Vatos from same gang killing each other

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Vatos from same gang killing each other

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 19th, 2018, 7:56 pm

How much of that inside beefs between homeboys or shot callers putting a green light on their own homeboys, and ex-homeboys offing their own, how much do you think it plays a part and affect gang recruitment in this new era of declining gang membership?

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Re: Vatos from same gang killing each other

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 20th, 2018, 3:29 pm

I doubt it affects recruitment that much. I don’t think at that age that most join gangs that they fully realize how bad the inner politics within can get until it’s too late.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 21st, 2018, 12:22 pm

Like two three months ago I ran into a vato from 57th aves down in tj, he was working for my primo, my primo when he introduced us, my primo had a smirk on his face (me having been from dxt) anyways long story short, the vato that same day ended up backing me and my primo in a fight, kool mofo, after some convo he was talking to me about some of them internal gang beefs, and how demoralizing it was for him after having been down for his Varrio and still is, but internal beefs kills a part of ones spirit when you love all your homeboys, but they end up on different channels and don't love each other to the point of...

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » December 28th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Demoralizing is the right word. I know of some neighborhoods where there’s been more internal violence within than between other hoods. Part of it, I think is the natural progression of a street gang becoming something closer to organized crime.

There’s always been internal squabbles within hoods, and there’s protocols in place set up to minimize it and stop it from escalating. Like a simple one on one, the two shake hands and squash it after. But when it comes to organized shit, it’s only a matter of time before things go bad. More informants, distrust, paranoia, greed, egos etc. it’s bound to happen.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by LAResident » December 29th, 2018, 6:08 am

Not going to say much but The Harpys have killed their own members before...in house beef

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 30th, 2018, 7:35 pm

In several ways I do think that internal beefs does affect recruitment. How many times have we heard or read about a bunch of fools breaking off and starting their own? Sometimes the older Varrio dies off for lack of recruitment and the new ones take over.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » December 30th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Lonewolf wrote:In several ways I do think that internal beefs does affect recruitment. How many times have we heard or read about a bunch of fools breaking off and starting their own? Sometimes the older Varrio dies off for lack of recruitment and the new ones take over.
What about scenarios when a gang rolls out a clique for being lames and declares war on them? Virginia St Locos used to be a clique of The Magicians Club but got rolled out for being pussys and aways running away when hood shit popped off.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by yoda100 » December 31st, 2018, 9:07 pm

Seems the motto is true, "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend", there have been tons of instances of were there was in house beef, people from the same gang killing eachother.

East Coast Crips - One of the most, active and reputable crip sets throught Los Angeles county, but with numbers, also comes beef,
the 6pacc east coast crip vs 76 east coast crips have split blood between another, and the same goes for Q102 ECC vs 118 ECC,
89 east coast crip vs 97 east coast crip, and even the 1200 blocc east coast crip almost getting the boot from the coast car for not putting in work.

18st Colombia Lil Cycos click - Mexican Mafia member, Fransico "Puppet" Martinez, and leader of this faction of 18st, was sentenced to prison in 1994, but that did not stop him from running this click in the streets, he was collecting about 4 1/2 million dollars per year. He ordered the murder of Carlos "Truco" Lopez in 1994, for attempting to start doing business in his turf. He also order an attempted hit on, Juan "Termite" Romero, whom Martinez suspected of being a "rat", "snitch", the Colombia Lil Cycos were at war with eacother, but in the end it turns out there was never a rat to begin with.

Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats - CVTF member, Ricardo "Midget" Verduzco's girlfriend and mother of his son, Imelda Cejan Delacruz, 19, was shot and killed by rival gang members at a party on September 5, 1999. Johnny "Big Chucky" Rios, a CVTF gang member was involved in the shooting with rival gang members but survived. 5 days later on September 10, 1999, Johnny "Big Chucky" Rios, was shot a total of 8 times, 6 of them fatal, and 2 to his head. Ricardo "Midget" Verduzco and his brother Woody were sentenced to life without parole.

Avenues - Alex "Peewee" Aguirre was the leader of the most powerful and structured gang in North East Los Angeles, this gang went by the name of the "Avenues" gang, He even has an Avenues click named after him, called the "Pee Wee Gangsters", In the 1990's, Alex "Peewee" Aguirre was sentenced to a life term in prison. He turned over partial control of the "Avenues" gang to his little brother, Richard "Lil Peewee" Aguirre, who was only 14 years old when he assumed the role of shot caller in 1995. His reign as leader of one of L.A biggest and powerful gang's lasted until 2001, when he was charged with a string of murders. Joseph Torres, 27, a reputed member of the Avenues was the first known casualty of "Little Peewee'", He was found shot to death on Isabel Drive on July 22, 1995, for collecting taxes in an area once run by Alex "Peewee" Aguirre and giving the proceeds to another Mexican Mafia member, who was trying to expand his turf.

