Fight For Freedom

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Fight For Freedom

Unread post by shadoworder » May 22nd, 2004, 12:16 am

im curious as to wheter FFF is still around,and just how big(members-wise) were they in their heyday(early to mid 80s)did they actually evolve out of a punk band with the same name??and how feared were they in the past? were they a wp gang??

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Fight For Freedom

Unread post by Impala » May 23rd, 2004, 10:17 pm

Can't answer any of your questions but I remember going to a gig back in like 1983 or so; I think it was at the Hollywood Palaidium but truthfully I don't exactly remember (went to lotta punk gigs back then..loved the pit)

Well anyways, FFF and the Suicidals went at it; like a 20 on 20 full on gang fight..it spilled out into the parking lot..LAPD showed up in force..it was a regular riot.

I personally thought FFF was a "rich white boys" punk gang/crew.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 5th, 2004, 3:36 pm

FFF had about 50 to 70 at their peak. There was an artcle on them in the LA Times and they were featured in a documentary on LA gangs. They were considered the hardest white gang at on point in the mid 80's. They had a beef with Blythe St. and dissolved shortly after.

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » June 6th, 2004, 10:49 pm

Silencioso wrote:FFF had about 50 to 70 at their peak. There was an artcle on them in the LA Times and they were featured in a documentary on LA gangs. They were considered the hardest white gang at on point in the mid 80's. They had a beef with Blythe St. and dissolved shortly after.
thanx for the info,would you happen to know what the name of the documentary was??someone also pmed with this discussion about FFF on some nazi board

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » June 6th, 2004, 10:57 pm

posted by someone named "mister scorpio"
Re: FFF(fight for freedom)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's clear up cholo angle....for starters, 3Fs was started by some punk rock guys at Poly High in the NorthEast end of North Hollywood. A hard area for white kids with the influx of the Mexicans, that had seen heavy gang activity for generations. Sol Trece, North Hllywd Locos, NorthSide 18th St, Northside Clanton 14...Pacoima Flats, San Fer to the North..., Barrio Van Nuys, Blythe St to the West... These guys had to deal with this **** and wouldn't back down. The ese influence came from the area, but these were/are white boyz...this is like 1979-80..they were just youngsters then. During that time it really meant something to be in the punk scene and these dudes were in it, some of them garage musicians at the time. So through natural progression, things grew, a punk band was started, etc.. Other hardcore guys were recruited....grew the reputation..these guys came from some tough, non-white areas, tough working class areas, and suburban areas. Tres Efes, 3fs, FFF, it would be read a lot of different ways. There was some cholo influences because there were alliances with certain gangs and even had a few mexican and asian dudes that were in certain cliques. Through the evolution, many graduated from CYA to state pens and that is where much of the WP influences started because it wasn't coming from the neighborhoods at that time. At one point in the mid 80's there might have been well over a hundred actual members and there was a real presence at punk shows and wherever we decided to land that day. We were at war with anything Venice, Suicidals, and Burbank Punks. We were cool with Circle One Family and the Lads for the most part in the punk rock days...some SH cliques in the later days. Things got fragmented and really started breaking off into many different cliques...some not cool with others. We had the original NoHo guys and there were 3 or 4 cliques amongst them. We had some boys up in the Conejo and Ventura Co., some in Sunland/Tujunga, Hollywood, the West SFV...which grew to Huntington Beach, and several prisons of course through the years. Some cliques definitely more hardcore than the others, some having a heavier WP influence than others. The structure was the same as any city street gang, but had many suburban members in the ranks to varying degrees. There are some heavy hitters that came from these cliques, and anyone from back then knows this.
A lot has changed through the years, but many are still around. Many are dead and many are in prison. Many have been recruited by HA's and Vago's and have graduated in the life so to speak. Some are successful tradesmen and businessmen. But we all have that 3F bond.
The reason why it will eventually become extinct is because after 1990 the probation period for new people was so long and painful in many instances that most couldn't hang or couldn't be agreed upon...so the numbers started thinning.
It going on twenty five years, and even though the spray paint isn't on all the walls you still might find yourself in a big wreck on some night with the 3F boys. We're still out there.
Thanks for the support GSS.

R.I.P. Engineer .....an enforcer extraordinaire.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 7th, 2004, 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info bro. Peace.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » June 9th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Yeah I remember Ranger from back in the day. I remember Godzillas when punk started to become lame. I remeber the band FFF had a recording they did that Metzger sold. Going way back now...

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » June 18th, 2004, 4:24 pm

The documentary was something they had on Channel Nine. It was pretty good. They had info on all types of L.A. gangs, which is rare. Usually they just pick on blacks or Mexicans.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 11th, 2006, 6:05 pm

I remember hearing about Ranger from FFF.

I don't remeber any big Sui/FFF feud though. When was that?

shadoworder
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shadoworder » January 23rd, 2006, 10:53 am

Pretty good Music.

PAYASO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PAYASO » May 30th, 2006, 10:55 pm

[quote="AcmeWhiteBread"]Yeah I remember Ranger from back in the day. I remember Godzillas when punk started to become lame. I remeber the band FFF had a recording they did that Metzger sold. Going way back now...[/quote]

THE DUDES I MET FROM FFF WERE PRETTY COOL.I KNEW RANGER,WOODY,JD,COLIN,AND A FEW OTHERS.ALSO SOME LADS SACHRED REICH.PESCADO FROM LADS WAS A FIRME LIL DUDE,WITH ALOT OF HEART.THATS WAS A LONG ASS TIME AGO.