United Bamboo

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
richjesus

United Bamboo

Unread post by richjesus » August 31st, 2008, 8:27 pm

anyone remember this small time triad/gang in the early 90's ?

i'll share some random info i have on em:

i kno bout them, cuz one of my good friends banged UB, and he got affiliated from the actual triad in Taiwan. he knew some real mobster heads from there, and they made him. supposedly in taiwan, they are on some real mafia type business. they got like 10k heads or something affiliated.

anyways, he had some UB friends around OC and rowland/DB areas. i dunno if they were into the gang banging stuff, but they were into more into money making stuff. slanging, identity fraud, home invasions, etc. come to think of it, i dunno if any of em even got into any beefs or anything.

i think they probably faded into the dust like other triads from back in the day.

anyone else got info on em, feel free to share.

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Re: United Bamboo

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » October 9th, 2008, 8:42 pm

They are still around I think, my friend is from there. THey are underground, not like other street gangs where to gangbang to make a name. One of their main enemies is 4 Seas or Wah Ching.

Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 682 » October 10th, 2008, 6:38 pm

i remember them from back in the mid 90s and up to like 99... i dont remember hearing anything after 2000... but that could be cuz i stopped going to that entire db/rowland/hh/westco area since. i never really heard of UB banging either like other sets... but what i "heard" (not really verified) was the guys here in the states claiming UB were just wannabe triad for the whole elite mobster status. who knows, i never personally knew anyone who claimed it so i could easily be wrong about that sh*t.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » October 10th, 2008, 8:52 pm

i remember alot in walnut but the were real cool with WC that i saw

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » October 11th, 2008, 1:41 am

the ones i knew were from alhambra. they were pretty low key. someone told me they were rivals of wah ching, however, that was like around the early 2000, i don't know aobut now.

LVN
What city do you live in now?: La Puente

Unread post by LVN » October 17th, 2008, 2:40 am

Most of the members started new gangs or joined existing ones. For example, A few hopped over to VBOYZ, TRIAD BOYZ, and ORIENTAL THUGZ can trace its lineage back to UB as well as the 1st generatino of Torrance T-Side WC. Paul side and Alhambra side WC had alot of older guys that use to claim UB.

achillies12
What city do you live in now?: Des Moines

Unread post by achillies12 » October 17th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Orginal boys UB doesn't have beef with WC. WC isn't even on their radar unless they are working against UB or working along side 14k Wo Hop To.

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » October 27th, 2008, 11:40 am

Somehow, I just rememberd I met a couple people in my school who were from UB that were around Montebello. Kind of odd for that, because Montebello is majority Hispanics living there.

no5trin6puppe7
What city do you live in now?: SGV

Unread post by no5trin6puppe7 » January 10th, 2009, 5:51 pm

I got a homie from UB in Arcadia. They ain't got beef with anyone. All they really do is just slang and chill, but they ain't active no more.

chosunpride
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SoKal

Unread post by chosunpride » June 5th, 2009, 7:48 am

I knew 2 dailo s from UB from back in the 90's. They arent supposed to claim, but it seems youngsters got in and started roaming around claiming starting up their own sets, with permission from their nice and very lenient dailos. They got in, and got out. No jumping in = bad street gang (not talking about heads and older generation cuz I give props to them for their moneymaking skills)

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » August 2nd, 2011, 6:48 pm

no5trin6puppe7 wrote:I got a homie from UB in Arcadia. They ain't got beef with anyone. All they really do is just slang and chill, but they ain't active no more.
wat side was arcadia ?

did they have beef wid anyone?