Harpys and NHB hitting up together

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Pico2jeff
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Harpys and NHB hitting up together

Unread post by Pico2jeff » January 28th, 2019, 11:55 am

Found this around Cimarron and 27st.
Attachments
20190128_104704.jpg
20190128_104704.jpg (674.64 KiB) Viewed 12866 times

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Harpys and NHB hitting up together

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 28th, 2019, 11:58 am

so what does that mean, PICO? explicalo, no? How does that play out over there with that?

Layman's terms, porfavor

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » January 28th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Damn that shit ugly LMFAO much respect to harpy’s tho

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 28th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Harpys and R20's NHB have always been tight since the 70's.

I think of them as a Black-Hispanic alliance and their enemies as being R30's/ATC13 as the other Black-Hispanic alliance.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 28th, 2019, 2:00 pm

BPG187 wrote:Damn that shit ugly LMFAO much respect to harpy’s tho
My guess is a R20's wrote it.

Even though I'm part Black and was more closer to Black culture, I always thought Hispanic gangs were more artistic & prolific with the graffiti. Same with tattoo culture, which I think kind of go hand-in-hand. I think there is more pride and effort put into hitting up the hood among Hispanic gangs -- they don't want you tagging if you don't have any style.

Whereas with Black gangs it's just whatever, but there are some people from Black hoods who have shown artistic skill...

On the flip side, when it comes to music, especially Hip Hop -- I always thought most cholo rappers aren't as skilled, can't flow as well, and aren't as soulful as Black rap artists.

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » January 28th, 2019, 2:35 pm

TheAngels wrote:
BPG187 wrote:Damn that shit ugly LMFAO much respect to harpy’s tho
My guess is a R20's wrote it.

Even though I'm part Black and was more closer to Black culture, I always thought Hispanic gangs were more artistic & prolific with the graffiti. Same with tattoo culture, which I think kind of go hand-in-hand. I think there is more pride and effort put into hitting up the hood among Hispanic gangs -- they don't want you tagging if you don't have any style.

Whereas with Black gangs it's just whatever, but there are some people from Black hoods who have shown artistic skill...

On the flip side, when it comes to music, especially Hip Hop -- I always thought most cholo rappers aren't as skilled, can't flow as well, and aren't as soulful as Black rap artists.
That’s facts man , I can agree cause I grew up in a mixed black and Hispanic neighborhood and you rarely saw the black kids get into tagging crews , but it seems like all the Mexican kids were in them lmfao. And About the rap music yeah I’ve never really got into Chicano rap. Never really appealed to me . There is one San Diego rapper rn tho that is killing it in my opinion he got a dumb ass name but he hard , he goes by Lil Weirdo man that foo gets down. Also Swifty Blue from Paramount gets down 2

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 28th, 2019, 2:50 pm

It seems to me that black and brown graffiti styles heavily influenced each other in LA. It seems like in the early days Chicano gang graffiti really influenced a lot of Crips and bloods. Like those photos of “Varrio Rollin 60’s’ hit ups, and just the writing styles.

Nowadays from what I’ve been seeing, I think Black writing has major influence on Chicano gangs. For example, I always see black gangs drawing their hand signs on the wall, and now a lot of Chicano gangs do that too. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember that being big with Chicano gangs before.

Also writting an enemy list and wacking them all out with a K, I feel like that was a black gang thing, stemming from the original “CK” and “BK” back in the days. Now Chicano gangs do that too. Unless maybe they always have and I’m missing something.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 28th, 2019, 3:22 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:It seems to me that black and brown graffiti styles heavily influenced each other in LA. It seems like in the early days Chicano gang graffiti really influenced a lot of Crips and bloods. Like those photos of “Varrio Rollin 60’s’ hit ups, and just the writing styles.

Nowadays from what I’ve been seeing, I think Black writing has major influence on Chicano gangs. For example, I always see black gangs drawing their hand signs on the wall, and now a lot of Chicano gangs do that too. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember that being big with Chicano gangs before.

Also writting an enemy list and wacking them all out with a K, I feel like that was a black gang thing, stemming from the original “CK” and “BK” back in the days. Now Chicano gangs do that too. Unless maybe they always have and I’m missing something.

