Santa Monica 13

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Santa Monica 13

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 3rd, 2004, 7:15 pm

I always though the gang was called SM17th St. but Ive been hearing that 17th St. is actually a click and that 17th St. has smaller clickas called the Locos, Tiny Locos and the Pee Wee Locos. I thought they were regular clickas along with Lil Locos and 11th St Chavos.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Santa Monica 13

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 3rd, 2004, 8:39 pm

SM13 and SM17 are two different gangs altogether, they both have locos cliques and SM13 sometimes puts up SMxLS, but 17ST will always use SM17... SM17 is by far the deepest of the two, however SM13 according to the grapevine is trying to make a comeback.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 3rd, 2004, 9:28 pm

I knew their was a Santa Monica Locos gang but arent they named after SM Blvd and have nothing to do with the city of Santa Monica?

So 17th St is not a clicka but part of the actual varrio name.
Santa Monica 17th Street

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » August 18th, 2004, 4:07 pm

There's two varrios in Santa Monica right now, Santa Monica 13 Lil Locos and Santa Monica 17th Street. They are very close and outsiders view them as one big gang. Both write SM13 and SMG to show solidarity.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 18th, 2004, 10:23 pm

Thanks ese, know I see how that works.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » August 18th, 2004, 10:40 pm

they have a 16st click to

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 19th, 2004, 8:35 pm

Silencioso wrote:There's two varrios in Santa Monica right now, Santa Monica 13 Lil Locos and Santa Monica 17th Street. They are very close and outsiders view them as one big gang. Both write SM13 and SMG to show solidarity.
Are you positive about SM17 using SM13 ? Would'nt that be like re-surrectiing a dying Barrio and then using its name as opposed to your own name, I'll go along with both using nowadays SMG to unify themselves under one SM Barrio, and both using the 13 to denote that they are Sureños "under" their Barrio initials, but if I understand you correctLY SM17 now uses SM13 ?

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » December 10th, 2005, 3:14 am

Anyone heard of the first clickas of santa monica>?

I believe it was TOMATO GANG,Creepers,Cobras..baby cobras..then the number streets popped up

these where wayyy wayy back in the days like the 50's^^^

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » December 10th, 2005, 3:50 am

lonewolf wrote:SM13 and SM17 are two different gangs altogether, they both have locos cliques and SM13 sometimes puts up SMxLS, but 17ST will always use SM17... SM17 is by far the deepest of the two, however SM13 according to the grapevine is trying to make a comeback.
Santa Monicas are no where to be seen. They get smashed on by shoreline.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 5th, 2006, 5:33 pm

There was a gang in Santa Monica back in the 50's called the Buzzards. They had whites and Mexicans and were on the East Side of SM, mostly.
There was a gang called the Dragons a few years earlier in Ocean Park.

Santa 13 started in the 60's. That's the predessesor of SM 17th and the rest.

FLACO TSTX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FLACO TSTX3 » February 7th, 2007, 2:13 am

MIDTOWN SB wrote:they have a 16st click to

YEAH 16ST IS ONE OF THE ORGINAL CLICKS OF SANTA MONICA GANG.
BEFORE THE 17TH STREET CLICK CAME ALONG.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 26th, 2007, 1:57 am

I always thought that 17th Street was a click of Santa Monica 13.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » September 26th, 2007, 10:37 am

Santa Monica, 17th Street. SM 17. They never use the 17 and 13 at the same time. Well I should say I've never seen it like this: SM 17 13

SM13 is a different gang.

Santa Monica had a bunch of different gangs back in the day - and I don't think they ever became one. SM 13 leads you to beleive they run all of SM, but SM 17 is an entirely different gang from SM 13.

I think Venice was the opposite, there were several Venice gangs like the Dukes, Hazards and then I think they all united as Venice Grande. Then later, simply V13.

I'm guessing. Somone school me.

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 5th, 2007, 10:26 pm

MesqFlaco wrote:Santa Monica, 17th Street. SM 17. They never use the 17 and 13 at the same time. Well I should say I've never seen it like this: SM 17 13

SM13 is a different gang.

Santa Monica had a bunch of different gangs back in the day - and I don't think they ever became one. SM 13 leads you to beleive they run all of SM, but SM 17 is an entirely different gang from SM 13.

I think Venice was the opposite, there were several Venice gangs like the Dukes, Hazards and then I think they all united as Venice Grande. Then later, simply V13.

I'm guessing. Somone school me.
Sorry, man ... you got some info wrong on SMG. There are a few different clicks of SM and there are sometimes beef between them, but when it comes down to it, it's all SMG. SM13 Lil Locos, and SM17 is SM 17th Street, also known as SMPWLS or Pee Wee Locos. There used to be an 11th St click too, but only Veteranos are in that now ... last I heard, they weren't recruiting anymore or even letting people get down with 11th street -- one of my homeboy's older brother was from 11th street, and they put him on 13 but wouldn't put him on 11th. SM 17 is DEFINITELY NOT an entirely seperate gang from SM 13. The Santa Monica Varrio has been around since at least the 60s .... i've seen a picture of SM 13 hit up in cement in 1964. SM is one of the 4 original Westside Varrios (CxC, Vx3, and Sotel being the other 3).

