WHAT DOES 13 MEAN

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: WHAT DOES 13 MEAN

Unread post by TheReal » January 28th, 2004, 2:38 pm

[quote="samdoobie"]I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, IF YOU ALL DONT LIKE WHAT I SAID THEN DON'T RESPOND. THE REAL OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, YOUR CRY OF RACISM ISN'T GOING TO GET YOU ANYWHERE. SO STOP IT. ENOUGH SAID.

*Man I'm not trying to get anywhere with you, or anyone else. I'm not on a popularity campaign, or some rabble-rouser who's wanting fools to feel my pain-I'M JUST EXPRESSING WHAT'S ON MY MIND! In all honesty, I'm a self-contained, and self-made man, who doesn't need anything from the likes of you, especially a nod, or a wink! I'm not looking for any type of approval. Me, I'm just a voice in the wind, and a witness in the earth, who can't be no other type of man, than what I am.

It ain't all that deep.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » January 28th, 2004, 2:50 pm

stateraised2000 said:

-as for the nazi's what do you REALLY know about them people? how much timew have you spent around that type of people?

*I know about those people, and what I do know is that they're anti-black, and anti anyone that's not white or approved, and for surenos, or just mexicans in general, to ally themselves with those fools, says a lot!! Besides, I have whites and mexican peeps in my family! Yeah I know that I'm a mixed up racially, but the fact that I have those kinda folks in my family (nazi lowriders, and white supremacists), who are married to surenos and surenas, gives me a much broader trail to unleash on you fools, compared to those who are inexperienced!

As I told someone before, it ain't all that deep, for if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, THEN IT'S A DUCK!! Again, nazis are racist white supremacist devils, and for mexicans and/or surenos to feel comfortable dealing with them, says a lot about mexicans, and elucidates further on about their hatred for blacks, more so than any other indicator! I mean, there's just no reason for a so-called minority (mexicans), to be allying with white supremacists, as well as have a racist white man in charge of your organization/gang.

That doesn't speak to well for mexicans. In essence you become fake revolutionaries and phonies, when it comes to discussions of racism and oppression that mexicans face collectively, when huge chunks of its population deals with the devil, while playing both sides of the fence. What makes it bad, is when this one mexican cat at my job tried to defend nazi's and what they're all about, just because they were cool with mexicans!! I'm like to hell with a nazi, their kind, and anything they stand for, and if mexicans want to ally with those devils-then to hell with them as well!!

Having said that, I'm out!
Last edited by TheReal on January 28th, 2004, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 28th, 2004, 2:50 pm

Panik wrote:#1, I;m 28. I don't know about you, but I don't consider myself a youngster. I have never tried to be black, just so happened that that was who I always got along with when I was young shi- just happened. As for my name, this is my name Panik Lok. I'm not a crip. I', from Westside Family Gangsters. I used to spend a lot of time over off Willits and Raitt and anyone from santa ana will know where that is, also off of Pasadena and McFadden at the Regency West Apartments and the Medallion Courts. I'm a little old to be sitting on the corner with a 40, so if anyone wants to catch me, it'll have to be at the bar or club. And plenty people know who I am. come down here and ask around. As for where I live, I live over by the Main Place mall now on the border of Orange and Santa Ana. Ask around there too, plenty people know about me. Cholos too. If not by name, they know the whiteboy that rolls with the black hood. In county too. And I'm not downing 13, I'm just stating facts. Said it in county, and I've said it to plenty cholos I know. And other than you, for the most part, they'll admit that they don't like blacks or asians. And I haven't spent much time at all with any white power types. I know they liked to think they were gonna get me in county, but were basically just good for yelling race trader from the other dorms, not one ever stepped to me. Not to say they wouldn't, I know I'm probably what they hate most, but so far, no problems. I think that you're just upset becasue deep down, you know it's wrong to be cool with Nazi's, but you do it anyway. You're just getting defensive because you have no excuse for yourself.

how do you know who i'm cool with? did i ever say i was cool with nazi's? i was just using that as an example as to how you are just putting them down so you will be accepted by the black folks cause you know theres no love between them and nazi's. you see i aint going into no keyboard war with you or anyone else but i will let it be known that i have NO RESPECT for any white boys who try to be what they are'nt, whether they try to be black, oriental, mexican or whatever. i cant say i dislike you as a person cause i dont know you but i just aint down with a whiteboy, in your case, trying to bang with brothers. dont go tryin to say im a racist, ha ha, that aint gonna hold water cause i have friends from many different races, if wanna be's were a race then you could say im a racist then and only then... end of story.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » January 28th, 2004, 2:58 pm

stateraised2000 said:

-how do you know who i'm cool with? did i ever say i was cool with nazi's? i was just using that as an example as to how you are just putting them down so you will be accepted by the black folks cause you know theres no love between them and nazi's.

