Information On Cities In LA County

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Information On Cities In LA County

Unread post by kyh » June 22nd, 2004, 11:38 pm

I need any info on cities in LA county like Gardena, Hawthorne, San Bernandino, and any others, I dont kno them all. I want info on living conditions, apartment prices,etc. Anything basically. I dont really care what gangs are there because I dont bang, but I am white so I cant be stayin in places like Jordan Downs or Nickerson gardens haha. I juss want info on places close to LA.

Any opinion and reasons why u think one city is better than another please share with me. Thanks.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Information On Cities In LA County

Unread post by alexalonso » June 23rd, 2004, 12:39 am

this question is so general, and i never lived in any other city in Los Angeles County except for Los Angeles, and Monrovia (for 6 months). I would not suggest to move out to Monrovia becasue there is nothing there, thats for people who are born and raised there. And I love LA from Watts, South Central to East LA.

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » June 23rd, 2004, 2:26 am

MAN I THINK U ARE ON THE WRONG DAMN SITE.. THIS ISNT APARTMENT FINDER

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 11:40 am

yea I know this aint really the place for this question but I wanted to post it here because theres pople from all over Cali on here. And Ive searched the web for info and couldnt relly find much useful info.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 23rd, 2004, 1:49 pm

Marcus K wrote:I need any info on cities in LA county like Gardena, Hawthorne, San Bernandino, and any others, I dont kno them all. I want info on living conditions, apartment prices,etc. Anything basically. I dont really care what gangs are there because I dont bang, but I am white so I cant be stayin in places like Jordan Downs or Nickerson gardens haha. I juss want info on places close to LA.

Any opinion and reasons why u think one city is better than another please share with me. Thanks.
hey homie San Bernardino isnt LA county..its San Bernardino county(happens to be the biggest county in the country) ..well its not like its very far from LA or anything..just correcting that. moving to SB you should be alright in most places but not in the apartments because they are all full of gangs and people getting murdered in them. the only place i really see white people in SB is the very northern parts where you find newer homes.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 2:06 pm

o I didnt SB was its own county. Ive heard that the more inland u get the more cheaper it is, is that tru?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 23rd, 2004, 2:19 pm

Marcus K wrote:o I didnt SB was its own county. Ive heard that the more inland u get the more cheaper it is, is that tru?
YEAH THATS TRUE..THATS WHY IF YOU COME TO THE INLAND EMPIRE..YOU WILL FIND ALOT OF PEOPLE STRAIGHT FROM LA WHO MOVED OUT HERE FOR CHEAPER PRICES.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 3:36 pm

IS IE a coo place to live, is it like LA mostly? Is it close to LA?

I neva really payed attention to it, i always thought it sounded weird bein called Inland Empire. Thats different.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 23rd, 2004, 3:44 pm

Marcus K wrote:IS IE a coo place to live, is it like LA mostly? Is it close to LA?

I neva really payed attention to it, i always thought it sounded weird bein called Inland Empire. Thats different.
WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU CONSIDER A "COO PLACE TO LIVE" BUT IE IS NOT FAR FROM LA ITS COUNTIE BORDERS TOUCH.. INLAND EMPIRE IS SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY PUT TOGETHER SO WHEN YOU SAY IE YOUR TALKING ABOUT A VERY BIG AREA. SO IT DEPENDS ON WHICH CITY YOU LIVE IN AND WHAT PART OF THAT CITY. IT HAS ITS GANG PROBLEMS IN CERTAIN AREAS JUST LIKE LA EXCEPT ITS NOT FAMOUS AND ON MOVIES LIKE HOW LA IS.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 5:25 pm

ight. yea im not inerested in LA because of Hollywood n stuff like that. I dont have the money to live n e where else except the hood but thats fine with me. The most important thing is money basically, but I still wanna live near LA and hopefully LA County.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 23rd, 2004, 7:26 pm

Marcus K wrote:I need any info on cities in LA county like Gardena, Hawthorne, San Bernandino, and any others, I dont kno them all. I want info on living conditions, apartment prices,etc. Anything basically. I dont really care what gangs are there because I dont bang, but I am white so I cant be stayin in places like Jordan Downs or Nickerson gardens haha. I juss want info on places close to LA.

