Gangs of South Gate 2018 Edition

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
MaximumCarnage
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Gangs of South Gate 2018 Edition

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » June 13th, 2018, 9:44 pm

I been doing some thorough research on the Sureno gangs in South Gate. I've seen many lists, a lot of which seem outdated. Started scoping out tags in the city to see what gangs are still active, wallbanging atleast. Decided to organize it all and post it, curious to see if anybody got any info they could share on these SG hoods.

[ACTIVE]

Marijuanos Locos (MLS) - One of the oldest hoods in SG, haven't seen any of their tags so far. But I heard they kick it in the neighborhood of Wood ave by the riverbed as well as the area of Southern and Salt Lake.

Garden View Locos (GVLS) - Another old SG gang, I see their hit ups more consistently spread out around SG than any other gang.

Kansas Street (KST) - Heard that Kansas Street went at it hard back in the 80's and 90's, not so much anymore. Only seen one KST tag so far, near the border between HP and SG.

Southside Playboys (PBS) - The South Gate/Bell Gardens click of Playboys.

Barrio Ardmore Youngsters (BAY)

South Gate Tokers - Seen a lot of internet bangers claiming Tokers so I'm gonna assume they're still active.

Lynwood Varrio El Segundo (LVES) - They got Lynwood in their name but their hit-ups and territory bleed into SG. Seen their tags around the partially Lynwood-SG neighborhood of Long Beach blvd and California ave between MLK blvd and Tweedy blvd. However, Lynwood Varrio Dukes have been constantly crossing them out and tagging the area MUCH more consistently.

Lynwood Varrio Dukes (LDKS) - These guys have the partially Lynwood-SG neighborhood that LVES claims on LOCK. About a month ago, that area had a only LVES tags, but Dukes have taken it by storm. I counted around 24 hit-ups in that general area alone, plus I always see Spook's tags behind the Smoker's Dynasty smoke shop on San Miguel and Tweedy.

Barrio South Gate (BSG) - Read about this gang on old forums but heard they went defunct. Then I saw BSGR (which I assume means Barrio South Gate returns?) above a crossed out Garden View Locos tag on a dumpster for 711 on Alexander and Tweedy. Seen a few more tags since, guess they ain't defunct afterall.

LynGate Varrio Crooks or LynGate Crooks? (LvCRKS or CRKS) - This is a brand new gang from what I can tell. Seen absolutely 0 info on them online. Found out about them because their huge hit up LYN-GATE CROOKS was crossed out by Lynwood Dukes behind the Smoker's Dynasty parking lot. Since then, I've seen them hit up that specific area multiple times with CRKS,LVCRKS, and CROOKS tags. Not sure how serious of a hood they are, but they've got wallbanging down atleast.

[POSSIBLY ACTIVE]

These are the gangs I've seen mentioned on forums and lists but haven't seen any tags, and I don't have my ear close enough to the street to see if they're putting in work in other ways. Heard most of these were defunct tho.

Death Crowd Locos (DCLS)

Orchard Locos (OLS)

Dorothy Locos (DLS)

Southside Players (SSP)

Willow Street (WST)

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Gangs of South Gate 2018 Edition

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 14th, 2018, 9:30 am

Good run down. Death Crowd is still active.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » June 14th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Good run down. Death Crowd is still active.
How active? Also what territory do they claim?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 17th, 2018, 4:29 am

Would love to see a map. HAve you done that research. Looks good though.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 17th, 2018, 4:35 am

We need more info on Barrio Ardmore Youngsters (BAY). You left it blank. Any info on them?

I did not know that the Lynwood Varrio Dukes crossed into South Gate.

Never heard of the LynGate Varrio Crooks or LynGate Crooks. Did they start off as taggers?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 18th, 2018, 4:28 pm

BAD AZZ YOUNGSTERS = BAY13 = BARRIO ARDMORE YOUNGSTERS
west of South Gate High School, between Ardmore and Firestone
headquartered at e"B"ergreen avenue
from the late 1990s - party crew (?)

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » June 21st, 2018, 3:26 pm

alexalonso wrote:Would love to see a map. HAve you done that research. Looks good though.
My research and street knowledge isn't thorough enough to map out each gang's exact territory. Although I could try map out each gang's hitups.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » June 21st, 2018, 3:55 pm

alexalonso wrote:We need more info on Barrio Ardmore Youngsters (BAY). You left it blank. Any info on them?

I did not know that the Lynwood Varrio Dukes crossed into South Gate.

Never heard of the LynGate Varrio Crooks or LynGate Crooks. Did they start off as taggers?
I'm not too familiar with BAY. I recognize their tag but that's all I can really say about them.

Lynwood Varrio Dukes came in to that SG neighborhood hard af. I checked it out about a day ago and saw Lynwood Varrio Osgood Block Locos had some huge and detailed tags leading into Dukes territory. Lynwood gangs are all over that area of SG it seems.

And LynGate Crooks are definitely new. I don't know how they started out but they're essentially a tagger group as of now. They've been hitting up the area of San Vincente and Tweedy pretty hard. Especially behind the back of Lucky's Supermarket. SGB (which I assume is South Gate Barrio or South Gate Brothers?) crossed them out to which LynGate Crooks did the same.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » June 22nd, 2018, 3:35 pm

i thought south gate brothers were down tweety around atlantic? ke no?

san vicente and tweedy would still be close to bsg, but are they still around?

