Judson Baycot (1949 - ), most OG Crip in Los Angeles history

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Judson Baycot (1949 - ), most OG Crip in Los Angeles history

Unread post by alexalonso » July 28th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Judson Baycot, was born in 1949, 4 years before Raymond Washington and Stanley Tookie Williams. He was among the several Westside Crips arrested in the 1972 murder of Robert Ballou and was sent to prison for it. He grew up in the hood that is now 83 Gangster Crip, and he is still alive and well.

Of all the OGs I know of the early Crips formation and of all that I have not met, but heard of, I dont think there is one that is more OG than Judson Baycot.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Judson Baycot - most OG Crip in Los Angeles history

Unread post by dinky » July 29th, 2013, 10:38 am

Is he the older brother of O.G Jeffery Bacot? who was shot and wounded as he and Sidewinder of eight tray went into Rollin 60s neighbourhood to try and resolve the dispute after the shooting of Tyrone which instigated the etg 60s war. In an interview i saw, Jeffery Bacot said his older brother was a G with a serious reputation.

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by comptonblockz » July 29th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Munson? In 'blue rage,black redemption' Took said Munson was on Raymond's head all the time.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 29th, 2013, 10:33 pm

dinky wrote:Is he the older brother of O.G Jeffery Bacot? who was shot and wounded as he and Sidewinder of eight tray went into Rollin 60s neighbourhood to try and resolve the dispute after the shooting of Tyrone which instigated the etg 60s war. In an interview i saw, Jeffery Bacot said his older brother was a G with a serious reputation.
yeah, his younger brother was one of the founders of 83 Gangster Crips when they were first Original Gangster Crips.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 1st, 2013, 12:57 am

comptonblockz wrote:Munson? In 'blue rage,black redemption' Took said Munson was on Raymond's head all the time.
I dont think the Munson's were ever Crips, so even though the Munsons were older, they were never Crips.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 6th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Judson Baycot and Big Bob the Hawk

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » August 9th, 2013, 3:23 pm

alexalonso wrote:

Judson Baycot and Big Bob the Hawk
That is one of the greatest interviews ever. Probably one of the best first-hand interviews on crip history.

1. Robert Ballou wasn't wearing a leather jacket.
2. Robert Ballou was killed by Compton Crips.
3. Inglewood Family's??? (NOT SURE IF Them were the first to start shooting in gang banging).

Great Info.

Questions:

So, West SIDE crips are now what is considered R60's and ETGs as an example.

Also, DID those west side crips convert into r60s or ETGs. That barefoot pookie guy said he was a w/s crip but also founder of Gardena Shotgun Crips? So did the ogs keep it W/S crip or go into sub-divisions?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 10th, 2013, 12:42 am

They told me that West Side Crips went to about Van Ness Ave to the West and Gage to the north, Imperial to the South and About Fig to the east, so the area that became 60s from the original West Side Crip area would have been Van Ness (w) to Western (e) from Florence (s) to Gage, which is the area around Horace Mann Jr. High School. All the West Side Crip I met lived between Western and Vermont.

The Chain Gang in Inglewood covered the area south of Florence (n) to Imperial (s) from about Van Ness (w) to Praire (w) and now all that area got divided into different Blood hood like IFG, Center Park, Avenue Piru and Crenshaw Mafia.

Barefoot Pookie was a few years younger than Big Bob and Baycot so he was part of some of those new hoods. For example, Melvin "Skull" Farmer was a Westside Crip, but since he was a younger member, he became a founding member of ETG. I think Farmer was born in 1957.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 11th, 2013, 1:19 am

very interresting .. now from wich branch of west side og's did sixtees split out ? smacks alcapone and inglewood crips who came outa inglewood village no?

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » August 11th, 2013, 11:18 am

Bacot is not "the most OG" crip in Los Angeles History.

He didnt started ESC, WSC, or CPT/C.....he was a regular member who joined a gang that was already established....

