How did The EASTCOAST/WESTCOAST Beef Really Started ????

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 29th, 2005, 7:06 pm

I love east coast rap. But i don't like a lot of the bitch shit yall be doin. when I'm in new york or in the east I never hear some west shit,only a few pac songs or some g-unit east coast game shit. Quite simply, The east coast rappers could talk all the shit and hate all they want if they woulda kept their own style: hip hop, hippity, hip hop dont stop a rockin shit. After NWA every hatin ass rapper from everywhere else in the states poppin niggas, selling crack, gangbagin. hater biting faggots.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » November 30th, 2005, 11:31 am

NAH BEFORE NWA NIGGAZ IN NYC WAS DOING HUSTLING KILLING AND SLANGING MOST RAPPERS WANT TO SHY AWAY FROM THAT LYRICAL CONTENET CUZ RECORD EXECS AT THE TIME WAS SOME BITCHES.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 30th, 2005, 1:20 pm

hoods was hoods regardless of the music. I'[m just sayin New york didn't make gangsta rap. NY's hip-hop was hip-hop, about the culture, breakdancing, grafitti, Djing, Mcing all that shit. But when that shit got over here to niggas that wasn't to familiar with hip hop but knew this gangbangin shit, we took the rap from hiphop and made a new genre, gangsta rap. you remember in the early 90's when that gangsta shit was blowin up source was hatin, all the 5%er rap groups: grand puba, de la soul, whatever. was hatin, saying we got no lyrical skill, our shit is stupid. Now all I hear is niggas from Ny rappin about bustin they gat, sellin crack, you know all that gangsta shit they didn't wanna talk about when they could. Lets be honest rap started off as party music. the west evolved into what it is today hood music that talk about hood politics, not dancin and all that bs punks is tryin to bring back into it.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 30th, 2005, 1:36 pm

hold up what about NYC being the home of thug. Gangsta not as much but thug music has been a staple for a loooong time, way after all that concsious shit and you had a distinct ANTI-backpacker or anti "NY's hip-hop was hip-hop, about the culture, breakdancing, grafitti, Djing, Mcing all that shit" that you said. Tragedy Khadafi, CNN, Kool G Rap 4, 5, 6, Mobb Deep, Cormega, 50 back in the mixtape days, etc.

orangemo/citgo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by orangemo/citgo » November 30th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Fo Sho and all that is my sh** but I have to say that what BG MLOCO
said is true I think especially mainstream execs were shyyin away from that flava in the beginning for whatever reason I don't know, and so it wasn't circulated all over the place like west coast gangsta rap excepting Kool G Rap. And even he was somewhat subdued-records not spinnin as often as they should've. Mob Deep blew up cause none could deny their rhyme skills and "popularity."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 30th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Cold Bear wrote:hold up what about NYC being the home of thug. Gangsta not as much but thug music has been a staple for a loooong time, way after all that concsious shit and you had a distinct ANTI-backpacker or anti "NY's hip-hop was hip-hop, about the culture, breakdancing, grafitti, Djing, Mcing all that shit" that you said. Tragedy Khadafi, CNN, Kool G Rap 4, 5, 6, Mobb Deep, Cormega, 50 back in the mixtape days, etc.
i know about all that shit i bump that thug shit, but they don't break hardcore rap into thug and gangsta, its all gangsta rap. But what I'm sayin is new york wasn't talkin about their hood shit in their songs, until Cali started talkin about it thats when you ge the first hard nY acts: ONYX, mobb, G rap (listen to old G rap with his Dj, i forgot his name, he aint talking about all that gangsta shit), wu-tang. on the thug shit, I respected NY's thug rap cause that was their shit, juxin niggas and hustling, but now they gotta hijack our gangbang shit which they said was weak.

And I like "backpack" rap or whatever you wanna call it. I like all rap and everything havin to do with hip-hop, but what I'm sayin is NY created rap and hip hop partly as a anidote to the gang shit, which was at an all time high in the 70's south bronx. Cali gang shit was at an all timed high and wasn't going to stop in the 70's or 80's, so we just infused that gangsta shit into the music.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » December 2nd, 2005, 8:48 am

fucc it is dope music everywhere fighting over this is wack cuz none of us is getting paid for it so why care so much

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » December 2nd, 2005, 9:47 am

who really cares.. rappers have bean dissin each other since kool moe dee said you got a lock on my jock like a pitbull or when krs one said the bridge is over or when snoop was knockin down nyc buildings in his video talkn bout nyc big city of dreams.

so its really nothin but what trips me out is how these rappers claim to be so hard but when the funk pop off and the tools come out they get scared and wanna rap about stop the violence.

some rappers need to be careful about who they bump they gums to cause some rappers ain't playin. they also need to becareful about what cities they diss cause theyll mess around and do a show and get drugged of stage.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 2nd, 2005, 11:19 am

that track star wars by Nas talk about that rap beef shit.but niggas wanna be gangsta rappers so they gotta play the part, right? They always got some dumb hood niggas around them anyway, tryin to bring the streets into the business world. You gon let that nigga come out his face like that god? you let that mark pop that shit dogg? fuck that street shit, get money!

orangemo/citgo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by orangemo/citgo » December 2nd, 2005, 8:12 pm

I agree I think alot of them really don't think about, or just aren't prepared for the consequences of their talk. I myself look at it like Hell Rell said, and I don't know if he's real or fake, but his statement that he made on his cut," This gangster that I am I did not want to become but these streets do." To me thats some real ass sh**. And I can relate whether its real or fake. Ya feel me?????

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 3rd, 2005, 2:04 am

that shit seem real. its like this: we come froma place where you don't have shit really, and when you don't have shit you can only esteem the thing you'll always have...yourself (rep, mentality, all that shit). so, regardless if you a gangsta or not simply being from the hood and doing hood related shit you have to rep yourself, and never step down.