Gardena is crazy, and Hawthorne has fast becomed the battle ground for gangs from other areas moving in. San Bernardino's West Side and South Side have some notorious neighborhoods. Fontana is becoming from what I've seen and heard another Moreno Valley. Riverside is like a mini L.A. But I suppose Loma Linda in-between Riverside and San Bernardino would be just fine to raise your young ones.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 8:03 pm

I really dont care wut the gangs status is around where i live. As long as i can survive everyday n in time get a wifey n sum youngins. Ill probly juss move sumwhere downtown LA. Not no Beverly Hills shit or sumtin lol. No matter where I go in Cali its gonna be expensive so it dont really matter if I live in Gardena or LA.

Basically all I want to kno is like wut are sum differences between Gardena, Hawthorne, Pasadena (not sure if this is in LA County or near LA) and LA. Not as in gangs but as in livin conditions and where u wud wanna live more and why.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 23rd, 2004, 8:15 pm

Sorry my man, you lost me on this one, I was trying to inform you that in some areas it does'nt matter if you bang or not, your kids will have to grow up in the hood and go to school with the G's and they may not survive as easy as you by not banging, therefore I was giving you some heads up on the gang situation. I lived in Gardena for 1 whole year in 88/89, and I have uncles and cousins in Riverside & San Bernardino, and I have "Compadres" in Hawthorne. One of the most prominent reasons that I moved out of L.A. County is precisely because I made it through, but I deffinately did not want to take a big gamble with my kids.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 23rd, 2004, 8:19 pm

yeah man...why do you want to move to LA so badly? im sure if you mind your own business you will be alright. but its worse having to grow up in these areas.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 9:29 pm

lonewolf wrote:Sorry my man, you lost me on this one, I was trying to inform you that in some areas it does'nt matter if you bang or not, your kids will have to grow up in the hood and go to school with the G's and they may not survive as easy as you by not banging, therefore I was giving you some heads up on the gang situation. I lived in Gardena for 1 whole year in 88/89, and I have uncles and cousins in Riverside & San Bernardino, and I have "Compadres" in Hawthorne. One of the most prominent reasons that I moved out of L.A. County is precisely because I made it through, but I deffinately did not want to take a big gamble with my kids.
Sry u lost me homie. But ya i understand wut u were sayin and thnx. Your a good person for info on this topic obviously, hopefully if u can share more info.

Im not really htinkin bout havin kids for a few years so Im sure by then ill kno where to put my kids as in skool and other things to tryn keep them away from gangs. Theres a gang in every town so I think its impossible to keep ur kids away from it, but I definetely kno how to keep them out and I will let them kno wut its like in a gang. I dont want to be in a very high gang violence area obviously if Idont ahve to but i can only afford to live downtown in the hood, so there will be gangs, i juss gotta deal with it.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 23rd, 2004, 11:36 pm

RuthlessBone909 wrote:
Marcus K wrote:IS IE a coo place to live, is it like LA mostly? Is it close to LA?

WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU CONSIDER A "COO PLACE TO LIVE" BUT IE IS NOT FAR FROM LA ITS COUNTIE BORDERS TOUCH.. INLAND EMPIRE IS SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY PUT TOGETHER SO WHEN YOU SAY IE YOUR TALKING ABOUT A VERY BIG AREA. SO IT DEPENDS ON WHICH CITY YOU LIVE IN AND WHAT PART OF THAT CITY. IT HAS ITS GANG PROBLEMS IN CERTAIN AREAS JUST LIKE LA EXCEPT ITS NOT FAMOUS AND ON MOVIES LIKE HOW LA IS.
what parts of IE have the most blacks and people from LA? And where are the hoods?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 24th, 2004, 12:00 am

Marcus K wrote:
RuthlessBone909 wrote:

what parts of IE have the most blacks and people from LA? And where are the hoods?
i might be wrong but id say probably Riverside. then certain parts of Rialto and San Bernardino. theirs black hoods all over the west side of San Bernardino, you got alot of IE Bloods and IE ese's going against people from LA..mostly mexican people out here though...just like LA pretty much.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 24th, 2004, 12:10 am

and you asked if IE is far from LA..well think of it like this....we get LA radio stations and LA news channels. its not like going to SD where they got their own stuff going on. im in LA county evey weekend in the SGV..takes about 30 or 40mins to get their with not so much traffic.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » June 24th, 2004, 4:17 am

i lived in Hawthorne more than half my life. my baby sis' lives in Gardena and i chill there, just about everytime i come back home from skoo. if you want cheap apartments, well LA isn't cheap. back when i was growin' up in the late 80's/early 90's...a one-bedroom apt in Hawthorne went from anywhere between $400-500. nowadays, you'd be lucky to find a decent place that goes for $500. my baby sis' lives in G13 hood and her 2-bedroom apartment is i believe $1000...somewhere around there. her apartment itself is nice, but go outside and you'll see G13 all around.

now if you wanna live in LA itself, not just a city in the county, then good luck findin' a cheap place. 1 bedroom apartments in Ktown go for $800+.

