What is and where is the San Gabriel Valley?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

What is and where is the San Gabriel Valley?

Unread post by alexalonso » July 28th, 2004, 1:48 am

The san Gabriel Valley is a collection of seveal cities north east of the city of Los Angeles within the County of LA. It contains 30 cities and five un-incorporated communities. If you are not sure if you post is in the correct section see the map at the following link. All the cities are on the map.

http://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/
Attachments
sgvcogmap.gif
sgvcogmap.gif (52.67 KiB) Viewed 16818 times
Last edited by alexalonso on August 9th, 2006, 1:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: What is and where is the San Gabriel Valley

Unread post by RuthlessCray » July 28th, 2004, 4:12 pm

is claremont really SGV? i always thought that is IE..i think there was a gang called claremont rifa 13 and they claimed IE...
Last edited by RuthlessCray on September 2nd, 2013, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 28th, 2004, 7:08 pm

RuthlessBone wrote:is claremont really SGV? i always thought that is IE..i think their was a gang called claremont rifa 13 and they claimed IE...
CMR ClaraMonte (Claremont) is in fact still Sur Gangster Valley, however MCR MonteClara (Montclair) is definitely Insane Empire.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Re: What is and where is the San Gabriel Valley?

Unread post by sickside » December 19th, 2008, 7:38 pm

lonewolf is rit on that

sgv...pomona, EM, azuza, west co, la punta and so forth

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 21st, 2009, 1:07 pm

That's true for the SGV cities, but many of them also can be considered in the IE, the definition of IE is broad and varies.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » January 25th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Coming back on this about 5 years later (lol) we now know that Claremont 1st did in fact claim IxE and not SGV even though they're in LA county. Small old varrio pretty much all gone now though.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 282828 » May 15th, 2009, 7:57 pm

anything after pomona is ie. anything north of whittier is sgv and anything east of east la is sgv.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 26th, 2010, 7:40 pm

RuthlessCray wrote:is claremont really SGV? i always thought that is IE..i think their was a gang called claremont rifa 13 and they claimed IE...

I dont think that anything section on the LA County side would be considered Inland Empire. My guess is that you have to cross into either San Bernardino or Riverside Counties to be in the IE

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » April 15th, 2012, 7:49 pm

alexalonso wrote:
RuthlessCray wrote:is claremont really SGV? i always thought that is IE..i think their was a gang called claremont rifa 13 and they claimed IE...

I dont think that anything section on the LA County side would be considered Inland Empire. My guess is that you have to cross into either San Bernardino or Riverside Counties to be in the IE

This is true with the one exception of Claremont which is LA county, which was home to Claremont Rifa First Street Gang. They repped Inland Empire. The whole Pomona area is caught in between because it's not quite IE and not quite SGV but it is LA county. So the Chicano varrios there rep SGV. But there has been other non-traditional cliques throughout the area that just repped Pomona or IE.Image
Last edited by RuthlessCray on August 18th, 2013, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » June 26th, 2012, 1:20 am

RuthlessCray wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

This is true with the one exception of Claremont which is LA county, which was home to Claremont Rifa First Street Gang. They repped Inland Empire. The whole Pomona area is caught in between because it's not quite IE and not quite SGV but it is LA county. So the Chicano varrios their rep SGV. But theirs been other non-traditional cliques throughout the area that just repped Pomona or IE.Image
No hoods in POMONA ever rep. IE, IE and Pomona don't even like each other..mostly because 12st ..back in the days..there was only one high school in the area..Pomona went there..and Ontairo and chino..12st..BA ..CSR..all hated each other ..but before CSR and BA went at it hard before the truce..12ST..was CSR main rival..as well as BA..and 12 went at it with RCK..(rancho cucamonga kings)..even tho its just 12st..been a hatred towards Pomona..when ever there was a football game for Gary or Pomona high in Ontario..always fights in the end..you could heard .."FUCK POMONA"..AND "FUCK ONTARIO"..i know good amount of cats from Pomona..that have no love for IE.. ...if there is one hood that might rep I.E. and maybe even SGV,,don't know for sure..never have known to be real...it would be vCOUNTY LINE...they are on the border of Chino and Pomona...been there since early 2000's...still there I think, don't really know....not that many know about them..but I remember they had like 30-40 members in the start..and had that area on lock ..even tho its not that many streets at all..
but besides that..La Vern has La Vern 1st STREET Gang..i don't know if you got it confused or they both use 1st..
I ran into a fool from clarmont..he rep just CLAREMONT RIFA...i don't know that much about them..but he never said no first street..he was kinda just whatevers..
but I worked with a fool from La Vern..he said ..there was La Vernx3..but it broke into two different hoods..and beef it now.and beef it with WSP because i guess they tried to make a click up there..besides there regular rival SDX3..but one is La Vern 1st STREET..The other hood was "TK..somthing LA VERNx3"...it was TROUBLES-(something) in English....H was older too..early 30's..G-out..but he didn't talk that much...just here and there...that's all what I remember..

