San Gabriel Valley & Van Nuys

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

San Gabriel Valley & Van Nuys

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 25th, 2009, 2:35 am

what gangs are still active? and anything popping?

MVxOside
What city do you live in now?: Oceanside

Re: San Gabriel Valley & Van Nuys

Unread post by MVxOside » July 2nd, 2009, 7:47 pm

I hear Abz active in Van nuys

ob26
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Hollywood

Unread post by ob26 » July 2nd, 2009, 8:05 pm

hear bout abz, vbz, akb lately

okiedokie
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by okiedokie » August 16th, 2009, 9:43 pm

No Asians are active in Van Nuys.. The only ones tearing ass in that area are Blythe St and SanFer and some little taggers. Van Nuys ABZ now are busters.. RPB HAS BEEN DEAD, TGP.. DEAD, TST.. DEAD.. STS.. DEAD.. NS-BNG.. DEAD! My homies little brother (Thai) is from Van Nuyz ABZ and we were all together not too ling ago and the ABZ that were there were just there hanging around, they weren't even talking about gang shit, they were just chillen.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » August 17th, 2009, 12:01 pm

^ pretty much the valley (818) is pretty much a safe place now just a bunch of busters especially those mexican tagging crews, the only asian gang still pretty much active in my eyes are asian boyz but the riders are getting locked up in a crazy rate and theres alot of snitches in that gang too which makes more of the riders get locked up at the same time lol

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 17th, 2009, 1:02 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:^ pretty much the valley (818) is pretty much a safe place now just a bunch of busters especially those mexican tagging crews, the only asian gang still pretty much active in my eyes are asian boyz but the riders are getting locked up in a crazy rate and theres alot of snitches in that gang too which makes more of the riders get locked up at the same time lol
Yep yep, VN ABZ aint dead but the reason homie up above said "they weren't even talking bout gang stuff" is cuz like Thonko said, a lot of snitches man, a lot of snitches. Well maybe not "a lot" but when sh-- hits the fan there have always seem to be snitches in VN ABZ ranks, which hits them really REALLY hard cuz those fools have some RIDERS. And you all know what i mean when i speak about Riders in VN ABZ, they got some fools or had some fools ready to put in work on anyone, any hood, any time and then got fools who come along forr the ride and will be ready to rat when the time comes. and in the 90s we saw how these fools were dealt with. Things have changed though, bigger police presence, and a bigger knowledge of what they are doing by the police has cut their activity in half.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 18th, 2009, 12:35 pm

okiedokie wrote:No Asians are active in Van Nuys.. The only ones tearing ass in that area are Blythe St and SanFer and some little taggers. Van Nuys ABZ now are busters.. RPB HAS BEEN DEAD, TGP.. DEAD, TST.. DEAD.. STS.. DEAD.. NS-BNG.. DEAD! My homies little brother (Thai) is from Van Nuyz ABZ and we were all together not too ling ago and the ABZ that were there were just there hanging around, they weren't even talking about gang shit, they were just chillen.
asian gangs are dead in sfv even abz.

ab hurt themself a lot when they became picky recruiting heads.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 18th, 2009, 12:49 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:
thonkoboy2000 wrote:^ pretty much the valley (818) is pretty much a safe place now just a bunch of busters especially those mexican tagging crews, the only asian gang still pretty much active in my eyes are asian boyz but the riders are getting locked up in a crazy rate and theres alot of snitches in that gang too which makes more of the riders get locked up at the same time lol
Yep yep, VN ABZ aint dead but the reason homie up above said "they weren't even talking bout gang stuff" is because like Thonko said, a lot of snitches man, a lot of snitches. Well maybe not "a lot" but when sh-- hits the fan there have always seem to be snitches in VN ABZ ranks, which hits them really REALLY hard because those fools have some RIDERS. And you all know what i mean when i speak about Riders in VN ABZ, they got some fools or had some fools ready to put in work on anyone, any hood, any time and then got fools who come along forr the ride and will be ready to rat when the time comes. and in the 90s we saw how these fools were dealt with. Things have changed though, bigger police presence, and a bigger knowledge of what they are doing by the police has cut their activity in half.
you guys are over exagerrating the snitching thing because of all the press those guys that snitched on the van nuys og's back in the 90's.

in those cases 3-4 ab's snitched and it made all the newspapers and tv and shit that's why.

you guys need to stop getting your stories from newspapers and tv. i grew up in the valley and knew a lot of those guys.

most of those vn ab guys get caught because they do stupid shit in public and there's a lot of witnesses and they get caught up.