*Well okay, but...do you have love for some nazis? As I said before, I know this one sureno cat, and quite a few others, trying to defend nazis, and say that they're not all that bad, but rather their reputation is just a misunderstanding! Is that how you roll too?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » January 28th, 2004, 3:01 pm

Hey Stateraised, I wasn't paying attention, I thought you were samdoobie again. Anyway, ain't nothin wannabe about me. Now that I'm older, I think I'd rather have never been, but oh well, I'ma ride with it. And like I said, I never tried to act "black". No reason to. I act like me. I just happen to be from somewhere. I got homies of all races too. And I don't have a problem with white power just to show out for nobody, I have problems with them because they got problems with me. For sure, if they see me and they see a blacnk/mexican/asian, I'm their first target. But since I don't hardly ever see any, I don'twaste time thinking about them. And I could give a fu-- if I'm accepted by "black people", or any other people I only worry about the homies I got. I could care less about anyone else. I don't change with the seasons. The me now is the me that always was.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 28th, 2004, 3:23 pm

TheReal wrote:stateraised2000 said:

-how do you know who i'm cool with? did i ever say i was cool with nazi's? i was just using that as an example as to how you are just putting them down so you will be accepted by the black folks cause you know theres no love between them and nazi's.

*Well okay, but...do you have love for some nazis? As I said before, I know this one sureno cat, and quite a few others, trying to defend nazis, and say that they're not all that bad, but rather their reputation is just a misunderstanding! Is that how you roll too?

i'll explain it this way. i have "love" for alot of different people/styles of people. i have my beliefs concerning different things and nothing will change my beliefs on what i feel about certain things. as long as someone dont go pushin their beliefs on me then i'm cool with them. i could care less what so and so feels about so and so, it aint none of my business so dont try and cloud my mind. thats what i would say to ANYONE who starts that lil racist sh_it game. i just worry about mines and thats all.
as far as the nazi's reputation, they have there way of thinking and you have your way of thinking. i aint gonna get off into a big old discussion concerning that topic. i can see that you have your opionions on that and if your like me your mind isnt gonna be changed on things you feel so i'm not gonna even go there.

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » January 29th, 2004, 5:36 pm

