Are illegal aliens an enormous part of the gang problem?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Are illegal aliens an enormous part of the gang problem?

Unread post by alexalonso » April 14th, 2007, 4:03 pm

I was listening to 790 KABC radio in Los Angeles listening to Doug McIntyre in the morning and he made a statement that illegal aliens are an enormous part of the gang problem.

Well I had to respond and I did so on my blog. Please go check it out and comment about it at the end of the Blog at:

http://www.streetgangs.com/lies/doug-mc ... os-angeles

If you dont live in LA and you want to listen to these issues on the internet they stream their shows at:

http://www.kabc.com/home.asp

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 14th, 2007, 4:28 pm

KFI 6 40 same thing. Always make it seem like all gang members are illegals. The people I know who are here illegally are affraid of getting in trouble with the law and try to stay away from gangs. Fear of getting deported.

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » April 14th, 2007, 5:08 pm

its propaganda no more no less to forwarsd there politcial cause they will say just about anything and have no statistical data to prove there arguement the bottom line is the powers that be are sick of the mexicans being here when its there land indigenously speeking

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » April 14th, 2007, 5:36 pm

please comment on the blog too, thanks

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » April 16th, 2007, 4:57 pm

the problem may not be enormous but if 20% of hispanic gang members are illegals, its still signifcant. growing up i knew lots of gangsters that were mojados. alot of em were homies.

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » April 16th, 2007, 6:09 pm

chupon106 wrote:the problem may not be enormous but if 20% of hispanic gang members are illegals, its still signifcant. growing up i knew lots of gangsters that were mojados. alot of em were homies.
Around this way, Mojados are just as quik to blast ,too. If you see a shotgun and a taco hat, you better duck. :lol:

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

My Opinion

Unread post by Stone » May 18th, 2007, 11:46 am

I don't think the illegally mexicans immigants have an influence on LA's gang problem. It's the young surenos who hate other races and their OG's who are fresh out the pina and push these yound kats to put in work. Lately I've met Surenos who aren't racist, just called to be reppin Southside and ready to retaliate against anyone who fucks with them.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: My Opinion

Unread post by bgcasper » May 18th, 2007, 12:17 pm

[quote="Stone"]I don't think the illegally mexicans immigants have an influence on LA's gang problem. It's the young surenos who hate other races and their OG's who are fresh out the pina and push these yound kats to put in work. Lately I've met Surenos who aren't racist, just called to be reppin Southside and ready to retaliate against anyone who fucks with them.[/quote]when i was young that's how they was ...

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: My Opinion

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 1st, 2007, 3:54 pm

Oh they really do too bgcasper. I've been here for four decades and they ARE an influence on LA's gang problem. 57% of illegal aliens are of Mexican origin and about 75% are of Latin American origin and the number of illegal aliens has increased dramatically and since the mid 1990s has surpassed the number of legal immigrants. We have 20 - 30 million illegal immigrants in the country and Southern California has ended up with more than their fair share. And this is reflected in our state's prisons. The numbers I've read are that most facilities are housing more than 200% of their design capacity. A surprising number are illegal immigrants. Even in Federal corrections there appears to be about 27% of federal prison inmates are criminal aliens with about 75% of them being Latino. All of the statistics and my four decades of growing up here say exactly the opposite bgcasper. No disrespect whatsoever, I know you try to spit the truth as you understand it about Los Angeles, but you aren't from here and this is how it is here.
bgcasper wrote:
Stone wrote:I don't think the illegally mexicans immigants have an influence on LA's gang problem. It's the young surenos who hate other races and their OG's who are fresh out the pina and push these yound kats to put in work. Lately I've met Surenos who aren't racist, just called to be reppin Southside and ready to retaliate against anyone who fucks with them.
when i was young that's how they was ...

