C-WALK or Crip Walking

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Loeki
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

C-WALK or Crip Walking

Unread post by Loeki » November 24th, 2004, 1:57 pm

I don't know if there's a topic about this already.

Rappers like for instance Snoop & WC spit in songs & interviews like you better be carefull if you want to do the c-walk bla bla bla or "quit cripwalkin if you ain't a gangbanger".

Isn't that a little bit strange when an artist first promotes a certain 'gang'dance in a video/song and later on be like "DO NOT DANCE the c-walk this and that, cause homeys died for it & it's a lifestyle?"

My opinion: I understand that they try to warn folks about the dance & the whole meaning of the dance, BUT I think they also have to look at themselves since they're the ones promotin the C-walk as worldfamous artists and it's a known fact that little kids/youngstaz imitate things real quick from their idols, just like handgestures like the 'W'.

But since this is a forum and my opinion isn't the only one that matters, what do y'all think about this issue?

Speak on it

Anonymous20

Re: C-WALK

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 24th, 2004, 2:04 pm

i agree with what u said, its real stupid shit

Young_DoLLa_33
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Young_DoLLa_33 » November 24th, 2004, 3:04 pm

Yep stupid

ManiacMac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ManiacMac » November 25th, 2004, 5:36 am

Thats fuckedup. In America you will get shot by some Bloods or what (In Germany aren´t any Bloodz).
What´s going on?

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » November 27th, 2004, 12:53 pm

man..

The C-walk has became a hip hop dance

lil kids doing in it rap videos n shit..moms thinkin its all cute

but mutha fuckas dont know how serious it is

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » November 27th, 2004, 5:00 pm

like dude said they need to look at themselves promotin the walk but at the same time this ish is serious its not just a dance.

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 27th, 2004, 5:20 pm

these dayz everyone i kno crip walks

ManiacMac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ManiacMac » November 28th, 2004, 10:16 am

I try to cripin, but its very hard. I don´t give a fuck about what the Crips in America think about it. In Germany not much people know about that shjit.

Ghost at the C-Walk Video, is the Killa!

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 28th, 2004, 3:09 pm

man u buster just shutup :roll:

ManiacMac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ManiacMac » November 29th, 2004, 5:08 am

and you mo***rf**ker can eat my dick, Biai-itch

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » November 29th, 2004, 10:44 am

SIMPLE AND PLAIN IF U AINT OR CRIP OR EVEN CRIP AFFILIATED DONT CRIP WALK IT AINT NO DANCE WHEN SNOOP SONG COMES ON DROP IT LIKES ITS HOT PEOPLE THINK ITS COOL TO WEAR A FLAG AND START C WALKING I DONT LIKE IT OR REPESCT IT, ITS LIKE A NEW FAD NOW

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » November 29th, 2004, 2:57 pm

Kinda like claimin crip in New York, a fad.

GUNJA SMOKIN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GUNJA SMOKIN » November 29th, 2004, 4:38 pm

wen snoop and the dogg pound first come out u never heard them claimin shit but death row, then still after snoop went to no limit he never talked about it, then all of a sudden he reppin it, claimin it in almost every song for the last few years... its like, why only now snoops claimin crip for the past few years, but never even mention it for like the first 7 years of his career ?

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » November 29th, 2004, 5:08 pm

GTS wrote:Kinda like claimin crip in New York, a fad.
hahah real talk^^

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 29th, 2004, 5:54 pm

bitch aint no real G's in Germany

BrimBone

Re: C-WALK BRIMBONE

Unread post by BrimBone » November 30th, 2004, 2:46 am

GUJA SMOKIN,SUGE HAD THAT NIGGA SNOOP IN CHECK, BEHIND THE SCENES OF DEATHROW BLOODS WERE KONTROLING THO.THE BWALK THATS WHAT U FOOLS NEED TO B LEARNING. LOL... U NIGGAS IS FUNNY THE C WALK IS A HIP HOP DANCE? THATS FUNNY ABOUT 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO SNOOP DOGG AND the POODLES CAME TO INGLEWOOD TO THIS SHOW FOR BET I FORGOT NAME OF IT, THE BITCH ASS NIGGAS WERE WAS SCARED TO C-WALK HAD ON ALL BLACK AND WAS WITH QUICK, AS IF THAT WAS GOING TO STOP THE B-DOGS FRUM GETTING THEM