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » August 18th, 2009, 4:30 pm

it's not like in the 90's anymore when alot of asian gangs used to be active. the older generation either have families or working making that money and enjoying the party club life while most of the bg's are doing the stupid dirty work.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 18th, 2009, 4:50 pm

562booney wrote:it's not like in the 90's anymore when alot of asian gangs used to be active. the older generation either have families or working making that money and enjoying the party club life while most of the bg's are doing the stupid dirty work.
asian people are also better off now than back then.

back then a lot of the cambodians and vietnamese were new to the u.s. and were poor. that's why a lot of them grew up in bad neighborhoods.

now cambodians and vietnamese are growing up in better neighborhoods. what you get is suburb rich kids in mickey mouse gangs.

a kid growing up in say eastside long beach or downtown los angeles or van nuys is more likely to be a gang member than a kid that grew up in say rowland heights or granada hills.

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » August 19th, 2009, 1:14 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
562booney wrote:it's not like in the 90's anymore when alot of asian gangs used to be active. the older generation either have families or working making that money and enjoying the party club life while most of the bg's are doing the stupid dirty work.
asian people are also better off now than back then.

back then a lot of the cambodians and vietnamese were new to the u.s. and were poor. that's why a lot of them grew up in bad neighborhoods.

now cambodians and vietnamese are growing up in better neighborhoods. what you get is suburb rich kids in mickey mouse gangs.

a kid growing up in say eastside long beach or downtown los angeles or van nuys is more likely to be a gang member than a kid that grew up in say rowland heights or granada hills.

yeah when u talk to ppl and saying what city ur from, and if u bring up eastside long beach, downtown los angeles, or van nuys, ppl going to stereotype that ur a thug/gangster lolz, it's good to see some of the asian ppl are better of now than back then in the ole days...it's sux that some of the new young cats are trying to make a name for themselves with their mickey mouse make up gangs that i never heard LMAO!!!.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 20th, 2009, 1:24 am

judastaugamma wrote: you guys are over exagerrating the snitching thing because of all the press those guys that snitched on the van nuys og's back in the 90's.

in those cases 3-4 ab's snitched and it made all the newspapers and tv and shit that's why.

you guys need to stop getting your stories from newspapers and tv. i grew up in the valley and knew a lot of those guys.

most of those vn ab guys get caught because they do stupid shit in public and there's a lot of witnesses and they get caught up.
It only takes one to mess things up though. One snitch means there could be another and then you got homies splintering into little cliques only rolling with who they know and been knowing for a bit. Then the peewees don't really learn whats up from the right heads cuz no one wants to speak on some real talk to some fool that might potentially rat them out.

It's one thing to change your mind bout how down you really wanna be for the hood when things get thick, yeah some may call you a ranker and you may catch heat for it but in the long run thats your choice and it doesn't effect the homies none really. It's another thing to fake the funk and go along for the proverbial ride and then run your mouth to save your own ass when things get too thick.

3-4 snitches may seem like a little number but thats 3-4 snitches too many.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 20th, 2009, 3:34 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote: It only takes one to mess things up though. One snitch means there could be another and then you got homies splintering into little cliques only rolling with who they know and been knowing for a bit. Then the peewees don't really learn whats up from the right heads because no one wants to speak on some real talk to some fool that might potentially rat them out.

