 am

^You're exactly right on. The TBS in Carson stands for The Boys. Don't think they were ever that deep. The TBS in the Philippines stands for True Brown Style. They go by TBS13 over there. TBS from the Philippines has no connection whatsoever to the TBS that was in Carson. Alonso needs to correct the name on his gang list. Supposedly TBS13 in the Philippines are deep and have two sides. One claims red and the other claims blue. I don't understand how a gang can use the trece and add to that claim blue and red. Confusing, but thats the facts from what ppl say. There was a crew in Cerritos back in the old days called Bomb Squad (BSD) don't think they used TBS. And there was another crew started by Pinays in Long Beach called Blind Sided Dogs (BSD). Completely separate from the Cerritos BSD. Blind Sided Dogs started getting more heads in south OC where they were now a Pinoy and Pinay crew. They eventually dropped the Dogs from the name and started going by Blind Side (BSD). From what I remember the BSD in south OC was close to the AKP in the area. But yea, TBS in Carson stands for The Boys and NOT True Brown Style or The Bomb Squad. Alonso please fix your list.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 19th, 2010, 1:54 pm

triplethreat wrote:TBS in Carson stands for The Boys and NOT True Brown Style or The Bomb Squad. Alonso please fix your list.
You learn something new every day, I always thought the carson TBS was just another set of True Brown Style.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 21st, 2010, 9:32 pm

triplethreat wrote:^You're exactly right on. The TBS in Carson stands for The Boys. Don't think they were ever that deep. The TBS in the Philippines stands for True Brown Style. They go by TBS13 over there. TBS from the Philippines has no connection whatsoever to the TBS that was in Carson. Alonso needs to correct the name on his gang list. Supposedly TBS13 in the Philippines are deep and have two sides. One claims red and the other claims blue. I don't understand how a gang can use the trece and add to that claim blue and red. Confusing, but thats the facts from what ppl say. There was a crew in Cerritos back in the old days called Bomb Squad (BSD) don't think they used TBS. And there was another crew started by Pinays in Long Beach called Blind Sided Dogs (BSD). Completely separate from the Cerritos BSD. Blind Sided Dogs started getting more heads in south OC where they were now a Pinoy and Pinay crew. They eventually dropped the Dogs from the name and started going by Blind Side (BSD). From what I remember the BSD in south OC was close to the AKP in the area. But yea, TBS in Carson stands for The Boys and NOT True Brown Style or The Bomb Squad. Alonso please fix your list.
If all these pic's of true brown style on youtube & what not are really them, then I wouldn't be surprised if they claim whatever gang comes on gangland. Is the bomb squad still around? We had a lil crew like that in SJ back-n-the-days.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by Silencioso » December 22nd, 2010, 3:12 pm

There was an early tagging crew called The Bomb Squad (TBS). They were in West LA.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1066
Joined: June 12th, 2003, 10:26 am

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 10th, 2011, 12:15 am

Cerritos Bomb Squad was a party crew...the evolved into a trendy clothing line.
TBS...The Boys Gang from Carson AND the Valley. Went to a bday party and ran into a few of them. Still kickin' it live...

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 377
Joined: June 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by triplethreat » March 15th, 2011, 2:38 am

Jus to clear something up, True Brown Style in the Philippines has been around for a while. They didn't get any of their style from watching Gangland. But yeah, most definitely influenced by the LA gang scene. I don't kno when they started I jus kno they're nothing new. I heard that it got kicked off by someone who moved to the Philippines from San Diego. That's about all the info I have on TBS13 in the Philippines.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 15th, 2011, 10:56 am

triplethreat wrote:Jus to clear something up, True Brown Style in the Philippines has been around for a while. They didn't get any of their style from watching Gangland. But yeah, most definitely influenced by the LA gang scene. I don't kno when they started I jus kno they're nothing new. I heard that it got kicked off by someone who moved to the Philippines from San Diego. That's about all the info I have on TBS13 in the Philippines.
If those are real tbs members on youtube, then I'm sure they get a lot of their style from the media. Just look them up on youtube if you want to see what I'm talking about.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 377
Joined: June 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by triplethreat » March 16th, 2011, 1:50 am

