Varrio Sur 13 - HOLLYWOOD STONERS Click (HWS)

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Varrio Sur 13 - HOLLYWOOD STONERS Click (HWS)

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » April 29th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Anybody heard of the WS SURENOS 13 HWS.They are in Hollywood Like by Sunset or Santa Monica Blvd.They have one clicka, the Hollywood Stoners.The homie in HW High told me they were like 4 deep in there.Any one got any knowlege on these foos?They dont get along with 18, MS, R13, TMC, LML and more Hollywood neighborhoods.They strike up alot all over Hollywood so I dont know were they at exactly, but they are around.And also how old is JMK,is it an oldschool crew??Is it a neighborhood already??I remember people thinking that JMK stood for JR MARA, but those foos were like chale.It stands for Just Marijuanos.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » April 30th, 2007, 3:52 pm

....4 deep... :shock:

That does NOT qualify for a hood/varrio :lol:

That's called a "group of freinds" :wink:

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » April 30th, 2007, 4:00 pm

No foo four deep just in the school....MS is the deepest in HW high.They got more foos out in different High schools in the area, and in the calles.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » April 30th, 2007, 4:51 pm

SUR the gang Ive also heard of in South Central. The SUR was in LHTS beefing with LHTS but they gone now. There was another SUR gang tryna set up shop in China Town back then but got dropped with the quickness by OLBz. I dont know if all the SUR gangs are connected, can anybody confirm this? And to the fools who think Im talking about eses in general nahhhh im talking about the gang actually named SUR.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » May 8th, 2007, 5:10 pm

I think JMK are future MS.

A CUETLACHTLI. whats your sn mean? haha

So you around the HollyWood area? What you know about the LMC aka future 18 st there?

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » May 8th, 2007, 5:16 pm

NikexCortez wrote:I think JMK are future MS.

A CUETLACHTLI. whats your sn mean? haha

So you around the HollyWood area? What you know about the LMC aka future 18 st there?
Nah I dont think they are future MS.Maybe some wil end up joining MS.But JMK is probably gonna try to be a real varrio.Like pinochio trying to be real boy.Its been a minute since I been to that side though, things might have changed.As for LMC, I knew about them cuz a few went to Marshall dont know much about them though.I thought they were with OBS.What 18st click are you speaking of??And my name means Wolf in Nahuatl.The old Aztec language.Orale.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » May 8th, 2007, 5:30 pm

Naw homie LMC were made by an 18 streeter. The one your thinking of is WS LCM, they clicked up with OBS.
LMC got a WS and a ES and got back up from 18 st. Last I heard some LMC were beefin with 18 st though, I dont know which side...

562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » May 10th, 2007, 1:32 pm

A couple of years back on Mariposa-dead end street near Santa Monica there use to be alot of JMK tags and I use to see tons of vatos controlling that street. I don't know where they were from because I assumed JMK was a taging crew.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 29th, 2007, 2:08 pm

I've seen SUR 13 write all over the place in that area of Hollywood. They funk with White Fence, 18 Street and R13.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » March 4th, 2008, 1:52 pm

562_HOMIE wrote:A couple of years back on Mariposa-dead end street near Santa Monica there use to be alot of JMK tags and I use to see tons of vatos controlling that street. I don't know where they were from because I assumed JMK was a taging crew.
I hadn't seen JMK around that area. But I have seen w/s LTOs, and C14 in that area. I know what street you're talking about. The one south of Romaine, and West of Alexandria. I don't know who LTOs are.

Also see some R13s hit up west of Normandie.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Re: SUR 13 HOLLYWOOD STONERS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » March 12th, 2010, 3:38 am

Ive been wondering where V.Sur13 came from. Ive also seen their hitups in Hollywood alot by Gower and Sunset. And also in North Hollywood off of Magnolia. It seems that their trying to setup in NHLS Hood.

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by jdm894g » March 27th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Ive seen a lot of SUR 13 tags between manchester and Imperial on normandie and a lot around century and hoover.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 28th, 2010, 11:26 am

must be different ones cuz I was in hwood and over there on normandie and manchester and hoover all through out the 80-'s to century this last week, and I seen both V sur 13 hitups.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 26th, 2012, 8:45 pm

In 2008 a Varrio Sur member, JOSHUA "Blackie" JONES was convicted of killing a MS member on Santa Monica Blvd in Hollywood.
INTRODUCTION
A jury found defendant and appellant Joshua C. Jones guilty of first degree murder with gun and gang enhancements. The jury found his codefendant Luis Cortez guilty of second degree murder with gun and gang enhancements. On appeal, Jones contends that the trial court abused its discretion by denying his challenges for cause; that his trial counsel provided ineffective assistance; that the true finding on the gang enhancement must be reversed; and that there was insufficient evidence of the gun-enhancement allegation.
Cortez separately contends that the trial court erred by denying his Penal Code section 1118.11 motion, brought on the ground there was insufficient evidence he aided and abetted the murder. Cortez also contends that the jury was misinstructed on aiding and abetting and that there was an error in the sentence imposed.
We hold that Jones's and Cortez's sentences must be corrected, but we otherwise affirm the judgment.
FACTUAL AND PROCEDURAL BACKGROUND
I. Factual background.
A. The murder of Christian Garcia (Christian) on October 23, 2008.
Xochitl Garcia (no relation to the victim) and Anai Quintana were at the corner of Santa Monica Boulevard and St. Andrews Place when they saw Jones and Cortez2 ride by on bikes. Quintana and Garcia knew Jones, "Blackie," from school. Five to ten minutes after first seeing the boys, Quintana and Garcia saw them again, but this time Jones and Cortez were on foot, running. Garcia thought that Jones was trying to hide a long gun in his jeans. Quintana noticed that Jones was trying to hide something long in his pants.3
Wondering what had happened, Quintana and Garcia went to Western and Santa Monica, where the bikes Jones and Cortez had been riding were on the ground. Christian4 was on the ground, dead from a single gunshot to the chest.
Video surveillance from stores shows Cortez and Jones riding their bicycles on a sidewalk. They stopped their bikes and got off them as Christian approached them. Christian grabbed one of the bikes, and Jones and Cortez backed away, out of the range of the camera. Christian took a few steps towards them, but then he fell, apparently shot.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re:

Unread post by alexalonso » March 29th, 2013, 3:00 am

youngwun wrote:I've seen SUR 13 write all over the place in that area of Hollywood. They funk with White Fence, 18 Street and R13.
I think they write Varrio Sur Locos or SL sometimes.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”