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » June 23rd, 2018, 2:02 am

Lonewolf wrote:i thought south gate brothers were down tweety around atlantic? ke no?

san vicente and tweedy would still be close to bsg, but are they still around?
Hard to say with BSG. From what I heard, they been defunct for a while. All I've seen of them so far was them crossing out a Garden View Locos tag with BSGR ontop and BSG13 under it. Don't know how serious it is tho.

I never been familiar with South Gate Brothers at all tbh, just know their name. As for territory, I heard most of Atlantic by Tweedy is Marijuanos Locos turf, especially towards the riverbed.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 3rd, 2018, 6:35 pm

BAD ASS YOUNGSTERS

BARRIO ARDMORE YOUNGSTERS
Attachments
SouthGateBAY13.jpg
SouthGateBAY13.jpg (302.33 KiB) Viewed 22354 times

HNIC
What city do you live in now?: LAC

Unread post by HNIC » August 4th, 2018, 3:10 am

What are the gangs in South Gate circa 1978?

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » February 19th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Question about some of the SG hoods...

Are BAY & GVLS in the same area? Are they both mixed in those streets west of the high school? Some said BAY is on Evergreen but is Garden View in that same area?

Also does MLS claim all the area between the riverbed & Atlantic? All the way down to Abbott? And where are SSPlayerz at?

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » February 19th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Question about some of the SG hoods...

Are BAY & GVLS in the same area? Are they both mixed in those streets west of the high school? Some said BAY is on Evergreen but is Garden View in that same area?

Also does MLS claim all the area between the riverbed & Atlantic? All the way down to Abbott? And where are SSPlayerz at?

SELA1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SOUTH EAST LOS

Unread post by SELA1 » March 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm

BAY mainly stay south of the ardmore with the train tracks dividing them with GVLS. Garden View be on both sides of the tracks. Although BAY has been tagging all over the city. I think they are trying to push north of the train tracks though. SouthSide Playerz are on TRUBA ave and STANFORD ave .south of Southern ave. Where KANSAS st used to be around.. (between LB boulevard and Lil Alameda. ) MLS are between Southern ave and Tweedy. East of Atlantic.

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » March 12th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Got it....what is BAY's east west borders? I seen some maps & GVLS was somewhere between LB Blvd & State, and Ardmore & Southern I think. Does BAY have that area too with GVLS directly north?

And KST isn't in SG anymore?

South Gate is interesting ....there seems to be a lot of hoods throughout that city. I've driven through but only usually see hit-ups from GVLS, BAY, LDKS, MLS & even LVES.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » September 3rd, 2019, 7:45 am

Kansas Street and South Side Players were the SG dudes I used to hear about.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » May 2nd, 2020, 2:29 am

Heard too many beefs led to KST numbers dwindling and not enough recruitment. KST Paramount click got wiped by Nutty Side Paramount, Maywood click is still around I think. But they're pretty much a ghost in SG. Elm Street Watts tags up the neighborhoods west of Long Beach blvd, between State, Tweedy & Southern, what used to be Kansas territory. And now Players taking their original hood... how the mighty fall.

SGBAY have been tagging often and all over the city now compared to when I first made this thread, musta got some recruits because they're active for sure now. Same with SG Tokers. I assumed em both defunct. They're still active for sure tho, Tokers took a shot at some couple on Otis and Firestone last Friday.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » May 2nd, 2020, 2:44 am

SELA1 wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm
BAY mainly stay south of the ardmore with the train tracks dividing them with GVLS. Garden View be on both sides of the tracks. Although BAY has been tagging all over the city. I think they are trying to push north of the train tracks though. SouthSide Playerz are on TRUBA ave and STANFORD ave .south of Southern ave. Where KANSAS st used to be around.. (between LB boulevard and Lil Alameda. ) MLS are between Southern ave and Tweedy. East of Atlantic.
Surprised to see SouthSide Playerz push Kansas out their original hood. Where was Playerz original territory? They still claim Chesnut?

I think you're right about BAY pushing north of the tracks. There was a video of a shootout between 2 guys on Ardmore and Otis last month, looked like a failed walk-up. Guy got dropped off on the corner and started walking to some foo on a bike but he guess he got made cuz they started blasting for a bit.
Then more shots taken a few days later on Chestnut and Ardmore. BAY making moves?

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » April 5th, 2021, 4:01 pm

MaximumCarnage wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 2:29 am
Heard too many beefs led to KST numbers dwindling and not enough recruitment. KST Paramount click got wiped by Nutty Side Paramount, Maywood click is still around I think. But they're pretty much a ghost in SG. Elm Street Watts tags up the neighborhoods west of Long Beach blvd, between State, Tweedy & Southern, what used to be Kansas territory. And now Players taking their original hood... how the mighty fall.
Following up and correcting this. It was not necessarily the beefs that led to KST numbers dwindling but instead was Law Enforcement clamping down. The KST Hollydale/Paramount One Wayz click was *NOT* wiped by Nutty Side Paramount, infact their hoods don't even beef. NSP filled the void Kansas left once alot of the members in that area got arrested or moved away.

The new Kansas Hollydale One Wayz click is now on Imperial and Casinna ave, and the only Paramount rival I've been told of is Dog Patch.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”