Hawthorne...i'd say the nicest part is the southside. or even the eastside. Gardena, the "nice area" is the westside that borders Torrance. try livin' in Torrance. it ain't as bad as Gardena or Hawthorne...but it might be a lil' pricier.

and don't worry about skoos...if you don't want your kid to go to the skoo in that area, just send them to a private skoo to get away from that city.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 1:55 pm

So Riverside has mostly people from the city of LA?

How far away, as in minutes or miles, is Riverside from the city of LA?

How much does a one or two room apartment cost in Riverside?

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 2:00 pm

I think Im havin a hard time gettin my point and question across. Lemme try again lol.

What is the closest place to LA (the City), that has LA people, blacks (i dont wanna live around alot of white people, or in a real rural area cuz I cant afford it), doesnt matter what gangs are there, and is cheaper than LA?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 24th, 2004, 2:02 pm

Marcus K wrote:So Riverside has mostly people from the city of LA?

How far away, as in minutes or miles, is Riverside from the city of LA?

How much does a one or two room apartment cost in Riverside?
i dont think Riverside has mostly people from LA in it but theirs alot. its like alot of IE cities with the IE gangs vs. LA gang kinda stuff. i read in a news paper a few weeks ago that lots of blacks from LA are moving out of LA and one place they are going is Riverside. i dont know how much the apartments cost but probably less than in LA.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 24th, 2004, 2:05 pm

oh yeah its probably about a 45min to an hour drive to get to LA from Riverside or SB depending on traffic.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 2:08 pm

sounds good. What I mean by a "cool" place is basically like this. Im tryn be a producer or sumtin once I move out there so I need access to some places in LA quickly, plus im probably be chillin alot in LA. I dont wana be livin by alot of white people. The place gotta have alot of nice ladiez of course. Im not involed in gangs anymore n im coo with whoever respects me so gang dont matter where i live. As long as there basically coo black ppl round me n tru homies u kno. I kinda sound stupid like im a little kid or something that just wants to be around black people from LA. But thats is basically all I wanan be around. I really wanna live in LA but its just too expensive.

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 2:09 pm

I've bene lookin for a good map that shows both counties and cities but cant find one, if anybody can find for me please let me know.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 24th, 2004, 2:16 pm

ay whats with your obsessed with living around "black people from LA"? . this isnt a diss to anybody but it really seems like pretty soon their wont be as many blacks in the LA area. and dont worry about living near white people. its southern cali so if you arent in a nice area its probably going to be mexicans and maybe blacks ..and a few whites here in there. damn..LA is like mexico.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 24th, 2004, 2:19 pm

now that i think about it. it isnt just blacks moving out of LA. mexicans are too. my family did. i think somebody posted that whites are moving into the west LA area more?

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 2:20 pm

Yea I kno LA is mostly mexicans. I aint obsessed

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » June 24th, 2004, 2:47 pm

you asked for info on Hawthorne and Gardena and their apartment prices, livin' conditions, etc...so i gave it to you. now you askin' other questions. but anyway...

if your assumption is that you have to live in a city to be close to blacks you're wrong. what i recommend for you is to live anywhere you feel is nice, decent, and affordable. you got a car right? then findin' the right people and connects is no problem.

you say you into music? i highly doubt that you will walk down the block and find someone you gonna do music with. this isn't like the movies...lol

my label, started out in Cypress, CA. we got labemates from Santa Ana, Pasadena, Compton, Long Beach, Las Vegas, South Central, Hawthorne, Glendale, Chicago, Harrisburg. and yes, about half of them are black.

but to answer your question specifically...try Gardena, Hawthorne, Inglewood. they all have black people livin' there, is close to LA (15 minutes max), and is generally cheaper than LA

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 2:52 pm

I thought somebody said before the Gardena was more expensive because its nicer than LA?

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 3:39 pm

I was lookin at a map and wouldnt Pasadena be less expensive than Hawthorne and Gardena? And its also closer to city of LA too rite?

Is Pasadena like LA and have any LA people in it. What are the bigest number of races there?

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 24th, 2004, 4:19 pm

I did some research and it seems like Gardena is cheaper than Hawthorne or Pasadena and is close to LA. Most websites said rented apartments were about $700-$800. Do yall agree that this is a good price and a good city to live in?

Hawthornes cheapest apartment prices were around 800-900$. Im not sure if these areas are the hood parts or not so please sombody tell me.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”