At what age did you start to represent your gang?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

At what age did you start to represent your gang?

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 30th, 2003, 3:56 pm

I would like to know to any gang members or ex-gang members at what age did you really start to rep your gang and put in work? For me it was age 12, when I started to slang and ride on other gangs.

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: At what age did you start to represent your gang?

Unread post by wed » July 30th, 2003, 4:52 pm

no doubt, I also was 12 when i started to really put in work.

MID TOWN

Unread post by MID TOWN » July 30th, 2003, 8:44 pm

14 but im threw with that junk now, tryna do this music junk

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 1st, 2003, 1:37 am

i started claiming east coast in elementary because my mother, father , aunties, uncles, was from east coast in then in 1995 my cousin which was 15 was killed i was only 13 that same night i got put on by 3 guys way bigger then me 4 ten minutes in two seconds that same night after we left mlk martin luther king hospital we went riding 4 my cousin

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 5th, 2003, 7:23 am

i did my first dirts in 1979 but that was not for the set lolol my hood was full of white boys back in those years i remember compton as a nice suburn ,it was in 1985 that i got jump in the set 86 was the year of my first victim may god bless him and his family ,87 was the year i went loco got busted ,88 was violent i started kick boxing competitions won few fights ,89 got busted and decided to change my life i started boxing on a pro level and went to thailand ...90 was all about money and boxing ...91 92 93 boxing ,army and travel 94 back in the hood 95 ,96,97,98,99,00 got busted over a murder i didn't have nothing to do with ,gang unit described me ass an og from southside who was slangin'crystals that the youngster did some killings for me ... they found a shot gun in my house and filled a false expertise report that my shotgun was used in a walk by,my lawyer did a 5 counter expertise and got me out ... now i have enuf of l.a because once you were labeled as a gangmember whatever you do in your life it will stick to your ass ,and if i stay in my hood and them youngster kill someone wich is comon ..then the popo will just take their majic jackson ass gangfile and find a nigga that match the description like a magician take a rabit out of a hat ....

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 5th, 2003, 12:25 pm

Once the police know you, they always try their best to take you down, every little opportuinity they try to pin it on you.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 5th, 2003, 1:56 pm

Hey yo, please remember this is a public board and a few crimes have no statue of limitations. Ip addresses are easily tracked. God forgives a lot easier than men. Peace.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 5th, 2003, 3:01 pm

wcrockets wrote:Hey yo, please remember this is a public board and a few crimes have no statue of limitations. Ip addresses are easily tracked. God forgives a lot easier than men. Peace.
True that homie, but when your times up, it's up... so I don't really worry.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 5th, 2003, 5:00 pm

between the ages of 9 - 15 is when a youngster will strat to represent a neighborhood.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 29th, 2003, 6:26 pm

Man Alonso, why is it about the neighborhoods ? Arent there gangs that are not based in territory ? Like i understand a gang by a group of people armed that identify themselves under one name, couldnt there be a gang formed by people from different neighborhoods going through Los Angeles and without a territory ?

KIR !

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » December 1st, 2003, 11:05 am

i was 8 years old...my two older brothers were already deep in it and i rolled with them...by 9 i was wearin red from head to toe....by 10 i was selling crack and by age 11 i was already on my way to juvenile hall and YA for gang related activity...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 1st, 2003, 3:54 pm

Whew! Dang Tatta that is really hardcore. I hope you coming around to the light. There's about five of you here that could write a book for sure. I'm looking for happy endings though so feel me on that. Peace.