^I haven't watched the videos on youtube so I can't comment on that. I don't doubt they get their steez from the LA gang scene. I've seen some pics of them. Jus saying they been around for a while now in the Philippines. Way before any episode of Gangland was aired. Gangs all over the world and even here in the states copy the California gang style. You know how it is. Gangs from all over copy each other from what they see on TV and hear in music. I've heard that there's Crips, Bloods and even Surenos in Canada. It's crazy the amount of influence the media has on ppl.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 16th, 2011, 1:44 pm

triplethreat wrote:^I haven't watched the videos on youtube so I can't comment on that. I don't doubt they get their steez from the LA gang scene. I've seen some pics of them. Jus saying they been around for a while now in the Philippines. Way before any episode of Gangland was aired. Gangs all over the world and even here in the states copy the California gang style. You know how it is. Gangs from all over copy each other from what they see on TV and hear in music. I've heard that there's Crips, Bloods and even Surenos in Canada. It's crazy the amount of influence the media has on ppl.
What do they claim then?

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 377
Joined: June 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by triplethreat » March 17th, 2011, 1:20 am

^True Brown Style in the Philippines have two sides from what I've heard and seen in pics. One claims blue and one claims red. To add to that they go by TBS13. I don't no how they operate or how that all works out. Confusing and I honestly don't get it. I always thought it was weird for a gang or "crew" to have two different sides. Like how Crazy Brother Clan in the LB claim the white rag. While the CBC in Texas claims blue. And TRG traditionally claims gray but I've heard that in some other states they claim blue. I just don't understand. There's even strange mixed gangs throughout some states that have Bloods and Crips combining to form one new gang. It just doesn't make sense to me.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 17th, 2011, 10:12 am

triplethreat wrote:^True Brown Style in the Philippines have two sides from what I've heard and seen in pics. One claims blue and one claims red. To add to that they go by TBS13. I don't no how they operate or how that all works out. Confusing and I honestly don't get it. I always thought it was weird for a gang or "crew" to have two different sides. Like how Crazy Brother Clan in the LB claim the white rag. While the CBC in Texas claims blue. And TRG traditionally claims gray but I've heard that in some other states they claim blue. I just don't understand. There's even strange mixed gangs throughout some states that have Bloods and Crips combining to form one new gang. It just doesn't make sense to me.
:lol: That's exactly what I was talking about!

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » March 17th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Well CBC was originally on that semi crip tip, and flagged blue, the TX set was established before they dropped that crip tip and went all "clansta", the CBC in TX(old east dallas) is cool with ABZ there, same in murda mass too. TRG too, originally flagged blue and thats what my homies told me was the reason for the split off that ABZ sprung from, because some fools wanted to keep it crippin and some fools wanted to go independent with it so those who wanted to flag blue became ABZ and TRG dropped the blue, yet funny thing was they claim(ed) the same color as longos claim; black and gray. There are 2 separate TRG sets in murda mass, TRG Tru Blu and TRG gray, Tru Blu heads are cool with ABZ (not cool as in clicced or kicking it, but no drama) but those fools are and have been on the decline since TRG gray came up and been putting them TRG Blu's down.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 377
Joined: June 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by triplethreat » March 18th, 2011, 12:19 am

^Thanks for dropping that knowledge Bullet. I wasn't aware of that history. Didn't realize Dallas CBC went that far back. And never knew much about the TRG Blu side. Like you said before, learning something new everyday.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » March 19th, 2011, 8:26 am

Wordemup.
Yeah I mean those fools don't date back too too far(because cbc aint that old as it is) but they definitely got founded shortly after the LB set, as did Dallas ABZ but Dallas ABZ can trace more of it's lineage back to Van Nuys heads than LB. You know how it goes man, shit hits the fan and fools bounce out, and with Khmer communities being so tight nit yet sprawled across the US, there's only a few places for you to move/send your kid where they'll be family around, like Dallas, or Lowell/Lynn, theres also a handful of Khmer living in upstate NY. With Viets it's like Wichita or New Orleans, I haven't met too many cali Viets who have family ties to new york though, even though there's a grip of viets there too.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by Proverbz » March 22nd, 2011, 4:30 am

