Independant Black gangs in L.A.

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Independant Black gangs in L.A.

Unread post by Silencioso » August 8th, 2003, 9:44 pm

There were several indy black gangs back in the 80's that were outside of the Crip and Blood gang subculture. There were the Pozerz, Winos, Sex Jerx, K.O.D.'s, Kingz and a few others. They were a part of the "minor league" gang scene that included punk rock gangs, stoner gangs and the more violent of the tagging crews. They mostly faught eachother or faught white punker gangs like Suicidal Boyz.
The biggest rivalry was between Pozerz and KOD's and Pozerz and West Side Crazys, a mixed race stoner gang in West LA.
These gangs were prolific graffitti writers and there graff usually dominated their neighborhoods. Going through West Adams in 1986 you would have thought West Side Winos was the main gang not Playboy Gangsters, a much harder gang.

Pozerz are still around. They're in Westchester and write "PRZ 13". They added the Sureno affiliation in the mid 90's.
The Pozerz started out as a mod/ska scooter gang around 1984. They had a lot of beefs with white punker gangs like Suicidal and LADS (L.A. Death Squad) and they toughened up and adopted a cholo image. Why they chose to be cholos and not Crips or Bloods is unknown to me.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Independant Black gangs in L.A.

Unread post by GIBBY » August 10th, 2003, 6:48 pm

Silencioso wrote:There were several indy black gangs back in the 80's that were outside of the Crip and Blood gang subculture. There were the Pozerz, Winos, Sex Jerx, K.O.D.'s, Kingz and a few others. They were a part of the "minor league" gang scene that included punk rock gangs, stoner gangs and the more violent of the tagging crews. They mostly faught eachother or faught white punker gangs like Suicidal Boyz.
The biggest rivalry was between Pozerz and KOD's and Pozerz and West Side Crazys, a mixed race stoner gang in West LA.
These gangs were prolific graffitti writers and there graff usually dominated their neighborhoods. Going through West Adams in 1986 you would have thought West Side Winos was the main gang not Playboy Gangsters, a much harder gang.

Pozerz are still around. They're in Westchester and write "PRZ 13". They added the Sureno affiliation in the mid 90's.
The Pozerz started out as a mod/ska scooter gang around 1984. They had a lot of beefs with white punker gangs like Suicidal and LADS (L.A. Death Squad) and they toughened up and adopted a cholo image. Why they chose to be cholos and not Crips or Bloods is unknown to me.

I thought Poserz use to be breakers. I met acouple of them out in Rowland Heights before and i hit em up about the name and they said they used to break and pop hence the name Poserz. Maybe they were bs'ing?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 11th, 2003, 1:26 am

I don't remember Poserz being into breaking they were more into ska bands like Fishbone and Untouchables. Sometimes those lighter weight gangs would claim to be dance crews or whatever when they got hit up by cholos. Maybe that's what happened.

M.T. CAPONE

Unread post by M.T. CAPONE » August 13th, 2003, 2:44 pm

only black indepedent gang i kno of is whitsett avenue gangstaz

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by e » August 26th, 2003, 5:10 pm

silencioso,

is the westside crazys you're referring to the same as Crazys (CYS), a mixed gang but mostly Latinos and Koreans?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 26th, 2003, 5:50 pm

No. Not the one Silenciosio is talking about. The WEST SIDE CRAZYS he's talking about stayed in the WEST LA area. CYS is an EchoParque area gang that was originally Pinoys, but later became more Mayberry St. Crazys gang that had a larger chicano membership. There was also a Koreatown CYS, or K-Town Crazys that was mostly members of Korean descent. They killed the leader of Aztlan 13, which was their claim to fame. Now did all these gangs interact as one? NO, not according to Silenciosio. The WESTSIDE CRAZYS did not know anything about MAYBERRY ST. CRAZYS. However the MAYBERRY ST. CRAZYS do know about K-TOWN CRAZYS, but aren't too fond of them because of their asian membership. MB CYS is now a sureno hood, with none of the Veterano Pinoy founders calling shots.

e
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by e » August 26th, 2003, 6:09 pm

BigDustyLoco,

Appreciate the answers. So CYS was originally a Filipino gang? I didn't know that. If the Mayberry's aren't fond of the Ktowns, how did the koreans start up their CYS click?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 27th, 2003, 9:53 am

I don't know how KTOWN started, but it was during the late 80's. CYS was just Crazys, not Mayberry Street. I think CYS jumped in all these Mayberry Street Taggers into their hood, like in 90' or around that time. I heard the MB CYS of today don't like any "chinos", so their a straight sureno-fied hood now. They mostly beef with EXPls.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » September 1st, 2003, 10:16 pm

Yeah to Speak on those Indy gangs you were talking on. I'm from DOMG I guess you can say we would been apart of that Indapendant era. We also were rivals to the KOD's.

