Gangsta Rap: Interscope, aftermath, g unit records ....

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Strong_Sider

Gangsta Rap: Interscope, aftermath, g unit records ....

Unread post by Strong_Sider » January 2nd, 2006, 4:05 pm

anybody notice the puppet strings all these "gangster" rappers have and who's pulling them? Dre denounces gangster rap after death row, doesnt sell any records so he recruits young talent and starts wax bangin again - making Jimmy iovine (Interscope) super rich like the pac days.... 50 cent gets shot, raps about it until the whole world knows, starts beef with anyone who'll listen to sell records -- while Iovine Gets rich with NO risk of dying... then Game, the poster boy for L.A. gangbanging follows the same formula, was shot, disses everyone(then kisses jay z's ass), beats up a radio DJ, gets one of his friends shot by 50's security, and starts the g unot campaign -- all the while Iovine's collecting checks from the comfort of his multimillion dollar estate with no dangers of gang retaliation, street repercussions, or threat of doing jail time... seriously, i know artists are making millions but this exploitation at OUR (minority, people truly in the trenches/ frontlines) expense is ridiculous... I'm all for hip hop and good music, I think Game can go platinum on talent alone but this is some real shit going on with all the REAL players washing their hands over our dead homies from corporate offices... just thought i'd share my little rant..... u thought Suge was the real gangster behind death row didnt you? even thought it was harry o? its that little woody allen looking type man holding all the strings from then till now...

Wood Ru
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Gangsta Rap: Interscope, aftermath, g unit records ....

Unread post by Wood Ru » January 2nd, 2006, 4:11 pm

Strong_Sider wrote:anybody notice the puppet strings all these "gangster" rappers have and who's pulling them? Dre denounces gangster rap after death row, doesnt sell any records so he recruits young talent and starts wax bangin again - making Jimmy iovine (Interscope) super rich like the pac days.... 50 cent gets shot, raps about it until the whole world knows, starts beef with anyone who'll listen to sell records -- while Iovine Gets rich with NO risk of dying... then Game, the poster boy for L.A. gangbanging follows the same formula, was shot, disses everyone(then kisses jay z's ass), beats up a radio DJ, gets one of his friends shot by 50's security, and starts the g unot campaign -- all the while Iovine's collecting checks from the comfort of his multimillion dollar estate with no dangers of gang retaliation, street repercussions, or threat of doing jail time... seriously, i know artists are making millions but this exploitation at OUR (minority, people truly in the trenches/ frontlines) expense is ridiculous... I'm all for hip hop and good music, I think Game can go platinum on talent alone but this is some real shit going on with all the REAL players washing their hands over our dead homies from corporate offices... just thought i'd share my little rant..... u thought Suge was the real gangster behind death row didnt you? even thought it was harry o? its that little woody allen looking type man holding all the strings from then till now...
Real spit right here good post.

305 Cuban Boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 305 Cuban Boy » January 2nd, 2006, 9:37 pm

word

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » January 6th, 2006, 9:19 am

good post...

Strong_Sider

Unread post by Strong_Sider » January 8th, 2006, 10:40 pm

appreciate the fact you all took the time to read my rant... just had to vent a little bit about this situation..... good looking out

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 8th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Hey, it's the truth. You got Clearchannel, Viacom, and interscope, to name a few, those who control the music or entertainment industry in on form or another. They create ," Corperate Thugs", like 50 to sell murder to kids, and to destroy what's left of Hip Hop. remeber Jazz?, look what happened in that situation. All this beefin between Rapperes, and all of this other Bullsh*t is Marketing, even if the artists don't realize it. They feed into it, just like your average fan, even when they know better. Where are all the conscious rappers at, do you think they get any spin on your local stations?, NOT!!!, that postive, or rebellious rap does not sell, and it undermines what these Labels really stand for. They don't give a F*ck about you, the artist or the music, only tthe revenue it brings, think about it!

Return to “Music and News”