Venice Shore Line Crips - West LA

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: VENICE SHORELINE CRIPS

Unread post by mangler » April 2nd, 2004, 5:45 pm

...SHOLINES ARE NOT DEUCES.. THE 2X STANDS FOR 2ND. AVE...THEY HAVE THERE BLOCKS OVER THERE...5X IS 5TH.AVENUE.....

*SHOLINES ARE THE EASTSIDERS OF VENICE..THEY STAY IN OLD SCHOOL GANG GEAR....THEY LOOK AND TALK LIKE SOUTH CENTRAL DUDES...

*DURING THE TREATY, THE 60S WORKED SOME SHOLINES AT THE BOARDWALK...TO MY SURPRISE, THEY CAME ON CRENSHAW/SLAUSON SUPER DEEP, TRIPPING.....JOHNNY CAME B4 IT GOT TO HEATER PLAY.....I GAVE THEM DUDES A LITTLE RESPECT AFTER THAT, COMING ALL THE WAY TO THE CRENSHAW DISTRICT FROM VENICE TO BANG...KIND OF REMINDED ME ON HOW THE HOMIES GET DOWN....
Last edited by mangler on April 19th, 2004, 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ho0dStA bOi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ho0dStA bOi » April 2nd, 2004, 6:23 pm

mangler wrote:
Ho0dStA bOi wrote:the sho lines is dueces ...but they coo with ETG wtf. me and some of my lil niggas ran into sum sho lines and it wasnt beef between us like smokin each other , niggas was jus choppin it up like do we got problems or what. niggas jus stated they names and we jus stated our names. niggas was gonna get down but they big homie wasnt on one like that , jus the lil niggas.we went our seprate ways but besides that i dont see as we beef with dem niggas like that. them niggas is way in venice and they dueces , but niggas have they time beefin tho. it was major friction 4 sho tho
...SHOLINES ARE NOT DEUCES.. THE 2X STANDS FOR 2ND. AVE...THEY HAVE THERE BLOCKS OVER THERE...5X IS 5TH.AVENUE.....

*SHOLINES ARE THE EASTSIDERS OF VENICE..THEY STAY IN OLD SCHOOL GANG GEAR....THEY LOOK AND TALK LIKE SOUTH CENTRAL DUDES...

*DURING THE TREATY, THE 60S WORKED SOME SHOLINES AT THE BOARDWALK...TO MY SURPRISE, THEY CAME ON CRENSHAW/SLAUSON SUPER DEEP, TRIPPING.....JOHNNY CAME B4 IT GOT TO HEATER PLAY.....I GAVE THEM DUDES A LITTLE RESPECT AFTER THAT, COMING ALL THE WAY TO THE CRENSHAW DISTRICT FROM VENICE TO BANG...KIND OF REMINDED ME ON HOW THE HOMIES GET DOWN....
ok so u tellin me that this nigga said they was dueces and they not........ i doubt he was confused.im not sayin u wrong but every time i run into 1 they say dueces....but if u say so

1DOWN

Unread post by 1DOWN » April 2nd, 2004, 10:32 pm

THAT NIGGA XZIBIT KICK IT WITH A FEW VSLC AN ON THE WASH SOUND TRACK IN ONE OF HE'S RAP LINE HE RAP ABOUT MOE DOG FROM VSLC(RIP)GETTING KILLED IN THE SUMMER.
THE PBGC IS THE ONE'S WHO DID IT BUT XZIBIT DIDN'T SAY.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: SOUTH SIDE VENICE SHORELINE CRIPS MAR VISTA GARDENS

Unread post by K1LLJOY » April 21st, 2004, 4:42 pm

the VSLC is still around they in the oakwood projects now

YP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YP » July 17th, 2004, 4:28 am

THE VSL BEEF WITH THE O's.............. GANGSTA CRIPS AND LIKE WEST LA HOODS LIKE THE HOOVAS

SOUTH SIDE VILLAGES AND VENICE SHORE LINES BE LIKE VC UP

THEY BOTH VILLAGE CRIPS

I GOT A LIL HOMIE FROM SHORE LINE MAH NIGGA TATTED UP

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » July 17th, 2004, 12:30 pm

SORRY....THE VENICE SHORLINES DO NOT GET ALONG WITH EIGHT TREYS. SEEN TO MUCH SHIT FIRST HAND BY THE HAND OF EIGHT TRAYS GIVEN TO SOME SLIPPIN SHORLINES TO BELIEVE THAT ONE

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

venice shorelines

Unread post by Beef » March 7th, 2005, 1:27 pm

territories...cali/lincoln?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: venice shorelines

Unread post by Silencioso » March 30th, 2005, 4:27 pm

basically the whole Oakwood area of Venice. They hold down Oakwood Park in particular.

