Bloods And Crips - "Rep Yo Set" (drops Aug.8)

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Bloods And Crips - "Rep Yo Set" (drops Aug.8)

Unread post by grape fo def » June 30th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Hip-hop and rap is over run with �studio gangsta�s� and we all know the phony�s in the business; trying to rep to the hip-hop community for the Benjamin�s.

How would it be, if you are into gangsta rap or hard core hip-hop, to be able to get it from the real street, from active members of both the Bloods and the Crips?

There is a project called �Rep Yo Set� that will bring you real street gangsta rap and hip-hop straight from 27 of Los Angeles� toughest �hoods�. The album is set to drop August 8th and it is a real banger; a true hip-hop masterpiece.

Active members of both the Bloods and the Crips hit the studio together to spit some of the freshest hip-hop, rap and gangsta rap tracks out today.

Coming as straight and as hard as the Damu Ridaz in �97, the Rep Yo Set project is one project that needs to be noticed and supported by the hip-hop community.

There have been a few of these projects over the years, with the best selling and best known one being �Bangin on Wax� in 1993 which sold over 400,000 copies and gave us the enduring single �Piru Love�.

As amazing as it seems: Bloods and Crips in the same booth at the same time � taking care of business with no drama � checking attitudes at the door but always Reppin their set. Given the infamous violent reputation of these rival Los Angeles gangs, the Bloods and the Crips, this project is a historical document to what hip-hop can really do and what people can do when they put their mind to it.

The �Rep Yo Set� project is a two-CD compilation produced by Reputable Records� Robert W. Lewis III and veteran music executive Charles �Big Chuck� Stanton, who was the VP and �ear to the street� for Dr. Dre�s production company for eight years and worked with such hip-hop and rap superstars as Eminem, 50 Cent, Jay-Z and The Game. The project will be release August 8th on Universal Motown Records, with the DVD to follow.

Some of the sets participating in this project are Holmes Street Watts Crips, Avenue Piru (Red Rum), Avalon Gangsta Crips (G-Cell), Neighborhood Piru (Squeak RU), Kelly Park Compton Crips (Tyson), Blood Stone Villains, Family Swans Bloods, Nutty Blocc, Campenella Park Piru, East Coast 190 Block Crips, Fudge Town Mafia Crips, N-Hood Crip Lynwood, Bounty Hunters Bloods, 5 Duece Broadway Gangsta Crips, Pueblos Blood, Pueblo Bishop Bloods, SouthSide Compton Crips, Crenshaw Mafia Bloods, Neighborhood Compton Crips, Palmer Block Crips, Harlem 30�s Crips, Watts Franklin Square, L.A. Denver Lane Bloods, Hoovers and Grape Street Watts. (If I failed to mention anyone or got your click wrong - no diss ment. Hit me up and I will make sure you get your props for participating in this project.)

The album is set for an August 8th release and a documentary will follow the CD�s release.

Visit www.repyoset.com and get more information and to keep up with this project. We will have more as it is available and this is one CD that you will need to get. � not only is it a piece of hip-hop history it is a real banger.

Watch for the August 8th release on Universal Motown Records, with the DVD to follow.

BIG UP�s to all involved in this project. Finally something current and fresh that hip-hop can be proud of.

cbo woods
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbo woods » September 8th, 2006, 4:06 pm

that shit bumpin

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 9th, 2006, 1:41 am

lol now thats just f-ckin great another bullsh-t cd of these bout to be dead ass niggas?

you mean to tell me these mexicans is out here beating these dudes asses left and right and plus they killin each other and they got the nerve to do another one of these gay ass albums? F-CKIN BLACK PEOPLE!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 9th, 2006, 1:49 am

they not set trippin though, just set reppin. And mexicans aint fuckin with black bangers like that they just go after civs. and fools they outnumber.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 9th, 2006, 11:33 am

MOST HATED wrote:lol now thats just f-ckin great another bullsh-t cd of these bout to be dead ass niggas?

you mean to tell me these mexicans is out here beating these dudes asses left and right and plus they killin each other and they got the nerve to do another one of these gay ass albums? F-CKIN BLACK PEOPLE!
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

LEATHAFACE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LEATHAFACE » September 9th, 2006, 12:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QfgdO4O2oE

CHECK OUT SOME FOOTAGE FROM HERE^^^^^

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » September 9th, 2006, 1:28 pm

I heard four songs from there and it was heated. that "what it do" (west side piru) "on crip"(holmes street) an "insane" (long beach insane crip)is hella hot.