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 5th, 2007, 10:29 pm

FLACO TSTX3 wrote:
MIDTOWN SB wrote:they have a 16st click to

YEAH 16ST IS ONE OF THE ORGINAL CLICKS OF SANTA MONICA GANG.
BEFORE THE 17TH STREET CLICK CAME ALONG.
16th Street is not part of the Santa Monica Gang. 16th Street is an entirely seperate CREW. It's in the same neighborhood, and there are family connections, and often times people from 16th will get put on the hood (meaning SMG), but 16th and SMG are two different things. The only current clicks of SM are 13 and 17.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » December 6th, 2007, 7:58 am

Santa Monica Pequenos 17 is what I know of. At the time I was in LA they were beefing with a few older member of the SM 13 gang.... and by beefing I mean fist fighting, not killing/shooting - because SM is SM.

That's what made me think there was not enough common ground between the two to make one big SMG 13 gang. Plus I always thought of 17 as the youngsters and 13 as the vets, so old school fighting new school isn't anything new.

All said and done, TO ME, if youngsters go one way other than directly to SM13 - they should be viewed as a different gang. Not to say they don't click up to fight rival neighborhoods or anything, just have different leadership/structure from the older homies.

They are 2 independent gangs that click up against rival neighborhoods. Again, only my opinion.

Thanks for the info B-1.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » December 6th, 2007, 12:41 pm

The Santa Monica gang structure is a little confusing. SM 17th, SM Lil' Locos and SM 11th are different cliques of the same Varrio or different gangs that are tight and share the sam area name. It's basically however you want to look at it.

16th Street was a whole different thing. They never wrote SM, just 16 St.

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 6th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Silencioso wrote:The Santa Monica gang structure is a little confusing. SM 17th, SM Lil' Locos and SM 11th are different cliques of the same Varrio or different gangs that are tight and share the sam area name. It's basically however you want to look at it.

16th Street was a whole different thing. They never wrote SM, just 16 St.
that's what I was trying to say, but I think you said it a lot more clearly than I did.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 6th, 2007, 2:28 pm

So what yall are saying is Santa Monica is similar to
-Pacoima
-Maravilla

Claim the same area but different gangs.

I always look at Santa Monica being one Gang/Varrio with different clicks/blocks/hang out spots they label.

Santa Monica

enemies
-Venice 13
-Sotel 13
-Culver City Boys

Best believe Venice/Sotel/Culver City look at Santa Monica as Santa Monica

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 6th, 2007, 2:29 pm

So what yall are saying is Santa Monica is similar to
-Pacoima
-Maravilla

Claim the same area but different gangs.

I always look at Santa Monica being one Gang/Varrio with different clicks/blocks/hang out spots they label.

Santa Monica

enemies
-Venice 13
-Sotel 13
-Culver City Boys
-Grave Yard Crips

Best believe Venice/Sotel/Culver City look at Santa Monica as Santa Monica

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » December 6th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Santa Monica is Santa Monica. It is 1 gang with different clicks ...

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » December 6th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Thats what i thought.

I bumped into one Santa Monica years ago.

He shaved his eye brows.

Santa on one side Monica on the other.

------------------------

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » January 2nd, 2008, 11:20 am

B_One wrote:Santa Monica is Santa Monica. It is 1 gang with different clicks ...
Again, a matter of opinion. The 2 SM barrios are those that affiliate with the Pico neighborhood and then those that affiliate with the 17th street area. Both can be found at the Pico Center along where I've met both.

I can see where outsiders would see 2 clicks of 1 gang but I see them as 2 gangs in 1 city - based on TALKING TO THEM.

I'm not going to act like XXX and say my opinions are fact, because it sounds like nobody in SM is on this thread, so until there is one to set us all straight - you can think and say WHATEVER you want.

I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense (TO ME) to consider them all 1 gang.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » January 2nd, 2008, 11:20 am

B_One wrote:Santa Monica is Santa Monica. It is 1 gang with different clicks ...
Again, a matter of opinion. The 2 SM barrios are those that affiliate with the Pico neighborhood and then those that affiliate with the 17th street area. Both can be found at the Pico Center along where I've met both.

I can see where outsiders would see 2 clicks of 1 gang but I see them as 2 gangs in 1 city - based on TALKING TO THEM.

I'm not going to act like XXX and say my opinions are fact, because it sounds like nobody in SM is on this thread, so until there is one to set us all straight - you can think and say WHATEVER you want.

I'm just saying, it doesn't make sense (TO ME) to consider them all 1 gang.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » January 2nd, 2008, 12:16 pm

All this crap about 2 SMs, never heard of it.

