I wonder if using 13 "trece" in tagging crew needs permission?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

I wonder if using 13 "trece" in tagging crew needs permission?

Unread post by LAResident » September 30th, 2018, 8:53 pm

A friend of mine (not throwing names of affiliation out their) told me that on the inside any tagging crew hitting up 13 or hoods that have got the 13 with out the big homies blessing they get courted to other hoods in prison.
He seen it happen to guys from HF13 and I forgot what other hoods he mentioned. That’s probably how some hoods disappear out of nowhere....

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: I wonder if this is true....

Unread post by LAResident » September 30th, 2018, 8:53 pm

They get courted to other established gangs

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: I wonder if using 13 "trece" in tagging crew needs permission?

Unread post by alexalonso » September 30th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Varrio KAB tagging crew was using it for a long time. I can't imagine that taggers are actually asking permission, because it only means "southern california".

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » September 30th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Im not going to get into detail but it’s not “asking permission” theirs protocols that need to be followed in order for a group of people use the 13...

Altabz
What city do you live in now?: Altadena

Unread post by Altabz » October 1st, 2018, 12:45 pm

If a hood uses the 13 without permission (paying taxes, putting in work ect.) they can get greenlighted. In order for tagbangers to officially get the 13 I heard they need to have a big homie from their krew who is doing time actually put in work behind bars in order to get blessed. An other way to get the 13 is if an already established gang blesses you with it, they only do this if they see that your hood is active.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 1st, 2018, 2:20 pm

Altabz wrote:If a hood uses the 13 without permission (paying taxes, putting in work ect.) they can get greenlighted. In order for tagbangers to officially get the 13 I heard they need to have a big homie from their krew who is doing time actually put in work behind bars in order to get blessed. An other way to get the 13 is if an already established gang blesses you with it, they only do this if they see that your hood is active.
Most taggers who use the 13 are not active. Then what? I think some crews just use it.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » October 1st, 2018, 4:39 pm

alexalonso wrote:
Altabz wrote:If a hood uses the 13 without permission (paying taxes, putting in work ect.) they can get greenlighted. In order for tagbangers to officially get the 13 I heard they need to have a big homie from their krew who is doing time actually put in work behind bars in order to get blessed. An other way to get the 13 is if an already established gang blesses you with it, they only do this if they see that your hood is active.
Most taggers who use the 13 are not active. Then what? I think some crews just use it.
Anyone can just use it but if you didn’t get it the proper way your screwed.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 1st, 2018, 10:28 pm

LAResident wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
I heard they not giving out the 13 anymore to new gangs or crews.
The shop is closed. Crews can't earn the trece no more. they have to join a varrio that already has the 13 if they want to bang that 13.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 1st, 2018, 10:36 pm

LAResident wrote:A friend of mine (not throwing names of affiliation out their) told me that on the inside any tagging crew hitting up 13 or hoods that have got the 13 with out the big homies blessing they get courted to other hoods in prison.
He seen it happen to guys from HF13 and I forgot what other hoods he mentioned. That’s probably how some hoods disappear out of nowhere....
Normally before if a crew wanted to earn the 13 they needed to have one of their members to put in work in prison for the Surenos/Mafia. But, I've heard they are not giving out the 13 anymore to new gangs. There's a truce right now between Mexican Mafia and Nuestra Familia. I think the blacks and whites are also in that truce.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » October 2nd, 2018, 4:38 am

The truce it’s only in prison not out here.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 2nd, 2018, 7:31 am

LAResident wrote:The truce it’s only in prison not out here.
I know its only in prison. On the streets the war is still cracking. But who knows how long the truce will last.
There was a truce a couple years ago with the Nortenos, Surenos, Blacks and Whites when they were doing the hunger strike to protest homies being in solitary confinement for years and decades.
Oprah did a 60 minutes special on the SHU in Pelican Bay not too long ago last year. Its a wrap now lol Once Oprah gets involved some prison reform about to happen.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » October 3rd, 2018, 12:08 am

shaolinmonche wrote:
LAResident wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
I heard they not giving out the 13 anymore to new gangs or crews.
The shop is closed. Crews can't earn the trece no more. they have to join a varrio that already has the 13 if they want to bang that 13.
Yup, reminds me of when the Mexican Mafia put out a green light on all of those "tag banger" crews back in the day, they told everyone, you either get your crew jumped into an established neighborhood/varrio OR turn your tag banger crew into an official gang OR you can get the green light, and alot did comply, NKS (Nip Killin Squad/Never Kaught Slippin) dropped their crew and most got into Longos, KMT (Kings Making Trouble) dropped their crew and became a click of Watts 13, SSK became a gang, and I remember a crew called "FIU","Fuckin It Up", was gunna get courted into Florencia 13, but I forgot what happened with that situation, think they said fuck that and most of them got jumped into Indiana Dukes, SOH got pressured by Blythe Street to either join or get the green light, they ended up joing clanton, anyone remember when those party crews got jumped into gangs too? lol, Operation X getting jumped into Maravilla etc

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jae » October 5th, 2018, 10:31 pm

I assume, just like claiming crip or blood, if you just pop out of nowhere and claim it, somebody already with it, if they run across you, especially if they never heard of your gang or clique, are going to question you, test you, and see what you're about. Make sure that if you rep it, that you're legit, and doing it right. I just assume its the same all across the board. Anybody can claim anything, but can you handle the responsibility that comes with claiming certain things, is the real situation. It's a fun and cool lifestyle to a lot of people, ideally, but a lot of people aren't built for the life. Tagging crews just need to stay in their lane. Be artists, get up, get fame, get recognition and respect for what you do, and leave the bangin' to the gangstas.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”