Grape Street Watts Crip

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » March 28th, 2006, 3:49 am

afakasi wrote:heres my question

hows watts vario's status with GSW at the moment
scratch that, my question was answered in recent posts

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 18th, 2006, 4:15 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:^^^ Ya they get fancy with Old English letters and pictures and stuff....

No offesnse but the most "art" I've seen out of a b/c tag is a picture of a tree from TTP and hand signs. They have a brim sign across the streeet from USC and then some b sign in from of BPSB in J's
Hoovers you used to hit the "HOOVER" Hand sign on the wall :shock:

I saw em hit in the early/mid 90's down Vermont....

The few I see were clean, good quality hit ups 8)

I thought that was Original on their part...

I've alse the TREE TOPS hit....

Orale.
Martinez

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 18th, 2006, 4:59 pm

I'll give you Hoover.... TTP is kinda a stretch, original but not as high quality

If you liked the Hoover stuff a couple BPS did the same type of stuff.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 18th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Still, some of the Mexican ones were on the level of pure graf art tagging crews. NSPX3 have some real crazy stuff, but then you couldn't really tell it was "gang graffitti" without already knowing who did it because usually they just tag their name. In terms of wall art some of the Mexicans are closer to the concept of some tagging crews then they are pure gang tags.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 18th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Man, I've seen a lot of black gangs who write well. Mexicans treat it more as an artform, but anyone who's been to Swan hood in the past few months has seen the infamous "Mr. Crabs" wall. That shit is hilarious. Aint saying who did it though, hehe.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 18th, 2006, 6:14 pm

:lol: :lol:
O I forgot about those

I forgot who did it but someone else did a "Snap Crackle Pop - Ric Crispies" picture years back haha

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 19th, 2006, 12:29 am

MiChuhSuh wrote::lol: :lol:
O I forgot about those

I forgot who did it but someone else did a "Snap Crackle Pop - Ric Crispies" picture years back haha

PROBABLY SOME DENVER LANES I SEE IT BEFORE AND THEY ARE KNOWN FOR THAT.

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: N. Long Beach

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » May 23rd, 2006, 2:31 am

(goodness) cats from many hoods been drawing gang signs for as far as i can remember from MOST hoods across L.A., not exclusive to anybody...more commonly done in jail b4 the streets though, but some years back i did see the Swans draw a picture of a chicken (Kitchens) and a slice of toast with cheese on it (ECC) on Central Ave near 73 hood

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » May 23rd, 2006, 2:33 am

may not be correct about 73 hustler but some hustler set over that way start with a "7"

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 23rd, 2006, 9:55 am

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT wrote:may not be correct about 73 hustler but some hustler set over that way start with a "7"
Yeah, Alonso got a pic of that shit in his photo section.

We been drawing chickens and toast for years as well as crabs and other shit. I've seen every hood draw things from Fruit Town Piru to Six Duece Brim to 90's Crip to Rollin 20's Blood. It's not just Mexicans only doing that shit. HPBrims used to draw big pictures of roller skates and X them out. That always had me laughin!

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » May 23rd, 2006, 10:47 am

youngwun wrote:HPBrims used to draw big pictures of roller skates and X them out. That always had me laughin!
been around for a couple of decades, and NEVER seen no shit like that.

ever!

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 23rd, 2006, 12:34 pm

VOID wrote:
youngwun wrote:HPBrims used to draw big pictures of roller skates and X them out. That always had me laughin!

ever!
Man, then you aint lookin! Last time I saw that was only a few months ago on Vermont.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 24th, 2006, 1:26 am

youngwun wrote:
VOID wrote:

ever!
Man, then you aint lookin! Last time I saw that was only a few months ago on Vermont.

I LIKE HOW YALL BE DRAWING THEM GANGSTA ASS SWANS WITH RAG AROUND THE HEAD.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 24th, 2006, 11:21 am

Haha gyeaaaaah! What's funny is a homie from 80 Swans from Alabama wrote me telling me they do that out there too. Shit's kinda brazy.

We been drawing chickens, toast, crabs and all that for ages. People can say black gangs aint artistic but they lying to themselves and they need to leave Hollywood and come take a ride.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 24th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Well I just had a bias basically of how I saw "artistic."

I go more for this type of stuff:

But everyone has their own style of art I guess

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 24th, 2006, 7:00 pm

You dont gangbang so I don't expect you to see the art or importance in what we write on walls. It's a bigger crime to write gang shit on walls so niggaz dont have two hours to write up on walls. I got into banging cause I liked writing on walls and it esculated from there.