Florencia 13 - Florencia 13 gang member, Jose Munguia, 20, was a member of one of South Central's biggest gang's, the Florencia 13 gang. On October of 1995, Jose Munguia drove up to a Huntington Park residence. Munguia opened up on the residence with an AK-47 from his vehicle. On the front porch, 11 year old Erica Izquierdo was swinging on a hammock with her father when she was fatally hit in the head by an AK round and died. Luis Lopez, 15, and Adrian Garcia, 14, were also struck but survived. The Mexican Mafia required the death penalty for the child murderer. Florencia 13 gang members, Ricardo Perez, 21 and Caesar Merino, 21 were ordered by the Mexican Mafia to kill Jose Munguia or the entire F13 gang would be green lit. On Saturday, November 7, 1995 at 11:35am, Munguia was shot to death by Florencia 13 gang members.

There are tons more.. MS13 have killed there own, I believe Toonerville 13 have killed there own, Maravillas have killed there own, Harpys 13 have killed there own, El Sereno 13 etc.. the list goes on

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 1st, 2019, 3:42 pm

Lonewolf wrote:In several ways I do think that internal beefs does affect recruitment. How many times have we heard or read about a bunch of fools breaking off and starting their own? Sometimes the older Varrio dies off for lack of recruitment and the new ones take over.
What has always interested me is how some hoods can be so good at recruiting a next generation while for whatever reason some hoods simply fail at it so bad that they die out completely.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 11th, 2019, 2:57 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:
What has always interested me is how some hoods can be so good at recruiting a next generation while for whatever reason some hoods simply fail at it so bad that they die out completely.
you know i think that theres alot of factors involved in what brings some vatos up and what brings others down., time, politics, pop culture, etc, tu sabes, de todo.. but i do believe that two factors needed are ~> vatos with charisma and skills, plus a bring everybody in and numbers will put each other on check with the politics of the game.. you're giving people freedom but within parameters, and so it grows., imo on one part of it.

but back to the other part of the thread., how internal politics kill a unity

for example; science fiction if you will

when you say AVENUES

it becomes no longer just LOS AVENUES of old
but
WHICH AVENUES?

take it from there...

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 12th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Charisma is huge. I agree.

As far as internal politics, I just think the more these Varrios go from being street gangs of homeboys that have each other’s back to something closer to organized crime, mob shit with money on the line plus gang raids and RICO indictments always around the corner, you’re bound to have even more internal killings due to all the pressure and paranoia that comes with it. For the same reason the mafia/La cosa Nostra “wacked” their own. Greed, paranoia, betrayal, power trips.

I feel like that Conejo track “Contract on my life” kind of touches on it some.

“My boy told me they threw my name in the mix,
And for no fucken reason, ain’t that a bitch..
But this seems to happen when they get that juice,
It goes to their head, but what the fuck can I do?”

“”We from the same place,
We was brought up in that,
The cold streets..
with territories divided,
And case after case,
The whole Varrio indicted”

I probably sound like a Conejo fanboy at this point.. lol. But I just like how he can sum up what’s relevant in the streets with music and some subtle lines.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 13th, 2019, 9:44 am

I'm of the same opinion in part like on that thread 'are all these gangs still around'
Lonewolf wrote:from the angle that i see of some of what is happening is that the game is no longer to be out visible on the streets, so in other words, the game is no longer a "street" gang for many, but instead, it has begun to turn into actual small crimee orgs - small and deadly only when the gang has to, money talks, bull shit walks, you gotta have feria and the street game is not cutting it any more., some places may still be visible active like before, but those places too can't keep it up like that for much longer., gang is not varrio anymore., scratch the hood part, it's all just gang for a lot of people out there these days, imo...
still tho, with everybody out there trying to be a wise guy, it ain't appealing to most youngsters these days because to be gang you have to be tough or you'll just be a casualty waiting to happen

small tighter knit "cliques" turning the gang into a brand name, each clique a part of the 100 spokes on the wheel, and that wheel rolls eveywhere., maybe that's why now the gang is mobile, pops up here and there and in the most unexpected places of all sometimes, lol, and only but a small remnant remain back behind in the original grounds, keeping it alive only by being born into the family, while the varrio brand grows out and moves out..

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 14th, 2019, 10:58 pm

put it this way there is zero gang in l.a that have min 20 years of history that didnt have inside killings not a single one ...

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 15th, 2019, 2:14 am

bgcasper wrote:put it this way there is zero gang in l.a that have min 20 years of history that didnt have inside killings not a single one ...
nah, chales, i disagree with you on that pinche gasparin

maybe personal shit between two homeboys and family, but to say that varrio or eme politics has caused the inside killing in every chicano varrio
nel pastel, that's painting with a wide brush

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”