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 30th, 2013, 1:53 pm

another firme ass old thread ^

cool ass flicka too

"Claremont Rifa First Street Gang. They repped Inland Empire"

thats crazy ^ you'd think they'd want to claim L.A. county ... SGV car. i dont understand their logic

one more thing

* Montebello varrios do NOT claim SGV, they claim East Side

once again proving what i've alwyas said ...

real gang members do not need to get the city or county to approve & sign off on what they choose to call themselves :lol:

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » August 18th, 2013, 3:08 pm

sickside wrote:
RuthlessCray wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

This is true with the one exception of Claremont which is LA county, which was home to Claremont Rifa First Street Gang. They repped Inland Empire. The whole Pomona area is caught in between because it's not quite IE and not quite SGV but it is LA county. So the Chicano varrios their rep SGV. But theirs been other non-traditional cliques throughout the area that just repped Pomona or IE.Image
No hoods in POMONA ever rep. IE, IE and Pomona don't even like each other..mostly because 12st ..back in the days..there was only one high school in the area..Pomona went there..and Ontairo and chino..12st..BA ..CSR..all hated each other ..but before CSR and BA went at it hard before the truce..12ST..was CSR main rival..as well as BA..and 12 went at it with RCK..(rancho cucamonga kings)..even tho its just 12st..been a hatred towards Pomona..when ever there was a football game for Gary or Pomona high in Ontario..always fights in the end..you could heard .."FUCK POMONA"..AND "FUCK ONTARIO"..i know good amount of cats from Pomona..that have no love for IE.. ...if there is one hood that might rep I.E. and maybe even SGV,,don't know for sure..never have known to be real...it would be vCOUNTY LINE...they are on the border of Chino and Pomona...been there since early 2000's...still there I think, don't really know....not that many know about them..but I remember they had like 30-40 members in the start..and had that area on lock ..even tho its not that many streets at all..
but besides that..La Vern has La Vern 1st STREET Gang..i don't know if you got it confused or they both use 1st..
I ran into a fool from clarmont..he rep just CLAREMONT RIFA...i don't know that much about them..but he never said no first street..he was kinda just whatevers..
but I worked with a fool from La Vern..he said ..there was La Vernx3..but it broke into two different hoods..and beef it now.and beef it with WSP because i guess they tried to make a click up there..besides there regular rival SDX3..but one is La Vern 1st STREET..The other hood was "TK..somthing LA VERNx3"...it was TROUBLES-(something) in English....H was older too..early 30's..G-out..but he didn't talk that much...just here and there...that's all what I remember..

Im not saying Pomona reps IE. I'm saying Claremont does/did. A few CMR members confirmed this on another forum. Although CMR's hood is technically in LA county , some of its original turf stretched into Upland and in their early years they supposedly had ties with Montclair (MCR), before the beef started.

It may be a bit strange but its helpful to understand that IE- Inland Empire- is more of a region than it is a particular county. There's places in San bernardino County and Riverside county , way out in the desert that are absolutely NOT IE.

Pomona, Claremont,Montclair, Upland, Ontario etc are all within the same area and as you know, at one time everybody went to the same schools and knew each other or beefed with each other. So its safe to say they're all from the same region.

As for Pomona not claiming IE, like I said, only a few NON- traditional cliques in Pomona have repped IE. The established Pomona varrios all rep SGV, maybe due to jail politics or whatever, but one could probably make the argument that Pomona isn't really in the actual San Gabriel Valley region..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 1st, 2013, 1:05 am

I always thought Pomona was SGV

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 1st, 2013, 3:30 pm

alexalonso wrote:I always thought Pomona was SGV
They Pomona, is SGV. I have known/met vatos from all varrios in Pomona, not one has ever claimed ie.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 1st, 2013, 4:51 pm

If we're talking gangs, then Pomona is most definitely SGV.

If we're talking geography, then it's debatable.

I like the way wiki puts it here:
Whittier, like Montebello, is considered both a San Gabriel Valley city and part of the Gateway Cities region.[3] Some of Whittier sits below the Puente Hills. Although these hills are small compared to the San Gabriel Mountains, the fact that most of the city sits around them makes Whittier a San Gabriel Valley city. This is similar to Montebello, which is a member of the Gateway Cities Council of Governments, despite geographically being part of the San Gabriel Valley.[4]

San Dimas, Claremont, Pomona, Diamond Bar, and La Verne are adjacent to the San Gabriel Valley, and although are properly considered part of the Pomona Valley, they are also commonly considered[3] part of the San Gabriel Valley. The 57 Freeway (Orange Freeway) is generally considered[3] the dividing line between the Pomona and San Gabriel Valleys. However, for statistical and economic development purposes, the County of Los Angeles generally includes these five cities as part of the San Gabriel Valley.[3] The community of El Sereno, in the city of Los Angeles, is situated at the westernmost edge of the Valley.
So as we can see, technically we have some places(Whittier, Montebello) that are within the SGV but gangs there don't rep SGV and we have some places that rep SGV which are technically not in the SGV or on the border but the gangs there rep SGV.

