How did The EASTCOAST/WESTCOAST Beef Really Started ????

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

How did The EASTCOAST/WESTCOAST Beef Really Started ????

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » January 8th, 2004, 6:59 pm

Everyone Thinks this all started out with The NOTORIOUS B.I.G.and Tupac Shakur(R.I.P. to Both). I think it started with Tim Dog(A Rapper From The Bronx) Around in the 92-93 Years. Being that the West Coast was taking over the rap chart, He probably was Jealous. He made A Song Called"F#@$ Compton" and he was dissing Easy E., Dre, NWA,etc.....Mostly rappers from Compton.At the end of that song he said "Here's somethin to let Y'all know the westcoast and takin over because we aint havin that $@%%"....Then Snoop replied in the "F$#! with Dre Day" song"Tim Dog could eat a Big Fat $&^@"......Then on Tweedy Bird Loc album He has a Song Called"F#@$ South Bronx"

Then Luke(Who is from Miami) Had a song called"Cowards in Compton".....Then of Course You know Dre Replied in the same song Snoop dissed Tim Dog in. I think it wasnt Really Westcoast VS Eastcoast Beef. I think it was just Rappers was just jealous of other Artist status then, Because why Would Luke wanna diss Compton ? Tim Dog wasnt No Star Rapper, he was more undergroud, so they probably dissed them for publicity.....How Y'all Think it started ?

flyd

Re: How did The EASTCOAST/WESTCOAST Beef Really Started ????

Unread post by flyd » January 8th, 2004, 11:49 pm

i think it was just a good way to sell more records

wickedbaby25
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wickedbaby25 » March 25th, 2004, 9:30 am

the whole west coast east coast beef has been going on way before tupac(r.i.p.)and biggie smalls(r.i.p) i'm just going on what i hear in rappers dissin one another.way to many studio gangsta sellin records. to me if you gotta diss a nother rapper to make recorde sales you ain't got skill to me. but about the west and east, i think it had to do with too short who was from oakland califorina,and mobb deep.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » March 29th, 2004, 4:32 pm

IN MY HONEST OPINION, EAST COAST WAS REAL JEALOUS WHEN THE WEST COAST CAME AND DOMINATED THE RAP GAME. AFTER PAC GOT SHOT, EVERYONE FORGOT ABOUT THE WEST COAST. I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT, THERE HAS BEEN A DROP OFF OF BIG NAMES COMING OUT OF CALI, BUT THERE IS STILL GOOD TALENT, IT'S JUST LESSER NAMES DON'T GET THE CHANCE TO SHINE CAUSE THERE NOT WITH BAD BOY, ROCA FELLA OR DRE. BUT THE EAST HATES ON WEST COAST MUSIC. NO AIR PLAY ON MTV, BET, OR WEAK A$$ SOURCE MAG. WEST COAST GIVES LOVE TO JAY-Z, 50 AND REAL ONES, YET THE EAST CONTINUES TO SLEEP ON US. SO F-EM, I SAY WE BOYCOTT THERE MUSIC.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 29th, 2004, 7:51 pm

GTS wrote:IN MY HONEST OPINION, EAST COAST WAS REAL JEALOUS WHEN THE WEST COAST CAME AND DOMINATED THE RAP GAME. AFTER PAC GOT SHOT, EVERYONE FORGOT ABOUT THE WEST COAST. I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT, THERE HAS BEEN A DROP OFF OF BIG NAMES COMING OUT OF CALI, BUT THERE IS STILL GOOD TALENT, IT'S JUST LESSER NAMES DON'T GET THE CHANCE TO SHINE CAUSE THERE NOT WITH BAD BOY, ROCA FELLA OR DRE. BUT THE EAST HATES ON WEST COAST MUSIC. NO AIR PLAY ON MTV, BET, OR WEAK A$$ SOURCE MAG. WEST COAST GIVES LOVE TO JAY-Z, 50 AND REAL ONES, YET THE EAST CONTINUES TO SLEEP ON US. SO F-EM, I SAY WE BOYCOTT THERE MUSIC.

I would agree with u on a lot but to boycott the music is taking it to far, you hating on the east for having no control of what bet or mtv plays. Im sure if you was a rapper and gettin all the air play you would not be complaning just out there getting yours. Yeah its not fair but thats life.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 3rd, 2004, 8:23 pm

YEAH HOMIE WE NEED TO BOYCOT THEIR MUSIC FUC THEM , WE NEED TO EVEN BOYCOT RAPERS FROM OUR CITY THAT ARE COPYCATIN THEIR STYLE , WE NEED TO KEEP IT REAL WEST WE HAVE OR SHOULD I SAY WE HAD AN ID BACK THEN WITH THE G FUNK WE SHOULD KEEP IT GANG G AND FUNK ........ GAY DRE KILLA
XIBITCH KILLA
EVERY WEST COAST ARTIST THAT SOUND EAST KILLA
ALL L.A DJ KILLA ECEPT JULIO G

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 4th, 2004, 12:40 am

I like all kinds of music and listen to most everything if it sounds good to me.

troy b
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by troy b » April 10th, 2004, 10:27 pm

NY ppls were gettin mad cuz cali started sellin more records

TAADOW
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TAADOW » May 6th, 2004, 1:21 am

When i heard Dre Day i was like who the fukc is Tim poodle?
When i heard his own flows we was like couldnt stop laughing at this Tim poodle..He was WAK as like puffy.
That fool was like making a mockery of him own self..
I could not stand his self obnoxious gay voice...
all he could say was i dont give a fuck..
He never made one hit,and he was not only displaying his lack of talent but also the hate on the East Coast ///WEST Coast drama..