samdoobie wrote:FIRST OFF, PANIK, AND THE FAKE OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, YOU FOOLS GOT IT ALL WRONG, AGAIN IM GONNA SAY THIS, HISPANICS ARE NOT ALLIGNED WITH WHITE BOYS, WOODS, SKINS, WHATEVER. THEY HAVE A WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM. ESE'S AND WHITES BOTH SHARE MANY COMMON ENEMIES IN THE JOINT AND IT MAKES SENSE TO DO BIZ WITH EACH OTHER. JUST LIKE THE BGF AND THE NF HAVE A WORKING RELATIONSHIP! THEY SELL DOPE TO EACH OTHER AND SO FORTH. IF YA'LL THINK SURENOS ARE SO RACICST THEN MOVE THE FUCC OUT OF CALIFAS. THIS IS OUR TOWN AND OUR TIME. HISPANICS ARE A GROWING PEOPLE AND THE ALREADY ESTABLISHED GANGS HERE ARE GONNA JUST KEEP GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER. ITS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. JUST LOOK AT COMPTONE, SUR CENTRO, THE HARBOR AREA, ETC.ETC. SURE BLACK GANGS ARE ON THE MAP BUT I DON'T THINK THEY PUT BANGING ON THE MAP. THAT HONOR IS SHARED BY BOTH ESE'S AND BLOODS AND CRIPS. BLACK GANGS HAVING CONTROL OF THE LOS THOUGH, IS A THING OF THE PAST. HISPANIC GANGS ARE GAINING NUMBERS AND DOING THEIR THING TOO. ANY REAL GANGSTER KNOWS THAT. THERE ARE A LOT OF STRONGHOLDS FOR BLACK GANGS BUT RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER THERE ARE 3 TO 4 ESE GANGS CREPPIN. SO YEA, 13 WAS STARTED BY MARAVILLAS AND KNOW IT MEANS SOUTHERN CALIFAS-SURENOS, MEXICAN, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT. JUST NOW THIS, IF YOU SEE A SURENO AND YOU KNOW HE IS RACIST, THEN GET THE FUCC OUT THE CALLES AND STAY YOUR ASS AT HOME.
...THE SHIT THIS DUDE IS SAYING IS REAL SHIT....THEY HAVE THE NUMBERS AND THE WORK NOW.....REMEMBER THOUGH WHEN WE HAD THIS SHIT THEY WERE QUIET AS A CHURCH MOUSE AND WE DIDNT PRESS THEM....NOW THEY GOT THE NUMBERS AND THEIR GOING CRAZY WITH IT...GO TO THE COUNTY AND IF THE POPULATION IS EVEN THEIR STAIGHT, LET IT GET 60/40 OR 70/30 RATIO THEY'LL SMASH FOR KNOW REASON, EXCEPT RACIAL...SO HE'S RIGHT, QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT AND TAKE IT TO THE CALLES(STREETS) WHEN U SEE A RACIST SURENO..WE HAVE ACTION ON THE STREETS, BUT GET IN THAT SYSTEM, THERE GONNA POWER PLAY.....REMEMBER GROWING UP MEXICAN WERE STRAIGHT, PLAYED WITH THERE ASS AND EVEYTHING, NOW THERE FUCKNING GOING NUTS 4 KNOW REASON, FLIPPED THE SCRIPT, FUCKING TWIGHT ZONE..SO TAKE OFF WHEN U GOT THE CHANCE THEY HAVE SOFT CHINS AND FIGHT WITH THERE HEADS DOWN...UPPER CUTS WORK!LOL!

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » January 29th, 2004, 8:41 pm

mangler you are a funny ass dude.."upper cuts work cause they fight with they heads down"..lol...well here's a pointer for getting one up on a brother..if you are ever near water, just push him in..lol...cause they cant swim..am I lying? I think not!!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 29th, 2004, 11:50 pm

People People, let us not get careless. We are all the human race. First off, all races are loved exactly the same by the creator though human politics at any give time may favor one or the other.

Next, it's fine to love who you are and where you come from as long as you remember that God will judge us all for good and bad in the next life.

Finally, as for water, I know something about it being ex Navy. Yes the Black people sank to the bottom of the pool and we whites and Raza tread water, however, 95% of the Blacks learned to tread water as well and passed those tests! I always admired them for being able to walk around on the bottom of the olympic sized pool cool headed waiting for the Seal instructors to hand them a pole to climb out. That takes some balls homies. You had to be there to see it. Peace.

Slim
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Slim » January 30th, 2004, 11:21 am

Samdoobie, the reason brothers sink is because our nuts are too heavy (your madre and hermana could have told you that). Don't get it twisted homie, I am only dissin because you are being VERY disrespectful. Why do you answer questions like (What does 13 mean)? If someone doesn't know, then they do not need to know. You are helping these wannabees out.

And for the record, to educate folks, there are many black members on several of LA's largest SA clicks (18st, 38st, CXC, V13, SXL, F13 (64 locos), I13, MCS, DEHPS, and on and on. This racial stuff is bullshyt.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » January 30th, 2004, 12:17 pm

slim quik dick riddin and mind your own buisness. I thought what mangler said was funny. I wasn't dissin him, only joking back at him. I think what he said is partially true. So like I said, mind your own buisness.

Slim
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Slim » January 30th, 2004, 12:31 pm

Okay little boy. Hostility on the Internet. You can contact me on Dmolish@yahoo.com if you have a problem. Since this is your "business" then you should be teaching these wannabees that bangin is over. It is all about the hustle. Get that money.

