Set Hopping

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Set Hopping

Unread post by youngwun » October 20th, 2006, 12:50 pm

How common is this shit? Been reading a few books lately and while I aint ever met no one that went from one gang to another, seems like this shit goes down. I was always under the impression that you banged the hood from the day you put on till you sign out, no changing up. Niggas in my hood and just about all the ones I been to frown on that... like you gonna be shot dead before that'll happen.

In Uprising, they have a dude that started 43GC, then he started the R40's and then went to the R30's as an OG. This is baffling to me!

That nigga Colton from 30's book talks about a homie from BPS switching to 30's too. Brazy!

jungles
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jungles » October 20th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Yea I knew that fool, we called him fat poppa. He was a rider but his parents moved and he claimed rip.

jungles
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jungles » October 20th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Every hood has somebody who was from another hood. The jays alone has a damu from about every hood in L.A

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » October 20th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Growin up....Especially on the West Side I can name a gang of niggaz some straight Riders that was from another hood at one point or the other....

Yeah I know its strange but I really didn't think much of it of lil niggaz but I know niggaz thats flippen to other hoods in they mid to late 20's early 30's...Now thats real Crazzy...

I got a gang of homies that done flipped...When I see them to this day they try and give me dapp...I just laugh and keep it pushin..."nah nigga...lol you cant get no dapp...."

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » October 24th, 2006, 1:18 am

Just from personal experience, its a number of reasons cats flip flop.

One of the main reasons i know of is moving, to a new neighborhood.

Unless you want to stay in side, you might not have much of an option.

You also have the rare moments, when the hood you move in jump you off you set, and you have no choice.

Another reason, is the internal beefs, that most cats experience with their own homies. And disrespect from cats in your set, where you felt they have in someway crossed you.

Or, being from one set, and having family from another set, and you just choose to role with family.

but moving to another hood, is one of the biggest reasons ive witnessed with my own eyes.

I mean remember, a kid aint got a choice on where his mom and pops move to. You at home with nothing but blue or red in your closet, and mom and pops move to an enemy hood.

Most likely if you young, they might give you the option to join and transform, or get your a$$ whipped everyday running home.

I knew a cat from Grape, and the Grapes screwed him out of a lil robbery. And he got into it a few of them over it. So he went and got his brother from 88AGC. And now thats what he bangs to the fullest.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » October 24th, 2006, 7:37 pm

One of the main reasons i know of is moving, to a new neighborhood.
Yeah, its harder when you younger cuz you gotta be on foot. Its easier to live in enemy hood when you older cuz you can be more shady and come and go more on the DL. I once lived in enemy hood for a cool minute before they fount out I lived over there...

I know this is one of the most cases but I honestly dont know many who have done this...

You also have the rare moments, when the hood you move in jump you off you set, and you have no choice.
I've heard of this happening once....I just dont understand how you can be jumped off a hood by some niggaz that aint even from your hood. I always thought that niggaz this happen to aint nothin but punks...

Another reason, is the internal beefs, that most cats experience with their own homies. And disrespect from cats in your set, where you felt they have in someway crossed you.
Now to me this is the #1 reason I have witnessed. Niggaz is shady.... I be doing certian niggaz wrong... I know of a lot of dudes who flip cuz they be like..."the homies didn't look out for me when I was locked up" I always thought this was BS though excuse....
Or, being from one set, and having family from another set, and you just choose to role with family.
Another big one I have noticed...

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » October 24th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Young Nile wrote:
I've heard of this happening once....I just dont understand how you can be jumped off a hood by some niggaz that aint even from your hood. I always thought that niggaz this happen to aint nothin but punks...
I don't even understand this. You mean another hood jump you off of your own hood? Is this even possible? I been jumped before it dont make you from the other hood.

