Gangbangers in college?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Gangbangers in college?

Unread post by R-Tistic » January 15th, 2004, 9:23 am

How do u feel about people who are bangin in college, whether it's in L.A., or out of state? Do you think they are too old to actually bang at their college?

I kno that I am at Florida A&M, but I have many homeboys that go to Morehouse and Clark, and I heard it's some bangers that are there from L.A. I donno how real they are, but to me, it's kinda weak that they are in a completely different region, but still tryin to bang amongst people who have no idea about it, don't care about it, and are in college which says enough as it is. Even worst, my homegirl from Howard said that it's a whole lotta east coast bloods that go there, and I was like why????? She said they are hard jus as the ones in L.A., but not only does the east coast part get 2 me, but the fact they are bangin in college just seems pointless to me. Shouldn't college mean that u are on another level from the petty nonsense that goes on in the streets anyway?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Gangbangers in college?

Unread post by wcrockets » January 15th, 2004, 12:53 pm

My personal feeling is if they in college they should keep their mind on trying to learn something and experiencing new things that don't exist in their hood.

Taking all those old grudges, hate, and attitude into a place of higher learning is stupid. Fools be getting kicked out, not graduating, or squeaking by not learning nothing.

Then they wonder afterwards why they can't keep a good job, or get promoted, etc.. and start slanging around the racial card. All because they never actually left the ghetto, their mind is still in a ghetto and they had the chance to leave but screwed it up. That's what really holds them Cats back.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 15th, 2004, 3:41 pm

If they really want to keep a "gang mentalitY" they need to join a fraternity. lol...fraternities are just college gangs.

you got your colors, hand signs, rivalries, names, nick names, iou get initiated, and you gotta put in your work. ha! only difference is...people in REAL gang get busted for hangin ouT together.

but anyway, its stupid to "bang in college." What are you really trying to accomplish by doing that? Get your proffesor to recognize your hood so he can give you a better grade?

Not to mention...all the girls think its stupid. So if you are in college or at a college party and plan on getting laid...i highly reccomend leaving the rags and all gang stuff at home.

Its stupid though. At one of our parties, some kid was UP ROCKING (NOT C-walking although i guess it looked like it from far away) and these cats claimin "Altadena Crips" told him "you cant do that dance man." fuckin party foul. girls started leaving....

Trying to bang your hood in college is a good way to cock block.

style
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by style » January 15th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Ain't noone bangin at Pepperdine. I cant even find any good parties over here.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 17th, 2004, 9:34 pm

...Lambda Chi Alpha...

I WELCOME ALL OF STREET GANGS.COM TO OUR PARTY AT CLUB SEVILLA ON JANUARY 21st.....its in Riverside. For info e mail me at

BullsFan96@hotmail.com

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » January 17th, 2004, 10:19 pm

my homeboy goes to cal state riverside and he sad its alot of the 1200 blocc crips or somthin like the out there

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 18th, 2004, 1:45 am

I knew someone from PDL that transfered from Pasadena City College to USC. One night he was sitting in his car at USC off campus housing during the beginning of the 1997 Spring semester (February i think). He was two blocks off campus on the north side (were most students live) and he was shot and killed while he sat in his parked car.

USC tried to down play the murder because it was off campus, but sometimes you can't leave your past, even when you are attending a prestigious college like USC. They also found a gun in his car, but he never had a chance to use it.

He did not bang at USC, but he was from PDL for sure.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 18th, 2004, 2:38 am

Yes but Alonso, if you walk out the gates of USC you are pretty much in gangland. Real Note: USC IS a prestigious university with MAD respect (USC has very rich donors including those Annanbergs) pretty much worldwide. And it's been that way for a long time.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 18th, 2004, 7:29 am

bkstomp3 wrote:my homeboy goes to cal state riverside and he sad its alot of the 1200 blocc crips or somthin like the out there
There is no Cal State Riverside...only UC Riverside. And as far as I know...there are no 1200 Blocc Crips that go here that I know of. Theres some guys here that claim rtc, and altadena crip, etc...but my best guess is that there brothers or cousins are the ones the actually banged and they take the credit for it. In college you can say all kinds of schit because no one is going to check up on your or anything. You always see these dumb college kids crip walking, sayin "cuzz" or "blood." We dont allow crip walking at our fraternity parties...because this dude got his ass beat for it...and he filed a claim against us. Can you believe that shit. Anyway thats besides the point.

