BARRIO EVERGREEN

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
sneb101
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

BARRIO EVERGREEN

Unread post by sneb101 » December 1st, 2003, 7:17 pm

Does anybody know anything about barrio evergreen in east la???
post it

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: BARRIO EVERGREEN

Unread post by E`S`T » December 1st, 2003, 8:35 pm

http://www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fo ... ez/33.jpeg

I know they kick it at Evergreen Park in East L.A(Boyle Heights to be exact)

sneb101
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sneb101 » December 1st, 2003, 9:32 pm

ya i saw that and some other pics in the book east side stories

sneb101
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sneb101 » December 3rd, 2003, 4:13 pm

anyone else know anything???

SNAP400
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SNAP400 » January 10th, 2004, 4:12 am

YEAH the ESSAY HOMIEZ ACROSS THE STREET ARE FROM EVERGREEN. THEY TAKE ME TO THEIR HOOD WITH THEM SOME TIMES. THEIR HOOD IS IN EAST LA IN BOYLE HEIGTS BY ROOSEVELT HIGH. ITS PRETTY ACTIVE OVER THEIR IN GANGBANGIN. ITS WAR OVER THERE JUST LIKE IN SOUTH CENTREL. THE EVERGREENS ARE DEEP BUT MOST OF THE RIDAZ ARE IN JAIL

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 10th, 2004, 4:57 pm

The Evergreens actually have a small barrio. Their hood goes from 2nd to 4th Street from Evergreen Park (west) to Dacotah (east). Their neighborhood may extend further north to 1st but if it does, they are not that active there.

And they are not that active west of their park. They write on the walls alot, but most of the time it looks like the same hand writing giving the impression that they are deep. Monstor Kody talk about wall bangin' in his book and how graffiti is a way to get the mental edge over your enemies.

You may look at a hood that has alot of graffiti and think they are deep when thay are not and when I go through EG, i get that impression, but they do have control over one of the biggest parks.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 13th, 2004, 12:16 pm

SNAP400 wrote:YEAH the ESSAY HOMIEZ ACROSS THE STREET ARE FROM EVERGREEN. THEY TAKE ME TO THEIR HOOD WITH THEM SOME TIMES. THEIR HOOD IS IN EAST LA IN BOYLE HEIGTS BY ROOSEVELT HIGH. ITS PRETTY ACTIVE OVER THEIR IN GANGBANGIN. ITS WAR OVER THERE JUST LIKE IN SOUTH CENTREL. THE EVERGREENS ARE DEEP BUT MOST OF THE RIDAZ ARE IN JAIL
You go to Boyle Heights???

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 13th, 2004, 12:19 pm

sneb101 wrote:Does anybody know anything about barrio evergreen in east la???
post it
I really dont know where to begin, but if you have specific question I will answer them .

: :idea:

SNAP400
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SNAP400 » January 17th, 2004, 10:06 am

YEAH I GO TO BOYLE HEIGHTS, THEY DONT TRIP ON ME WHEN I GOT LIKE I SAID I GOT PEEPZ FROM EVERGREEN YA FEEL ME.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 17th, 2004, 3:50 pm

SNAP400 wrote:YEAH I GO TO BOYLE HEIGHTS, THEY DONT TRIP ON ME WHEN I GOT LIKE I SAID I GOT PEEPZ FROM EVERGREEN YA FEEL ME.
Did you know that ExG had a couple of black vatos from thier hood??? Ever meet any? I dont know if there are still any active, but back in my days there were a few like Silent, Crow, Scooby(mixed black/chicano) etc.
I know Scooby was killed a while back. His dad who is full on Black was an OG from ExG back in the late 60s/70s. Everyone from that area knows who he is. He also played footbal with my uncles for Roosevelt High so he was and is a well known vato. Peace

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 19th, 2004, 9:52 pm

Someone told me when a youngster gets jumped into Evergreen; they do it at Evergreen cementary; tradition he said. Maybe just cuento.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 20th, 2004, 3:45 pm

Impala wrote:Someone told me when a youngster gets jumped into Evergreen; they do it at Evergreen cementary; tradition he said. Maybe just cuento.
Nah thats not true. I seen them get jumped in back in the days in the Lanfranco Alley and behind the Casa Mexicana and the park

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 21st, 2004, 1:06 am

Yeah I thought so. It sounded like cuento when I heard it. Thanx for the feedback.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 30th, 2004, 4:44 pm

I knew a girl who lived across from the park, and most if not all of her family were from Evergreen. From what I remember they were pretty active in the early 90's, and they hold theirs down.

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ. » August 17th, 2005, 9:12 pm

ORALE GIBBY,

DID YOU EVER MEET "SHAZAM" FROM EVERGREEN BOYS ?

I MET HIM WHEN WE WERE BOTH IN 7TH GRADE AT BELVEDERE JR. HIGH...

I WAS ALREADY FROM "THE LOTT STONERS GANG" & SHAZAM WAS FROM "EVERGREEEN BOYS"

MOST PEOPLE THINK E.G. IS A NEWER HOOD BUT
ACTUALLY I MET A OLDER CHOLE WHEN I WAS IN MY YOUNG TEENS WHO WAS FROM "EVERGREEN DUKES"... THIS WAS IN THE EARLY 80'S SO I KNOW THEY (EVERGREEN) ARE AT LEAST FROM THE 70'S...