I call them Level 2 gangs not taggers or crews. Because alot of the gangs from the era that you speak on were never taggers. and were always considered thereselves as gangs. As a matter of fact the KOD's were the first type of gang that you speak of to cross the line and turn crip or blood.

But that era was 10 years ago and for the gangs from that era that are still around they have now advanced into hard core street gangs like.
ATC 13
DOMGC
MVPGC
SJXCG
PSZ 13
WDCNHC
51 TGC
PVG
NFL 13
FFGC
MLK 13
AOB

and so on............[/u]

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » September 2nd, 2003, 10:04 am

Yeah, Level 2 gangs. That's the way I always thought of those gangs. In my neighborhood we called them "minor league gangs". They were beyond crews but not as hard as Crips, Bloods and Surenos.

The punk gangs of that era went in the same direction. The ones that stayed around became hard core gangs like Suicidal Boyz or became white power skinheads like LADS.

Was Dirty Old Man Gang ever enemies of a gang called West LA Punx? Cuz I saw WLAPk one time with some DOMG graffitti a long time ago.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » September 2nd, 2003, 7:00 pm

Yeah we used to beef with the WLA's but they wasn't called West LA Punks they was called West LA Posse. Most of them niggaz turned 52 Hoova.
They was one of our main enemies at one time but they was to shallow really to be much comp.

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Snowman » September 8th, 2003, 8:14 am

How about Crenshaw Mafia? Or are they bloods?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 8th, 2003, 10:08 am

yes they are even if they always say '' i ain't from crips or blood i'm from creenshaw mafia ''they are not deep inuf to do their own shiyt , they cool with the lanes wich is another major blood gang and also they cool with the hunters ,those three gangs lanes cmg and hunters are the world most active bloods and for sure they are the top 3 most active bloods , so even if they don't get along with most of the others , those three are the majors ...

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » September 9th, 2003, 12:40 pm

I never heard of no CMG's screaming that the aint Bloodz. That one is new to me and like casper said the Mafia's would have to be one of the most active Blood gangs in the country. Next to Lanes, Hunters and BPS.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 9th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Young Nile wrote: But that era was 10 years ago and for the gangs from that era that are still around they have now advanced into hard core street gangs like.............[/u]
MVPGC They still banging? Where's they hood at?
51 TGC They were TAGGERS.

I personally don't acknowledge any of those sets as legit except Troubles, and the Troubles are using 52HGC to make a name for themselves. They have established a neighborhood, I can't say the same for the other clicks you named although it doesn't mean they haven't.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 9th, 2004, 3:43 pm

Snowman wrote:How about Crenshaw Mafia? Or are they bloods?
CMGB.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 9th, 2004, 3:59 pm

These gangs were prolific graffitti writers and there graff usually dominated their neighborhoods.

The original KOD's didn't do graf, they started at Pacific Palisades as players. They were seniors with the exception of Whitey Capone. The SEX J at Pali were younger, Sexual, Teaser etc and competed for the girls.

Meanwhile the Poserz were from Westechester High School. None of these clicks had intensions on becoming gangs. In fact, the original KOD"s had many ex crips join. If you look at the history of these 3 clicks, the majority and the MAIN NI66A"S derived from the same are (Which is now considered the Overhills.) By some members being from West L.A., Inglewood, Avenues, etc. some of the beefs were legitimate and not COMMON friends or foe. Eventually alot of the KOD's turned 60's and the Jerks 83 or 60 or quit. These play clicks appeared to be taggers because that was the next generation and as they escalated they could be found in different territories and with larger beefs with real established gangs.

What the PRZ 13 had/has twisted is when they finally graduated to prison is they fell under the Sureno's. Which in part meant they had to go against there own race (black). And so some turned Crip, some remained PRZ but rolled with the blacks, and others like Stranger turned Sureno. No longer able to visit his old black friends or turf where he grew up.