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » June 13th, 2007, 12:25 am

Shatterhand if you kicked out every last illegal mexican gangster out of California you wouldnt see any impact at all on gangs. The hardcore members are all american born and the people that keep the whole gang culture alive are chicano gang members. I bet if you did the opposite, if you kicked out all the legal gangsters, the whole Sureno thing would collapse.
You wouldnt see gangs continuing to grow under the influence of mojado or "wetback" gangmembers. This alone counters any arguement made towards illegal alien gangmembers.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » June 13th, 2007, 5:21 am

[quote="streetsIswatchin"]Shatterhand if you kicked out every last illegal mexican gangster out of California you wouldnt see any impact at all on gangs. The hardcore members are all american born and the people that keep the whole gang culture alive are chicano gang members. I bet if you did the opposite, if you kicked out all the legal gangsters, the whole Sureno thing would collapse.
You wouldnt see gangs continuing to grow under the influence of mojado or "wetback" gangmembers. This alone counters any arguement made towards illegal alien gangmembers.[/quote]word

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » September 12th, 2007, 9:34 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:Shatterhand if you kicked out every last illegal mexican gangster out of California you wouldnt see any impact at all on gangs. The hardcore members are all american born and the people that keep the whole gang culture alive are chicano gang members. I bet if you did the opposite, if you kicked out all the legal gangsters, the whole Sureno thing would collapse.
You wouldnt see gangs continuing to grow under the influence of mojado or "wetback" gangmembers. This alone counters any arguement made towards illegal alien gangmembers.
I guess your right, streetIswatchin. If they kicked out all the illegals there wouldn't be an enormous drop in gang crime but I do think it would make somewhat of a difference. In my neck of the woods, the valle (Rio Grande Valley, South Texas) every single gang I've had close encounters with have a few hardcore mojados in there clika. Some of the most craziest cholos I've ever met were illegals. I even know one mf who was recently on FBIs most wanted till they busted his ass.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 22nd, 2007, 1:16 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:Shatterhand if you kicked out every last illegal mexican gangster out of California you wouldnt see any impact at all on gangs. The hardcore members are all american born and the people that keep the whole gang culture alive are chicano gang members. I bet if you did the opposite, if you kicked out all the legal gangsters, the whole Sureno thing would collapse.
correct, infact, if every gang member in Los Angeles were illegal aliens, there were probably be about 50% of the gang crime there is now. Most of the gang crime in LA are committed by Blacks, about 40% of gang crime are committed by Hispanics, and about 20 % of that is committed by illegal, which would be about 8% of the total gang crime.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » November 3rd, 2007, 12:14 am

to make that statement you cant stay here.

Kick out all illegal aliens, no impact?

man please.

You really dont understand the problem of illegal aliens. Theya re alot of them, and half of MS and other gangs are made up of illegals.

Thats over 100's or rapes and murders that wouldnt have happend. Thats a pretty big darn impact.

If we got ri of them all, it wouldnt be perfect, but it would make a big difference.

The stats dont lie. Alot of gangs are made up of illegals.

You have to go off of stats, because no1 walking in the streets can say, "That gangsters an illegal alien".

Stats say it, so i ahve to go off of that.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 3rd, 2007, 10:07 am

terren2000 wrote:

man please.

You really dont understand the problem of illegal aliens. Theya re alot of them, and half of MS and other gangs are made up of illegals.

Thats over 100's or rapes and murders that wouldnt have happend. Thats a pretty big darn impact.

If we got ri of them all, it wouldnt be perfect, but it would make a big difference.

You have to go off of stats, because no1 walking in the streets can say, "That gangsters an illegal alien".

yeah, back in the 90s remember when ese's werent SOOO deep? there werent all the illegals here, that and i guess the blacks in L.A. killed themselves off by going so fukking crazy.

but illegals ARE a problem, and all these bastards do is make gay ass fences my little nephew can hop... i dont ahve a problem with people tryna come to america, but be like everyone else and do it the legit way and enter as a immigrant not a fukkin illegal.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 9th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Tens of millions poured in within a single generation and the magic wand was waved making them McCitizens (as if there weren't more to citizenship than illegally entering a country). Count membership from their numbers and the percentage goes way up. Why? Because there were only 2 million Latinos in the country in 1940 if you use the government's census. So obviously if the magic wand hadn't been waved and the 16th amendment didn't make a McCitizen out of anyone birthed onto the soil no matter the citizenship or ideology or loyalties of their parents then they would most all be illegal today meaning Latino gang membership would be almost entirely composed of illegals. That's how some on the right are starting to look at it anyways.
pistolslanga wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

man please.