It's one thing to change your mind bout how down you really wanna be for the hood when things get thick, yeah some may call you a ranker and you may catch heat for it but in the long run thats your choice and it doesn't effect the homies none really. It's another thing to fake the funk and go along for the proverbial ride and then run your mouth to save your own ass when things get too thick.

name a gang that hasn't had someone snitch on a homeboy. if you can name one , that's a gang that has never gotten caught up for anything.

it happens. it happens with sicilian and italian mafias , it'll happen with little street gangs.

maybe it's because i'm not a gangster but when someone is facing life or 10-20 years it's hard not to take a deal. people are only human.

you guys have this distorted way of looking at gang life. gang members are just like everyone else.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 21st, 2009, 3:24 am

judastaugamma wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote: It only takes one to mess things up though. One snitch means there could be another and then you got homies splintering into little cliques only rolling with who they know and been knowing for a bit. Then the peewees don't really learn whats up from the right heads because no one wants to speak on some real talk to some fool that might potentially rat them out.

name a gang that hasn't had someone snitch on a homeboy. if you can name one , that's a gang that has never gotten caught up for anything.

it happens. it happens with sicilian and italian mafias , it'll happen with little street gangs.

maybe it's because i'm not a gangster but when someone is facing life or 10-20 years it's hard not to take a deal. people are only human.

you guys have this distorted way of looking at gang life. gang members are just like everyone else.
Reread my last post man and then youll get a better understanding of what I was getting at. What I was saying is like homies know the name of the game when they start to play, and if you aren't down with putting in dirt, getting rolled up and doing your time then maybe you should take a walk before something big goes down, that way you dont know nothing and can truly say you had nothing to do with it. It's the fools who wanna keep up the tough guy act even though deep down inside they might not wanna ride with the homies tonight, they are the ones who end up snitching. Theres almost always a window to say you aint down with this and yeah you'll get dissed, youll catch heat, you may even get your ass beat but you can back out before it goes too far for you.
If something just popped off and you were there and in the middle of it, then I guess you couldn't do nothing bout it, but then again, like i said you know the name of the game before you start to play and if you didn't like the rules you shouldn't have started playing.

Sorry, that whole paragraph was just me rambling, basically, if you aint down with dumping on some fool OR taking the consequences if you get rolled then you best not be kicking it with the homies anymore like that.

I've got no quarrels with civilians who aren't involved and just wanna like rat out the dope dealer terrorizing their hood or slanging dope at their kid's school or whatever, I used to hate on that stuff but now that im older I can see the motives behind that and I respect the fact that folks dont want that around their kids or their home or whatever so they ring up the po po, fine.
But if you're from a hood and stuff pops off, what you expect is gonna happen? like fools are gonna pull out a pump and shoot rainbows and kittens while singing the wheels on the bus go round and round then you all give each other daps and bounce out?

But like i said I got a personal beef with homies that snitch when the sh-- hits the fan, I did 4 years upstate on a 7 year bid cuz of a homie snitching on me.
Long story short, like I stated in my "the pipe" thread, I was into the shabu for a bit. and by a bit I mean a bit ha. Well used to stay off cherry and 7th, those little 3story townhouse whatevers, me and the homie may or may not have been occasionally cooking up little 100g batches from time to time. No one was saying sh-- so we kept at it, had another homie who used to carry for me and cut it with that horse tranquilizer stuff that looks just like meth so he could make a few extra on his sacks. Well one day fool got rolled I guess, with a lil over an O, and dude made a deal so quick they had his ass back on the street in a few hours. I didn't even know about him getting rolled up thats how fast he was back out. Next thing I know he's back in a few days, like normal, talking bout he needs 4 Os for some fool in OC whos ballin out in yorba linda. No biggy, break him off and he's out. 20-30minutes later I hear a BANG on the side of my building (flashbang) and about 3-4seconds later BOOM my door gets kicked in and im hemmed up. Fool wore a wire and they got me on tape talking bout "I only got 3 oz right now, come back in a day and I'll kick down the rest", they played that shit for me on tape man, still rings in my head.

Anyhow, cuz I had so much dope and cuz my "homie" had said I do this on the regular they wouldn't even PC1000 or Prop36 me, it was upstate with my ass. Luckily I had cash to pay for a lawyer and cut my time down, a public pretender woulda had my ass handed to me on a plate. In the end im thankful for that bust man, got me clean and now im doing well living out the country in Hong Kong with my wife as an English Teacher for little kids. But still got nothing but hate for that rat of a homie who knew what he was getting into when he asked me to front him his first 8ball.