The Pozerz started out as a mod/ska scooter gang around 1984. The KODS and SJX started in late 84. The SJX were never gang bangers pre-SJX. They were considered busters or young punks before they became a gang. They eventually put in alot of work, they also had beefs later with the 60's and 83 on Normandie. They still go unacknowledged as real gang wars.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » February 9th, 2004, 6:32 pm

kevmac wrote:
Young Nile wrote: But that era was 10 years ago and for the gangs from that era that are still around they have now advanced into hard core street gangs like.............[/u]
MVPGC They still banging? Where's they hood at?
51 TGC They were TAGGERS.

I personally don't acknowledge any of those sets as legit except Troubles, and the Troubles are using 52HGC to make a name for themselves. They have established a neighborhood, I can't say the same for the other clicks you named although it doesn't mean they haven't.

I here you Kevmac...................
Me being from one of those hoodz my whole life I deal with that alot. In th county, Pen, Streets, These boards.............but its all good lol.........
I guess out of all these sets the troubles was the most seccsfull in establishing them selves.

The MVP's have a hood right on La Brea and Washington. Starts at La Brea ends at Redondo Washington to the 10 freeway I personaly think the MVP's of the 90's were harder than the MVPGC's of today......

The WDC had a hood but lost it when the smoked a nigga from 52 Hoova for trying to run up in they spot..... They are still active to this date the still claim 51 as there street even though its only one of them thats still over there two. They Hoodsta's 51DCNHC or 51NHC...

The DOM's was never taggers. There hood was off of Vermont and King. from fig. to Vermont King to 43rd. But this hood was some what lost when the DOM's and long time some what rival Dark Side 40's started killing each other. Most of the DOM's pushed out of that Neighborhood but still come back on missions blastin 40's who's caught on there Blocc....

The ATC's did start off as Taggers how ever along with the Troubles would have to be considered a success because they managed to gain countrol of a large chunk of what used to be considered HPS hood. They are Surenos now with if you ask me a pretty respectable rep.

You already no the Biz on Poserz

The FFG's was never taggers either. Started off as Fair Fax Posse. Than turned FFGC. They had a hood too. North of Pico to about Olympic from Fair Fax to Curson they just were very un proven seeing how the other cliques that were named were in much harder parts of town the FF's were turned out by the Mansfield's......

AOB was taggers they turned into a gang called Avenue Oxnard Boyz I have know Ideal were they are at and honestly I realy dont know much about them.

I dont know the story on the Perverts I just go off of ear with them. I have always been told that there hood is right were La Dera Hights park is on Slauson and La Brea. I bumped into a few of them niggaz in the pen. They didn't come off as no punks to me so I gave'm respect.....

Anyways that has always been a misconception when talking about these gangs that they were or are taggers alot of these gangs were never taggers. and had a lot of down niggaz from they hood. Most of these hoodz have been mostly dissolved with at least 50% of there homies getting turned out by the local crip or blood gang and only the truely committed niggaz from there cary it own.

So I here you Kevmac.......................................

Ace2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ace2 » February 9th, 2004, 6:37 pm

Now I have live and grown up in inglewood all of my life and i have bang from the wood(APG) and i know alot of Crenshaw Mafia's but to my knowledge I have never heard them say that they were not bloods now they always have claim to be inglewood finest and claim Mafia/lane but never heard them say that they were not bloods.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » February 9th, 2004, 6:44 pm

u sure mvps hood is right there? I used to fuck with this hoe who stayed on orange and washington and she say thats all schoolyards hood down to the 10 freeway. I be gettin weed from up ova there to and I've never seen mvpgc tagged up and I always see schoolyards up around there. I've heard of some shit called bboc that was sposed to be baby mvps, that was in schoolyards hood from washington to venice west of la brea, then I heard mvp was ova by toys r us on la cienga then I heard they was by the popeyes on la brea and jefferson. I had a friend that live next door to me that claimed mvp, I think he was lien though. He said they was by toys r us and he was the one talkin bout that bboc shit, then I had a homie from fairfax gangstas that said mvps hood was off washington and la cienga, he was a major weed head, maybe he ment la brea. Ive never once see mvp tagged up, I think I saw it tagged up at that lousiana chicken on mansfield and washington but I dont no if it said something else.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 10th, 2004, 12:19 am

"The WDC had a hood but lost it when the smoked a nigga from 52 Hoova for trying to run up in they spot..... They are still active to this date the still claim 51 as there street even though its only one of them thats still over there two. They Hoodsta's 51DCNHC or 51NHC..."