The Founders are "the most" OG....he is part of the first wave, but he didnt start or find, any Crip Branch (w/s, e/s, cpt) or Set (BC/NH/UG/H/83/60)............

in reality, gotta question, what this 20yr old man was doing running with Juvenile Deliquents in 1970-1972.....

Crips 1969

Bacot 1949

--------
20yrs old (Bacot)

Raymond Washington(ESC), Melvin Hardy(WSC), Mac Thomas (CPT) ~ 1953

-------
16yrs old

You cant say Barefoot Pookie was Younger then Bacot to discredit or down play his influence, when the Founders were also younger then Bacot......Barefoot Pookie is an Original Smak that was there when they merged with the Crips, Original WSC and started Godfather Crips, Insane Crips, Pay Back Crips and was from an original Bloc Crip.....His Influence Trumps Bacot and Bob..........

1972 (The Murder)
---------------
23yrs old Bacot

I bet you Bacot and Bob were from so other Gang that got absorb by the Crips.......

Raymond Washington, Melvin Hardy and Mac Thomas are "the Most" OG Crips of Los Angeles and barefoot Pookie picked up the Torch from them and explanded like no other...............

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 11th, 2013, 1:20 pm

xxx wrote:Bacot is not "the most OG" crip in Los Angeles History.

He didnt started ESC, WSC, or CPT/C.....he was a regular member who joined a gang that was already established....

The Founders are "the most" OG....he is part of the first wave, but he didnt start or find, any Crip Branch (w/s, e/s, cpt) or Set (BC/NH/UG/H/83/60)............

in reality, gotta question, what this 20yr old man was doing running with Juvenile Deliquents in 1970-1972.....

Crips 1969

Bacot 1949

--------
20yrs old (Bacot)

Raymond Washington(ESC), Melvin Hardy(WSC), Mac Thomas (CPT) ~ 1953

-------
16yrs old

You cant say Barefoot Pookie was Younger then Bacot to discredit or down play his influence, when the Founders were also younger then Bacot......Barefoot Pookie is an Original Smak that was there when they merged with the Crips, Original WSC and started Godfather Crips, Insane Crips, Pay Back Crips and was from an original Bloc Crip.....His Influence Trumps Bacot and Bob..........

1972 (The Murder)
---------------
23yrs old Bacot

I bet you Bacot and Bob were from so other Gang that got absorb by the Crips.......

Raymond Washington, Melvin Hardy and Mac Thomas are "the Most" OG Crips of Los Angeles and barefoot Pookie picked up the Torch from them and explanded like no other...............
The most OG Westside Crips are the ones that were there in 1970, simple. Some names you mention were not there in 1970 and that is not to "discredit" them, but to get to the most accurate facts. If you hit the streets in 1971, and there were at least 10 other cats there in 1970, then those are more OG, period.

Baycot was actually 22 when he went to prison for Ballou murder because his birthday is near end of year and the arrest was at beginning of year.

Also, Baycot and Big Bob have no "Big Homies" - Tookie (if alive would definitely be most OG too), but he was the little homie at the time, but still a leader. But there were only about 8 - 10 guys at the park when Tookie said lets be Westside Crips. If you were not there, you were not the most OG.

You are discrediting Baycot and Big Bobs influence because they were sent to prison on some other shit during the rest of the 1970s. Ask ANYONE, who name rings louder back then and today I guarantee Bacot's name will get more accolades, and again I am not discrediting anyone, just keeping it real. They guys sent to prison are forgotten, Bub, Cuzz, Big Bob and Bacot were Crippin' in prison and xxx wants to discredit their role and positions. Bub was killed, Cuzz does not hang-out, but Big Bob and Bacot still hang out in the park and most of the Original Crips still alive from that period can't even visit their own hood's today.

Last point is, Tookie, Big Bob, Baycot, all knew each other before Crip started, they all lived off Denker between the 60s and the 80s and they all hung out at St Andrews Park. I see nothing unusual that 16 & 17 years olds hanging out with 19 & 20 year olds on the streets. That always happens.

Also I look forward to hearing Barefoot Pookie's story. He is definitely a big part of the history during the 1970s.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » August 11th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Raymond Washington started The Crips on the Eastside in 1969....

