Most respected barrios in SouthEast LA?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
MaximumCarnage
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Most respected barrios in SouthEast LA?

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » August 13th, 2018, 9:19 pm

What gangs from HP, South Gate, Huntington Park, Lynwood, Bell Gardens, Maywood, and other Southeast LA cities do you have respect for? Most of the most respected barrios are the ones that are deep af and have been around longest, but the southeast area of LA hasn't been banging as long as the South LA and East LA gangs. So they haven't had time to build up many big names

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Most respected barrios in SouthEast LA?

Unread post by advocate » August 14th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Canta Ranas over in Santa Fe Springs I always kinda heard was respected. They been around for a long time too I believe.

The areas you mentioned seem to have so many different gangs...not sure which gang hasn't the biggest presence or rep in those areas. Florencia has a good portion of Huntington Park right?

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » August 15th, 2018, 11:46 pm

advocate wrote:Canta Ranas over in Santa Fe Springs I always kinda heard was respected. They been around for a long time too I believe.

The areas you mentioned seem to have so many different gangs...not sure which gang hasn't the biggest presence or rep in those areas. Florencia has a good portion of Huntington Park right?
I visit HP often, Florence basically owns it. AFAIK all the old HP hoods are cliques of Florencia now. Bear st, HP Locos... The Bratz tag here and there but I heard their main territory on Seville and Gage is now Florence's as well.

As for respected varrios, what do people think about Kansas St? They're the only SE LA gang I can think of that has a clique outside of their originating city. They started in South Gate and maintain a click in Maywood. I heard they were pretty active back in the day, warring with a lot of hoods. Going at it with Maywood Locos, SS 18th St, and all of South Gate. Not sure if they even have any friends...

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » August 15th, 2018, 11:54 pm

Hawaiian Gardens 13 has to be one of the most respected SELA gangs.
I believe they are the first street gang to get hit with the RICO Act for killing that cop.

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » August 16th, 2018, 10:19 am

I do remember hearing about Kansas St. They don't seem to get along with anyone like you said. I saw them on the news once a long time ago. Along with South Gate & Maywood, I think they're in Bell Gardens too. Alot of hoods over there in Bell Gardens.

Varrio Norwalk is another hood I would hear about. I knew people who grew up in Norwalk & I would hear about VNWK & the One Ways.

I was curious if Playboys were deep in southeast la? I know they're in South Gate & Bell Gardens.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » August 20th, 2018, 1:14 am

advocate wrote:I do remember hearing about Kansas St. They don't seem to get along with anyone like you said. I saw them on the news once a long time ago. Along with South Gate & Maywood, I think they're in Bell Gardens too. Alot of hoods over there in Bell Gardens.

Varrio Norwalk is another hood I would hear about. I knew people who grew up in Norwalk & I would hear about VNWK & the One Ways.

I was curious if Playboys were deep in southeast la? I know they're in South Gate & Bell Gardens.
Kansas ST had a click in Hollydale too, but they got ran out by Nutty Side Paramount...

Playboys don't seem that deep in South Gate nor that active, at least not compared to the original South Gate hoods like Garden View or Tokers. I can't speak for Bell Gardens but I know Bell Gardens Locos runs a good portion of it.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » August 20th, 2018, 1:16 am

shaolinmonche wrote:Hawaiian Gardens 13 has to be one of the most respected SELA gangs.
I believe they are the first street gang to get hit with the RICO Act for killing that cop.
Yeah Hawaiian Gardens 13 has been around for quite a while. I've been reading Boxer Enriquez's book and he mentions warring with Hawaiian Gardens 13 in his youth. Didn't know about the Rico fact, that's pretty wild.

MaximumCarnage

Unread post by MaximumCarnage » March 29th, 2021, 4:50 pm

I feel the need to come back to this thread I made to make a LOT of corrections, never wanna spread false info. When I originally asked this question, my knowledge of geographical gang politics was way off. I've since talked to many OGs who taught me a lot.

1. I asked who was respected in the SouthEast, then listed about a bunch of cities and hoods (Lynwood, Huntington Park, South Gate, etc) that are in the SOUTHSIDE. This makes me look like a dumbass lol I did not know this distinction at the time until my tio (a Florence OG) taught me.

2. Having talked to people from SE varrios or who live in the area. The most common answers were Varrio Norwalk One Wayz, Canta Ranas, Arta 13 and Hawaiian Gardens 13. Canta Ranas is the oldest I think, going back to the 30s. They've also gotten the most attention from law enforcement in the last years. The Feds cracked down and arrested 28-31 members in 2016 for apparently trying to kill a cop. A Canta Ranas shotcaller was caught in the sweep with 12 different charges.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/sa ... -narcotics

3. On Kansas Street....Kansas OGs and youngsters gave me the spill on alot of things and they would not appreciate my past ignorant comment in the stating that their Hollydale click got ran out by Nutty Side Paramount.
THIS IS NOT TRUE. This was a FALSE statement I heard by someone who wasn't up to date or really in the know.

The original Kansas Street One Way Mob click in Hollydale never had beef with Nutty Side Paramount, only Dog Patch (beef started cuz a Kster smoked a member in 90s) NSP took up the space only after alot of Ksters in the area got locked up or had to move away once the area got more expensive by the end of the 90s.
Kansas One Wayz was inactive until the mid2010s when they recruited again, except this click wasn't really in Hollydale park area. They hitup in the neighborhoods by Cassina ave and Imperial. Apparently the beef between them and Dog Patch was cold until a Kster fucked a Dog Patch babymama which reignited it.

4. SS PlayBoys in South Gate are still around but not very active, they don't tag very much outside of their territory on Victoria ave.
still not sure about in Bell Gardens. A BGLS OG told me that SS Playboys was one of the deepest varrios in BG back in the 80s, with like 20 foos posted on the block at all times...

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”