Ahhh, I was wondering where the 51NHC's derived from because they aren't from the Cat Walks (Original 51st St Crips). Them fools are deep on that ONE block but from reading the present graf the 51 Troubles don't acknowledge the 51 Nhc's so I guess when they dis NH they are included.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » February 10th, 2004, 9:01 am

51 Trouble and 52 Hoova is there worst enemies...........

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » February 10th, 2004, 11:12 am

You guys remember some twins from SJX?

coconut1202004
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by coconut1202004 » February 10th, 2004, 12:27 pm

M.T. CAPONE wrote:only black indepedent gang i kno of is whitsett avenue gangstaz

I THOUGHT THEY WERE VALLEY CRIPS

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 10th, 2004, 5:31 pm

Young Nile wrote:51 Trouble and 52 Hoova is there worst enemies...........
Yeah well I so figured that much. Just funny that the Troubles and HG don't acknoledge them on the walls. Like I said, "NAPPY" or NH K must be in refernce to them dudes.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » February 11th, 2004, 9:25 am

kevmac wrote:
Young Nile wrote:51 Trouble and 52 Hoova is there worst enemies...........
Yeah well I so figured that much. Just funny that the Troubles and HG don't acknoledge them on the walls. Like I said, "NAPPY" or NH K must be in refernce to them dudes.
That beef go back way before they turned into gangs. If you bump into some troubles and ask them about the DCNHC or DOMG they will tell you that they got beef.

Thats why they cross out they D's when they write HallDale...........

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 12th, 2004, 2:55 pm

THE 51TGC HAVE BEEF WITH ALL NEIGHBORHOODS!

enoob
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by enoob » February 14th, 2004, 10:12 pm

indy gangs INGLEWOOD PIMP GANG/ 3 PZ/ TH DUBBS/ CIP/ MURDER 1/ CB4/

mr nine owe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mr nine owe » March 18th, 2004, 2:15 am

just to put u cats on game..the dom's r nhc now the wdc r nhc' the sjx 87strthere wo're crips and the 51troubles r really gangbangin...

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » March 19th, 2004, 8:44 am

mr nine owe wrote:just to put u cats on game..the dom's r nhc now the wdc r nhc' the sjx 87strthere wo're crips and the 51troubles r really gangbangin...
Yeah we we NH's now.... but not all of us (DOM) rep. NHC...........

1DOWN

Unread post by 1DOWN » April 3rd, 2004, 1:36 am

/

batty

Unread post by batty » June 10th, 2004, 5:27 pm

kevmac wrote:These gangs were prolific graffitti writers and there graff usually dominated their neighborhoods.

The original KOD's didn't do graf, they started at Pacific Palisades as players. They were seniors with the exception of Whitey Capone. The SEX J at Pali were younger, Sexual, Teaser etc and competed for the girls.

Meanwhile the Poserz were from Westechester High School. None of these clicks had intensions on becoming gangs. In fact, the original KOD"s had many ex crips join. If you look at the history of these 3 clicks, the majority and the MAIN NI66A"S derived from the same are (Which is now considered the Overhills.) By some members being from West L.A., Inglewood, Avenues, etc. some of the beefs were legitimate and not COMMON friends or foe. Eventually alot of the KOD's turned 60's and the Jerks 83 or 60 or quit. These play clicks appeared to be taggers because that was the next generation and as they escalated they could be found in different territories and with larger beefs with real established gangs.

What the PRZ 13 had/has twisted is when they finally graduated to prison is they fell under the Sureno's. Which in part meant they had to go against there own race (black). And so some turned Crip, some remained PRZ but rolled with the blacks, and others like Stranger turned Sureno. No longer able to visit his old black friends or turf where he grew up.

The Pozerz started out as a mod/ska scooter gang around 1984. The KODS and SJX started in late 84. The SJX were never gang bangers pre-SJX. They were considered busters or young punks before they became a gang. They eventually put in alot of work, they also had beefs later with the 60's and 83 on Normandie. They still go unacknowledged as real gang wars.
At first it was K.O.S Kingz of Swing and then K.O.D. popped up. I was at Pali at the time. Sex Jerx on the west side ended up being La Familia/West Flatz and a lot from my group turned. Some of us went away to college and when we got back, it seemed that everyone from our neighborhood turned SJX. I know Whitey Capone, graduated with him, I use to see him around Slauson and Keniston. Those were the days. We had beef with Kingz but were outnumbered. That whole time was more about fighting at dances and having "wall wars". The girls called us Trendy gangs.