They had a meeting with Melvin Hardy and the Smaks along with the Inglewood Crips at the Rio Theater on Imperial & Western, then followed by the meeting at Washington High to make it official in 1971....and Tookie wasn't there....

Tookie was brought around after the Crips were formed. He was in Eastlake Juvenile hall when Crips started. He was an Al Capone...Donald Sweet Back brought him to the 100s when he got out to meet the Crips.....so that thing about "lets all be Westside Crips" is Fiction.....

WSC didn't start in 1970 and it didn't start at St. Andrews Park and it didn't start in the 80s (streets)....

I'm not discredited Big Bob or Bacot, I've meet both years ago, they have extras, these old dudes are trying to position themselves....you have to question these dudes not just listen, they'll tell you anything.......ask them you turned them into Crips, where there Crip influence comes from.....they ain't original Eastside Crips, so someone influenced them......they age don't make them big homies to the founders, especially you ain't a founder. Came after the founders....

Melvin Hardy house on 113th & Denker was WSC headquarters ans if you weren't Originally a Smak gang member you wasn't part of the first crew of WS Crips...

Al Capones and the kids living in the 6os to the 80s (streets) joined after the fact......

I think it is odd for 20yr olds out of school to join a gang created by and ran by teenagers in high school.....that tells me they joined after the fact.....

BarefootPookies story already been told.....check the Allhood Issue......

Only the Founders impact is bigger then Loonies...loonies influence stretched from the 30s to the 100s, Gardens to Long Beach...Bob and Bacot ain't left The Park....

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » August 11th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Pookies*

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » August 11th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Gardena*

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » August 11th, 2013, 4:13 pm

xxx-Good info!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 12th, 2013, 2:20 am

I was talking about Barefoot Pookie's book, i know his story is out. And no one is denying the influence of what was happening in the 100s when WSC started. Bacot will tell you him self that they hung out there all the time and all day. All I am saying is that they were there in the beginning, the very beginning of WSC and you are saying that Bacot and Big Bob were not original founders of WSC with Tookie. I got it.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » August 12th, 2013, 8:19 am

That's would I'm saying Tookie was not their when WSC was formed....

Bob and Bacot are suspect cuz of their age.....and cuz they telling you it started at St Andrews Park...it didn't...so I question their agenda.....

I'm saying they joined after the fact..unless they were at the Rio Theater in 1971 when Raymond Washington and the ESC and Inglewood Crips showed up to fight the Smaks, then Naw they werent the first crew....

They 22yrs old joining a teenage high school gang... I think sumthing is odd about that...

What were they doing in High School...what gang did they run with when they went to Washington High...

+ 14
------
1963-1969 Bacot was in High School, before Crips existed....what gang was he in in High School?

Thats when niggas become official in a gang in High School....that's when you form your bonds with your peers in your own age group.......you dont run around with kids in Jr High........

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 12th, 2013, 12:37 pm

[quote="Quepolo3"]xxx-Good info![/quote]revolutionary info !!! very interesting ...fuccin hate this man but he knows his shit that is fact

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » August 12th, 2013, 1:31 pm

bgcasper wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:xxx-Good info!
revolutionary info !!! very interesting ...fuccin hate this man but he knows his shit that is fact
No doubt! He's very knowledgable, as are you. This is the kind of info. that makes this site special. Keep sharing mi Hermano's.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 14th, 2013, 2:30 pm

xxx wrote:
They 22yrs old joining a teenage high school gang... I think sumthing is odd about that...
In 1970, Baycot was 20 years old and Big Bob was 18. They knew each other since the 1960s going back to their teen age years, probably 2 to 3 years before that, so they were 18 & 16 respectively in the 1960s and all these future westsiders knew each other during the 1960s. I dont know how long they knew Tookie before WSC, but they all lived in the same area.

