DOG TOWN RIFA

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: DOG TOWN RIFA

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 31st, 2013, 12:40 am

xxx wrote:
Lonewolf wrote: Avenues 43rd once asked me to jump in with them., that was back when i had some pleito going on with some of my own Dog Towners, pero chale., I could never ever go down that route., what ended up happening is that i threw down with those fools from my varrio that i had differences with, and after that, no mas!
Is this the Reason why you moved to the Harbor Area and rolled with Rancho San Pedro?
nah triple x., that misunderstanding happened early in my career while i was still at nightingale., it was no biggie when you look at it in retrospect, and it wasn't with the whole varrio, it was only with a couple of dogs, but that all passed into history and forgotten about., there's a ton of history in dog town after that., and i have always been good with my varrio dxt, so don't be believing lies from anyone!

when i moved to Pedro was back in '79, but it wasn't me opting to move down there because that was my jefita who wanted us to move down there., i still went all the way up to the dt pjs as much as i could during those early 80's., all the way 'til maybe 84, pushing it to 85, but then i faded from the scene., things where happening in the projects that i did not like, let's leave it at that., but as to your question as to why i rolled with rancho, that's false, i never jumped in with the ranch., in everything that i've wrote and told here, there and, everywhere, is that i kicked it and got high with them, and yes, to be real about it, i got down backing up the big s.p. against enemies., but i never took no sides internally., that's the reason why i can tell you a thousand stories about everyone from pedro from those times, including the second street mob., and that's the reason why i could walk in to wilmas and get stoned over there, because i have never ever been from RSP; it has always been only dog town in my heart! If you have ever lived in a close-knit community like the projects as i have, then you would understand that there's is more than a gang connection to one's neighborhood.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » December 31st, 2013, 7:07 am

In 92 whe the taggers were given "the Ultimatum" I was "picked up" by a carload of Cypress Aves for a lil meeting. They basically put it on the table that they wanted my crew to join them and we all had a invite for membership. At that time we already had a few fights and shoot outs with them so most of the guys voted no. They also wanted everyone to become part of the 57 Chicos whic would mean dropping the crew name which so many had fought hard to establish. At that point we were the hottest free agents in NELA, we held ours vs. the Aves, OFA, Burlington, Rockwood so we were very respected. Eventually about 10 got into the Aves, 1 into PF,,lol and the reamaining started the BSK or BSL clique of HLP which pretty much put HLP back on the map. The ones that got into Aves were some nut cases aswell, quite a few are mentiond in the book Mexican Mafia.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 31st, 2013, 10:45 am

How does that work when a crew breaks up and the members join rival gangs.

Do yall give out passes and stay loyal to yalls history, or do you scrap the past and kill each other.

If you do give out passes, that might be a hard pill to swallow for the dudes that recruited yall, your new homies that have no feelings for your old homies

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 31st, 2013, 10:33 pm

xxx wrote:How does that work when a crew breaks up and the members join rival gangs.

Do yall give out passes and stay loyal to yalls history, or do you scrap the past and kill each other.

If you do give out passes, that might be a hard pill to swallow for the dudes that recruited yall, your new homies that have no feelings for your old homies
.. u shoul know how it went down in south central ,crews from your hood or your neighnbors like sex jerk or ktc or even ewf went thru those scenarios ...no?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 2nd, 2014, 7:52 am

Someof my old taggeing buddies lived on the same street about 6 houses away. One got into HLP the other 2 bros got into the Aves. These catss grew up together, they loved eachother. Anytime they ran into eachother they ignored eachother, neither wanted to disrespect the other cause they both knew where their families stayed, plus ddep down inside I think they still cared for eachothers well being. Well one of the Aves bros's got shot by a HLP, then the HLP member and his bro were found murdered in their car not too long after. Im pretty sure none of my ex crew members (aves or HLP) had anything to do with any of the violence on eactother but there gangs sure did. In the Mexican Mafia they talk in detail of my friends (Yogi and Wicked) that got killed by the Aves. To answer your question, even if you still got love and give out passes for old times sake Neighborhood business always will come first, even if you not the one enforcing it.

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » January 12th, 2014, 5:47 pm

the oldest concrete hit up i seen was from dog town...from 1945 right on alameda accross the street from the projects...theres hitups from the 40s 60s 70s and 80s that ive seen around there...cool shit...

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » January 12th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Ninja, thats true about homies and different neighborhoods. Sometimes politics do go first. And some will go against the grain. Those that go against the grain gets my utmost respect. That was a great example. Since the forums been poppin lately Ill put out some more good shit.

Alonso is also during a great thing by going on an interview rampage.

Cuetla, my hood WS OLBZ is of the old Alpine varrio. Now that you said that, Im going to keep a better eye on the concrete whenever I can. If I find anything good maybe Ill take some pics. If I run into an OG Alpine Streeter Ill spark up a conversation.