The only way that is halfway reasonable is when a kid moves from one area to another. Like Nile said they can't get around, probably to young to make any noise and hadn't been on they hood long anyways. A grown ass man changing hoods for any reason is a straight mark in my eyes. Somebody with no loyalty that can't be trusted.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » October 24th, 2006, 11:19 pm

rocstar wrote:
Young Nile wrote:
I don't even understand this. You mean another hood jump you off of your own hood? Is this even possible? I been jumped before it dont make you from the other hood.

The only way that is halfway reasonable is when a kid moves from one area to another. Like Nile said they can't get around, probably to young to make any noise and hadn't been on they hood long anyways. A grown ass man changing hoods for any reason is a straight mark in my eyes. Somebody with no loyalty that can't be trusted.
it seems crazy, but for a 12 to 14 year old kid? Loyalty aint that high on the priority list. being like, being a part of something is.

Now, this aint go happen to a G. but to some young afraid kid who bang Crip only because thats where all his friends were from.

You move from South Central, to Inglewood full of Bloods, or move to the Jungles, and they give you an option, as a kid id take the option that allows me to live and get to school safely.

You know when you a kid, or move to a new school, its easy to get new friends or start running with a new crew. When i moved, to a new area, my old friends i barely saw, so it was easy to start having new friends, which can equal to a new gang.

Remember these are kids. These aint leaders, they followers.

Only way I ever heard of a G changing, is if his homies did something drastic against him.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » October 26th, 2006, 3:51 am

its pretty common, usually what happens instead of a complete reverse and total flip on your hood like claiming Crip and now your a Blood is a dude will be down with his hood and claim it but become real close to dudes from another set and kick it with and do dirt with them and still maintain his original gang identity. alot of times he ends up becoming a member of that new gang and not claim is old gang anymore. quiet like.

it happens in mexican gangs too. sometimes their from a varrio but kick it with a different varrio more and do more shit on their behalf then the varrio he's from.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » October 27th, 2006, 10:50 am

I kind of knew this shit was common, but never as well accepted as I would have thought.

Only dude I knew that did that shit aint with us anymore.

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » October 27th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Yeah I seem to hear about this stuff alot which boggled my mind at first, I even remember reading about Inglewood bloods jumping from set to set like it was all good. I also remember reading that uprising book with that guy talking about I was from hear, but then bang this, but than decided to start this, I was like "what the hell"? And like some of yall said I can see if it was a young kid who move or something, but deciding to jump sets cause some dudes from your hood didnt treat you right, sound suspect than a mother. I believe B-Braze said something to the extent of this, "If the hood dont like me, still bang the set."

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 27th, 2006, 2:09 pm

I ain't never heard of a nigga that switched hoods on the hood, that's disrespectful and you deserve to be shot.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » October 27th, 2006, 7:26 pm

youngwun wrote:I kind of knew this shit was common, but never as well accepted as I would have thought.

Only dude I knew that did that shit aint with us anymore.
you'd have to take in consideration the cats, who werent deep into the hood, but was a member, and later left. meaning, if they left it wouldnt register on the radar as much of a big deal.

Also, the guys who moved out of state and hasnt been to the hood for years, aint no tellin whats up with them.

Alot of times I think its those young cats, that most of the G's probably aint too much familiar with.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » October 27th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Ive heard of cats getting put on 2 sets.

Claimed, t2 seperate gangs.

A dude on our blocc claimed 118th EC and South Los. Young cat about 17.

Also a cat from Athens park, was also put on Barrios 13, and dudes from Athens was like dude you gots to choose. Not sure how that turned out.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 14th, 2006, 5:25 am

jungles wrote:Yea I knew that fool, we called him fat poppa. He was a rider but his parents moved and he claimed rip.
his parents must e proud.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 14th, 2006, 5:26 am

BlaKK wrote:I ain't never heard of a nigga that switched hoods on the hood, that's disrespectful and you deserve to be shot.
that would be funny as hell though. its like he joins the rival gang while he still kicks it with those same homies.