He was and prolly everyone who put it out on track for him were all haters on teh West Coast Cuhz the West Coast brought Rap back with Style and Finesse..And New York could not handle what L.A. Rappers was putting out and claiming that certain mentality and style..
You know L.A.Made the breakthrough with explicit lyrics...
You read and hear about how NY radio stations never gave West Coast no airplay..
So really Cuhz the East Coast are like haters in the game..
Now as more research goes on it seems they trying to be bloods n crips now.lol.
Hey its all ghetto but at the end of the day..L.A. has the mentality and reason and rhyme.Whereas Ny is just picking up the pieces..
Stop the HATING...

I remember watching when Death Row went out to the Some awards show think it ws the source in Ny and like they got booed...daym lucky they wasnt strapped wid the real homies tehre.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » May 6th, 2004, 3:48 am

bgCASPER wrote:YEAH HOMIE WE NEED TO BOYCOT THEIR MUSIC FUC THEM , WE NEED TO EVEN BOYCOT RAPERS FROM OUR CITY THAT ARE COPYCATIN THEIR STYLE , WE NEED TO KEEP IT REAL WEST WE HAVE OR SHOULD I SAY WE HAD AN ID BACK THEN WITH THE G FUNK WE SHOULD KEEP IT GANG G AND FUNK ........ GAY DRE KILLA
XIBITCH KILLA
How can u boycott Dr Dre hes sick look at all he has accomplished, his beats are sik, and his raps are coo. His albums were sik. When NWA lost dre they went down big time, samethang with deathrow, dre has brought the hottest rappers outthere today, in 50 cent and eminem. Hes a genius.....

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 6th, 2004, 12:36 pm

I disagree. If you had grown up in Compton instead of Modesto you would most likely have the same perspective he does about his neighbors. Most people I talk to from Compton feel exactly that way for many reasons you have no clue about. You talk just like a fan.

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » May 6th, 2004, 7:06 pm

it started at the source awards

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » May 6th, 2004, 8:50 pm

rumble2005 wrote:
bgCASPER wrote:YEAH HOMIE WE NEED TO BOYCOT THEIR MUSIC FUC THEM , WE NEED TO EVEN BOYCOT RAPERS FROM OUR CITY THAT ARE COPYCATIN THEIR STYLE , WE NEED TO KEEP IT REAL WEST WE HAVE OR SHOULD I SAY WE HAD AN ID BACK THEN WITH THE G FUNK WE SHOULD KEEP IT GANG G AND FUNK ........ GAY DRE KILLA
XIBITCH KILLA
How can u boycott Dr Dre hes sick look at all he has accomplished, his beats are sik, and his raps are coo. His albums were sik. When NWA lost dre they went down big time, samethang with deathrow, dre has brought the hottest rappers outthere today, in 50 cent and eminem. Hes a genius.....

Even though I aint from the west but I understand a little what Casper is sayin, Dre. was real strong with the west and help set things off. But then its like he left his coast and switched up his style and style of rappers. It goes deeper then just muisc. If Dre would of never left the west I am sure they would be gettin more respect. It's like rep your coast show the rest what we about, we got talent and up and coming rappers that's real and dre switched. Dre really could of built up the west and made just a much money maybe would of took time but he could of done it. To most it's like well fuc dre.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » May 6th, 2004, 8:55 pm

Also wanted to add dre. running around with these fake az rappers producing wack sh@t that real niggas in the street don't respect.

Amsterdam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Amsterdam » May 12th, 2004, 2:05 pm

XIBITCH KILLA
Usually Casper...I agree with u...but this tyme i have 2 disagree. Most us EastCoasterz wuz feelin the West. We dug ya story. Most us EastCoasterz don't even feel what they play on the radio or those wack azz music video station. They all cock suckaz 2 me gettin stuck under the table and ur way outta line with that east killa comment....U sound ignorant. Statements like that iz whut get video shoots shot up and niggaz smack in thier face 4 breathin. Let me learn U Sumthin...We should be more about unity instead of seeing whose little dic iz bigger. Ain't none of us gettin rich of this beef so y perpetuate it with stupid comments. EARLY!!!!

