MOST ORIGINAL BLACK GANG NAME

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » March 27th, 2006, 2:21 pm

[quote="X"][quote="bgcasper"] [size=24][b]i aint no cpt gangsta [/b][/size][/quote]

Nuff Said.....[/quote]LOL I AINT NO CPT GANGSTA CLEAR ENUF???????
LOL NUFF WUD???? IM ASOUTHCIDE PARIS 13 OG RIDER WITH MANY NAMES ON MY BELT AND DID BRING A EUROPEEN TITLE TO the GLORIOUS SW PROJECT FAMILY SC 13 HOOD ..SO IM REAAADY NOW back TO CPT BIZNESS I GREW UP IN SOUTH COMPTON AND HAVE RELATIVE FROM THERE .THATS ALL YALL NEED TO KNOW .I AM NOT REPPIN NO CPT HOOD BUT HAVE LOVE AND RELATIVE IN ACERTAIN SET...

NOW ALL THE PREVIOUS POST CONCERNING YOUNG NILE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ATLANTC DRIVE ... IT DOESNT EVEN REFLECT MY OPINION ON THE NILE...JUST WASMAD ...

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » March 28th, 2006, 3:59 am

YOU'S A MUTHAFUCKIN CHARACTER WITH MANY DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES.

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » July 6th, 2006, 11:44 am

INSANE CRIP GANG
WEST COAST CRIP (ORIGINALLY BIT)!
MAC MAFIA
4 CORNER BLOCC
O-HOOD CRIP
HARLEM CRIP (R-30'S) HARLEM CRIPS FIRST
SEX JERKS
TROUBLE GANGSTAS

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » July 6th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Bounty Hunters

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » July 7th, 2006, 2:51 am

X wrote:
Young Nile wrote:LIL nigga from Gardena tried to bang on me and about five of the homies on the strip on new years....LOL....."This Gardena...." His big homie grab'd him....

OH yeah I forgot about

DRAGNET.....

lol...

Alot of them wanted no part of banging back in the days, but now they out there like they super gangstas... :roll:

them niggas deep though. but they in gardena, aint no body sweatin them, thats why they deep.

gardena, aint known for being a death sentence.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 11th, 2006, 5:15 pm

terren2000 wrote:

:shock:

And thats a bad thing?

And name a spot thats an automatic "death sentence" where it's crackin all day, everyday. I don't put extras on no turf, aint nowhere it's a guarentee you going to get laid down anytime you roll through. And I hate to bring this up because I aint with the bs, but I'm sure Billboard(RIP) was thinking the same as you about GARDENA...

But anyway, I'm going to keep the peace on this subject, but it seems like you another one who got GARDENA twisted...

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » July 12th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Silencioso wrote:Crips was a very original gang name when they first started. People are still debating the meaning/origin of that name.

all time coolest black LA gang name:

Bloodstone Villains

Read Tookie's autobiography: BLUE RAGE...

It settles any debate/ dispute where the name "CRIPS" came from.

The original name given by Raymond Washington was "CRIBS"....

However, Some O.G.'s while drunk, would mis-pronounce it "CRIPS"...

So that name became official after that per Big Took...

Can't argue with the founders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the origin of the name: BLOODSTONE ?

Or what does the P stand for in BLACK "P" STONES ?

Martinez 8)

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » July 15th, 2006, 2:33 am

X wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

And thats a bad thing?

And name a spot thats an automatic "death sentence" where it's crackin all day, everyday. I don't put extras on no turf, aint nowhere it's a guarentee you going to get laid down anytime you roll through. And I hate to bring this up because I aint with the bs, but I'm sure Billboard(RIP) was thinking the same as you about GARDENA...

But anyway, I'm going to keep the peace on this subject, but it seems like you another one who got GARDENA twisted...

Gardena aint weak, but its just not in the league of the other cities, because its really not a bad place to live.

Im not downing it, but some places are a lot more dangerous than gardena. They got riders, but you cant compare them to South central, or Compton.

The activity isnt as bad as other areas. They aint no punks, but in comparison with other gangs, they just dont get that rep.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 15th, 2006, 8:39 am

terren2000 wrote:
X wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

And thats a bad thing?

Gardena aint weak, but its just not in the league of the other cities, because its really not a bad place to live.

Im not downing it, but some places are a lot more dangerous than gardena. They got riders, but you cant compare them to South central, or Compton.

The activity isnt as bad as other areas. They aint no punks, but in comparison with other gangs, they just dont get that rep.

In every hood, whether GARDENA, Compton, L.A., watts or whatever, you got the certain bruthas who if you run into at the wrong time you getting got. Yeah certain hoods got bigger reps, but my point is if you roll through these hoods you mentioning it aint no guarentee something going to crack 100% of the time. It all depends on if you run into the real ridas from that hood. And no hood is full of ridas. And I dont include the sideliners who just gone hit you with they hood when you roll through, or those who down in packs as the ridas. I'm sure you know who I speak of as being the ridas.