yeah, back in the 90s remember when ese's werent SOOO deep? there werent all the illegals here, that and i guess the blacks in L.A. killed themselves off by going so #%@& crazy.

but illegals ARE a problem, and all these bastards do is make gay ass fences my little nephew can hop... i dont ahve a problem with people tryna come to america, but be like everyone else and do it the legit way and enter as a immigrant not a #%@& illegal.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 9th, 2008, 2:45 pm

Tens of millions poured in within a single generation and the magic wand was waved making them McCitizens (as if there weren't more to citizenship than illegally entering a country). Count membership from their numbers and the percentage goes way up. Why? Because there were only 2 million Latinos in the country in 1940 if you use the government's census. So obviously if the magic wand hadn't been waved and the 16th amendment didn't make a McCitizen out of anyone birthed onto the soil no matter the citizenship or ideology or loyalties of their parents then they would most all be illegal today meaning Latino gang membership would be almost entirely composed of illegals. That's how some on the right are starting to look at it anyways.
pistolslanga wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

man please.

yeah, back in the 90s remember when ese's werent SOOO deep? there werent all the illegals here, that and i guess the blacks in L.A. killed themselves off by going so #%@& crazy.

but illegals ARE a problem, and all these bastards do is make gay ass fences my little nephew can hop... i dont ahve a problem with people tryna come to america, but be like everyone else and do it the legit way and enter as a immigrant not a #%@& illegal.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » January 12th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Excuse me that's the 14th amendment not the 16th.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 24th, 2008, 7:22 pm

chupon106 wrote:the problem may not be enormous but if 20% of hispanic gang members are illegals, its still signifcant. growing up i knew lots of gangsters that were mojados. alot of em were homies.
well I think most people are concerned if they are committing crimes at a high rate. Of the total gang population in LA County, which is about 90,000, it is estimated that about 10% of them are illegal.

I would be curious to know what percent of the inmates in California that have been convicted in gang crimes are illegal.I dont think anyone has that stat.

xibalba

Unread post by xibalba » May 30th, 2008, 10:47 am

My understanding at this point is that it is about membership and monopolizing and not about citizenship. People live within areas that are within gang boundaries so that eliminates discrimination.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Are illegal aliens an enormous part of the gang problem?

Unread post by twocost » June 6th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Okay, here how it goes.

Gang problem? No.

Drug problem? lol no comment.

Some illegal immigrants come here and start or join gangs, true, but many of them don't. The thing is... The paisas that come here from mexico deal mad weight to many of the neighborhoods out here. As far as them slanging to the black and asian hoods I have no clue where they get there shit from but most of the chicano hoods get there shit from the paisas.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » January 24th, 2010, 10:54 pm

twocost wrote:Okay, here how it goes.

Gang problem? No.

Drug problem? lol no comment.

Some illegal immigrants come here and start or join gangs, true, but many of them don't. The thing is... The paisas that come here from mexico deal mad weight to many of the neighborhoods out here. As far as them slanging to the black and asian hoods I have no clue where they get there shit from but most of the chicano hoods get there shit from the paisas.

I agree to a certain extent, it is a gang problem because they contribute to the gang numbers but they dont because most are Mexican/American aka Chicano! They are a drug problem because most become good with other gangs because they could travel, back and forth through the border!

But I agree with TWOCOST because there are PEOPLE coming from different parts of the world WHO will work hard, raise honest living families and such. But no matter if they do or not, the question is once they make a family will there kids who will be Chicano, since born in the US but will they fall into the loop of gang life! Its not the ADULTS who are coming to AMERICA to join gangs it there kids, who've they have or HAD and soon to grow up and want to become popular in Americas Society!

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » January 25th, 2010, 7:28 pm

alexalonso wrote:I was listening to 790 KABC radio in Los Angeles listening to Doug McIntyre in the morning and he made a statement that illegal aliens are an enormous part of the gang problem.

Well I had to respond and I did so on my blog. Please go check it out and comment about it at the end of the Blog at:

http://www.streetgangs.com/journal/index.php?itemid=12

If you dont live in LA and you want to listen to these issues on the internet they stream their shows at:

http://www.kabc.com/home.asp

What do you expect from the conservative media? It's funny when they want to show why illegal immigration is wrong they show gangs,why dont they show the ones in school?? The ones working.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”