I thought what both of you said was funny, but you have to be careful. There are very impressionable kids on the internet. Have a good day.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 3rd, 2004, 8:08 pm

Lets see, what does 13 mean? Well my friends a long time ago before the Norte 14 versus Sur 13 feud began, the 13 stood for the letter M which is the 13th letter in the Anglo Alphabet, The M stood for Marijuana, which in turn stood for Locos/Crazys, that is the reason why you find 13 or locos in just about any Barrio or Mexican Gang out there. Up in the North, they also had the 14 but it also stood for the same letter M and the same meaning Locos/crazys, the difference was that in the Mexican Alphabet, the 14th letter = M, due to the Mexican Alphabet having an additional 3 letters in it. For those whom are familiar with it - you understand, those that don't - look it up in the library. Then the Prison Gangs with their beef, revolutionized the whole shit, and now you have 13 for Southern California gangs and affiliates, and 14 for Northern California gangs and affiliates. But before they (13 & 14) stood for the same thing/letter "M" which was not affiliated with the Mexican Maffia, as MM was not 'til later.
So there you have it, the truth and nothing but the truth. 13=M=LOCOS.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » June 4th, 2004, 3:21 am

I heard somewhere that the 13 meant the 13th letter of the alphabet, M, which stood for MEXICAN, maybe im wrong, but it could be.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 6th, 2004, 8:25 pm

It's very simple and plain, 13 is for the 13th letter of the alphabet, which is the letter M, but it does'nt stand for neither Mexican, Maravilla, nor Mexican Maffia, it stands originally for Marijuana. It denotes the meanning of being Crazy, Loco in spanish. That is why as far back as you want to go in the annals of the Barrio history, when you find the 13 it is associated with Locos, for instance SM13 Santa Monica Locos, SP13 San Pedro Locos, IMP13 Imperial Locos, and on it goes. Before all these different meanings where given to the 13 like Sur, MM, MV, MEX, it was simply 13 Marijuana Locos and that was all.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 7th, 2004, 9:32 am

lonewolf wrote:Lets see, what does 13 mean? Well my friends a long time ago before the Norte 14 versus Sur 13 feud began, the 13 stood for the letter M which is the 13th letter in the Anglo Alphabet, The M stood for Marijuana, which in turn stood for Locos/Crazys, that is the reason why you find 13 or locos in just about any Barrio or Mexican Gang out there. Up in the North, they also had the 14 but it also stood for the same letter M and the same meaning Locos/crazys, the difference was that in the Mexican Alphabet, the 14th letter = M, due to the Mexican Alphabet having an additional 3 letters in it. For those whom are familiar with it - you understand, those that don't - look it up in the library. Then the Prison Gangs with their beef, revolutionized the whole stuff, and now you have 13 for Southern California gangs and affiliates, and 14 for Northern California gangs and affiliates. But before they (13 & 14) stood for the same thing/letter "M" which was not affiliated with the Mexican Maffia, as MM was not 'til later.
finally somebody posted this up!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 7th, 2004, 12:40 pm

lonewolf wrote:Lets see, what does 13 mean? Well my friends a long time ago before the Norte 14 versus Sur 13 feud began, the 13 stood for the letter M which is the 13th letter in the Anglo Alphabet, The M stood for Marijuana, which in turn stood for Locos/Crazys, that is the reason why you find 13 or locos in just about any Barrio or Mexican Gang out there. Up in the North, they also had the 14 but it also stood for the same letter M and the same meaning Locos/crazys, the difference was that in the Mexican Alphabet, the 14th letter = M, due to the Mexican Alphabet having an additional 3 letters in it. For those whom are familiar with it - you understand, those that don't - look it up in the library. Then the Prison Gangs with their beef, revolutionized the whole stuff, and now you have 13 for Southern California gangs and affiliates, and 14 for Northern California gangs and affiliates. But before they (13 & 14) stood for the same thing/letter "M" which was not affiliated with the Mexican Maffia, as MM was not 'til later.
Lonewolf, "M" in the Spanish alphabet would be the 15th letter. In the English alphabet it would be the 13th letter, but in the Spanish alpha, there is a "ch" and an "ll" that get counted as letter making "M" the 15th. The three additional letters you are referring to include the 2 that I mentioned and the "ñ". And it is the Spanish alphabet unless there is something different in a Mexican alphabet that I am not aware of. I am confused about your explanation of the N and 14.