Not everything is so simple, black or white.

I remember I tripped out when I saw Pomona Sur Olive st hit up SGV 909.

909, in my mind, has always been synonymous with the Inland Empire, just like 213 is with LA or 818 with SFV, but yet we have a few Pomona varrios repping SGV 909. Which illustrates my point. Pomona and Claremont are in that gray area.
But it sort of goes back to what MARTINEZ said about real gang members calling themselves/claiming what they want.
Last edited by RuthlessCray on October 4th, 2013, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 1st, 2013, 10:30 pm

"But there has been other non-traditional cliques throughout the area that just repped Pomona or IE."

I'm curious, which ones?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 1st, 2013, 10:51 pm

Sorry Oso, it has been some years, but I do remember little cliques / party crews/ taggers that tried repping IE or both SGV and IE. I never really took note of non traditional cliques because they normally don't last. I can't even think of a single crew at the moment. when I said non traditional, I meant cliques that were not bonafide Sureno street gangs.

Hope nobody gets me twisted here, I am NOT saying Pomona Varrios claim IE. Never have. That's why I said ''Non Traditional Cliques" not gangs, or varrios.

So does vCounty Line claim SGV?.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 2nd, 2013, 12:28 pm

"when I said non traditional, I meant cliques that were not bonafide Sureno street gangs."

OK, now that makes sense.

"So does vCounty Line claim SGV?"

County Line Marijuanos. I haven't heard that in a long time. I use to see their hit ups all along Pipeline st. which is the dividing point of Pomona and Chino.

I've only met one vato from County Line.

I.E. or SGV, I never knew what they claimed.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 3rd, 2013, 12:56 am

I'd just be interested in what a gang that literally claims the county border as their hood would claim.

As far as I know, most homegrown black hoods in Pomona just claim Pomona. Not SGV or anything else.

DNice
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: nah

Unread post by DNice » September 4th, 2013, 2:05 am

I remember that Claremont hood..the lost a lot of it to all those colleges built over there..they have 1 block they are off Claremont blvd...Claremont is the 2nd safest city in the country..but yet no less then a few seconds away is POMONA..which is out of control right now..murder rate is ridiculous this year

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 4th, 2013, 5:21 am

DNice wrote:I remember that Claremont hood..the lost a lot of it to all those colleges built over there..they have 1 block they are off Claremont blvd...Claremont is the 2nd safest city in the country..but yet no less then a few seconds away is POMONA..which is out of control right now..murder rate is ridiculous this year
A lot of people think that but it's not true. Claremont has always been a couple of streets. 1st, blanchard st, and behind the park brooks st. there lived maybe 2 or 3 members from cm.

Real small area with small numbers. Many years ago, there use to be a little store on the north, east corner of 1 st (now Huntington) and Mills (Now Claremont Blvd) That small shack still exists. As a matter of fact, that's it in the pic posted above.

Hamo1994
What city do you live in now?: Pomona

Unread post by Hamo1994 » April 29th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Actually Pomona Claremont are considered inland empire if you read inland empire it's say it's consist eastern parts of la county of 909 in geographic its in the IE/inland valley n Pomona valley is one of the many valleys of the ie n you really read closely about sgv it says Pomona Claremont la Verne are adjacent to it means next to. only the Mexican varrios claim SGV.

angfsgv
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Glendora

Unread post by angfsgv » August 25th, 2017, 2:42 am

SGV- Pasadena, Altadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte, Bradbury, Irwindale, Azusa, Glendora, Covina, West Covina, La Puente, Industry, Bassett, Valinda, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, El Monte, Baldwin Park, South El Monte, Rosemead, San Gabriel, Temple City, South San Gabriel, Alhambra, Monterey Park, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South Pasadena.

Pomona, Claremont, San Dimas, La Verne, Diamond Bar, and Walnut (the LA county 909 cities) can be considered the "Pomona Valley" (the IE is technically Montclair, Chino, Chino Hills, Corona, Norco, Eastvale, Rubidoux, Riverside, Moreno Valley, Perris, Ontario, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Bloomington, Rialto, Colton, San Bernardino, Muscoy, Devore, Redlands, Loma Linda, Grand Terrace, Highland, Yucaipa, and Calimesa, basically the cities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties that aren't in the desert or the mountains, hence "inland").

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » March 17th, 2019, 4:42 pm

I was in the area earlier today so I drove around the Claremonte hood. Hard to imagine any gang activity can exist there today.

By the park, there’s a white fence/gate where you can tell someone wrote CMR 1st gang even though it’s buffed. Still wasn’t worth a pic.

The shack from that old picture posted above is still there but not as a shack. Everything is now well kept, clean and remodeled.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”