Hawaiin Gardens

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Hawaiin Gardens

Unread post by Cheeks » January 2nd, 2004, 12:28 am

They haven't been very active ever since the last riot at Artesia High broke out. So far, what I know is, that HG stopped warring for a minute to recruit some younger kids, and have them mess with the kids at Middle School. But the adults always mess with the kids at Artesia. If you ask a Chivas, he'd say Hawaiin Gardens has only been messing with the blacks because of the war, and the fact Chiva's balancing the war of HG Vs Chivas out.

I believe you should ask Stateraised about Artesia, he's from a varrio. Very good conversation. But yeah, so far as I know HG hasn't been on the map for like a month or two.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Hawaiin Gardens

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 2nd, 2004, 1:26 am

Cheeks wrote:They haven't been very active ever since the last riot at Artesia High broke out. So far, what I know is, that HG stopped warring for a minute to recruit some younger kids, and have them mess with the kids at Middle School. But the adults always mess with the kids at Artesia. If you ask a Chivas, he'd say Hawaiin Gardens has only been messing with the blacks because of the war, and the fact Chiva's balancing the war of HG Vs Chivas out.

I believe you should ask Stateraised about Artesia, he's from a varrio. Very good conversation. But yeah, so far as I know HG hasn't been on the map for like a month or two.

cheeks, on this subject i can really only speak on what was happening when i was banging in the 70's thru '80's. back then it wasnt a war zone with the blacks. it was a varrio vs varrio thing in the area. it was ARTESIA and hawaiian gardens mainly.we had isolated lil incidents jumping off between us and norwalk. believe it or not we had a hotter war with neighborhood norwalk (nbd) than we had with varrio norwalk (vnwk) and vnwk was on one side of 166th st and artesia (chivas) on the other side. but the madness between ARTESIA and hawaiian gardens always has been going on. back in the late '60's to early '70's there was a big family from Los King Kobras (KK) and another family of brothers from e/s Primera Flats (PF) that lived in Chivas. chivas was there but there were only maybe 12-15 homies claiming chivas then. KK and PF peeps would war with the homies one day and the next day they would be drinking together, this went on for years until my compadre, who was from KK, moved out of chivas to Bell Gardens, where they started the Bell Gardens side of KK. during those days when the peeps from KK and PF lived in Chivas they were steadly fighting with vnwk so that brought more stuff between artesia and vnwk cause my homies from the varrio artesia had KK and PF back. also there were some veteranos from Compton Varrio Largo (cvl36) who use to come to chivas and kick it with us, KK and PF and they got pulled into the madness with vnwk...wasnt too much drive by's then, it was straight from the shoulders mostly but not always even though we had lil incidences between Artesia and vnwk we were more or less, mental wise, hating on HG. there was a drive by on HG by vnwk where a little girl named joyce ann huff was caught in the crossfire and killed. but lakewood was the middle ground between us and hawaiian gardens. both of us had alot of homies living there, right behind artesia high school was where we had a gang of homies, and still do. they'd catch us at a store and we'd catch them at a park or wherever and it was on, back and forth...
damm, im tired of all this damm typing...lol. but anyways thats what was up in that area back then, the 60's to late 70's/early 80's...peac.

Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cheeks » January 2nd, 2004, 2:56 am

Very interesting. I'd like to hear more about you, or speak to you on aim or something. Very interesting on your history. BTW. I called my homie up, 'Loco, he said only a few Chivas don't like us. So, I asked him, "We're cool with them and Artesia?" And he confirmed it. Sorry for the confusion.

I appreciate the story, kindness you've shown me when I've made accounts on my stupidity. Yeah. Any one else wanna speak on HG, go ahead.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » January 28th, 2004, 7:44 pm

say mangler. i cant call it on why them foolio's from the garras are war'ing. i try NOT to keep up on them people in hawaiian gardens...

Bumper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bumper » August 7th, 2004, 7:23 pm

Whats up cheeks, back in 84-58 Big Homie Fox use to take us youngsters up to Chivas business and kick it, Chivas gave us Largeros 36 lots of respect. Big ups and respect to Chivas.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » August 8th, 2004, 3:01 am

say badboy, back in '71 your homie Beto use to come to chivas and at that time he was with a hyna named maryjane from queen kobras. been alot of years and i cant recall any other names of your homies but there was quite a few of them that use to come with beto.

Bumper
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bumper » August 8th, 2004, 9:06 pm

WHats up Cheeks, we use to roll with our big homie Dido RIP , yeh and big Beto was always in the area.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 21st, 2004, 8:33 pm

HG is not inactive. I lived around their about 3 years ago and they were always around. I even kicked it with them on their block one night. On another occasion they were deep a.. fu.. going through Lakewood, they were about to fu.. me up because they thought I was from Artesia. When I lived In SE Los they were very active and when I go around now I still see them around.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 23rd, 2004, 9:36 am

YEAH THEY racist and activ

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » August 23rd, 2004, 3:34 pm

Yea they are but honestly they hate everyone who isnt from HG. Their real shady vatos.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 23rd, 2004, 5:31 pm

STRAWBERRY PICKERS YOU SAID?