Heroin & Cholo Culture

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
valleroguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Canoga Park

Heroin & Cholo Culture

Unread post by valleroguy » March 15th, 2015, 3:46 pm

Anybody else noticing a major surge in the use of heroin amongst younger gangsters? I think heroin has always been somewhat present in cholo culture, but it was always the older dudes, the veteranos, that were strung out.

I remember reading about the birth of the 'stoner' gangs in the 80's, and how they completely defied the cholo way of life, including the use of heroin & other hard drugs, because they had personally witnessed the destruction it caused to the more traditional varrios surrounding them. What happened to that fear amongst the younger generation? It seems like youngsters these days are diving headfirst into the blackhole that is heroin addiction. What happened to the stigma?

Basically, my points of discussion are:

Why is this terrible drug so ingrained in cholo culture, & why does it seem like younger dudes are picking it up these days?

Why are hispanic gang members more inclined to use hard drugs than black gang members?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Re: Heroin & Cholo Culture

Unread post by femun » March 16th, 2015, 6:14 pm

That's a good question. I know two guys who never used heroin but now that their locked up their full on junkies.

valleroguy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Canoga Park

Unread post by valleroguy » March 16th, 2015, 7:43 pm

femun wrote:That's a good question. I know two guys who never used heroin but now that their locked up their full on junkies.
I've seen that phenomenon as well. People who've never touched the shit in their life & come out raging junkies.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 17th, 2015, 1:55 pm

I haven't noticed this in my area so much, but drugs are definitely big these days. People want to experiment with different things, like popping all kinda pills, which can be opiates and heroin is an opiate. Someone addicted to opiates may give heroin a try. There is also a concoction called Belushi, which is coke mixed with heroin and that is something you can sniff. Sniffing seems more attractive than shooting up, so I think that is another reason heroin is making another come back.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 18th, 2015, 4:12 pm

Back in SJ we always did all kinds of drugs. Different areas are into different things though. We liked Most, Crystal and KJ or PCP! The Homies in Alameda county were the ones that liked Heroin, we always had trouble keeping them clean in the pen. In my experience Drugs are what lead us into this lifestyle in the first place. If we were not using or selling why would you choose to involve yourself in this life path? Another thing is that we have all the best connections. I am not bragging just stating facts! I have been around all kinds of dope dealers in my life, from dime bag dealers to Dudes moving serious weight. They all had one thing in common they used! It is simply part of the lifestyle!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 19th, 2015, 12:03 pm

silentwssj wrote:Back in SJ we always did all kinds of drugs. Different areas are into different things though. We liked Most, Crystal and KJ or PCP! The Homies in Alameda county were the ones that liked Heroin, we always had trouble keeping them clean in the pen. In my experience Drugs are what lead us into this lifestyle in the first place. If we were not using or selling why would you choose to involve yourself in this life path? Another thing is that we have all the best connections. I am not bragging just stating facts! I have been around all kinds of dope dealers in my life, from dime bag dealers to Dudes moving serious weight. They all had one thing in common they used! It is simply part of the lifestyle!
Crystal? You know you were messing with that dirty cranka. Haha I'm JK, but I hate that drug. It became worse when it was mostly crystal vs crank and I know a lot of homeboys these speak against hard drugs, but still a problem.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 19th, 2015, 12:04 pm

These* days

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » March 19th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Silent,yes you are right the lifestyle consist of drugs!!! heroin has come back into play with these young "Gangbangers" it ruins there lives.

The life of "Gangs & Drugs" are what keeps you in the lifestyle...If they can seperate the two...transformation will be then end result.Some of us make it out of the Gang lifestyle by getting clean!!! Some never make it and O'D or spend this rest of there life incarcerated.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”