Green Meadow Park Boys

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Green Meadow Park Boys

Unread post by alexalonso » April 4th, 2012, 1:46 am

Has anyone ever heard of Green Meadow Park Boys, in the area of 88th & Avalon near Avalon Gardens? They were active in 1981 and 1982, because the 89 Family Swans shot a few of them and went to prison.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Green Meadow Park Boys

Unread post by H572DSTA » April 4th, 2012, 6:51 am

who is over there nowadays just south of the park ?

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: north las vegas

Unread post by spadeloc » June 21st, 2012, 7:21 am

I heard about them in an old murder case from back in the days...I read about it some where but I can't remember....from what Ican tell they seemed to be one the swans main enemies from way back....I wish I could remember what Iwas reading but they were mentioned.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 21st, 2017, 5:15 am

spadeloc wrote:I heard about them in an old murder case from back in the days...I read about it some where but I can't remember....from what Ican tell they seemed to be one the swans main enemies from way back....I wish I could remember what Iwas reading but they were mentioned.
Barry "Big Time" Williams, was charged with a 1981 shooting where he wanted to shoot Avalon Gardens Crips and Meadow Park Boys.

b. The Green Meadow Park shooting

Arthur Cox testified that, in June 1981, he attended a meeting at Margot Bridges's house attended by seven or eight members of the 89th Street Family Bloods. According to Cox, defendant and Junior Bridges led the meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to plan a shooting of the members of the Green Meadow Park Boys gang and the Avalon Garden Crips gang (if they were present), at Green Meadow Park. Shotguns and handguns were laid out on the floor at the meeting; defendant picked up a .357-caliber handgun and said he would use that. Defendant did not mention wanting to shoot any particular individual. The people at the meeting were just supposed to be there and shoot whoever was at the park. For transport, they were going to use a blue Cadillac belonging to a fellow gang member known as "Hang Bang." The guns were stored at Margot Bridges's house.

Lea Stoneham, who worked as a pool attendant at Green Meadow Park, had known defendant since elementary school. She testified that, at approximately 9:20 p.m. on the night of June 16, 1981, she saw a blue Cadillac, which she recognized from the neighborhood as belonging to Michael Wilson (whom she also knew as "Bang"), approach the area of an outdoor stage at the park. Five or ten minutes later, Stoneham saw defendant and one other person walk towards the stage.

Carol Freeman testified that, at Green Meadow Park that night, she was among a group of about 10 people gathered about an outdoor stage. They were just laughing and talking; no one had any weapons. Lea Stoneham testified she saw defendant and one other person shooting at this group of people from behind nearby bushes. According to Stoneham, defendant fired in the direction of the stage with a handgun he carefully aimed through a gap in the bushes. Carol Freeman and Anthony Debose sustained shooting injuries. Donald Billingsley was killed by a bullet that defendant's weapon was capable of firing.

Arthur Cox testified he went back to Margot Bridges's house on the morning after Donald Billingsley had been shot. Defendant and others were there, according to Cox, discussing what had happened at Green Meadow Park on the previous night. Defendant said he did not shoot the person who had died from a shotgun wound, as he had been carrying a .357-caliber weapon. Junior Bridges said that a girl had been shot in the hand. [16 Cal. 4th 185]

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » March 21st, 2017, 8:19 am

amazing a gang in that area in that time period not align with c or b ? i dont know were i read that but wasnt there a hustler set around that park obviously not in 81