Tricky69
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Desert

Unread post by Tricky69 » August 14th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Tricky69
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tricky69 » August 14th, 2013, 6:41 pm

part 2

Tricky69
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tricky69 » August 14th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Zane Smith

Tricky69
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tricky69 » August 14th, 2013, 7:25 pm

This last Zane Smith video was posted on other thread. Reposted to compare different point of views of how it started.

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueMoon » August 14th, 2013, 9:54 pm

According to Zane smith he started the original Compton crips......I don't know about all that......Mac Thomas was an original eastside crip before bringin ftit to Compton.....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 15th, 2013, 7:33 am

[quote="BlueMoon"]According to Zane smith he started the original Compton crips......I don't know about all that......Mac Thomas was an original eastside crip before bringin ftit to Compton.....[/quote] nice interview with a gang of detail of the first piru and how the beef started
well he said it himself mac was in freemont thats were he got crippin' from

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » August 20th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Would it be safe to say according to ZANE that Compton Crips were formed in response to the Piru Gang? Then Compton Crips form and align with the crips. Also, heard rumor PIRUS were down with the crips, which beef with CCs "COULD HAVE" led them to associating with the Brims, and all other BLOODS.

All I'm thinking is hearing this info and filling the gaps? What do the rest of you think?

Good info
Tricky69 wrote:

Zane Smith

comptonblockz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by comptonblockz » August 21st, 2013, 12:50 am

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:Would it be safe to say according to ZANE that Compton Crips were formed in response to the Piru Gang? Then Compton Crips form and align with the crips. Also, heard rumor PIRUS were down with the crips, which beef with CCs "COULD HAVE" led them to associating with the Brims, and all other BLOODS.

All I'm thinking is hearing this info and filling the gaps? What do the rest of you think?

Good info
Tricky69 wrote:

Zane Smith
Stickupkid,I didn't get that from Zane. From what I read in 'Blue Rage,Black Redemption' by the time Tookie and w/s crew got to Compton,Mac Thomas had already started the crips there,and Raymond converted the Pirus into Piru Crips,against Mac's wishes,but it didn't last long. I'd say the Pirus were formed in response to the crips,and not the other way around.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 21st, 2013, 4:58 am

Would it be safe to say according to ZANE that Compton Crips were formed in response to the Piru Gang?
no i didnt hear it this way i would say there were already crips and cool with pirus who was just another crew but friendly until zane story errupted thats what i understood ...well like cptbloccs is sayi its the otherway around

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » August 23rd, 2013, 11:43 am

I interpret that the "PIRU" Street Boys were already established as a gang/crew with no affilliations to bloods or crips. Zane and his buddies were from the other parts of CPT where the CC's eventually evolved.

During this altercation, Did Mack and the CCs already exist??? IDK. Zane made it sound as if he had no affiliations and they formed after this incident. I could be wrong? Now, did Zane have his own gang which later aligned with Mack and his CCs and formed a bigger CC.

Now, because Piru Street didn't get along with Zane/Mack did they disassociate with the Crips because there was too much tension and later became Bloods?

Another question Were there COMPTON CRIPS before Piru Street formed as a gang with no blood or crip affiliation?

Thanks for your answers.

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Los

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » September 25th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Good fucken read...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 28th, 2013, 5:36 am

[quote="stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT"]I interpret that the "PIRU" Street Boys were already established as a gang/crew with no affilliations to bloods or crips. Zane and his buddies were from the other parts of CPT where the CC's eventually evolved.

During this altercation, Did Mack and the CCs already exist??? IDK. Zane made it sound as if he had no affiliations and they formed after this incident. I could be wrong? Now, did Zane have his own gang which later aligned with Mack and his CCs and formed a bigger CC.

Now, because Piru Street didn't get along with Zane/Mack did they disassociate with the Crips because there was too much tension and later became Bloods?

Another question Were there COMPTON CRIPS before Piru Street formed as a gang with no blood or crip affiliation?

Thanks for your answers.[/quote]
yes mack thomas was introduced to crippin in the cradle when they was still cribs everybody who was part of freemont original circle had been crippin before any bloods existed and it was prior to the incident zane described and yes grandees were compton crips before ane beef