SweetD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SweetD » September 9th, 2006, 3:35 pm

is that the same redrum from piru love? if so that my nigga, i know he real about his

jay$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jay$ » September 9th, 2006, 7:57 pm

this album is gonna be bumpin

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 9th, 2006, 8:02 pm

F-CKIN BLACK PEOPLE!
You say what now? Come again nigga

jay$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jay$ » September 9th, 2006, 8:08 pm

man all those fools dead thats some sad shit cuz they was real good they had talent . big freeze? he gone right , what about scarface from atlantic he DIP ? what about that other nigga ? gangsta bone is he dip? or SIP i didnt no if that nigga was from the south or drive . what about awol from kelly crip he gone? and what about brazy and lil hawk from crenshaw mafia gang

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 9th, 2006, 8:12 pm

this shit is still bangin who cares if none of the original bangin on wax niggas is on this or not.

grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grape fo def » September 10th, 2006, 12:08 am

g-bone wuz from atlantic

jay$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jay$ » September 10th, 2006, 12:10 am

Past wrote:this shit is still bangin who cares if none of the original bangin on wax niggas is on this or not.
these new niggas aint like them they aint makin the same shit aint spittin the same and the beats i aint feelin but like i said which ones died? from the ogs of bangin on wax

grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grape fo def » September 10th, 2006, 12:13 am

the new shit ok from wut i heard, i aint really feelin the beats either, but i like that nigga G-Cell shit, his album comin out like mid next year....

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 10th, 2006, 1:15 am

Well I heard AWOL died and Lil hawk doign a life sentence.

jay$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jay$ » September 10th, 2006, 11:03 am

man thats f'ed up

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » September 10th, 2006, 12:56 pm

I've heard only clips of this album, but I really don't like the production at all... Too much lame r&b -sounding beats, although atleast the beat in Squeak Ru's song was on point..

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 10th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Did they delay this or what?

grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grape fo def » September 10th, 2006, 11:28 pm

yeah its comin out in early october like 16th or some shit

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 11th, 2006, 11:15 am

perongregory wrote:they not set trippin though, just set reppin. And mexicans aint fuckin with black bangers like that they just go after civs. and fools they outnumber.
you need to wake up if you realy dont belive these mexicans is taking these dudes heads off left and right, get real and be realistic.

of course mexcans outnumber blacks thats no surprise but dont act like they only kid civilians kuz thats bullsh-t, they kill off everybody including black gangsters,thats a fact,you n-ggas try yall best to make it seem like mexican bangers are just soft but realy that aint the case, it goes both ways but the 13s are truly not to be f-cked with.

be real homie

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 11th, 2006, 11:17 am

BlaKK wrote:
F-CKIN BLACK PEOPLE!
You say what now? Come again nigga
yeah real cute you say that like i said it in your face but you rarely heard me.

dont get hurt i am black but to see this bangin on wax sh-t try to come back out is just retarted.

like i siad F-CKIN BLACK PEOPLE

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 11th, 2006, 12:18 pm

MOST HATED wrote:
perongregory wrote:they not set trippin though, just set reppin. And mexicans aint fuckin with black bangers like that they just go after civs. and fools they outnumber.
you need to wake up if you realy dont belive these mexicans is taking these dudes heads off left and right, get real and be realistic.

of course mexcans outnumber blacks thats no surprise but dont act like they only kid civilians kuz thats bullsh-t, they kill off everybody including black gangsters,thats a fact,you n-ggas try yall best to make it seem like mexican bangers are just soft but realy that aint the case, it goes both ways but the 13s are truly not to be f-cked with.

be real homie
If you admit defeat...you will be defeated. Yes, Mexicans is fuckin with and you dont hear about all the incidents killing a bunch of diff. black people, but until we totally give up, and let go of our communities they cant go everywhere just doin what they want to do. its like you might run the pens and outnumber us, but come up in our spots and you gettin chipped off and thats the truth.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 11th, 2006, 12:28 pm

The Mexican unemployment rate is almost double that of the black unemployment rate, it is Mexicans who at this rate will be defeated in the long run...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 11th, 2006, 12:39 pm

BlaKK wrote:The Mexican unemployment rate is almost double that of the black unemployment rate, it is Mexicans who at this rate will be defeated in the long run...