So that story wasn't really neccessary but now you know where im coming from in regards to snitches. So dont take it personal homie, cuz i know you had homies from VN ABZ, I'm just saying having snitches like that on big dealy crimes is a foundation shaker and obviously things cant be the same after that.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 21st, 2009, 7:43 pm

i hear you.

if you're down enough to join a gang , you should be down enough to not snitch and do your time.

the main snitch on that big case where all the og vn ab got locked up wasn't even van nuys ab. his name was KID. he was san jose ab not van nuys. he just moved down to l.a. because of his cousin from vn ab who he snithched out as well.

the thing that annoyed me was the cats above who posted stuff like , "they got a lot of snitches blah blah blah"

they don't know those guys. some people just talk without knowing anything. that one dude talked about he had a thai homie from vn ab. BS. LMFAO

there's very few thai's in vn ab. the few thais that were vn ab were mostly from the 90's. the last thai dude i heard of in ab was a youngster who got deported back to thailand 6-7 years ago.

sgvoc123
What city do you live in now?: deathvalley

Unread post by sgvoc123 » August 21st, 2009, 10:33 pm

hey u know sonny??? you know what prison hes at? also i hear booboo and his brother just got caught right?

sgvoc123
What city do you live in now?: deathvalley

Unread post by sgvoc123 » August 21st, 2009, 11:28 pm

u vn abz right? and live in Valerio Apartment? i been there a couple time back in 93?? so i probably met you? maybe? my cousin knew some of the vn vietnameses member so we chill there like once or twice. but none of them live there. well i dont think so.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 22nd, 2009, 12:42 am

sgvoc123 wrote:hey u know sonny??? you know what prison hes at? also i hear booboo and his brother just got caught right?
nah i don't know sonny.

he was one of the older guys.

the older guys stopped hanging out at valerio back in '95. it was too hot. i remember the cops use to drive in there once every hour for a while.

i heard they got caught like a year and a half ago in philippines. i think they got deported back to the u.s. a few months ago.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 22nd, 2009, 12:49 am

sgvoc123 wrote:u vn abz right? and live in Valerio Apartment? i been there a couple time back in 93?? so i probably met you? maybe? my cousin knew some of the vn vietnameses member so we chill there like once or twice. but none of them live there. well i dont think so.
nah i'm not van nuys ab.

i was in a little junior high crew with a bunch of them. when we reached high school age all my cambodian homies jumped into vn abz.

nah no vietnamese lived in valerio. they always use to just hang around there because all the cambodian ab lived there.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 22nd, 2009, 12:24 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
sgvoc123 wrote:hey u know sonny??? you know what prison hes at? also i hear booboo and his brother just got caught right?
nah i don't know sonny.

the older guys stopped hanging out at valerio back in '95. it was too hot. i remember the cops use to drive in there once every hour for a while.

i heard they got caught like a year and a half ago in philippines. i think they got deported back to the u.s. a few months ago.
Haha, did they finally get extradited? Last I had been keeping up with that case both those fools were trying to claim they were not who the FBI said they were. They still claimed to be brothers but not the brothers from ABZ ha.

And hey man, Judas, we good homie. I know where you were coming from and now I hope you see where I was coming from. anyone who really knows whats what knows VN ABZ in the 90s was down as hell man, I guess all things must have an ending, they just got their's rough. I know they're still around and whatnot but its just not the same as it was.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 22nd, 2009, 8:00 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:
nah i don't know sonny.

Haha, did they finally get extradited? Last I had been keeping up with that case both those fools were trying to claim they were not who the FBI said they were. They still claimed to be brothers but not the brothers from ABZ ha.

And hey man, Judas, we good homie. I know where you were coming from and now I hope you see where I was coming from. anyone who really knows whats what knows VN ABZ in the 90s was down as hell man, I guess all things must have an ending, they just got their's rough. I know they're still around and whatnot but its just not the same as it was.
yup. they finally got deported back to l.a. i read about it in the filipino newspapers.

there was a big scandal about it. their family in philippines who are well off tried to bribe the head of the pbi (philippine fbi) with several million pesos or something like that.

yeah i heard there's still a few youngsters running around. the problem with them is recruiting. they got picky on who they let in and not many kids want to be vn ab anymore. plus i know a lot of kids whose older brothers and uncles are ab and want to get in but their older brother or uncle won't let them get in. i don't think they have many youngsters left. that's why i'm so surprised i still hear or read about them in newspapers still. i guess it doesn't matter if you're deep as long as you have a few crazy kids.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » August 23rd, 2009, 4:01 pm