And does the M have anything to do with the Maravillas?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 7th, 2004, 2:29 pm

Alonso, you're wrong as to the Mexican alphabet having a "ch", check this.
1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D, 5-E, 6-F, 7-G, 8-H, 9-I, 10-J, 11-K, 12-L, 13-LL, 14-M, 15-N, 16-eNye, 17-N, 18-O, 19-P, 20-Q, 21-R, 22-RR, 23-S, 24-T, 25-U, 26-V, 27-W, 28-X, 29-Y, 30-Z., There's 3 additional letters in the Mexican alphabet, they are the double L "LL", the eNye, as you pointed out yourself, and the double R "RR", that makes the "M" the 14th letter in the Mexican alphabet as opposed to the 13th letter in the Anglo alphabet, for real holmes, I went to school in Mexico for a while, and they don't skip you in grades and move you up the next year unless you really pass, not only that but I got more than a few years in my life, and if any of the real veteranos out there, that are not affected by this 13 vs 14 war, and the feud between MM vs NF, can tell you that even in Mexico this was a fact of life in the streets, that 13 stood for Marijuanos or Locos, in other words. That's a FACT. I grew up in both sides of the border, along with my huge family, so from that perspective and experience, is what I speak of.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 8th, 2004, 12:57 am

lonewolf wrote:Alonso, you're wrong as to the Mexican alphabet having a "ch", check this.
1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D, 5-E, 6-F, 7-G, 8-H, 9-I, 10-J, 11-K, 12-L, 13-LL, 14-M, 15-N, 16-eNye, 17-N, 18-O, 19-P, 20-Q, 21-R, 22-RR, 23-S, 24-T, 25-U, 26-V, 27-W, 28-X, 29-Y, 30-Z., There's 3 additional letters in the Mexican alphabet, they are the double L "LL", the eNye, as you pointed out yourself, and the double R "RR", that makes the "M" the 14th letter in the Mexican alphabet as opposed to the 13th letter in the Anglo alphabet, for real holmes, I went to school in Mexico for a while, and they don't skip you in grades and move you up the next year unless you really pass, not only that but I got more than a few years in my life, and if any of the real veteranos out there, that are not affected by this 13 vs 14 war, and the feud between MM vs NF, can tell you that even in Mexico this was a fact of life in the streets, that 13 stood for Marijuanos or Locos, in other words. That's a FACT. I grew up in both sides of the border, along with my huge family, so from that perspective and experience, is what I speak of.

I thought there were four more letters in the Spanish alphabet than in the English... 1. ch, 2. ll, 3. ñ, 4. rr to make 30 letters, but I guess the Mexican alphabet does not have a "ch", right?

If there are 3 additional letters in the Mexican alphabet then it should have 29 letters, right. Your list above show 30 letters. The Spanish alphabet below is the one that I was taught. But I guess you are correct if the Mexican alphabet does not use the "ch" but I never new that the Mexican alphabet was different from other Spanish speaking cultures.

1)a 2)b 3)c 4)ch 5)d 6)e 7)f 8)g 9)h 10)i 11)j 12)k 13)l 14)ll 15)m 16)n 17)ñ 18)o 19)p 20)q 21)r 22)rr 23)s 24)t 25)u 26)v 27)w 28)x 29)x 30)y 31)z

Also have you or anyone else heard of the "M" representing the old Maravilla gangs. I had heard this before a few times.

Lonewolf noticed that I forgot the "W" in the alphabet so actually there are 31 letters in the Spanish alphabet.
Last edited by admin on June 8th, 2004, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 8th, 2004, 11:36 am

Well Lonewolf, I agree with you on the "M" standing for Marijuana and Loco...13...Trece...that's how I remember it before the sur/norte war. My hood, we used the 13 for loco, marijuana, and 13 original members that started it. We stopped using it for personal reasons, but the older homies still refer to it.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » June 8th, 2004, 11:52 am

13 initially meant mexican and all southern cal gangs used this to show alliance to being mexican until the Norte/south war popped off nad the north justs likes to do the opposite of the south like adopting 14 for N, wearing pony tails, wearing red, saying ENE oppose to ese. 13 never stood for anything else

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 8th, 2004, 12:01 pm

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:13 initially meant mexican and all southern cal gangs used this to show alliance to being mexican until the Norte/south war popped off nad the north justs likes to do the opposite of the south like adopting 14 for N, wearing pony tails, wearing red, saying ENE oppose to ese. 13 never stood for anything else
How old are you dog? Anybody that's like 25 and under will say just what you say.