West L.A Barrios
Sotel 13
Venice 13
Culver City Boys
Santa Monica

thats it thats all

Sotel vs Santa Monica

Venice vs Culver City

been like this for decades.................

think about how small the Pico Area is

two Chicano gangs in that area, no way

they would be at each othres throats

they got there different blocks and clicks going

--------------------

Santa Monica has two gangs
-Grave Yard Crips
-Varrio Santa Monica

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MesqFlaco » January 2nd, 2008, 12:51 pm

Cool. Your opinion has been noted.

My opinion is; there are no Grave Yards anymore or they are now inactive. I have yet to hear of them making any kind of noise in SM = at SAMOHI, Promeneade or the Pier.

They haven't been active in along time. So I will scratch them off my list along with Helms St.

See, we can normal conversation.

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » January 3rd, 2008, 11:29 am

Graveyard is not inactive. They are small, but they are still beefin with SMG on a regular basis.

SMG is 1 gang. 17th street Pee Wee Locos is a click. Whoever said there are 2 gangs, 1 that affiliates with Pico Neighborhood and one that affiliates with 17th Street, is WRONG. 17th Street is part of the Pico Neigbhorhood. SMG and GYC are both active in the Pico Neighborhood. The Pico Neighborhood extends from 11th Street to Stewart, from the 10 Freeway to Pico.

There is only 1 Latino gang in Santa Monica. SMG is one of the original 4 WS varrios.

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » January 3rd, 2008, 11:32 am

Graveyard is not inactive. They are small, but they are still beefin with SMG on a regular basis.

SMG is 1 gang. 17th street Pee Wee Locos is a click. Whoever said there are 2 gangs, 1 that affiliates with Pico Neighborhood and one that affiliates with 17th Street, is WRONG. 17th Street is part of the Pico Neigbhorhood. SMG and GYC are both active in the Pico Neighborhood. The Pico Neighborhood extends from 11th Street to Stewart, from the 10 Freeway to Pico.

There is only 1 Latino gang in Santa Monica. SMG is one of the original 4 WS varrios.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 3rd, 2008, 12:58 pm

I think I'm the closest to a Santa monica resident on here. I grew up near that Varrio. It's always had distinct neighborhood based cliques, originally SM 17th and SM 11th then SM Lil' Locos.SM 11th Street is gone and SM Lil' Locos is very small but still active. Outsiders and enemies view them as one big gang and attack memebers of both cliques. But insiders know there's a difference Their realationship is similar to the various Pacas hoods I think. Kind of a gray area between clikas of one gang and separate gangs that share a common area name.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » January 3rd, 2008, 7:08 pm

I never heard Santa Monica had more then one Latino Gang.

Your right, i dont think their enemies know either.

Let me ask this, do they all have the same Veteranos they respect/look up too?

Are you saying a Vet that lives on 17th.st is not looked at as the Big homie to a youngster banging 11th.st or what other streets they claim?

If their Vets are the same, their gang is the same.

you would think the Vets in the area would pull them under the same umbrella.

Has their been any internal Wars?

Pacoima is just an area with multiple gangs, similar to Maravilla

i have a hard time swallowing that Santa Monica is similar to Pacas & MV.

------------------------

The Pico Neighborhood
Santa Monica Freeway (n)
Pico Blvd (s)
Lincoln Blvd (w)
L.A City (e)

This is a small area

-----------------------

Their is a Family of SMs that live in my neck of the woods, they just say their from Santa Monica, no adjectives or subtitles.

Never spoke to them about their Neighborhood or why they moved out.

i holler at them next time i seen them.

--------------------

As far as Grave Yards, i cant argue there status.

Ran Across a dude name Big Droopy in Central a decade ago, the Shorelines were Spooked, School Yard took up for the VSLs. Funny shit.

Other then that, i here there are a Couple out in Lancaster.

B_One
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by B_One » January 3rd, 2008, 7:40 pm

I grew up in Santa. I know veteranos from 11th St, and youngsters from 17th St PWLS, and SM13. SMG is SMG. Sometimes they will write SM17x3. It is ONE gang. 17th Street is a clique. Members from 17th Street don't necessarily live on 17th Street. I know vatos from there that lived all over SM -- if they only relied on people who actually lived on the block it would be a tiny varrio.

There are never "wars" between the SM cliques. SMG beefs with Graveyard, Sotel, Culver City, and Venice. For a number of different reasons, including higher rents and gentrification, vatos from SMG can be found living in Los Angeles and Inglewood.

Just to be clear, SMG is 1 gang with different cliques. 11th Street is only veteranos and inactive. 17st Pee Wee Locos is the largest. SM13 Lil locos is smaller but still active.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » January 3rd, 2008, 9:18 pm

Shit I don't spend much.. well any time in SM but I always thought it was 2 gangs Hispanic gangs that got along. Grave Yard Crips I thought were inactive... Then again I can't really talk for sure because I don't spend any time down there.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”