Alrato..

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » January 12th, 2014, 8:28 pm

So Pops, seems like u have a good insight for ur brick city boys but seems like ur varrio was small time? How many members ya'll have?

Now do u vatos still have active folk putting it down?

Are u vatos still in William Mead??

And when I mean active, I'm talking homeboys on deck, strike ups, youngsters banging, streets sowed up. NOT old vets getting together on the weekend to slam bones n drink pistos. (IMO that's not active, that's just homeboys chillin)..

Do u guys have a presence in Alahambra??

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 11th, 2015, 12:43 am

Does anyone know where the original kennel would have been? What street, any idea? I would love to track down that kennel.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 2nd, 2015, 4:08 am

@1 wrote:Does anyone know where the original kennel would have been? What street, any idea? I would love to track down that kennel.
I believe that there was an animal shelter on Ann Street, called Ann Street Animal Shelter at 215 W Ann Street. Here is a photo from 1954 at that Animal Shelter.
Attachments
ann-street-animal-shelter-1954-dec.jpg
ann-street-animal-shelter-1954-dec.jpg (47.53 KiB) Viewed 9037 times

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 28th, 2018, 1:05 pm

DOGTOWN THE STREET GANG WAS INDEED NAMED BECAUSE OF A DOGPOUND JUST NOT THE ANN ST. DOGPOUND . FROM THE MAIN ST. BRIDGE TO ABOUT THE POST OFFICE THIS AREA WAS KNOWN AS DOGTOWN SO SOMETIME IN THE LATE 1830s A DOGPOUND WAS CONSTRUCTED NEAR WHERE THE DOWNEY BRIDGE IS STRAY DOGS WERE A BIG PROBLEM IN THOSE TIMES SO PEOPLE WERE LIMITED TO 2 DOGS PER HOUSEHOLD . SO MANY DOGS WERE RUNNING WILD ATTACKING KIDS AS WELL AS ADULTS SO A PRICE TAG WAS PUT ON THEIR HEADS THIS LED TO THE AREA KIDS WHICH WERE TO NOT ONLY BRING IN STRAY DOGS BUT THEY’D ALSO STEAL FAMILY PETS & TURN THEM IN FOR A REWARD THESE KIDS WERE SOON LABELED HOODLUMS , THIEVES & CALLED SOME NOT SO NICE NAMES SO THESE KIDS STARTED A GANG WHICH WAS CALLED DOGTOWN. THE DOGPOUND WAS RELOCATED TO ANN ST. IN THE EARLY 1950s & THE WILLIAM MEAD HOMES WERE COMPLETED IN 1942 SO THE DOGTOWN STREET GANG CAME INTO BEING LONG BEFORE THE DOG POUNDS. THERE YOU HAVE IT.

CYCLONA
DOG TOWN
PROJECTS
TINY LOCAS

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 28th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
DOGTOWN THE STREET GANG WAS INDEED NAMED BECAUSE OF THE DOG PROBLEMS In THE AREA JUST NOT THE ANN ST. DOGPOUND . FROM THE MAIN ST. BRIDGE TO ABOUT THE POST OFFICE THIS AREA WAS KNOWN AS DOGTOWN SO SOMETIME IN THE LATE 1930s A DOGPOUND WAS CONSTRUCTED NEAR WHERE THE DOWNEY BRIDGE IS STRAY DOGS WERE A BIG PROBLEM IN THOSE TIMES SO PEOPLE WERE LIMITED TO 2 DOGS PER HOUSEHOLD . SO MANY DOGS WERE RUNNING WILD ATTACKING KIDS AS WELL AS ADULTS SO A PRICE TAG WAS PUT ON THEIR HEADS THIS LED TO THE AREA KIDS WHICH WERE TO NOT ONLY BRING IN STRAY DOGS BUT THEY’D ALSO STEAL FAMILY PETS & TURN THEM IN FOR A REWARD THESE KIDS WERE SOON LABELED HOODLUMS , THIEVES & CALLED SOME NOT SO NICE NAMES SO THESE KIDS STARTED A GANG WHICH WAS CALLED DOGTOWN. THE DOGPOUND WAS RELOCATED TO ANN ST. IN THE EARLY 1950s & THE WILLIAM MEAD HOMES WERE COMPLETED IN 1942 SO THE DOGTOWN STREET GANG CAME INTO BEING LONG BEFORE THE DOG POUNDS. THERE YOU HAVE IT.

CYCLONA
DOG TOWN
PROJECTS
TINY LOCAS

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 17th, 2019, 3:27 am

IMG_20190117_022230.jpg
VARRIO DOG x TOWN PROYECTS
IMG_20190117_022230.jpg (442.83 KiB) Viewed 7482 times

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”