Anyone older than 30 and active from their low-mid teens will remember what Lonewolf spit out...and I'm talking about chit from the LOS...you a National City boy...that's San Diego holmes...LOL.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » June 8th, 2004, 12:19 pm

LOS?? Yeah homie aren't you chinese or something you ain't even Mexican, so don't talk about a situation you know nothing about. People like you get the topic off balance you put 13 after your filipino gang for loco where the hell did that come from? Makes no sense ESE I thought you fellas were bloods and crips now your locos?? LOL So your the wannbe ese type, huh. Young sweet asian boys like you get there butt taken in The youth authority. I'm from san diego you better ask somebody who BAtman from Del Sol is he's one of the big doggs from SD who gives order for the big homies. Just because a couple ese hung out w/ you b4 you think we would consider you cool, I bet you if me and you chunked em I bet your homeboys who are mexican would jump in for me. Like homeboy from arteisa Bandit is state raised ESE I been in and out of the system since 9. That's old town National City so obviously you never been in the system becaus eyou would of ran into one of my big homies.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 8th, 2004, 2:32 pm

Alonso, in "your" list of the mejico alfabeto, you forgot the "W" doble u., But you know holmes, I ain't trying to deceive you or anything. As to the M meaning Maravilla, well there's 3 generations of "Gangstros" in my family, my oldest cousin died in '67 in Nam, my oldest uncle is from El Hoyo Maravilla, and my 2nd oldest uncle if from Florencia 13, we're in to our 4th generation with my nephews and lil' cousins. We got familia in a lot of Southern & Northern Barrios, and unlike a lot of people that can't hang with some other family member because they're from enemy gangs, well not us, we love all our BIG FAMILIA, and we get together a lot, for Quinceaneras, New Years, Xmas, Dia de las Madres, our older folks Birthdays to name a few. This subject regarding the 13 has come up more than a few times, especially with the youngsters, and my older uncles are the last word on this, 13 = M = Marijuanos = Locos, The same with the 14,
but up North, out in the fields and small towns, the people were traditionally more in touch with the rest of their families back in Mexico, that's why they used the Mejico alphabet and the 14th letter is M. This all has completely been turned around in the last decades, but like Dusty Loco said it, if you're under 25, then you probably ain't ever heard of this, and it sounds like heresy to say it nowadays. As I stated before, I grew up on both sides of the border, I'm currently in the San Diego area, but my Barrio is up in N.E.L.A., As far back as I can remember, in Baja, Tijuana and Mexicali, because of their proximity to Cali in culture have also always used the 13 for Locos, the same for Juarez at the Border with El Paso Tejas, where we have a lot more familia it was the same thing.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 8th, 2004, 2:56 pm

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:LOS?? Yeah homie aren't you chinese or something you ain't even Mexican, so don't talk about a situation you know nothing about. People like you get the topic off balance you put 13 after your filipino gang for loco where the hell did that come from? Makes no sense ESE I thought you fellas were bloods and crips now your locos?? LOL So your the wannbe ese type, huh. Young sweet asian boys like you get there butt taken in The youth authority. I'm from san diego you better ask somebody who BAtman from Del Sol is he's one of the big doggs from SD who gives order for the big homies. Just because a couple ese hung out w/ you b4 you think we would consider you cool, I bet you if me and you chunked em I bet your homeboys who are mexican would jump in for me. Like homeboy from arteisa Bandit is state raised ESE I been in and out of the system since 9. That's old town National City so obviously you never been in the system becaus eyou would of ran into one of my big homies.
I can speak on it, I live here and been through it fool. Ain't no bloods or crips in real Pinoy gangs. And it takes a real out of town, off brand buster like you to mouth off about the LOS that you don't know nada about. I could give a damn what you think about me homie...LOL.

And if you wanted to throw down with a cat like me, my Mexican homies would be ashamed at how fast your punk ass would get put down. Keep your biz in the 619 dog, cause you ain't up on the 213 and how we get down up here. Old Town is a nice city dog, everybody walks through there. Nah, I ain't been through the system...I was too busy living life on the streets instead of being a booty bandit like you in the Y.A.