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » November 30th, 2004, 3:18 am

GUNJA SMOKIN wrote:wen snoop and the dogg pound first come out u never heard them claimin shit but death row, then still after snoop went to no limit he never talked about it, then all of a sudden he reppin it, claimin it in almost every song for the last few years... its like, why only now snoops claimin crip for the past few years, but never even mention it for like the first 7 years of his career ?
I USE TO TRIP OFF THAT TOO. IF YOU SUPPOSE TO BE SUCH A BIG CRIP WHY WASN'T YOU BANGIN LIKE THAT WHEN YOU WERE ON DEATH ROW, BUT THEN I THINK ABOUT WHO WAS RUNNIN THE SHOW AND WHO WAS PROTECTING THEY ASS... RU'S.

ManiacMac
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ManiacMac » November 30th, 2004, 6:09 am

PAPI CHULO, damed right! Here are no real G´s in Germany.
Only me! Germany=Land of the Fakes! I wanna get out here!

Back to the C-Walk....

I don´t give a fuck about what the people say...
I saw it in the videos, I do it. It ain´t save no more! That´s what it is.

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » November 30th, 2004, 7:03 am

fuck a snoop...we've seen ppl c-walk, well crips I mean, since God knows when! Waaaay before he even acknowledged it. Everyone can c-walk if they want to, depending on where they are...

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » November 30th, 2004, 9:01 am

GTS IF U THINK CRIPS IN NEW YORK IS A FAD COME OUT HERE AND SAY THAT AND YOU;LL SEE WHAT HAPPEN BUT MAKE SURE U GOT TO BROWNSVILLE, EAST NEW YORK AND FLATBUSH AIGHT THEN SAY WHAT U GOTTA SAY, ANYWAY I MET SNOOP LIKE 2 YEARS AGO AT FOOT ACTION IN TIMES SQUARE HE SEEMS LIKE HE COOL, BUT IF HE DONT BANG HARD THAT IS HIS PROBLEM HE NEEDS TO SETTLE THAT WITH SUGE.3X

XRAY2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by XRAY2 » November 30th, 2004, 10:28 am

JUST TO LET YALL OUTTA TOWNERS KNOW NIGGA'S,
YEA YALL CAN TALK ALL THAT SHIT OUT WHERE YOU AT
BUT NIGGA'S ALL THAT HARD SHIT YOU CAN SAVE THAT SHIT
WHERE YOU AT CAUSE THAT SHIT WILL GET DELETED OUT HERE
CELIEVE OR NOT

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » November 30th, 2004, 12:09 pm

BGMLOCO

Quite sellin wolf tickets about how hard you and your wannabee ass set are. Give it up homie, yall are frauds and tryin to be like the best side the west side. Yall need to be original and stop studyin the left coast. So go bump some booty ass NY rap and kick some knowledge son. You ain't movin shit out there, so don't try and front. Why don't you smoke some of that garbage ass weed you got out there, and fantasize about your NY crip groupie nation.

Loeki
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loeki » November 30th, 2004, 5:02 pm

Fellaz, no need to beef with each otha and stuff.
mamlook wrote:fu-- a snoop...we've seen ppl c-walk, well crips I mean, since God knows when! Waaaay before he even acknowledged it. Everyone can c-walk if they want to, depending on where they are...
That's my whole point, Mamlook. It's probably a dance that gangmembers already did and it was already a dance that might got u smoked if u did it on the wrong spot, way before the world even knew about Snoop or WC. But some of them rappers are contradictin themselves. I mean they sort of introduced it in their videos and b4 we knew it it became a sort of fashion/trend. and now they are worrying about folks who do it, cause 'yeah a lot of folks died for it'. I be like ???? than why'd u commercialized the dance in the first place?!
They are actin irresponsible cause of all kind of rappers they should be the last to commercialize a gangdance like that, ya smell me?

Myself I do that dance since I'm not affiliated with gangs or that lifestyle or whatsoever, I see a lot of youngstaz in my town tryin to do that shit and allmost break their ankle for fuckin up the dance

I read some replies and I see that sum folks be like "people who do that dance don't know how serious it is". But on the otha hand how come a dude like DJ Quik, who's affiliated with Bloods, takes that dance lightly? If u saw his DVD with the commentary on he was like: man, it's just a dance, so dance that shit off!

