Where You From?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

Where You From?

Unread post by stoked18 » March 21st, 2012, 1:27 pm

Whats's the point of asking this question if you don't get a chance to respond? Like the whole Jamiel Shaw situation. Dude from 18st asked where he was from and before he could respond, dude shot him. I got a friend from L.A. who told me he got socked up after a dude asked him where he was from and he didn't get a chance to say anything. So why even ask?

stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

Re: Where You From?

Unread post by stoked18 » March 21st, 2012, 1:37 pm

My homeboy from L.A. doesn't even bang, only reason he got hit up is cuz he had on khakis and chucks. God dammit, you should be able wear what the fuck you wanna wear. Dude shoulda at least given him the chance to say he wasn't from anywhere. I got jumpen in San Diego just for being blued up by dudes from Emerald Hills. Shit is crazy

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » May 9th, 2012, 4:58 pm

stoked18 wrote:Whats's the point of asking this question if you don't get a chance to respond? Like the whole Jamiel Shaw situation. Dude from 18st asked where he was from and before he could respond, dude shot him. I got a friend from L.A. who told me he got socked up after a dude asked him where he was from and he didn't get a chance to say anything. So why even ask?

That's not what happened. This is what I believe happened.

Pedro Espinoza saw Jamiel Shaw walking west on 21st Street when he was the passenger in a car driving in the same direction. He noticed Shaw walking with a red belf and red sneakers looking what if referred as "flamed out." This came out in the trial about being "flamed out" which mean wearing red.

Espinoza went down 5th Ave to Juan Torres house which was his friend and happened to be a neighbor to Shaw. Torres live in a back house and was not home. So when Espinoza was told by Torres father he was not home, he made his way back to the car that was being driven by Yisenia Sanchez and it was double parked in the street waiting. When Espinoza returned to the car, Shaw who was on 21st Street was now on 5th Ave walking in his direction.

He approached Shaw and asked him "where are you from?" According to the police report, which did not come out in the trial, Shaw replied, "Rollin 20s Blood" and then he shot him. He also asked Espinoza "where are you from" or he may have said, "where are they from." Chrystale Miles, Jamiel's girlfriend, told the police that Shaw was a Blood but then in court she denied it.

Then Pedro shot Shaw in the stomach one time, and Shaw fell down to the ground where the curb and the street come together. Then Pedro walked around and shot Jamiel a second time in the head while Shaw tried to cover his head. The second bullet went right through Jamiel's hand and into his head.

I will write up a detailed narrative about this case and post it on streetgangs.com.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 9th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Most folks respect the exchange, homie, on all sides and colors.

I've been hit up too many times to count during my banging days, many times by non enemies and more often than not if there's no drama between your hood and you don't come at them all crazy, ain't no drama in the end.

One time I was walking from Artesia, crossing through Lakewood, and as I crossed the street some fool from HG was walking his lady with her kid home or something, started rolling up his sleeves as he passed to show me "Hawaiian" on one forearm and then "gardens" on the other one. Soon as he got his lady cross the street he ran up from behind me, started walking backwards, one hand in his pocket on what I knew was a shank and asked me "where you fools from?" When I responded my "Asian Boyz, east side long beach" and my step cousin said "I dont bang"(he didn't) he just said, "alright then" and walked off.
This was even during the height of the greenlight, dude was rather respectful given the circumstances. He must've assumed we were from Arta x3 since we literally just left what was considered their hood (buying herbals, my cousin lived in Lakewood in that little strip between Arta and HG cross from the park). Since my step cousin is mexican he really musta thought we were Arta.

As long as you don't pull the ranker answer of "I'm not from nowhere" you'll be alright. I've seen civilians get banked up over that answer more than once, simply because you went from being a potential enemy to a straight target for a quick blow to the dome.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”