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » May 24th, 2006, 10:02 pm

haha, it always tripped me out when i saw big ass hit ups on walls, shadowed and all that. them niggas must be sneaky as f-ck to not get caught doing that, shit, i'd think an enemy would roll and try and take advantage of you while you got your hands full of paint

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 25th, 2006, 1:11 am

TOO ME BLACK GANGS ARE MORE FUNNY BECAUSE THEY ARE DISSIN THE ENEMIES LIKE WHEN I SEEN THE DENVER LANES DISS THE RAYMONDS BY DRAWING A BOWL WITH THE RICE KRISPY NIGGAZ ON THERE THAT SHIT HAD ME ROLLIN.

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » May 25th, 2006, 7:43 am

in my hood, we call ourselves the big banana and i even seen a few bananas with brim, locs, and rag flaggin drawn though many diss us by calling us bananas but we like this, we have gone bananas...2C's

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » May 25th, 2006, 7:46 am

point of reference, back in the days you would see the Grape Streets fancy up a bunch of grapes on a vine and some had it tatooed on their back

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » May 25th, 2006, 8:32 am

point of reference, back in the days you would see the Grape Streets fancy up a bunch of grapes on a vine and some had it tatooed on their back
bruh, I remember that. From like the time I was 10 up until 15, I was in LA at least twice a month on the weekends, spent damn near every spring break up there......Anyway, I used to love reading graffiti, whether it was gang or tag art. I first saw that grape tag back in '85 or'86, I can't remember for sure. But everytime after that, I would look for that tag when I was in Watts.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 25th, 2006, 10:20 am

I aint ever seen one of these bananas, but that dont mean they dont exist. Only SBCC stuff I see is when you sneak across the Swapmeet parking lot to cross out MOB.

I aint seen a Grape Street tag in YEARS. I think the cameras cracked down on them a lot. WVGrape on the other hand is EVERYWHERE. They do the grape thing too.

And the Lanes always been writing funny ass shit.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » May 25th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT wrote:in my hood, we call ourselves the big banana and i even seen a few bananas with brim, locs, and rag flaggin drawn though many diss us by calling us bananas but we like this, we have gone bananas...2C's
There was a dude from Tana who use to keep a giant yellow banana in his car. At least thats what my homie told me. This was a logn time ago though.

But other niggas just couldnt say banana.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 25th, 2006, 10:30 pm

terren2000 wrote:
Al_Capone_aka_pNuT wrote:in my hood, we call ourselves the big banana and i even seen a few bananas with brim, locs, and rag flaggin drawn though many diss us by calling us bananas but we like this, we have gone bananas...2C's
There was a dude from Tana who use to keep a giant yellow banana in his car. At least thats what my homie told me. This was a logn time ago though.

But other niggas just couldnt say banana.
If that's true than that';s fucking hilarious.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 26th, 2006, 8:00 am

[quote="terren2000"][quote="Al_Capone_aka_pNuT"]in my hood, we call ourselves the big banana and i even seen a few bananas with brim, locs, and rag flaggin drawn though many diss us by calling us bananas but we like this, we have gone bananas...2C's[/quote]

But other niggas just couldnt say banana.[/quote] MOST TANA I SAW WOULDNT LET A STRANGER SAY BANANA BUT BETWEEN THEM THEY WOULDNT GIVE ...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 26th, 2006, 5:52 pm

youngwun wrote:You dont gangbang so I don't expect you to see the art or importance in what we write on walls. It's a bigger crime to write gang shit on walls so niggaz dont have two hours to write up on walls. I got into banging cause I liked writing on walls and it esculated from there.
Actually the "roach" dude was banging with that but you don't live anywhere near him so I don't expect you to see what he's referring to.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 26th, 2006, 7:28 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
youngwun wrote:You dont gangbang so I don't expect you to see the art or importance in what we write on walls. It's a bigger crime to write gang shit on walls so niggaz dont have two hours to write up on walls. I got into banging cause I liked writing on walls and it esculated from there.
Actually the "roach" dude was banging with that but you don't live anywhere near him so I don't expect you to see what he's referring to.
Yo is he in Laguna Beach or some shit?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 26th, 2006, 9:39 pm

lol

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » November 28th, 2006, 6:45 am

ay cuhh How you know 'bout the big homie Roach G.I.P cuhh??

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » November 28th, 2006, 6:50 am

Nevamind yall talkin bout that new york graffiti sh*t, but P-Nut Ive seen the Swans put on the wall Chickens, Toast, and Flowers(Florencias)....and the Kitchen Crips hit up Ducks(Swans), Toasts, and Flowers

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » November 28th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Man, who in the hood drawing up Flowers from Swan? What click because thats new to me. It aint love with F13 but there aint no beef. But yeah, anyone who missed the infamous Mr. Crabs portrait holding a piece of toast and a chicken leg missed out homie, shit was hilarious!

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » November 28th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Well maybe it wasnt swan it prolly was east coast but Ive seen yall niggaz draw just about any and erry thang over there....but whats even mo' funny 'bout the sh*t yall take the time to draw the sh*t w/o thinkin' if the enemy watchin yall

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”