rip big hawk

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
northsidehtown
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

rip big hawk

Unread post by northsidehtown » May 2nd, 2006, 6:59 am

just heard big hawk got killed last night he was real RIP. man this shit out of hand all these fake ass rappers who never shot guns only sold dimes and be running around talking bout they sold kilos , putting this BS in these lil niggas mind making them think they reality is worse than it is. when will boys understand shooting a gun for BS dosent make you hard it just makes you a dumb weak or emotional mother fucker when you shoot a gun and you aint even have to ,and i dont know why he got shot im saying all this extra just in genarl about the situation on the streets,and Hawk wasnt one of those fake rappers. rip . nawf/sawf side screwston texas

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » May 2nd, 2006, 9:25 am

i'd be sad if lil hawk died, but rip anyways..

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » May 2nd, 2006, 9:51 am

Hawk is dead? He was one of my favorite H-town niggaz. This is really fucking sad. Damnnnnn...

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » May 2nd, 2006, 10:10 am

r.i.p

blue42
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blue42 » May 2nd, 2006, 11:27 am

r.i.p

T-drop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by T-drop » May 2nd, 2006, 11:32 am

r.i.p

3rdcoasta
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3rdcoasta » May 2nd, 2006, 1:33 pm

R.I.P. 2 a real SS nigga

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » May 4th, 2006, 1:44 am

RIP Big Hawk.....you will be missed

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » May 4th, 2006, 1:49 am

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=4134543

(5/02/06 - HOUSTON) - Big Hawk, a Houston rapper whose 2001 album reached No. 45 on Billboard's rap chart, was shot to death, police said Tuesday.
Also on ABC13.com:
Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com
Hawk, whose real name was John Edward Hawkins, was a member of the late DJ Screw's rap collective the Screwed Up Click and brother to rapper Fat Pat, who was killed in 1998.

Hawk had planned to meet a friend Monday night but apparently arrived before the friend and walked to the side of the house where he was shot several times, police said. He died at the scene.

Police do not have a suspect and their only lead involves a witness who saw a white compact car with tinted windows nearby shortly after the shooting, HPD spokesman John Cannon said.

Hawk, 36, scored a regional hit with 2002's "You Already Know" and was recently featured on the popular single "Swang" by Trae that included a posthumous contribution from Hawk's brother. His 2001 self-titled album reached No. 45 on Billboard's list of top R&B and rap albums and he appeared on Lil' Troy's smash "Wanna Be a Baller" three years earlier.

Hawk's verse on "Swang" includes a tribute to Fat Pat and DJ Screw, which says in part:

"I'ma swang, and a swang, and a swang to the left, pop my trunk for Fat Pat's death. I would give my last breath if I could bring you back, bring Screw back, a matter of fact bring the whole crew back."

Trae said he last saw Hawk on Sunday night when the pair performed at a local club and spoke with him about two hours before he was killed because a Houston radio station played a remix to "Swang" that included Pimp C.

"He was truly somebody special," Trae told The Associated Press. "Just a fun, cool, laid-back person. I'm still trying to deal with the fact that this is real."

Hawk was recently married and had two young sons.

Trae said he was in the studio working on some music he and Hawk made when he learned of his death. He rushed across town to the scene where he remained to mourn with dozens of people until about 6 a.m.

"He was like one of my older brothers," Trae said. "I'm going to make sure people remember him. I'm going to ride out for him. It's a must that I do that."

Trae, who knew Hawk for almost 10 years, said he can't stand to see yet another friend die too young and that the violence "has got to stop."

"He didn't have any enemies," Trae said. "He was a good person. I just hate that it had to be something like this for people to pay attention to what he's doing. I hope people support his family and let him know he was appreciated."

Fans and friends posted messages remembering the slain rapper on the Web site myspace.com and several included snapshots of themselves with Hawk, who had a giant smile in almost all of them.

Hawk, who was planning to release a new album, was respected in the Houston underground rap scene and appeared on numerous mixtapes from artists such as Paul Wall, Lil' Flip, Z-Ro, E.S.G, Lil' Keke and Big Pokey.

DJ Screw, who died in 2000, and the Screwed Up Click popularized Houston's hypnotic, slowed-down style of rap called screw music.

NS_GPC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NS_GPC » May 16th, 2006, 3:06 am

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\hawk.jpg[/img]

NS_GPC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NS_GPC » May 16th, 2006, 3:10 am