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: N. Long Beach

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » November 14th, 2006, 10:08 pm

i wonder how many cats on these forums used to bang with other hoods. i kinda got a few cats in mind but drama aint my thing, ill keep it to myself (lol)

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 14th, 2006, 10:37 pm

99% of these niggas on this forum board banged with nobody nigga.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » November 15th, 2006, 4:28 am

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT wrote:i wonder how many cats on these forums used to bang with other hoods. i kinda got a few cats in mind but drama aint my thing, ill keep it to myself (lol)
i want to know. share.

This place needs some drama.

im gonna go out tonite and do a drive-by, and post on here to see if any1 heard about it. lets see who keeps their ears to the streets.

If i dont respond by tomorrow, chances are, It wasnt a successful hit.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » November 15th, 2006, 4:38 am

BlaKK wrote:99% of these niggas on this forum board banged with nobody nigga.
i disagree. I think a few had.

I notice a few things about people on this board, all with different stories.

1. cats who formerly bang. Dont bang anymore, and come here because they dont want to bang anymore, but at the same time this is their former life, and the desire to talk the gang life still exist. So they come here.

2. Cats, who wanted to bang but never did.

3. Cats who are infatuated with the gang life, and are interested in the lifestyle, but dont want to get anywhere near it. (White Journalist)

4. Bustaz/Phonies

5. Cats who are flat out bored. With nothing else to do.

I dont think its any1 on here who is still active in the ganglife. Some may still be connected though. others, out completely.

Sometimes i wonder, what if im the only Black dude on here. And every1 else here was White. And behind close doors, every1 is laughing at me for being so stupid.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » November 15th, 2006, 6:25 am

Some of us have already met

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » November 15th, 2006, 10:51 am

I think plenty of people on here have banged or still do.

And I agree that this board needs a bit more drama haha.

Personally, it's best to just ignore the dudes you are sure are phonies and focus on the real talk: i.e. Terren, YG, Al Capone, etc. There is a pretty good sized list of niggaz I think are spittin the real.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » November 15th, 2006, 5:49 pm

yeah the place needs drama, but i dont think anybody will forget the great "casper" fire of 05

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » November 16th, 2006, 10:33 am

The flames of that one are still sparked.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » November 17th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Invincible wrote:
BlaKK wrote:I ain't never heard of a nigga that switched hoods on the hood, that's disrespectful and you deserve to be shot.
that would be funny as hell though. its like he joins the rival gang while he still kicks it with those same homies.
It happened.

Blue eyes was from 118 ECC.

His mom moved down a few blocks, and now he is banging 112 broadway.

Not much of an upgrade, but hey, he did what he had to do.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » November 18th, 2006, 11:26 am

terren2000 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
It happened.

Blue eyes was from 118 ECC.

His mom moved down a few blocks, and now he is banging 112 broadway.

Not much of an upgrade, but hey, he did what he had to do.

i think there are niggas still bangin on this site especially ny niggas jus because they are typically younger and it seems like the ws niggas are older and talk as if they fell back a lil more

cstyle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cstyle » December 15th, 2006, 2:29 pm

niggas hop subsets like its nothing in the rollin 30s. i came out of prison and found a lot of my niggas went from denker to 37s.

C-Style
Harlem Rollin 30s West Side LA Crip

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Re: Set Hopping

Unread post by ViciousRidah » June 17th, 2011, 5:10 pm

I think its dangerous to do this.

I wonder if anyone has ever been found out from doing this if they come from a rival hood?

But I knew a kid from Mansfield who moved to the 60s and banged that,he was in his teens.

FAVELA9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Re: Set Hopping

Unread post by FAVELA9 » July 22nd, 2011, 10:37 am

friend of mine from soxlos told me about one of his boys that got jumped into harpys and had tattoos on his body of both hoods , and that when he would get hit up by soxlos enemys he would claim harpys and when he would get hit up by harpy enemys he would say he was from soxlos , sooner or later they found out and f'd him up bad and gave em the boot as well as harpys.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”