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » May 13th, 2004, 1:14 am

XIBITCH KILLA
YOU RIGHT BGCASPER BECAUSE WHEN THAT NIGGA JULIO G HAD THE WESTSIDE RADIO THAT stuff WAS TIGHT.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 13th, 2004, 2:41 am

YEAH AND THAT WESTSIDE RADIO SHOW WITH EAZY WAS TIGHT TOO,SO BAD THE HOMIE LEFT US ....YEAH JULIO G A REAL VATO

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » May 14th, 2004, 12:42 am

Now I am jus finding out that eazy did not write his lyrics so how can you guys like him? If you ask me if you need somebody to write for you then u wack.

watts related

Unread post by watts related » May 14th, 2004, 1:29 am

he wrote some of his lyrics, in the nwa days mc ren and cube wrote most of his lyrics, but in the newer age he wuz doin some of his own lyrics, he wuz a business man more then a rapper

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 28th, 2004, 12:03 am

LOL HOW CAN NIGGAS HATE THE EAST??? WE STARTED THIS RAP SHIT BOOGIE DOWN BRONX!!!UPTOWN...AINT NO ONE HATED WxS MUSIC...NIGGAS OUT HERE EVEN IN BROOKLYN WAS BUMPING PAC HIT EM UP...HAS FAR HAS YALL WxS NIGGAS NOT GETTIN NO PLAY IN THE EAST IS CUZZ YALL HAVE NO GOOD NIGGAS LYRICALLY...ONLY NIGGA IM FEELING IN THE WxS IS RAS KASS FROM THEN E-WHITE ,GAME, SNOOP ALL THEM NIGGAS WACK AND SO IS KNOCTURNAL...HAS FAR HAS THAT GANGSTA SHIT WE STARTED IT ALSO YALL JUST PERFECTED IT BUT ITS ALL LUV...R.I.P EAZY HE WAS A GOOD ARTIST EVEN THO HE AINT EVEN WROTE HIS LYRICS AND A WHITE MAN RAN HIS BUSINESS...ONLY CAT I EVA FELT IN THE GAME AND MADE ME PROUD WAS BIG PUN NWAYS...R.I.P PUN BOOGIE :(

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » May 28th, 2004, 8:05 am

MY THING IS WESTCOAST MUSICDOPE I LIKE MC EIHT BG KNOCC OUT DRESTA, AND GAME BUT YALL NEED TO STEP YALL LYRICS UP CUS SNOOP AND DRE ARE CLASSIC, ITS LIKE IF U RAP GANGSTAS AND NOT MAKE ANY FUNKIN SENSE BUT GANGSTA THATS HOT TO YALL BUT MOST OF YALL ARE WACK, EAST WOOD WACK, CROOKED I WACK WERE IS DJ QUIK FREE BG KNOCC OUT HE IS A DOPE MC, WHERE IS MC EIHT, WHERE IS THE OLD SNOOP WHERE IS TRAY DEE, WHERE IS KETA ROCC

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » May 30th, 2004, 5:21 pm

I don't even know how it started. First cats I ever heard feud about coasts was tim dog and Rodney O and Joe Cooley around 89 or 90. Before that, West Coast rap wasn't even well known.

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » June 3rd, 2004, 1:00 pm

Oh Shit, DJ's & MC's LOL, Rodney O & Joe Cooley were dope back in the day.

dblack

Unread post by dblack » October 19th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Any nigga that grew up on rap no it aint no beef its a matter of props. Niggaz on the east coast don't drive lo lo's and shit and gangbang when we had nwa and Cmw out they were talkin about self destruction and me myself and I. Now you see them in 64's bloodin and crippin they're fake as hell man give the west they props

CyKo_ThuG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CyKo_ThuG » November 21st, 2004, 6:41 pm

Yea for the most part is jealousy. Cuz them cats on the east coast were lookin at them like yo they aint real but deep down they knew where they were comin from. They just didnt wanna see the West Coast takin ova, but it did.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » November 27th, 2004, 12:43 pm

fuck boycotting

The true west coast mutha fuckas need to start blastin on them

dont allow them to do shows here..

dont allow them to come to awards n shit

Or make them pay taxes or something man

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » November 28th, 2004, 5:11 pm

I think the West needs to come together. L.A, Oakland, Vegas,San Diego, the Bay LBC,and all the other states on the west coast. For the most West Coast Rap is Considered L.A. rap. Don't get it twisted I love L.A rap but the Northern/ Southern Cali beef ain't doing shit for record sales. If you notice East Coast ain't considered NY, itz also Jersey, Boston, Philly, DC and so on.....the reason the East Coast is able to stay prevelent with the rap game is becuase they got acts throught all them cities on the Eastside...Think about that too=p)

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » November 28th, 2004, 11:29 pm

Yea^^

it aint east coast vs west

its. the whole east coast against L.A

L.A artists are the main ones putting it down..

except for a few up top in north califas..

like e-40 n too short n shit

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » November 29th, 2004, 1:19 am

In 3 words....The DumbA$$ Media!!!!!!!!!!!

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » November 29th, 2004, 2:25 am

WIP wrote:In 3 words....The DumbA$$ Media!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH THE MEDIA DID HYPE IT UP, BUT IT WAS JEALOUSY ON THE EAST COAST PART.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » November 30th, 2004, 6:33 pm

MEDIA HYPES EVERYTHING UP, IT BENEFITS THEM

hellraiser3815
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hellraiser3815 » December 29th, 2004, 3:25 pm

dont matter its over now niether coast got sales