Rakim Blast 50 Cent?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Rakim Blast 50 Cent?

Unread post by 'X' » May 8th, 2006, 4:20 pm

According to the website whudat.com Rakim the God Mc puts 50 Cent style on Blast, in a interview, Rakim said its a conscious decision to leave his street experiences and interactions with those doing street things (he knew and hung out with the original 50 Cent - one of the craziest Brooklyn killers in the 80’s) on the street. The quote: “I never sold drugs or nothing. but coming up in the hood I knew the code of the streets. I was in the hood since a young kid, man. And I was very observant. I watched how everybody did they thing. It wasn’t cool to talk about what went on on the block. Especially on a record.”

“I had people that was close to me that was doing what they do. I respect for doing what he got to do, I’ll let him know if it ain’t good, but still I respect that man he got to get his food. I got people that’s close to me was doing real things in the streets. For me to get on the mic and start talking about certain things.. It’s like three-dimensional right now, every time somebody get on the mic and mention some crime, you got 5-0 knocking at the door or tapping the phone or investigating this crew or this crew.”

“So I kinda seen it early. I didn’t want to extort the streets. I didn’t want to extort the hood, my dudes, or hip-hop. So I try to just keep it real, but at the same time it is a limitation. A lot of people today respect me for that, cause they call it, I didn’t give up the street codes. I respect what they do, but leave that over there and I used to just try to find words that sound good, man. See if I can move the crowd that way.”

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Rakim Blast 50 Cent?

Unread post by 'X' » May 8th, 2006, 4:25 pm

The quotes below from the above article is some of the same things I've said that can be related to the internet, and so-called "gang websites"...

Rakim Allah wrote: Rakim said its a conscious decision to leave his street experiences and interactions with those doing street things (he knew and hung out with the original 50 Cent - one of the craziest Brooklyn killers in the 80’s) on the street.
Rakim Allah wrote: I didn’t want to extort the streets.I didn’t want to extort the hood, my dudes, or hip-hop. So I try to just keep it real, but at the same time it is a limitation. A lot of people today respect me for that, cause they call it, I didn’t give up the street codes.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » May 8th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Real shit the God spittin

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » May 8th, 2006, 8:36 pm

Lol 50's fav rapper is rakim...

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » May 8th, 2006, 10:31 pm

everybody blast fitty, same ol' BS... All this drama is summoned directly from corporate America nigga, White America, you see the coporate execs, the white man pre-meditated such an agenda. They know that more beef and hostility, equals more records sold to the stupid, resulting in more profit gain, save yourselves from the white capitalists, dont buy in to no BS. Discearn.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » May 8th, 2006, 10:34 pm

just read what the topics about, my fault, im just high right now.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » May 9th, 2006, 2:06 am

50s favourite rapper is Kool G Rap as far as i heard, but i aint suprised 50 talked shit & shat on most of his old favourites such as Nas

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » May 9th, 2006, 7:53 am

ACTUALLY NAS DISSED HIM FIRST AT A CONCERT AT CENTRAL HE DISSED 50 AND DIPSET, AND RAKIM IS SPEAKING SOME TRUTH, BUT ON SOME REAL SHIT EVERY RAPPER ON BOTH COASTS HAS STORIES ABOUT THEY HOOD IT, NIGGAZ SHOULD WATCH WHAT THEY SAY AND WHO THEY SAY ON WAX.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » May 9th, 2006, 1:40 pm

afakasi wrote:50s favourite rapper is Kool G Rap as far as i heard, but i aint suprised 50 talked shit & shat on most of his old favourites such as Nas
LMAO wtf, didnt you hear hate it or love it "my fav rapper usto sing check check out my melody" <-- a rkim song and a month ago in a interview he was talkign about how rakim was ahead of his time and his fav.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » May 9th, 2006, 3:45 pm

BG MLOCO wrote: NIGGAZ SHOULD WATCH WHAT THEY SAY AND WHO THEY SAY ON WAX.
And on the net....

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 9th, 2006, 3:58 pm

[quote="BG MLOCO"]ACTUALLY NAS DISSED HIM FIRST AT A CONCERT AT CENTRAL HE DISSED 50 AND DIPSET, AND RAKIM IS SPEAKING SOME TRUTH, BUT ON SOME REAL SHIT EVERY RAPPER ON BOTH COASTS HAS STORIES ABOUT THEY HOOD IT, NIGGAZ SHOULD WATCH WHAT THEY SAY AND WHO THEY SAY ON WAX.[/quote]

i hear you Loco....real talk dont believe that " all real niggahs keep quiet",thats far from true,you got humble real brothers & you got cocky real brothers,the cocky 1s is the 1s who always yap off(& some dont get bagged,murdered) then you got humble real dudes who dont talk because they know they dont hold no weight in the streets so to avoid beef/jail time they dont talk...if the boys(cops) want you locked up they will do it regardless,weather its from spitting some street stuff on wax,talking about something on the internet,or in the streets...IF they want you they will get you regardless if you quiet & draw less attention or yap a mile a minute about dirt...alotta niggahs on here is hepicrites(1 minute talking about how they city in cali ,hood in cali is bangin then the next they make remarks about how they dont like the word niggah & how violence is crazy) niggahs is straight pee-wee herman status , being real is staying true to yahself point blank....real niggahs hold it down dont obey by these clowns definition of a "real dude"...especially niggahs is telling hood storys on here that they homeboys homie went threw

kg_loco1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kg_loco1 » May 9th, 2006, 4:56 pm

*cosign*

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » May 10th, 2006, 8:24 am

THANKS Q DAWN, AND X YEP ON THE NET AS WELL.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » May 14th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Now i havent posted in a minute on this forum, stop thru and read this shit every once in a while and leave it at that

85% of the gang shit niggas say on here is false and niggas is taking that shit off face value, alotta dry snitchin in here too - police know where a nigga hangs by the shit ya type up on here

and with that said

50 aint seeing Rakim Allah

PEACE

- The God B Supreme

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » May 15th, 2006, 9:24 am

purplecityhello wrote:Now i havent posted in a minute on this forum, stop thru and read this shit every once in a while and leave it at that

85% of the gang shit niggas say on here is false and niggas is taking that shit off face value, alotta dry snitchin in here too - police know where a nigga hangs by the shit ya type up on here

and with that said

50 aint seeing Rakim Allah

PEACE

- The God B Supreme
Real Spit!