Heard Asian gangs are fading out in Long Beach.

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Heard Asian gangs are fading out in Long Beach.

Unread post by youayntfresh » February 7th, 2010, 9:27 pm

They say they are moving out to other cities. This was on a paper but I forgot which one it was. That TRG,Asian Boyz, and SOS are low in numbers and are not creating activity. Anyone got something to say?

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Heard Asian gangs are fading out in Long Beach.

Unread post by twocost » April 11th, 2010, 9:51 pm

I'm not to sure about that.. It use to be way worse in Long Beach but I've heard its gotten better. I know in orange county there's a lot of Asian bangers. I seen a lot of Asian bangers in OC Jail.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by youayntfresh » April 14th, 2010, 2:23 pm

twocost wrote:I'm not to sure about that.. It use to be way worse in Long Beach but I've heard its gotten better. I know in orange county there's a lot of Asian bangers. I seen a lot of Asian bangers in OC Jail.
Thats what I heard. I even heard that since black gangs are recruitment more outside the race in Long Beach,that some people fear that Hispanics will be recruited and will war with Hispanic gangs.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 10,00.html

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » October 22nd, 2010, 6:47 pm

youayntfresh wrote:They say they are moving out to other cities. This was on a paper but I forgot which one it was. That TRG,Asian Boyz, and SOS are low in numbers and are not creating activity. Anyone got something to say?
It ain't popping like it used to be but there's still noise being made. TRG seems ghost, I know they're around and there's been a couple heads in the news as of late, they seem to be bouncing back and forth a lot between the Minnie St set in Santa Ana and the LB set.
CBC is still around but on the lay low, they've always been that way though, around just not out and about.
ABZ, N/S and E/S, is still around, still steady beefing with Longos, just not like it was before, from both sides. They still hold down New York Street on the E/S and Cherry Apts up N/S.
EFCC is also still around, small in numbers but they've always been small in numbers, I can't think of a time they were more than 40-50deep.
Sui Town still around too, the S.E.A Clicc in effect, small in numbers but a grip of heads down to get it on and popping.
SoS is still around, but a lot of the sets they used to have on the E/S seem to be inactive on the E/S, 10th St Dawgs don't hold down their hood anymore, a lot of civilian hispanics live there now, though they can still be seen on the W/S posted at/near silverado, the 32nd St CeeWees clicc is bout the only active set, running round on the W/S with them baby insanes. Still beefing with longos, and PVCC.

So yeah, it's just not the 90s anymore is all that changed man, not as much of a reason to bang for some kids, things calmed down on all sides. It's not like it was where if you were Asian and age like 11-17 it felt like you almost had to be banging for your hood for whatever reason because shit was crazy back then.

xxramenno0dlezxx
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LONG BEACH

Unread post by xxramenno0dlezxx » October 26th, 2010, 11:15 am

yeah i see alot of those TRGs in santa ana lately... but ive been seenin quite a few over there off of south and paramount in North LB by the parwoods

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by SDmofo » July 24th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Heres my take.
There doesn't seem to be as many Cambodians in Long Beach as there used to be. They don't seem to be as apparent. I know that a lot of Bangers have also moved out of Long Beach and are inactive. Also keep in mind Cambodian immigration basically halted in the late 80's. If there were a consistent flow of Cambodians into Long Beach the gangs would be much deeper and more active. Shit if there were such thing as Cambodian fobs they would be banging harder than the Cali Borns. Fools in Srok Khmer are no joke.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » July 31st, 2011, 11:55 am

SDmofo wrote:Heres my take.
There doesn't seem to be as many Cambodians in Long Beach as there used to be. They don't seem to be as apparent. I know that a lot of Bangers have also moved out of Long Beach and are inactive. Also keep in mind Cambodian immigration basically halted in the late 80's. If there were a consistent flow of Cambodians into Long Beach the gangs would be much deeper and more active. Shit if there were such thing as Cambodian fobs they would be banging harder than the Cali Borns. Fools in Srok Khmer are no joke.
It's that, coupled with the vast generational gap as a result of lacking (SE Asian)population influx, every other generation lacks youngsters it seems. Because of this, when there are heads to be recruited on that upswing generation it's just not as appealing, nor necessary feeling to get down with the hood, if there even is a hood at that point (ie, your fam moved, or the clicc in your area faded out). The only appeal for Asians to join any hood in the LB these days is for 'protection' because, despite the downturn in gang numbers and violence in the LB between Hispanics and Asians, it's still quite common for innocent Asians to be victimized by hispanics and other races. Simply because, as the title suggests, they lack in numbers. They're no longer "different" or Fobs any more(for the most part) but being a Minority coupled with the fact that your cousins or uncles or big brothers put it to the Longos hard back in the day doesn't help your cause for wanting to be neutral, hence the small amt of recruitment still going on.