O.C vs L.A beefs

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

O.C vs L.A beefs

Unread post by yoda100 » March 22nd, 2020, 10:31 pm

Are their any other instances of L.A vs O.C gang beef besides these? I know Lennox 13 is originally an L.A varrio, but they ended up setting up shop in Orange County aswell, specifically Anaheim, and ended up beefing with FOLKS 13 in Anaheim and eventually Plas 13 over in Placentia, California. The beef between Lennox 13 and Plas 13, started off as a fade here and there and then it escalated into murders. One night Lennox 13 drove over to Placentia and killed Fox and Cartoon R.I.P both from Plas 13.

I believe Barrio Pobre 13 is another instance of this, they were originally an L.A varrio, I believe they were once a click of SoxLos 13 and then started setting up shop other places, and starting beefs, they eventually settled a few different clicks, one in anaheim and another in long beach, I don't even think their compton set is active anymore.

SouthSideKrooks13 is another varrio originally from L.A, and ended up starting a click in Anaheim, California and beefing with other homegrown O.C sets. Their might be a few more, but these 3 L.A sets are the first that come to my mind with L.A vs O.C gang beefs.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: O.C vs L.A beefs

Unread post by yoda100 » March 22nd, 2020, 10:39 pm

How could I forget about 18st.. they tried setting up shop in Anaheim, California aswell from L.A, but were quickly evicted.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » March 23rd, 2020, 6:38 pm

SSK was originally South Side Kings. I read on here a while back they had an LA click. I don’t know which side was first. Back in the 90’s I never knew they had an LA connection. When they were taggers they were getting up pretty good at one point. In Anaheim they were originally South Side Kings before turning into South Side Krooks. I’ve never heard anyone say they were originally an LA gang before. But who knows. Orphans is another original LA based gang and Barrio Small Town from Long Beach too.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » March 23rd, 2020, 6:42 pm

Oh and BFTH in Anaheim was original from North Hollywood.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » March 28th, 2020, 7:40 pm

triplethreat wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 6:38 pm
SSK was originally South Side Kings. I read on here a while back they had an LA click. I don’t know which side was first. Back in the 90’s I never knew they had an LA connection. When they were taggers they were getting up pretty good at one point. In Anaheim they were originally South Side Kings before turning into South Side Krooks. I’ve never heard anyone say they were originally an LA gang before. But who knows. Orphans is another original LA based gang and Barrio Small Town from Long Beach too.
Yeah, they used to have a click out in Bellflower, California in L.A, in the early 90's, they're no longer around that area anymore, they had SSK clicks all over L.A, the L.A SSK came first, then later it was O.C SSK, it was a different vibe, different atmosphere back then, kid's saw it as a fad, and saw what came with it, partys, girls, money, fast life etc, these days, with this generation, its more about work and making money obviously, instead of just tagging all day, popping pills and partying, doing nothing in life lol. It was wierd, back then SSK13 was huge in L.A, now you rarely hear about them in L.A, it seems like their O.C counter parts are more active.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 28th, 2020, 10:17 pm

yoda100 wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 10:31 pm
Are their any other instances of L.A vs O.C gang beef besides these? I know Lennox 13 is originally an L.A varrio, but they ended up setting up shop in Orange County aswell, specifically Anaheim, and ended up beefing with FOLKS 13 in Anaheim and eventually Plas 13 over in Placentia, California. The beef between Lennox 13 and Plas 13, started off as a fade here and there and then it escalated into murders. One night Lennox 13 drove over to Placentia and killed Fox and Cartoon R.I.P both from Plas 13.

I believe Barrio Pobre 13 is another instance of this, they were originally an L.A varrio, I believe they were once a click of SoxLos 13 and then started setting up shop other places, and starting beefs, they eventually settled a few different clicks, one in anaheim and another in long beach, I don't even think their compton set is active anymore.

SouthSideKrooks13 is another varrio originally from L.A, and ended up starting a click in Anaheim, California and beefing with other homegrown O.C sets. Their might be a few more, but these 3 L.A sets are the first that come to my mind with L.A vs O.C gang beefs.
I wouldn’t consider them LA vs OC beefs
Barrio Pobre in OC claims Anaheim
Small Town in OC claim Anaheim and Santa Ana

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: OC

Unread post by Chicanoism » March 31st, 2020, 1:46 am

I don’t think you can call these examples LA vs. OC beefs. In these cases, gangs from LA tried to set up shop in OC. This has been going on for some time now. There are only a couple instances that I can think of where a chapter of an LA gang sets up in a neighborhood and claims it as there varrio. Most of these are nomad gangs, claiming a city or sometimes two like in the case of SA Drifters and GG Drifters. DFS don’t have a spot in OC and that’s why they won’t last. XV3 tried to set up shop 20 years ago in Anaheim but would get too much heat from surrounding gangs they would have to find somewhere else. To this day they don’t have a spot I’d say is hands down controlled by them. That’s why they never really grew here like they did in every other place in CA that XV3 has set up.

Besides BP and BST I don’t think any LA Chapter has moved to a spot and claimed it outright and survived there more than a few years. OPHS left Westminster, XV3 left Gilbert then Ball/Euclid..not sure where they are now. In my years, KK, LWS, CV132, OPHS, PBS, DFS, HHS, LNX have all tried to set up in OC. Some failed and are long gone, some are still trying but barely there, and the others are newer but will share the same fate. Without a neighborhood to call your own, it’s very difficult to survive.

But back to the question, since all the above gangs were OC factions, you can’t call them OC vs. LA rivals.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicanoism » March 31st, 2020, 1:57 am

SSK was a big tagging crew. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to crews, but I’d think the SSK in OC were possibly more renown than the ones in LA. I know every morning for years I’d see them bombed up on the 57 freeway. I don’t remember seeing them as much in LA. When the taggers became gangs, SSK quickly cliqued up with Cambridge Ave, a small gang in Anaheim that didn’t have much and was barely there. But now SSK has a hood so they’ve got a future (see my other post). But because SSK in OC and LA switched over to the dark side at the same time, I don’t think you can call SSK in Anaheim an LA gang. It’s not like they did it because LA did it. I could slowly see the evolution with all the battles they were doing. You cross that many people out, you’re gonna start making enemies.

BFTH was home grown in Anaheim. The two are not related and both sides will tell you that. In fact, I’ve seen put tires of BFTH in the mid 80’s and I don’t think the one from LA goes back that far.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicanoism » March 31st, 2020, 2:10 am

Here’s my example of LA vs. OC beefs

BSTN vs. HG (long time enemies)
RIP Droopy from HG

ESBP vs. VNWK (long time enemies)

WSLH vs. Whittier or La Puente (1970’s)

There have been other isolated incidents. A big one was when DST killed 2 guys from FxT. But that was idolated. I’m not sure if FxT ever got payback (I’m sure they tried). But the homies from DST didn’t have an enjoyable stay in OCJ and after one was stabbed they all locked it up (protective custody).

sickside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by sickside » May 8th, 2020, 1:28 pm

maravilla in Costa Mesa set up shop years ago and going at it with Little kings (something like that).

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » July 21st, 2020, 1:57 pm

sickside wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 1:28 pm
maravilla in Costa Mesa set up shop years ago and going at it with Little kings (something like that).
I heard about Maravilla setting up shop in Costa Mesa years ago too. But are they even there still???

And I think you are thinking about Little Town.

Is Costa Mesa even active right now? I know the gang scene died down alot in Costa Mesa.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”