I think rappers are makin the hiphopfans a little bit confused about the whole dance and stuff. I've noticed that artists with Crip affiliation commercialize the gangstuff, etc a little bit more than Bloods affiliated artists do. Except for Game who can't spit one rhyme without bragiing about his Blood/color affiliation, and I think it can have a negative effect on youngstaz when he blows like Snoop with certain gang braggin lyrics the same way Snoop does. Cause young naive fans might be impressed by the whole red/blue stuff, because of the way artists commercialize their gangstuff, their colors, etc.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » November 30th, 2004, 6:56 pm

Loeki wrote:I don't know if there's a topic about this already.

Rappers like for instance Snoop & WC spit in songs & interviews like you better be carefull if you want to do the c-walk bla bla bla or "quit cripwalkin if you ain't a gangbanger".

Isn't that a little bit strange when an artist first promotes a certain 'gang'dance in a video/song and later on be like "DO NOT DANCE the c-walk this and that, cause homeys died for it & it's a lifestyle?"

My opinion: I understand that they try to warn folks about the dance & the whole meaning of the dance, BUT I think they also have to look at themselves since they're the ones promotin the C-walk as worldfamous artists and it's a known fact that little kids/youngstaz imitate things real quick from their idols, just like handgestures like the 'W'.

But since this is a forum and my opinion isn't the only one that matters, what do y'all think about this issue?

Speak on it

I AGREE

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » December 1st, 2004, 10:05 am

GTS GET A LIFE AND IF U FEEL THAT WAY COME TO NYC AND PROVE URSELF THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY HOMIE AND I DONT SMOKE WEED U SOUND EXTRA GANGSTA OVA THE NET NAH MEAN SO GET A LIFE AND SUM PUSSY WHILE UR AT IT.3X

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » December 1st, 2004, 11:21 am

BG MLOCO

Homie you came on the thread talkin about it's disrespectful how everyone jumpin on the bandwagon on this C-walk shit, and you said it's like a fad. All I'm sayin don't act like yall some OG's in this shit, yall jumped right on the crip bandwagon so I don't see a difference in a whiteboy from the burbs C-walkin, or a dude from Ny tryin to bang crip, there both the same, a fad.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 1st, 2004, 12:22 pm

GTS wrote:BG MLOCO

Homie you came on the thread talkin about it's disrespectful how everyone jumpin on the bandwagon on this C-walk shit, and you said it's like a fad. All I'm sayin don't act like yall some OG's in this shit, yall jumped right on the crip bandwagon so I don't see a difference in a whiteboy from the burbs C-walkin, or a dude from Ny tryin to bang crip, there both the same, a fad.
i"m not jumpin' sides here, because i lived, worked and attended college on the east coast and the area NY/NJ is hella cool. but i gotta agree brotha, leave the c-walk, gangbangin' to the west. ya'll gotcha own east coast culture, and that sh..t is cool, but you don't see west side brothas claimin kings or gangster d's and crews and all that. we got our culture and yall got yours. I mean, look at biggie before he died. he loved cali, but the brotha didn't become a gangster rapper or ridin' around in a six-fo rag top. he still kept his slick ass east coast flossy style, he just respected the west side game.....you need to go back and listen to "goin back to cali" on the life after death cd.

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » December 1st, 2004, 4:33 pm

yeah his slick ass east coast flossy style that he BIT FROM THE BAY AREA

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » December 1st, 2004, 7:01 pm

Yea..
real gang bangning started in the west..

Real Crips and Bloods started in the west

Leave it in the west

grape_loc

Unread post by grape_loc » December 1st, 2004, 8:49 pm

so what you folks are sayin is if the og's from out west decide to come out here and start their own chapters the main o.g shouldnt be allowed to do so? What u thinkin bout crips/bloods in new zealand? should they just drop the flag cuz it belongs on the west? I respect the gangstas from out west but I say if a nigga wanna bang let em bang just " G " smart bout where u do it.

Chris.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Chris. » December 1st, 2004, 9:10 pm

Most of those Og's makin shitt over there have had to shake because of bullshitt theyve done down here

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » December 1st, 2004, 11:10 pm

well..i aint ever hear about mutha fuckas going to new zeland

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”