Don't get me wrong brutha, I see your point but my point is thats how alot of cats is restin now, they was thinking certain hoods aint all that and they end up getting caught slippin, but it be too late to turn around. I have plenty of proof of this.....

Anyway, so dude decided not to ban you huh? Thats cool. I saw where he said he banned you for responding to some bs, but again, I believe 95% of these on here respond to and post a gang of bs but they get major passes. Keep doing what you do brutha....

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » July 17th, 2006, 2:59 am

X wrote:
terren2000 wrote:
X wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

And thats a bad thing?

In every hood, whether GARDENA, Compton, L.A., watts or whatever, you got the certain bruthas who if you run into at the wrong time you getting got. Yeah certain hoods got bigger reps, but my point is if you roll through these hoods you mentioning it aint no guarentee something going to crack 100% of the time. It all depends on if you run into the real ridas from that hood. And no hood is full of ridas. And I dont include the sideliners who just gone hit you with they hood when you roll through, or those who down in packs as the ridas. I'm sure you know who I speak of as being the ridas.

Don't get me wrong brutha, I see your point but my point is thats how alot of cats is restin now, they was thinking certain hoods aint all that and they end up getting caught slippin, but it be too late to turn around. I have plenty of proof of this.....

Anyway, so dude decided not to ban you huh? Thats cool. I saw where he said he banned you for responding to some bs, but again, I believe 95% of these on here respond to and post a gang of bs but they get major passes. Keep doing what you do brutha....

yea, it was a crappy picture i repsonded to. If you saw it, you would have trip as well.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » July 17th, 2006, 3:03 am

yes terrible STD picture off some diseased wang that mick posted, ironically i was eating breakfast at the time....

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » July 17th, 2006, 3:16 am

afakasi wrote:yes terrible STD picture off some diseased wang that mick posted, ironically i was eating breakfast at the time....

i told my homegirl, i honestly couldnt sleep that night. worse thing ever.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 17th, 2006, 8:34 am

terren2000 wrote:
afakasi wrote:yes terrible STD picture off some diseased wang that mick posted, ironically i was eating breakfast at the time....

Now you made me curious...What kind of picture?

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » July 17th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Sentenza wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

lol you prolly dont wanna see it,

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » July 19th, 2006, 3:01 am

Sentenza wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

trust dude, you dont wanna see it.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: MOST ORIGINAL BLACK GANG NAME

Unread post by alexalonso » September 11th, 2008, 5:09 pm

way back there was a gang called Satan's Saints

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jo

Unread post by Jupebox » October 6th, 2008, 7:35 pm

I always did like the name "Oringinal Harlem Godfathers"

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jo

Unread post by Jupebox » October 6th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Another one that stands out is ECC Q now I can't remeber if it was just Q or Q 102....anyway Lunitic from their said the name came from one of their home girls that died and she use to always listen to a raido station named Q or some weird shit like that.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Re:

Unread post by youngspade » December 12th, 2009, 10:27 am

terren2000 wrote:
X wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

And thats a bad thing?

Gardena is whack and THEY arent even close to Carson or EVEN TORRANCE is more slappin than them niggaz. Gardena niggaz think there the shit until A INGLREWOOD/CPT/LA nigga steps up! THey aint shit but BUSTERS. I stayed on 139th and Shotguns aint shit. Paybacks are full of rapists and lames. The other hoods are just made yesterday!

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » December 12th, 2009, 10:31 am

Inglewood Families - Is original and its an INGLEWOOD FAMILY that just happen to be BLOODS.

Spook Town - CPT Crips

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re:

Unread post by perongregory » December 22nd, 2009, 8:02 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:
Silencioso wrote:Crips was a very original gang name when they first started. People are still debating the meaning/origin of that name.

all time coolest black LA gang name:

Bloodstone Villains
Read Tookie's autobiography: BLUE RAGE...

It settles any debate/ dispute where the name "CRIPS" came from.

The original name given by Raymond Washington was "CRIBS"....

However, Some O.G.'s while drunk, would mis-pronounce it "CRIPS"...

So that name became official after that per Big Took...

Can't argue with the founders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the origin of the name: BLOODSTONE ?

Or what does the P stand for in BLACK "P" STONES ?

Martinez 8)
Black "Peace" Stones

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 29th, 2010, 8:52 pm

weirdoz blood, asked how that name came about a while back and no one answered, and dirty old man gang crip....most valuable pimp gangster crip gets an honorable mention too, and farm dogg cc's - where did that come from? is farm dogg cc's out in the boonies?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 11th, 2012, 3:11 pm

What is the origin of the name BLOODSTONE?

It was the name of an RnB/funk group in the 70's. Plus, any word with "stone" in it, sounds cool.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 11th, 2012, 8:46 pm

the oldest current names are:

- Outlaws
- Swamps
- Harlem
- Bishops

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » May 12th, 2012, 5:46 pm

I like the way the black gangs add "Rollin" to the numbers of of the streets they roll. Its original and adds more than just claiming a street. Nothing sounds hareder than Rollin 60s though IMHO.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re:

Unread post by alexalonso » January 13th, 2013, 12:46 pm

worldwide wrote:INSANE CRIP GANG
WEST COAST CRIP (ORIGINALLY BIT)!
MAC MAFIA
4 CORNER BLOCC
O-HOOD CRIP
HARLEM CRIP (R-30'S) HARLEM CRIPS FIRST
SEX JERKS
TROUBLE GANGSTAS
you must like Long Beach

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » February 27th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Silencioso wrote:What is the origin of the name BLOODSTONE?