BlaKK wrote:I see whatchu sayin cuzz, But you say the east coast "Won" thats what gets at me, what did they win hommie? Analyse and clarify.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 11th, 2006, 12:51 pm

Why the compare and contrast of my posts... What is your point?

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 12th, 2006, 9:49 pm

perongregory wrote:
MOST HATED wrote:

be real homie
If you admit defeat...you will be defeated. Yes, Mexicans is fuckin with and you dont hear about all the incidents killing a bunch of diff. black people, but until we totally give up, and let go of our communities they cant go everywhere just doin what they want to do. its like you might run the pens and outnumber us, but come up in our spots and you gettin chipped off and thats the truth.
aww come on thats a BS saying "If you admit defeat...you will be defeated" lol thats like a nigga denying he got his ass wooped and 30 people witnessed it lol and the b-tch boy say "no no im not gona admit defeat" lol.

look dude it aint about admitting defeat its being realistic and knowing the truth and as far as i see it the mexicans already run around and do what they want and aint no niggas chippin no 13s off they block they too scary and worrying about the next weak nigga like they selves. i seen more eses with heart than these pansy pancake bloods and crips.

i aint siden with the 13s and i definately aint siden with the pansy ass black gangs, im just speaking up on what i witnessed and know

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 12th, 2006, 9:57 pm

and wherre you see this palmdale, LA, where? Why you ridin these 13's dick so hard? What gangsta, soldier, warrior you know gonna say they gettin they ass kicked. You must be siden with someone cause you constantly on here talkin shit about blacks talken about you seen more eses with heart, when everytime I hear about a ese goin against a black it's some civs. he killin...that aint no muthafuckin heart. So what they got 15,000 more gang niggas then us and 1000's more in just reg. population. If you aint for a side then why you keep speakin on it, seem like you want someone to do something.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 12th, 2006, 10:13 pm

He just sayin that cause he live in pussy ass palmdale.

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 12th, 2006, 10:14 pm

why you low key talkin sh-t you getin mad lol, i aint on no 13s d-ck
im tellin the truth about what i seen,niggas is b-tches to me hands down
i done seen this sh-t in different cities including palmdale man i swear to god i was at a crip house party put here full of crips yellin crip this crip that and they let 8 mexicans come up ther and beat they homies and and cheased him up the street and f-cked his ass off and all them weak crab niggas just stood ther sayin why didnt yall help him cuzz lol kuz they was f-ckin scared. you still stuck on that civilian sh-t you already know the bizznes so why keep usin that against them like one of them wont take yo head off lol. you just wish i was siden off with the 13s but the truth is im not, heres ho wi feel,mexicans f-ck em they racist,niggas f-ck em they soft. bottom line end of story and befor you try to say im some sqaure b-tch boy and all that other stuff save it kuz you dont and wont no absolutely sh-t about me. i been around niggas and i been around mexicans i know the difference and i know what i seen. i aint tyrin to come on at fual but you getin angry buddy lol

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 12th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Must be killjoy, or must be a mexican perpretatin as a black. You live in palmdale homie what more can I say. And aint no mexicans doin shit to me, and I live right by all of them, the racist ones too.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 12th, 2006, 10:19 pm

MOST HATED wrote:why you low key talkin sh-t you getin mad lol, i aint on no 13s d-ck
im tellin the truth about what i seen,niggas is b-tches to me hands down
i done seen this sh-t in different cities including palmdale man i swear to god i was at a crip house party put here full of crips yellin crip this crip that and they let 8 mexicans come up ther and beat they homies and and cheased him up the street and f-cked his ass off and all them weak crab niggas just stood ther sayin why didnt yall help him cuzz lol kuz they was f-ckin scared. you still stuck on that civilian sh-t you already know the bizznes so why keep usin that against them like one of them wont take yo head off lol. you just wish i was siden off with the 13s but the truth is im not, heres ho wi feel,mexicans f-ck em they racist,niggas f-ck em they soft. bottom line end of story and befor you try to say im some sqaure b-tch boy and all that other stuff save it kuz you dont and wont no absolutely sh-t about me. i been around niggas and i been around mexicans i know the difference and i know what i seen. i aint tyrin to come on at fual but you getin angry buddy lol
What city and what crip set .