The Game is off Aftermath : its official

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
UmanH-ay

The Game is off Aftermath : its official

Unread post by UmanH-ay » July 30th, 2006, 3:03 pm

THE GAME ON GEFFEN RECORDS // July 28, 2006
It's official - Game is off the Math. There were a lot of rumors about The Game leaving Aftermath in the last weeks. The Game is now on Geffen Records.

His upcoming album "The Doctor’s Advocate" is scheduled to release in Nov 7 and features appearances from Nas and Mary J Blige, while production is supplied by Dr. Dre, Cool & Dre, Scott Storch and among others.

In other news, The Game, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Common, Talib Kweli, Snoop Dogg, Slim Thug, Raekwon, Dogg Pound, Bun B, Q-Tip, Mos Def and among others will be on the upcoming album from DJ Hi-Tek. The LP will be released via Hi-Tek Music/Babygrande Records and is slated to hit stores in October.

aftermathmusic.com

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » July 30th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Kinda old news, real reason is cause if he released his shit on aftermah it would of been under g-unit.

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » July 31st, 2006, 6:39 pm

not neccesarily, theres more than one label under aftermath, i think he should of joined another label under aftermath... aftermath is the biggest record label in my opinion.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » July 31st, 2006, 8:04 pm

BxMilitia wrote:not neccesarily, theres more than one label under aftermath, i think he should of joined another label under aftermath... aftermath is the biggest record label in my opinion.
No thats the truth He was still under g-unit only way to unduo it is a contract to another label, and although aftermath might be a big label Its inconsistant its known for having cds pushed back, while Gaffen has been a consistant label for a while, recently openign up to rappers.