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » July 20th, 2005, 12:56 am

yup that vslc...

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Shorelines losing ground?

Unread post by George » August 25th, 2005, 2:37 pm

The Oakwood neighborhood of Venice, which lies inland a few blocks from the tourist areas, is notorious for crime exacerbated by local drug dealers from the local Crip set, Venice Shoreline Crips. It is now undergoing rapid gentrification and the Shorelines are in rapid decline.

Ballerina Clown by Jonathon Borofsky. The statue's right leg is mechanized and kicked slowly when first installed.Like much of Los Angeles, Venice is also well-known for traffic congestion; it lies 2 miles away from the nearest freeway, and its unusually dense network of narrow streets was not planned for the demands of modern traffic.

------------------------------------------------------------------
is this true? i found this on a website while googling.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 25th, 2005, 3:01 pm

L.A. in general is on the upswing. Hoods that are in the most desirable areas such as Venice and other beach cities including tourist spots are going to get the "boot" first.

The bottom line is money. Tourism = money, and if they have to uproot the poor to get at it, the city will do it in a hot minute.

Culver city is on the upswing too.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 25th, 2005, 8:10 pm

When you are leaving the boardwalk area and are on the main road going east....is that street california? I cant remember...or is it lincoln maybe...Its basically the main road in venice....going east-west

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 26th, 2005, 7:07 am

if it's east west it's not lincoln, must be Venice Blvd.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » August 26th, 2005, 1:52 pm

WOW. I never would even think someone like the Shorelines would lose ground like that.

They just seem like riders from way back till now. Its like seeing the ECC or 60's being uprooted by Uncle Tom.
I know the gov/city can probably do that too.

L Grindin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Hawthorne

Unread post by L Grindin » August 27th, 2005, 12:38 am

George wrote:WOW. I never would even think someone like the Shorelines would lose ground like that.

They just seem like riders from way back till now. Its like seeing the ECC or 60's being uprooted by Uncle Tom.
The government can, and don't be suprised if they do it. Poor people usually lack the resources to take on the rich, and when the rich can influence the government, the rich usually prevail. A recent Supreme Court decision also made it easier for the government to use imminent domain for private development. This would mean that, for example, if Wal-Mart wanted to build a supercenter in Hyde Park, and the city supported them, they could demolish all the homes that lay in the way, and there would be little the 60's could do about it; the people in that area don't have the money to buy the political influence to take on Wal-Mart.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » August 27th, 2005, 9:36 am

I guess run like the Shaolin Monks and start smaller chapters in and around Southern California??? Can you picture 60's starting stuff in the South Bay???? LOL i doubt it though.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » August 27th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Cold Bear wrote:if it's east west it's not lincoln, must be Venice Blvd.
yea bear...after i posted it, i realized it was venice blvd...how far is cali st. from venice...how many streets over?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 28th, 2005, 7:56 am

I guess you could say it's the next bigger street to the north from Venice.
A bunch of smaller streets between Venice and California, but it's the next street up w/ a light.

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » November 27th, 2005, 10:43 pm

coPs is on these niggas tough! I roll threw they hood like every week, swear i see at least 2 coPs every time. sometimes it'll just be like 3 of em Posted on the streets..they krakin down on em

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » November 28th, 2005, 1:51 pm

Damn police trying to take that last strongholds in the West!!!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 28th, 2005, 2:06 pm

They been trying to make Oakwood and other parts of Venice like the rest of the Westside for a long time now... Alot of the real estate people and city officials have been trying to find excuses to close down buildings and rebuild new ones with issuing BS violations.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 11th, 2006, 11:17 am

Someone told me these dudes got asians and white boys on the set. Is that true? I wouldn't be suprised considering Venice is yuppieville, but maybe someone can confirm that?