5xLoC

Unread post by 5xLoC » December 5th, 2003, 10:02 am

at age 12 i was already raisin hell

wasup TusliC!!! its me QwiCCshoTT

baby-freeze

Unread post by baby-freeze » December 6th, 2003, 7:41 pm

man im 13 and i rep my set like that cuzz im 13 and mo work in then most bg ni66as 4sho man im up loc

CC A-drive crip gang man its on yall[/i][/b]

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » December 7th, 2003, 1:53 pm

baby-freeze wrote:man im 13 and i rep my set like that "i like net bangin" im 13 and mo work in then most bg ni66as 4sho man im up loc

CC A-drive crip gang man its on yall[/i][/b]
that has got to be the most pitiful statement i have seen here yet

if this is your true aspiration then you are in for a world of rude awakenings...go to school and read a book youngsta

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 7th, 2003, 2:38 pm

thanks tatta..you took the words right out of my mouth....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 8th, 2003, 5:32 am

WELL ITS A YOUNG HOMIE DONT BE TOO RUDE WITH HIM YALL NEVER WAS YOUNG :wink: PEACE LIL HOMIE , ITS TRUE THAT KNOWLEDGE IS THE BEST WEAPON ...ANYWAY I'M NOT HERE TO JUGE U KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND STAY TRUE YOUNG HOMIE .

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » December 8th, 2003, 3:18 pm

bein real aint bein rude BG...the youngsta made a stupid statement (my opinion maybe)...yea i was young too but i would give my life at this point to have had someone step to me with a reality check about my thoughts when i had my chest poked out and thought i was hard at age 13..woulda saved me a whole lotta pain
when i see a youngsta in my hood that is tryna get into the game i check him...i thump that nigga in the chest til he beg me to stop...i do it every time i see him...and will continue to do so...some get the message and some dont...i know all too well that not everyone can be saved and some will get harder and harder everytime i push but for every one that gets harder there are 4 that get wise and find somethin else to do with their lives
its my job as a big homeboy to keep it real and let these youngstas know that aint shit good about bangin...i aint finna pump they heads up and have them roll with me...what kinda nigga would that make me?

one mo time baby-freeze...read a book nigga and stop dreamin about hood fame

baby-freeze

Unread post by baby-freeze » December 8th, 2003, 3:28 pm

man cuzz if you was born in this shit you would see were im coming from my mom and dad is dead and were locs nigga you cant tell me sh** i put work in nigga and i got respect at the age of 13 and money to i got mathafu### sisters to take care of man all my brothers is in SS A-drive cc so tell that stuff to them and see what they do

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » December 8th, 2003, 4:47 pm

baby-freeze wrote:man "i like net bangin" if you was born in this @$%* you would see were im coming from my mom and dad is dead and were locs nigga you cant tell me sh** i put work in nigga and i got respect at the age of 13 and money to i got mathafu### sisters to take care of man all my brothers is in SS A-drive cc so tell that stuff to them and see what they do
i was born into this game too youngsta...you ain't special...me and 23829324 otha niggas that came before you were "born" into the game...it don't give you any kind of badge of honor
you want respect??? go to school...get good grades...graduate...get a job...then help others that are just like you right now
i don't care where you are from...who your sisters are...who your brothers are and mostly i don't care what you THINK your brothers could or would do to me youngsta...man up and wake up nigga...this ain't a game boy...this is life...you need to be thankful that someone has taken the time out to tell you the real
anyone can "bang" online homie...just another cyber clown if you ask me...get your education...form a complete and proper sentence and THEN come holla my way...
you ain't no gangsta nigga...you a baby...and you need to get yo mind right

5xLoC

Unread post by 5xLoC » December 8th, 2003, 10:16 pm

on the real

dont think u anythng special lil loc
cuz theres plenty of us, that grew up the same situation
whether you on the blue team or the other side
i was BORN in this drama too cuhz
my whole family is in this

u lost ure mom & dad?

i never had mine, i grew up group home to group home, homeless, and livin with homegurlz of mine, my youth was rough too
cuz mama aint love me, and i hardly knew my father, never spent time w/ him

now im a grown-ass man
finally making a change

i had respect at your same age
cuz im from a notorios family, but dont think u special cuz u claimin
at a young age, it aint nothin to be proud of
i look back each day and think, damn i wish there was a better way

you remind me so damn much of myself
that i could go on and on for days, tryna convince u to get right

but i cant judge you, so ce safe lil homie

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 8th, 2003, 11:13 pm

How do you go to sleep knowing you took someone elses gift of life just so you could prove a stupid point of how tough you and your set is?

