how can the west come back??

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

how can the west come back??

Unread post by Mcminister » August 1st, 2006, 9:19 am

i want to know how ya'll think the west can come back? n is 40 water really west coasting?

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 1st, 2006, 4:38 pm

Come back? do you mean be the top coast again cause the west already been here... Its not really up to anyone on the west its just that MTV plays the wackest songs and BET only plays R&B and its all southern shit, so until those two get a brain and play something real then the west can be the top coast again .

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » August 1st, 2006, 5:09 pm

Exactly, BET which in reality is White Television only plays what they (The Producers) think is hot, and what they want you dumb niggas to hear, becuase they know all they have to do is give any random song some P/T and that shit will be hot becuase of you nieve ass niggas, and whoever the artists is will go triple platinum, talent or no talent.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » August 1st, 2006, 10:51 pm

ya'll got some ill points , im tired of hearin R&B on BET all day, they tryna down play the real shit as if it has bad effects or somthin,
they need to pay some real respect to real rappers not entertainers and commercial ass fake ass niggaz...i cant believe sometimes "RAP" city sometimes play some R&B shit..
they need to be playin some real shit like that KILLA CALI song by spice 1 ,c-bo and yukmouth typa shit....them dudes have some sick songs that no one eva plays on TV...
i think basicly all the real rappers shud call out all the real fakes,
and the west coast shud shut down the faggots from new york n down south that ain really rappin...i remember the east came back after the westcoast eastcoast beef...and believe me at those times no one thought them gold chain wearin mothafucka'z gon come back with n beat G-fUnk ..WEST COAST RAPPERS SHOULD START COZIN A FUCKIN SCENE SO MOTHAFUCKKAS RESPECT THEM--coz they don be getin enough publicity

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 2nd, 2006, 1:11 am

he on ly reason they came back cause they had the whole industry on they side bitch ass source and so-called hip hop journatlists and shit was hatin on the west and blowin the east up. ALso the nigga pac died and dre bounced. Plus, the east coast had took our gangsta flow and was using that shit instead of rappin about they addidas, or the breaks or whatever the fuck tehy used to rap about.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » August 2nd, 2006, 2:04 am

WHERE DID THE WEST COAST GO? JUST BECAUSE WE AIN'T WEAK, CORNY, AND WATERDOWN LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE DISAPPEARED.

forward

Unread post by forward » August 2nd, 2006, 2:07 am

well im feeling that new frankie J track and also chris brown's new single

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 2nd, 2006, 2:16 am

The industry aint on the easts dick anymore they could give a fuck about the east , they playin more west shit then east , shit they aint even playin DMX's shit anymore BET gave him a show but they aint even playing his video and his album came out today. The industry is all on the souths dick they dont know whats real or not . Even Daz had to use a southern rapper {rick ross} to get videoplay by MTV and BET, The west coast got a lot of yougn niggaz waiting to come up Like Brazil N wilmington a nigga on there named Lawless just made 500 bars , And the new niggaz that DPG getting calling them the next genaration, plus Cube still holding it down , that nigga Game might be confused but he has some tight songs and he can sell , I heard snoop back on some gangsta shit with his new album coming called blue carpet treatment, Lil eazy needs to drop . So i think the west has a good future .

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 2nd, 2006, 2:20 am

yeah, nigga we got heat. Cant wait for that blue carpet shit...gonna be off the hook. Only thing is alot of bay cats talkin some we aint the west we the bay, and hatin, when a lot of niggas down here who might not be into hyphy still showin love, cause we want the west to blow. the esses got a god chance to shine with the homeboy Omar Cruz gettin signed, I mean we can get back in the game. I just wish Dres bitch ass would start helpin some niggas out here, but i guess everything he did out here ended in some bs.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 2nd, 2006, 12:15 pm

perongregory wrote:yeah, nigga we got heat. Cant wait for that blue carpet shit...gonna be off the hook. Only thing is alot of bay cats talkin some we aint the west we the bay, and hatin, when a lot of niggas down here who might not be into hyphy still showin love, cause we want the west to blow. the esses got a god chance to shine with the homeboy Omar Cruz gettin signed, I mean we can get back in the game. I just wish Dres bitch ass would start helpin some niggas out here, but i guess everything he did out here ended in some bs.
Dre dont even help his own son. But waht he needs to do is drop that Detox already.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » August 2nd, 2006, 1:33 pm

Hate it or not the West is back with the Bay Area makin noise and LA coming back too. If your not into hyphy it's cool, not into gangsta rap it's alright but supporting good music that you like is all you can do. Rap fans are funny as hell because of the hate towards certain artists. If you don't like something just keep it moving, but to hate on the next man's hustle or to speak on another man without ACTUALLY knowing them is cowardly. Worry about your own life and struggles and let the artists do them. Rap comes full circle and in no time the East will be shining again too. But without buying CD's of your favorite artists they will never get a chance.