Yeah I think it's safe to say that Black gang graffiti in L.A. was largely influenced by cholo graffiti. And I too always thought that drawing handsigns on walls was more of a Black gang thing, but now I see Hispanic gangs do it too.

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » January 29th, 2019, 12:38 am

Hispanics always had the best graffiti. The reason why is because alot of hispanic gang members who be hitting up alot came from krews and are graffiti artist. There are alot of blacks who do they shit but as a gang i don't think nobody can fuck with Rockwood13 on the walls and thats because they are dedicated to their work. I knew a guy from Rockwood and Mobbin 4 Respect(M4R) and his art was crazy. I think Westlake and the Low bottom east side be having the best gang graffiti. MS13, 18st, and scGBZ got some good artist.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 29th, 2019, 1:41 am

Florencia and Crazy Riders be having some nice murals. That's the thing you never see Black gangs doing the elaborate murals of their hood like various Hispanic gangs do.

I think one reason is because there's more of a pride/identity with the neighborhood among Hispanic gangs; the varrio is who they are and where they're from, and many generations of their own family are from that varrio too -- so they're going to put more effort to represent it on the walls. It's seen less as just a "gang" and more of the land, territory, and familia they were born & raised in...

It's why a lot of Hispanic gangs don't even try to get creative with the names -- they just name it after the city or neighborhood -- Lawndale, Gardena, City Terrace, Sotel, Wilmas, Longo, Pasa, Inglewood, etc.

HEADHUNNAGANGX4
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by HEADHUNNAGANGX4 » January 29th, 2019, 2:29 am

Eses hit up harder gduz they do harder drugs , eses be off tweak and be up all night , blacks do weed and go to sleep right after lol plus ese gangs don't hang out on corners so they hafta get known someway , and eses is known for taggers so alot of eses probably came from tagging crews , but blacks do go hard in la on hit ups with fingers and blocvk letters , eses do old English murals that never get taken down

HEADHUNNAGANGX4
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by HEADHUNNAGANGX4 » January 29th, 2019, 2:31 am

Yeah HPS always been cool with 20's , and I seen down ass crazy riders in city stones hood too blue rag out and all

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » January 29th, 2019, 6:23 am

HEADHUNNAGANGX4 wrote:Eses hit up harder gduz they do harder drugs , eses be off tweak and be up all night , blacks do weed and go to sleep right after lol plus ese gangs don't hang out on corners so they hafta get known someway , and eses is known for taggers so alot of eses probably came from tagging crews , but blacks do go hard in la on hit ups with fingers and blocvk letters , eses do old English murals that never get taken down
You're a dumbfuck

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LAResident » January 29th, 2019, 6:24 am

HEADHUNNAGANGX4 wrote:Yeah HPS always been cool with 20's , and I seen down ass crazy riders in city stones hood too blue rag out and all
Crazy riders ain't over their it's easy riders you shit ball

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 30th, 2019, 1:33 am

TheAngels wrote:Florencia and Crazy Riders be having some nice murals. That's the thing you never see Black gangs doing the elaborate murals of their hood like various Hispanic gangs do.

I think one reason is because there's more of a pride/identity with the neighborhood among Hispanic gangs; the varrio is who they are and where they're from, and many generations of their own family are from that varrio too -- so they're going to put more effort to represent it on the walls. It's seen less as just a "gang" and more of the land, territory, and familia they were born & raised in...

It's why a lot of Hispanic gangs don't even try to get creative with the names -- they just name it after the city or neighborhood -- Lawndale, Gardena, City Terrace, Sotel, Wilmas, Longo, Pasa, Inglewood, etc.
true, ey but it also matters whats going on around the varrio too, and how much ground you have available, like avenues have the arroyo seco next to the freeway and the hillsides in the background, f yeah you're going to throw it up, but if your varrio is up door to door with your enemies, like in some areas, you just bomb it and move on, que no?

323Rocks
What city do you live in now?: Los angeles

Unread post by 323Rocks » January 12th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Im curious to know when did harpys come on the scene, Late 60s early 70s?? Also wasnt that clanton stomping ground before the harpys came along??

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”