buLLetxx2 wrote:Well CBC was originally on that semi crip tip, and flagged blue, the TX set was established before they dropped that crip tip and went all "clansta", the CBC in TX(old east dallas) is cool with ABZ there, same in murda mass too. TRG too, originally flagged blue and thats what my homies told me was the reason for the split off that ABZ sprung from, because some fools wanted to keep it crippin and some fools wanted to go independent with it so those who wanted to flag blue became ABZ and TRG dropped the blue, yet funny thing was they claim(ed) the same color as longos claim; black and gray. There are 2 separate TRG sets in murda mass, TRG Tru Blu and TRG gray, Tru Blu heads are cool with ABZ (not cool as in clicced or kicking it, but no drama) but those fools are and have been on the decline since TRG gray came up and been putting them TRG Blu's down.
interesting, so abz did split from trg. i was watching the gangland episode on trg and they mentioned that abz split from trg. i didn't believe it and thought they were throwing out wrong info but i guess they were right. what i heard prior to your post is that there was a group called Ultimate New Wave. From this group came the Tiny Rapists which turned into TRG and another group which was Asian Boyz. I am curious to see how the Ultimate New Wave guys looked like because obviously they were fans of New Wave music so they might have borrowed their style from bands like The Cure and New Order.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by shing » March 22nd, 2011, 8:27 pm

Proverbz wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:Well CBC was originally on that semi crip tip, and flagged blue, the TX set was established before they dropped that crip tip and went all "clansta", the CBC in TX(old east dallas) is cool with ABZ there, same in murda mass too. TRG too, originally flagged blue and thats what my homies told me was the reason for the split off that ABZ sprung from, because some fools wanted to keep it crippin and some fools wanted to go independent with it so those who wanted to flag blue became ABZ and TRG dropped the blue, yet funny thing was they claim(ed) the same color as longos claim; black and gray. There are 2 separate TRG sets in murda mass, TRG Tru Blu and TRG gray, Tru Blu heads are cool with ABZ (not cool as in clicced or kicking it, but no drama) but those fools are and have been on the decline since TRG gray came up and been putting them TRG Blu's down.
interesting, so abz did split from trg. i was watching the gangland episode on trg and they mentioned that abz split from trg. i didn't believe it and thought they were throwing out wrong info but i guess they were right. what i heard prior to your post is that there was a group called Ultimate New Wave. From this group came the Tiny Rapists which turned into TRG and another group which was Asian Boyz. I am curious to see how the Ultimate New Wave guys looked like because obviously they were fans of New Wave music so they might have borrowed their style from bands like The Cure and New Order.
back in those days when you talked about "New Wave" music it meant groups like Modern Talking, Bad Boys Blue, and C.C. Catch. not The Cure or New Order.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by Proverbz » March 22nd, 2011, 11:46 pm

shing wrote:
Proverbz wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:Well CBC was originally on that semi crip tip, and flagged blue, the TX set was established before they dropped that crip tip and went all "clansta", the CBC in TX(old east dallas) is cool with ABZ there, same in murda mass too. TRG too, originally flagged blue and thats what my homies told me was the reason for the split off that ABZ sprung from, because some fools wanted to keep it crippin and some fools wanted to go independent with it so those who wanted to flag blue became ABZ and TRG dropped the blue, yet funny thing was they claim(ed) the same color as longos claim; black and gray. There are 2 separate TRG sets in murda mass, TRG Tru Blu and TRG gray, Tru Blu heads are cool with ABZ (not cool as in clicced or kicking it, but no drama) but those fools are and have been on the decline since TRG gray came up and been putting them TRG Blu's down.
interesting, so abz did split from trg. i was watching the gangland episode on trg and they mentioned that abz split from trg. i didn't believe it and thought they were throwing out wrong info but i guess they were right. what i heard prior to your post is that there was a group called Ultimate New Wave. From this group came the Tiny Rapists which turned into TRG and another group which was Asian Boyz. I am curious to see how the Ultimate New Wave guys looked like because obviously they were fans of New Wave music so they might have borrowed their style from bands like The Cure and New Order.
back in those days when you talked about "New Wave" music it meant groups like Modern Talking, Bad Boys Blue, and C.C. Catch. not The Cure or New Order.
someone knows his new wave music! were you into into the new wave scene back in the days? how did the asian gangbangers look like who listened to these bands?

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » March 24th, 2011, 9:18 am

Proverbz wrote:
someone knows his new wave music! were you into into the new wave scene back in the days? how did the asian gangbangers look like who listened to these bands?
High hair, colorful shirts and acid washed jeans+jean jackets yo, real talk. But a lot of heads in LA(county) were on that tip at the time, tight jeans and shit, it was the style/trend at the time. I mean, yeah, dickies and friscos with white T's have been the uniform for sometime, but thats not to say suckas didn't take breaks in some weird directions before coming back to the 'norm.' Look at all these kids banging in skinny jeans these days hahaha.
At least thats how I remember it, I was just a kid then though.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 24th, 2011, 7:20 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:
Proverbz wrote:
someone knows his new wave music! were you into into the new wave scene back in the days? how did the asian gangbangers look like who listened to these bands?
High hair, colorful shirts and acid washed jeans+jean jackets yo, real talk. But a lot of heads in LA(county) were on that tip at the time, tight jeans and shit, it was the style/trend at the time. I mean, yeah, dickies and friscos with white T's have been the uniform for sometime, but thats not to say suckas didn't take breaks in some weird directions before coming back to the 'norm.' Look at all these kids banging in skinny jeans these days hahaha.
At least thats how I remember it, I was just a kid then though.
Yeah, a lot of people don't know "tight jeans" were in for some. I'm not talking like the real tight 1's these youngsters wear these days, but you know what I mean. Bright colors were also in.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by shing » March 24th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Image