Bottom Line: College is an institution of higher learning...so leave the bangin on the streets.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 18th, 2004, 2:26 pm

wcrockets wrote:Yes but Alonso, if you walk out the gates of USC you are pretty much in gangland. Real Note: USC IS a prestigious university with MAD respect (USC has very rich donors including those Annanbergs) pretty much worldwide. And it's been that way for a long time.
On the west side of campus are the Fruit Town Brims, on the south side is the oliseum and Sports Arena, on the east side of the campus it is industrial and on the northside is student housing. His shooting was personal because witnesses say that a car pulled up to his and spoke to him for about 2 minutes when the passenger from the other car shot him. No one was ever arrested, but I dont think that he was a victim of the USC community.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 18th, 2004, 4:01 pm

alonso wrote:On the west side of campus are the FruiTt own Brims.
i guess its good that USCs primary color is burgundy.

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » January 18th, 2004, 4:52 pm

I claim Poland. And Polish gangsterism. I don't kill people, or hurt them unless I get hurt/verbally abused first. Alot of people tried to bully me and put me down through High School because I was Polish and different, in College it's different. I still stay quiet mostly and too myself but if someone crosses the linke I will beat their ass if it comes to that.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » January 18th, 2004, 6:22 pm

okay

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 27th, 2004, 10:40 am

Lol.. tick tick tick...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 11th, 2004, 3:38 am

Out of all the colleges I have visited in Los Angeles, more people get their bang on at South West College on Imperial.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » July 11th, 2004, 1:51 pm

My college (el camino community college) you can find a lot of bangers. Kind of sad, because half of them don't even attend class they just be up there because some of they homies might go to class there. The bathroom covered with strikes and what not. Just like high school.

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » July 11th, 2004, 3:29 pm

R-Tistic wrote:How do u feel about people who are bangin in college, whether it's in L.A., or out of state? Do you think they are too old to actually bang at their college?

I kno that I am at Florida A&M, but I have many homeboys that go to Morehouse and Clark, and I heard it's some bangers that are there from L.A. I donno how real they are, but to me, it's kinda weak that they are in a completely different region, but still tryin to bang amongst people who have no idea about it, don't care about it, and are in college which says enough as it is. Even worst, my homegirl from Howard said that it's a whole lotta east coast bloods that go there, and I was like why????? She said they are hard jus as the ones in L.A., but not only does the east coast part get 2 me, but the fact they are bangin in college just seems pointless to me. Shouldn't college mean that u are on another level from the petty nonsense that goes on in the streets anyway?

Its funny kause alot of these niggaz that goto clarke atlanta from Kali luvs to act hard and stuff. I am like nigga yous in kollege how the hell you gonna be walkin round kampus like yous a real OG. This dude from kali that klaims hes from 74 Hoovas started yellin all that G stuff to me ova the phone. Kause he kant kontroll his hoe. She was kallin me infront of the nigga and running up to me out in public when she with the nigga. He aint never have shit to say in public but ova the phone buddy was hard as hell. Yellin fuck you s*** and all that type of stuff. This 74 hoova. But my point is how do you have time to gangbang and do your school work make good grades to attend klarke? Shit gangbangin got me kicked out of school. Principal said I was a threat to the kids lives at school. But who knows nigga might be hoova. If he was they need to drop buddy from the set.....IFGB Soo Woo

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » July 19th, 2004, 10:06 am

I went to college, and met like 10 Bloods in total.

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » July 19th, 2004, 3:18 pm

I GO TO COLLEGE EVEN THO I AM OUT OF STATE NOW SOME PEOPLE BRING THAT GANGSTER MENTALITY TO SCHOOL WITH THEM. I DONT SEE WHY BUT I GUESS I CAN DO THAT MYSELF SOMETIMES TOO.. I HAVE YET TO GET VIOLENT WITH ANYONE BUT I HAVE HAD A FEW VERBAL DISAGREEMENTS.I THINK IF U GOING TO SCHOOL LEAVE ALL THAT SHIT ON THE STREET. ITS EASY TO ACT HARD INFRONT OF SQUARES AND PEOPLE THAT NEVER BEEN AROUND GANGS.

batty

Unread post by batty » July 19th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Yeah there quite a few when I went to college in Louisiana. We had people claiming everything. At Grambling, in the northern part of the state, there were some bloods in school from L.A. that put in some work at a party. We went up there for a Homecoming football game and got greeted by "this is Shotgun where you from". All of the Freshman that I met my first semester from L.A. were claiming something be it a clique or a set. It was interesting, some actually put in work out there. Most dropped out or got locked up down there.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”