It was the name of an RnB/funk group in the 70's. Plus, any word with "stone" in it, sounds cool.
yes, straight from that group. What year did that group come out?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » February 27th, 2013, 11:43 pm

I always like the name "School Yard" - I guess because I was on the school yard at John Burroughs when I met my first one. They are not names after anything geographic, but someone once told me that the street Sycamore that is in their turf inspired the name School Yard Crip.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » March 3rd, 2013, 12:16 am

alexalonso wrote:
Silencioso wrote:What is the origin of the name BLOODSTONE?

yes, straight from that group. What year did that group come out?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstone_(band)

Formed in 1962, in Kansas City, Missouri, the group was a high school doo-wop group called The Sinceres. In 1967-68 they were backed by and toured with a large Kansas City horn band known as the Smokin' Emeralds and performed their version of a Motown-style review which drew large crowds at a venue called the Place in the Westport district of KC. By 1971, the band consisted of Melvin Webb on drums, Roger Durham on percussion, Charles Love on guitar and vocals, Charles McCormick on bass, Harry Williams on percussion, and Willis Draffen on guitar.
After learning to play their respective musical instruments, moved to Los Angeles, California. After arriving in Los Angeles, the group met their prospective managers George Braunstein and Ron Hamady. They also replaced their drummer Melvin Webb with Eddie Summers, a resident of Los Angeles, California. The managers decided to change their name from The Sinceres to Bloodstone. Later the group traveled to London, England where they achieved a recording contract with Decca Records. The original members were Charles McCormick, Willis Draffen, Jr., Charles Love, Harry Williams, Roger Durham and Eddie Summers. The first album was entitled Bloodstone, whereas there were two singles released simultaneously called, "That's The Way We Make Our Music", and "Girl (You Look So Fine)", written and arranged by Eddie Summers the newest member. Their second album, Natural High reached the US R&B Top 10, with their single, "Natural High" reaching number 10 on the Pop chart. The album was written by various members of the group Bloodstone.
Bloodstone became known for their funk/soul tracks that blended Jimi Hendrix-styled rock music with doo-wop and gospel music undertones. The group's other hits include, "Never Let You Go", "Outside Woman" and "My Little Lady". Bloodstone was instrumental in the "black rock" and funk movement of the 1970s, and even had a hand in the brown-eyed soul movement with some Latin music-tinged hits. Bloodstone performed with Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Elton John, and The Impressions. Their 1973 album Natural High, produced by Mike Vernon, sold over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc by the R.I.A.A. in July that year.[1] They achieved a moderate comeback in the early 1980s with McCormick replacement Ron Wilson. Their album We Go a Long Way Back (1982), whose title track reached the R&B chart Top 5, also produced a follow-up single "Go On and Cry" that reached number 18. The group continued to record into the mid 1980s. They continue to tour and perform to this day with original members Charles McCormick, Charles Love, Harry Williams and newer member Donald Brown. Bloodstone also starred in and wrote all the music for a film entitled Train Ride To Hollywood (1975). Founding member Willis Draffen died on February 8, 2002 at the age of 56.[2]
[edit] noww in their dedicatiions the gang... is mentioned

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » March 3rd, 2013, 12:25 am

from what i know natural high was a blood anthem in san quentin ...also the song betty everett there 'll come a time is the og cribs initiation song at raymonds time inside the circle in freemont

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIYiHJkDpJ0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2H_uz7k8g[/youtube]

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 16th, 2017, 5:32 am

alexalonso wrote:I always like the name "School Yard" - I guess because I was on the school yard at John Burroughs when I met my first one. They are not names after anything geographic, but someone once told me that the street Sycamore that is in their turf inspired the name School Yard Crip.
I've always wondered about the origin of the name School Yard Crip myself. I grew up in SYC hood in the 90s on Longwood Ave near Venice Blvd.

I always assumed that the gang was formed on the school yard of Alta Loma Elementary... only because it's the only school right smack in the middle of their hood.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 16th, 2017, 5:43 am

I don't know if it's "original" but I always thought "We Don't Care Crips" was a funny name for a hood.

When I was in high school this funny dude in class would always blurt out "We Don't Care Crip" and get a laugh from the class. I wasn't sure if that was a real set at the time but I later learned it was.

I think he also used to shout out "Kitchen Crip." I think he grew up in a Blood neighborhood and while he didn't bang, he sided with Bloods out of affiliation. That's probably why he only would make fun of Crip sets with weird names.

East Coast Crip used to stand out to me because of the name... because they're not from the east coast. First heard of East Coast Crip in high school from a dude named Enoch who actually was from ECC. I lived on the west side and went to schools there, but they'd bus kids from all over the city.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”