that's what the style looked like in the 80s. all those Oak Tree and GoGo Boutique clothes

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by Proverbz » March 25th, 2011, 4:15 pm

these guys were really high watering their pants, michael jackson status LOL. man it's a trip to see how g-style changes with time. when i think about abz or trg it's all about khaki suits, bandannas, locs, sagging, white ts, and cortez. prior to this style, i heard about asian gangbangers being into the new wave style but i really had no clue how they looked like. that picture shing posted cleared all that up. shing are you in that pic?

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by shing » March 25th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Proverbz wrote:these guys were really high watering their pants, michael jackson status LOL. man it's a trip to see how g-style changes with time. when i think about abz or trg it's all about khaki suits, bandannas, locs, sagging, white ts, and cortez. prior to this style, i heard about asian gangbangers being into the new wave style but i really had no clue how they looked like. that picture shing posted cleared all that up. shing are you in that pic?

in there somewhere. and to clear it up, it wasn't skinny jeans. it was jeans or pants that were baggy up top and cuffed and rolled up at the hem. it was called a pegleg. Z Cavariccis made alot of those pants.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by judastaugamma » September 2nd, 2011, 6:01 am

Proverbz wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:Well CBC was originally on that semi crip tip, and flagged blue, the TX set was established before they dropped that crip tip and went all "clansta", the CBC in TX(old east dallas) is cool with ABZ there, same in murda mass too. TRG too, originally flagged blue and thats what my homies told me was the reason for the split off that ABZ sprung from, because some fools wanted to keep it crippin and some fools wanted to go independent with it so those who wanted to flag blue became ABZ and TRG dropped the blue, yet funny thing was they claim(ed) the same color as longos claim; black and gray. There are 2 separate TRG sets in murda mass, TRG Tru Blu and TRG gray, Tru Blu heads are cool with ABZ (not cool as in clicced or kicking it, but no drama) but those fools are and have been on the decline since TRG gray came up and been putting them TRG Blu's down.
interesting, so abz did split from trg. i was watching the gangland episode on trg and they mentioned that abz split from trg. i didn't believe it and thought they were throwing out wrong info but i guess they were right. what i heard prior to your post is that there was a group called Ultimate New Wave. From this group came the Tiny Rapists which turned into TRG and another group which was Asian Boyz. I am curious to see how the Ultimate New Wave guys looked like because obviously they were fans of New Wave music so they might have borrowed their style from bands like The Cure and New Order.
from what i remember it was ultimate wave warriors and teenage rapists. that's where trg and abz from long beach trace its roots from. at least somewhat.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 26th, 2011, 8:41 pm

IS TBS STILL AROUND? LAST MONTH I SAW TBS UP ON A SIGN RIGHT BEFORE A FREEWAY AS I WAS LEAVING LONG BEACH.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 155
Joined: November 3rd, 2007, 4:35 pm

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by SB Tisoy » January 22nd, 2012, 7:56 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:IS TBS STILL AROUND? LAST MONTH I SAW TBS UP ON A SIGN RIGHT BEFORE A FREEWAY AS I WAS LEAVING LONG BEACH.
Some of em probably still in Carson but they are defunct as a gang. Most likely that was a hit up from a tagging crew, or maybe a TBS vet trippin down memory lane haha

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: TBS in Carson

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 25th, 2012, 7:56 pm

SB Tisoy wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:IS TBS STILL AROUND? LAST MONTH I SAW TBS UP ON A SIGN RIGHT BEFORE A FREEWAY AS I WAS LEAVING LONG BEACH.
Some of em probably still in Carson but they are defunct as a gang. Most likely that was a hit up from a tagging crew, or maybe a TBS vet trippin down memory lane haha
Yeah, it was definitely tagger style and it was a sticker.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Asian & White gangs”