It's all good tough guy, I heard of your hood before...in Teen Angels...LOL.

You can think what you want to about this 13 topic, it just shows you how smart and how young you are...LOL...

Peace, don't get carpotunnel trying to out-type me dog....LOL...

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 8th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Crazy BIG DUSTY LOCO orale ese, I'm surrounded by Pinoys and Somalis at work, they got some pretty crazy ass war stories too homie. It reminds me of the stories our elders tell us abouth our Great Abuelitos when they fought in the Mexican Revolution, serving under Pancho Villa aka:Doroteo Arango, El Centauro Del Norte, The Centaur Of The North.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 8th, 2004, 4:31 pm

Alonso my man, I'll leave you with your own thinking. It's like they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Another fact that I would let you in on, IS that the Mejicanos and the rest of Hispanics / Latins / South Americans / Caribes / Central Americans / Spaniards and all of the ones you can think of bundling up in the same categoty or group, have a million differences in culture and language. Hell, on my couple of visits to Guatemala, and El Salvador, these Chapines and Guanacos (CEROTES, as the mexicans call them), well had had me all confused with their language and terminology. For example, they call money PISTO, while in Mexico and the US pisto is alcohol/liquor/booze., They used the word CHUCHO for our Mexican Tamales, wich to us it means dog., This is just to show you that there's all kinds of differences, especially in language, as to the alphabet, well I have yet to see in my almost half century a Mexican alphabet with a letter of "CH", I don't have the slightest idea as to where you get this from. Do me a favor re-check the alphabet that I put down, and then re-check the one you put down. I believe that you'll find more than one mistake on yours, but I'll leave you to figure it out for yourself, because I have tried to enlighten you on it.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » June 8th, 2004, 4:34 pm

This is the last post i'm going to send to you wannabe mexican. You should be proud of being a pinoy instead of perpetraiting to be brown ESE, I know It's a cool life style but it ain't easy leva.. What I posted about 13 was the basis because all non-thirteeners can't understand the specifics I try to make simple for them. Because if your a sureno you already know what it stands for. I gave you more credit when I use to read your old post then what you deserve, but I knew you were a chump when you were from a pinoy gang.
"Nah, I ain't been through the system...I was too busy living life on the streets"
That alone explains why you are the way you are because you would've got checked in the system.
I ain't up on Los, please homeboy I was born In N/S LB and I have all my family from the harbor area plus I've benn locked up w/ those from all over LA. That's why you try discredit SD because you never been locked up thinking LA is the only place of gang banging and murder, There's also OC, IE, and Ventura county check the crime rate puto. Stop being a weenie and mind your own business and trying to put you 2 cents in every post because you just officially discredit yourself..

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 8th, 2004, 5:20 pm

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:This is the last post i'm going to send to you wannabe mexican. You should be proud of being a pinoy instead of perpetraiting to be brown ESE, I know It's a cool life style but it ain't easy leva.. What I posted about 13 was the basis because all non-thirteeners can't understand the specifics I try to make simple for them. Because if your a sureno you already know what it stands for. I gave you more credit when I use to read your old post then what you deserve, but I knew you were a chump when you were from a pinoy gang.
"Nah, I ain't been through the system...I was too busy living life on the streets"
That alone explains why you are the way you are because you would've got checked in the system.
I ain't up on Los, please homeboy I was born In N/S LB and I have all my family from the harbor area plus I've benn locked up w/ those from all over LA. That's why you try discredit SD because you never been locked up thinking LA is the only place of gang banging and murder, There's also OC, IE, and Ventura county check the crime rate puto. Stop being a weenie and mind your own business and trying to put you 2 cents in every post because you just officially discredit yourself..
Yeah, well I was gonna straight clown your ass for this response, but since your the big bad super Sureno Prison vato...I guess I'll shut up.

Wannabe Mexican...LOL. You know nothing about people in general remember, you've been locked up since you were 9...LOL. And you started a thread about Maravilla and why they were greenlighted. Why you asking that if your a sureno? Don't you know the deal homie? I thought you were locked up with all kinds of vatos from the LOS? LOL...