I heard Wa Ching owns Rosemead and around.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 24th, 2009, 4:36 am

youayntfresh wrote:I heard Wa Ching owns Rosemead and around.
At one point they did for sure, I bang back now and do my own thing but in the past few years I see them less and less and hear about them less and less, so I can't say for sure if thats still the case.
Lot of the younger heads seem to have straight lost their way, some of the younger heads even swear up and down they're a Slob set and have been for a bit which just aint true and if it is true, that they do claim to be Slobs now well, that just goes to show how much those fools lost their way.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » August 1st, 2011, 6:26 pm

wah ching still got rosemead on lock.

i think in the LA area, wah ching is the only chinese gang that actually held a traditional "hood" like mexican n black gangs.

although prolly easier in rosemead wid not a high concentration of enemies n neighborhoods.

that place used to be a wah ching stronghold back in the day tho.

and that also brings me to think, wid so many god damn asians in the sgv, their membership #'s arent very high. esp wid such a huge pool to recruit fromm.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 3rd, 2011, 6:48 pm

wickerman wrote:
wah ching still got rosemead on lock.

i think in the LA area, wah ching is the only chinese gang that actually held a traditional "hood" like mexican n black gangs.

although prolly easier in rosemead wid not a high concentration of enemies n neighborhoods.

that place used to be a wah ching stronghold back in the day tho.

and that also brings me to think, wid so many god damn asians in the sgv, their membership #'s arent very high. esp wid such a huge pool to recruit fromm.
Chinese gang? You mean Asian gang? Because there aren't many straight Chinese gangs out there, wah ching isn't even all Chinese and hasn't been in a long time. And, they're not the only Asian gang to lock down a hood. OBZ is still up and active in the Pueblos and OLBZ used to have China Town on lock, even ABZ in VN and LB have/had territory. Wah Ching NEVER not EVER had a "hood" I knew of, and claiming an entire city is yours is hardly having a 'hood.'
Just sayin.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » August 4th, 2011, 11:45 am

filipino, khmer's been known to have hoods fo sho. they still be holding hoods in LBC.

i meant wah ching was the first chinese gang to have a hood. and ur right, wah ching got a gang of viets n other races these days. but you kno wat i mean

koreans, chinese, viets are more mobile n dont usually have deep enuf population to hold an area.

and i think as opposed to claiming rosemead, they actually had "Turf" there in that city. thats wat ive been told.

asian gang banging pretty dead tho to be honest. i live around mid city area and havent seen anyone that fits the "look" of an asian banger around my parts in quite a while.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » August 4th, 2011, 5:14 pm

wickerman wrote:filipino, khmer's been known to have hoods fo sho. they still be holding hoods in LBC.

i meant wah ching was the first chinese gang to have a hood. and ur right, wah ching got a gang of viets n other races these days. but you kno wat i mean

koreans, chinese, viets are more mobile n dont usually have deep enuf population to hold an area.

and i think as opposed to claiming rosemead, they actually had "Turf" there in that city. thats wat ive been told.

asian gang banging pretty dead tho to be honest. i live around mid city area and havent seen anyone that fits the "look" of an asian banger around my parts in quite a while.
Whoever told you WC had a hood was putting too much on it. The closest Asian gangs come to holding some turf would be like watching over a coffee shop, karaoke bar, or restaraunt etc...

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 5th, 2011, 6:38 am

...or an internet cafe.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 5th, 2011, 12:13 pm

don't forget pool halls

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 5th, 2011, 5:00 pm

haha yeah, pool halls, but they were always less...uhh...steady. I always remember the spots we posted at would 'change hands' often, no matter what city it was in. There was a spot I used to post at in Buena Park that went from being an ABZ spot, to a college kid spot, to a biker spot, to an ese spot, to STS spot, to a biker spot, to our spot again and round and round it went, surprisingly with no violence except for the time some fool from STS sweated my homie and got socked in the face, but then folks realized they knew each other from school or something and it just got talked over and dropped.