Barrio Unido

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Barrio Unido

Unread post by yoda100 » October 14th, 2018, 4:29 pm

I was on instagram, and there was a few O.G's from Eastside Longo talking about a pic that someone had posted up, It is a picture of a deceased ESL member by the name of "Flash", and they said that the tagging behind him that has "ESL BU XIVst 1981" actually stands for Eastside Longo Barrio Unido clicka, and not the "Barrio Viejo" clicka, they were then stating that this click is no longer active and is defunct.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Barrio Unido

Unread post by yoda100 » October 14th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Eastside Longo defunct click "Barrio Unido" not "Barrio Viejo", some people believed it was a "BV" in the picture, but its been confirmed by Eastside Longo O'Gs that it stood for "BU", a defunct ESL click from the 1980s.
Attachments
Barrio Unido click.jpg
Barrio Unido click.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 5131 times

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 15th, 2018, 2:59 pm

Good pic yoda, but ey, was it really an official clique? 14st is a clique for sure, but barely i remember my boy norman (diablo) from ESL saying that BULs was vatos from diff cliques kicking it ???

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » October 16th, 2018, 12:25 am

[quote="Lonewolf"]Good pic yoda, but ey, was it really an official clique? 14st is a clique for sure, but barely i remember my boy norman (diablo) from ESL saying that BULs was vatos from diff cliques kicking it ???[/quote]

I had a talk with a reputable from ESL, and he confirmed it was an official clique, we talked on instagram, so i'll go by his word and also those O.G's from longo who were talking about it, trip out on this, I was skimming through flickr, and a vato by the name of Howard Gribble, shout out to him lol, has pictures of an old book called "Street Gangs of Los Angeles County from 1982", if you go to, Eastside Longo, it has "Barrio Unido" as one of its clicks, continued by, 14th Street, Dukes, Santos, Vagos, Chicos and Chicos Malos. So in other words, yes it used to be an official clicka from Eastside Longo.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 16th, 2018, 10:18 pm

yoda100 wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Good pic yoda, but ey, was it really an official clique? 14st is a clique for sure, but barely i remember my boy norman (diablo) from ESL saying that BULs was vatos from diff cliques kicking it ???
I had a talk with a reputable from ESL, and he confirmed it was an official clique, we talked on instagram, so i'll go by his word and also those O.G's from longo who were talking about it, trip out on this, I was skimming through flickr, and a vato by the name of Howard Gribble, shout out to him lol, has pictures of an old book called "Street Gangs of Los Angeles County from 1982", if you go to, Eastside Longo, it has "Barrio Unido" as one of its clicks, continued by, 14th Street, Dukes, Santos, Vagos, Chicos and Chicos Malos. So in other words, yes it used to be an official clicka from Eastside Longo.

Orale sounds good.

yoda100
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yoda100 » January 6th, 2019, 2:30 pm

It seems Eastside Longo's have another defunct click, interesting.. I've looked at all of the ESL clicks and this one does not come up for some reason.. if anyone can answer this one, that'd be great, back in 1987, a newer click with young members had came up, called the "Crazy Rascals" "CRS" click, wonder what happened to this certain click.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: OC

Unread post by Chicanoism » August 8th, 2019, 9:36 pm

yoda100 wrote:
> Eastside Longo defunct click "Barrio Unido" not "Barrio
> Viejo", some people believed it was a "BV" in the picture,
> but its been confirmed by Eastside Longo O'Gs that it stood for
> "BU", a defunct ESL click from the 1980s.

This might have been my Instagram page where you saw the photo and accompanying dialogue. That was one thing my page (SouthernHispanics) was known for.

Yes, BU was Barrio Unidos. Other clikas that aren’t around anymore for ESL are Vida Nueva (the original clika in ESL) and Centro.

[quote=yoda100 post_id=8786454 time=1539674744 user_id=79084]
[quote="Lonewolf"]Good pic yoda, but ey, was it really an official clique? 14st is a clique for sure, but barely i remember my boy norman (diablo) from ESL saying that BULs was vatos from diff cliques kicking it ???[/quote]

14th Street was not a clika. It was just an area where they would hang out. VN, Dukes, Pequeños, Malos, Malditos, BV were 14th Street. Playboyz were 8th Street. Stoners were 11th, etc.