My bad homie, I didn't know you were born in Northside Long Beach (the bad part of LB by Signal Hill right?). I don't know why you ran to National City either. None of my business.

I would have gotten checked in the system? Is that what you have to resort to to get your point across? Man, just say "DAMN DUSTY PHUCK YOU I KNOW YOU SPOKE SOME TRUTH DAMN WHY YOU GOTTA PUT ME ON BLAST LIKE THAT"...man up fool...the original topic was the number 13 and what it used to mean before sur v norte, and what it means now. You tell us what it means to all you SD gangs down there before the war? The number 13 had a different meaning before the 60's. Unless you wanna say something like OTNC came out before WF in East Los or something...prove it. Other than that, your just rolling with the program.

Dog, you don't have to like me cause of my race, because I ain't a sureno...that's cool. But if you want to argue something on here, man up and do it right. Calling me names over the net ain't exactly hurting my feelings or my credibility. I'm credible to all the busters I knocked out on the street, but that's about it. I aint' nobody special to be trippin on.

peace...
Last edited by BIG DUSTY LOCO on June 8th, 2004, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » June 8th, 2004, 5:27 pm

lonewolf wrote:Crazy BIG DUSTY LOCO orale ese, I'm surrounded by Pinoys and Somalis at work, they got some pretty crazy ass war stories too homie. It reminds me of the stories our elders tell us abouth our Great Abuelitos when they fought in the Mexican Revolution, serving under Pancho Villa aka:Doroteo Arango, El Centauro Del Norte, The Centaur Of The North.
Hey homie, there is a lot of history here in the LOS with pinoys and chicanos living side by side. Some good, some bad...but there are common traits and customs, even language. I could go on and on homie, but if I did...there would be some youngster on here calling me a wannabe mexican...LOL, hurt my feelings and stuff...LOL. I respect all men, I learn from all...but I'm still Pinoy, whatever that might mean to someone else of another race...I don't know you know.

Yeah, a lot of our elders stories are about fighting the Japanese in WWII, the sacrifices made to come to the US. Many Pinoys settled within predominantly Chicano/Mexicano neighborhoods. Ask the TST/STS. I see you mentioned my hood in one of your other posts...and your from the NELAS...peace...

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 8th, 2004, 5:47 pm

Alright, Big Dusty Loco and StikUpKid Big Bandit, let's chill out homies. This is supposed to be a "FORUM", and the subject was WHAT DOES 13 MEAN?. Now, I have put on the table the OriGinal meaning as I have known it in my familia origins, now Alonso has been debating me on this issue in regards to the 14th letter in the Mexican alphabet being the "M" or not. Alonso put up his version of the spanish alphabet, and I put up the Mexican alphabet that I've learned in school. Below is a list of both of them. You can review for yourselves, and I'll appreciate your comments. Alonso's "SPANISH ALPHABET".
1-A, 2-B, 3-C, "4-CH", 5-D, 6-E, 7-F, 8-G, 9-H, 10-I, 11-J, 12-K, 13-L, "14-LL", "15-M", 16-N, "17-ñ", 18-O, 19-P, 20-Q, 21-R, "22-RR", 23-S, 24-T, 25-U, 26-V, 27-W, "28-X", "29-X", 30-Y, 31-Z., 31 LETTER'S HUH ALONSO. Lonewolf's "MEJICO ALPHABET".
1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D, 5-E, 6-F, 7-G, 8-H, 9-I, 10-J, 11-K, 12-L 13-LL, "14-M", 15-N, 16-ñ, 17-O, 18-P, 19-Q, 20-R, 21-RR, 22-S, 23-T, 24-U, 25-V, 26-W, 27-X, 28-Y, 29-Z., 29 LETTERS AS I ORIGINALLY STATED THAT THE MEXICAN ALPHABET HAD 3 MORE LETTERS THAN THE ANGLO ALPHABET, NOT 30, NOR 31, BUT "ONLY 29"., So I'll wait for a reply Alonso.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 8th, 2004, 6:03 pm

Just a correction on my f--k up, I got trown off on my first list by putting the letter N twice, and Alonso also got sidetracked by putting the letter X twice on his list. But I stand firm with my OriGinal 29 letters, and the 14th letter of the Mexican alphabet being the "M".

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”