GIBB'S - DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHEN THEY CAME OUT ?

DID YOU EVER KNOW A VATO NAMED "BOO-BOO" FROM EVERGREEN,
LATER SWITCHED UP & IS KNOWN AS "POLO" FROM MC FORCE ?

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » August 22nd, 2005, 9:01 am

QVo,

Nah I never knew a Shazam or BooBoo. Im not sure on the year either. Ill check and see. I know they were out by the 60s for sure. Alrato

ricardoa
What city do you live in now?: East coast

Re:

Unread post by ricardoa » October 30th, 2008, 3:50 am

MARTINEZ. wrote:ORALE GIBBY,

DID YOU EVER MEET "SHAZAM" FROM EVERGREEN BOYS ?

I MET HIM WHEN WE WERE BOTH IN 7TH GRADE AT BELVEDERE JR. HIGH...

I WAS ALREADY FROM "THE LOTT STONERS GANG" & SHAZAM WAS FROM "EVERGREEEN BOYS"

MOST PEOPLE THINK E.G. IS A NEWER HOOD BUT
ACTUALLY I MET A OLDER CHOLE WHEN I WAS IN MY YOUNG TEENS WHO WAS FROM "EVERGREEN DUKES"... THIS WAS IN THE EARLY 80'S SO I KNOW THEY (EVERGREEN) ARE AT LEAST FROM THE 70'S...

GIBB'S - DO YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHEN THEY CAME OUT ?

DID YOU EVER KNOW A VATO NAMED "BOO-BOO" FROM EVERGREEN,
LATER SWITCHED UP & IS KNOWN AS "POLO" FROM MC FORCE ?

ORALE.
MARTINEZ
I know POLO he had a brother from SOTO STREET lil man...
Polo is R.I.P!!!

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » October 31st, 2008, 10:17 am

Rica

Unless you're a jura, I'm convince you're originally from the area (EAST LOS)

I know both those vatos up there...

I'm not too sure, Polo is R.I.P. - I thought he was still busted

I'll see if I can get a hold of Lil Man from SOTO ST (his carnal) to confirm this

ricardoa
What city do you live in now?: East coast

Unread post by ricardoa » October 31st, 2008, 6:38 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:Rica

Unless you're a jura, I'm convince you're originally from the area (EAST LOS)

I know both those vatos up there...

I'm not too sure, Polo is R.I.P. - I thought he was still busted

I'll see if I can get a hold of Lil Man from SOTO ST (his carnal) to confirm this
na homie i aint no jura..chales...i grew up on the corner of fickett and fairmount,so i know alot of jente ..beleive me polo is dead..lil man tatted me down...he does good jales ..this was like 10 years ago..

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 282828 » February 17th, 2009, 6:29 pm

they got some youngsters right now, i know some ogs from there. i know boy very well and he is in his late 50s so i think theyve been around since the early 60s i think, i used to get high over there with the older guys, a lot of em are tecatos now. as far as i know they started out as a football team and they used to be stoner types with long hair and listen to rock.. they didnt wanna be a part of white fence so they started theyre own shit.. they used to be real cool with wf but now theyre going at it pretty bad.. even though the older guys still kick it and get high with each other while the youngsters are warring. and yeah scooby rip was well known, i think they still got some brothers from there to this day though. and i heard they got a click out in el monte now too.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » February 18th, 2009, 11:10 am

282828 wrote: as far as i know they started out as a football team and they used to be stoner types with long hair and listen to rock.. they didnt wanna be a part of white fence so they started theyre own shit.. they used to be real cool with wf but now theyre going at it pretty bad.. even though the older guys still kick it and get high with each other while the youngsters are warring. and yeah scooby rip was well known, i think they still got some brothers from there to this day though. and i heard they got a click out in el monte now too.
Nah, they go back further than the football days. They actually had two football generations. Scoobies dad, Sxxxe, was part of the first football generation that became the EG Dukes, then it restarted when they started claiming EG Boys which was mostly the long hair generation in the 80s. Sxxxe's generation was the third generation of EG, first generation of football team. He played at Roosevelt too.

In the beginning it was never a thing of them not wanting to be part of The Fence and starting thier own thing. They always claimed The Fence when it was convienent for them. Martinez can confirm a vato claimin "Evergreen White Fence Familia" in YA. They tried to use my neighborhood as a crutch for them and it didnt play out.

Most of our 1980s beefs, particularly with MCF, TMC, CSL etc was behind us backing those fools up. They have along history of going to The Fence for support.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » February 18th, 2009, 2:04 pm

si'mon... EG BOYS was the Stoner generation for EVERGREEN

The older generation was the EVERGREEN DUKES... as Gibby mentioned ^^

They did have a well known vato in Y.A. claiming V. EVERGREEN ~ FAMILIA WHITE FENCE

and a vato I know from my jale from EL MONTE FLORES did confirm to me that thy tried setting up shop in Monte, but according to him
FLORES smashed them into submission and are no longer there

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”