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » March 11th, 2006, 10:23 pm

youngwun wrote:Someone told me these dudes got asians and white boys on the set. Is that true? I wouldn't be suprised considering Venice is yuppieville, but maybe someone can confirm that?
never in my life have i met a white boy or asian from shoreline..

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » March 13th, 2006, 9:28 am

P0rk wrote:never in my life have i met a white boy or asian from shoreline..
Now i know your a youngster.

You've said in another post that V13/VSL never had beef.

V13 and CxC team up in the 90s against the Shorelines.

This is when the West L.A wars were cracking.

And YES, Shorelines do/did have whiteboys and mexicans in they shit.

They had a White Boy named Cyco Mike, he was out of the Projects, i went to Marina Del Rey Jr high with these dudes in the 80s.

B4 they had beef with Culver City, when Shorelines ran the projects

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 13th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Thanks for the info, Oldguy.
WOW. I never would even think someone like the Shorelines would lose ground like that.

It's gonna happen to a gang like VSLC before it will the 60's or East Coast. White people and, well people who got money in general (no need for me to pigeon hole) are gonna flock to these beach communities like they always have and try to make Venice the Silverlake of West LA. Grimey as it is/was, it's a tourist trap in it's own right and I can see families being more into that then taking a tour of 60's hood with a tourguide that'd say "this is where _____ got shot, and _____ killed his first brim right here and, oh, over there is where my brother got busted and is doing life for triple murder" haha.

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » March 16th, 2006, 12:46 am

oldguy wrote:
P0rk wrote:never in my life have i met a white boy or asian from shoreline..
Now i know your a youngster.

You've said in another post that V13/VSL never had beef.

V13 and CxC team up in the 90s against the Shorelines.

This is when the West L.A wars were cracking.

And YES, Shorelines do/did have whiteboys and mexicans in they shit.

They had a White Boy named Cyco Mike, he was out of the Projects, i went to Marina Del Rey Jr high with these dudes in the 80s.

B4 they had beef with Culver City, when Shorelines ran the projects
I've only lived in venice for about a year in a half. so when i can only talk on what i've seen with my own eyes or heard from the very few dudes i know from VSLC.

and since ive been here, ive never seen a white boy from vslc, now did they have beef with V13's. they were throwin funktions together and such.

and yeah, I am a "youngster".

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » November 1st, 2007, 8:04 pm

They had a White Boy named Cyco Mike, he was out of the Projects,

the lead singer from suicial tendencies was nickmamed cyco mike...is that the same guy?

i was around cali/lincoln today...are the apartments basically there main territory?

pysCh0
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Venice Shore Line Crips - West LA

Unread post by pysCh0 » August 9th, 2008, 4:49 pm

why does this map say they hood is right next door to SYC? http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... ad1c371dfe

gekapone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: INGLEWOOD

Unread post by gekapone » August 10th, 2008, 1:06 pm

Alot of that map is incorrect

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » August 14th, 2008, 1:20 pm

follow that map and you will be nowhere near the lines.

gekapone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: INGLEWOOD

Unread post by gekapone » August 14th, 2008, 3:25 pm

The nigga who made that map is supposedly from 90's LOL this nigga didnt even have that hood correct

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Venice Shorline Crips

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 25th, 2008, 1:00 am

Yeah, the Sho-lines are predominantly black, but they do have a FEW mexicans & white boys from the hood, when I was fightin' my case back in 05, this white boy named NutCase from Sho-line was fightin' a murder case, he was talkin' a lot of trash behind that gate on the bus, Sheriff's had him sittin' by himself, high power, he was mostly talkin' trash to my lil homie Tiny Strange from PBG, & when we got to the attorney booths at LAX court, NutCase & my nigga lil ScottDog from Marvin Gangsta had words back and forth, but we were separated in two rooms so no action took place, but we could see each other thru the glass, that nigga lil Bone from Sho-line was fightin' a murder case too, he was a rida, back in the late 80's to early 90's, the Sho-lines had Mark Twain Junior High sewed up!, but I hear they also had Marina Del Rey junior high sewed up too...

Jr_Godfather wrote:Are The Venice Shorline Crips just an all-black gang or do they got a number of white boys and Hispanics running with them? What school are the younger g's at? What's the official name of them Oakwood projects?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”