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » December 8th, 2003, 11:38 pm

invincible - some people dont have the choice to take or not to take another life...me not bein a gangbanger but coming from a country of anarchy and everyday chaos, i can tell u, sometimes u gotta take a life or u gonna have your life taken...ive been in a do or die situation before in my life and i'm still alive, so u do the math...

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » December 11th, 2003, 9:38 am

Invincible wrote:How do you go to sleep knowing you took someone elses gift of life just so you could prove a stupid point of how tough you and your set is?
who said anythang about taking a life? and to further address your question rarely is a gang related murder simlpy a way to "prove a stupid point of how tough you and your set is"...nearly all murders are senseless...in every one that occurs someone is left behind in pain...but in these streets it's all about survival and a good 75% of the killing that goes on in the hood you will never see on tv or in the paper...because it is G killin G...a game of survival...i don't aim to justify it in any means i just thought you could use a little bit better understanding

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » December 11th, 2003, 10:27 am

big ups to Tatta for speaking up. Only way to get some change going is to show and prove. Peace...

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » December 16th, 2003, 3:15 pm

I can only hope all the lil homies on my block and in my hood listened to me when I told 'em to stay outta trouble since I could tell they look up to me.
This goes out to Devaughn, Chevon, Zaire, Ladarian (aka Duke) and Nigel -- STAY IN SCHOOL!!

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » February 12th, 2004, 10:23 am

i started late 16 i started gettin deep more of because its like how you guys from los angeles say any one can be a crip there well here any one can be a blood. i didnt want to be mainstream with them fools also my cousins banged blue

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » February 12th, 2004, 10:53 am

i started saggin at the age of 11, despite the numerous amount of warnings and beatings from my mom's but, i only pointed the finger to my step dad who was slangin and bangin at the age of 40. i told her make him stop and i'll stop. of course it didn't. i was courted on the hood in 89
at 12 and so goes the story up until 2001. that's almost half of my life
waisted. a dead homie aint brought nothin but more death, and sorrow to his own household. now i belong to TO THE GOD OF THE LIVING!!!

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » February 12th, 2004, 10:53 am

i started saggin at the age of 11, despite the numerous amount of warnings and beatings from my mom's but, i only pointed the finger to my step dad who was slangin and bangin at the age of 40. i told her make him stop and i'll stop. of course it didn't. i was courted on the hood in 89
at 12 and so goes the story up until 2001. that's almost half of my life
waisted. a dead homie aint brought nothin but more death, and sorrow to his own household. now i belong to TO THE GOD OF THE LIVING!!!

Pasa
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pasa » February 12th, 2004, 11:09 am

SINCE MY EARLY CHILDHOOD I WAS RUNNIN ROUND with MY GD OLDER COUSINS WHEN I LIVED IN CHICAGO. EXPOSED TO EVERYTHING FROM DRUGS TO MURDER. CAME TO CALI (TO GET OUTTA TROUBLE) AND FOUND TROUBLE WHEN MY FAMILY MOVED TO INGLEWOOD. NO PUN INTENDED. FOUGHT EVERYDAY CUZZ LIFE IS LIKE THAT OUT THERE. MOVED TO LA IN GEER GANG HOOD. WAS GOIN THRU IT THERE TOO. LONG STORY SHORTENED I FINALLY ENDED UP IN DENA AND STARTED CRIPPIN OFFICIALLY SINCE ABOUT 94. I WAS ABOUT 16 8)
Last edited by Pasa on March 17th, 2004, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » February 12th, 2004, 11:21 am

i was 8 when started ti reo the hood and when i was 10 i just went around
fightin and stapin fools the homies never wanted to put a gun in my hane kuz they thought i was to krazy they said putin a gun in my hand is like sayin here go to jail killjoy i know im dumb ebuff to just start bustin in day light over some stupid sh-t im real paranoid so if i even see a car
full a niggas and they look at me i feel i have the right to kill em thats just how i think

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » February 12th, 2004, 1:02 pm

been around it my whole life... dad, aunts, uncles, cousins were from the set... so I was "born" in so to speak... I started out as a runner and a lookout when I was 8-9yrs old slowly progressed to other types of work til I was courted in summer of 1990 I was 11

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”