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » August 2nd, 2006, 2:06 pm

it aint even really about makin a comeback, if it aint commercial, they aint gonna wanna bump ur shit. nobody wants that gangsta shit anymore, everybody's into that club/love shit. its sickning n it gets niggaz tired when u keep hearin the same shit 30 times a day.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » August 2nd, 2006, 5:39 pm

mtv and bet play game's shit. the played the old school dre and snoop n pac. whatevers hot will get mainstream airplay. rick ross "hustlin". that aint no club/love shit. but it gets airplay. yall soundin kinda stupid.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » August 2nd, 2006, 5:52 pm

The only problem is that all the LA shit still sounds like they are stuck in 92 I mean they are still usin the same ol snare and everything change the style up a lil and the G funk thing is kinda played out to thats why NY has fallen off niggas been hearin the same ol shit forever same borin ass beats and all.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » August 2nd, 2006, 5:53 pm

The West will be hot when MTV (White television) and BET ( Black Faced White Television) Want it to become hot, point blank, end of story, bottom line nigga. Now Let this thread die and body rot.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 2nd, 2006, 7:45 pm

makaveli389 wrote:mtv and bet play game's shit. the played the old school dre and snoop n pac. whatevers hot will get mainstream airplay. rick ross "hustlin". that aint no club/love shit. but it gets airplay. yall soundin kinda stupid.
You dumb nigga there is throwback vids once a month on some show. Rick ross is a perfect example of how the industry on the souths dick, Rick ross dont have no rap skill he just from the south on a hot a beat. ANd you a dumbass nigga for saying only hot shit gets played, there is a lot of hot shit that does not get played cause MTV and BET do not consider it commerical mainstream , and LA rap has changed up Oaktown i dont know who the hell you are talking about but I havnt heard shit that sound the same as 92 or we would still be ontop rite now.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » August 2nd, 2006, 8:20 pm

^^^No it hasnt only reason game sounds different is cuz of the production snoop sounds different cuz of the production damn the chicano rap sounds the same crooked I's shit sounds like some old 90's west coast shit all the niggas makin the big money dont sound the same dj quik he is off and on with it.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » August 2nd, 2006, 8:21 pm

(No disrespect intended)And on the real I really dont believe LA gives a fuck about the bay they just think this hyphy shit is gonna blow so they are usin them to back on.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 2nd, 2006, 8:33 pm

Oaktown_G wrote:(No disrespect intended)And on the real I really dont believe LA gives a fu-- about the bay they just think this hyphy shit is gonna blow so they are usin them to back on.
I havnt seen one nigga in LA getting down to anything hyphy, Hyphy is disgrace to the west thank god its only a bay thing, LA is the second most decorated city when it comes to hip hop and the Bay cant ever touch it, especially with this gay hyphy shit trying to do some gay shit like atl always doing but hyphy is just whack , that shit aint even selling40 aint even go gold.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 2nd, 2006, 8:37 pm

shit dont sound like no G-funk around these parts, you should say more LA niggas soundin like NY with they flow, rhyme style, and some of the slang and shit. The only reason south is on top is because they brought new sounding producers in the game, east coast beats = same old niggas, west coast just gets no play, and we haven't mad no new beats like snap beats or crunk beats or whatever that BS is.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » August 2nd, 2006, 8:57 pm

I havnt seen one nigga in LA getting down to anything hyphy, Hyphy is disgrace to the west thank god its only a bay thing, LA is the second most decorated city when it comes to hip hop and the Bay cant ever touch it, especially with this gay hyphy shit trying to do some gay shit like atl always doing but hyphy is just whack , that shit aint even selling40 aint even go gold.

:lol: You got snoop though talkin bout bringin the west back and he talkin bout yeah we fuck with the bay and shit I havent heard that either but I still think he gonna try and use this hyphy BS and thinks it will catch on to help bring La back.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 2nd, 2006, 9:00 pm

even though I dont really feel hyphy I'll support it because its westcoast.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 2nd, 2006, 9:29 pm

on another note...saw that nigga suge today in Beverly hills - nigga look like he had a dick in his ass, all frowns and shit.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » August 2nd, 2006, 9:35 pm

Past wrote:
makaveli389 wrote:mtv and bet play game's shit. the played the old school dre and snoop n pac. whatevers hot will get mainstream airplay. rick ross "hustlin". that aint no club/love shit. but it gets airplay. yall soundin kinda stupid.
You dumb nigga there is throwback vids once a month on some show. Rick ross is a perfect example of how the industry on the souths dick, Rick ross dont have no rap skill he just from the south on a hot a beat. ANd you a dumbass nigga for saying only hot shit gets played, there is a lot of hot shit that does not get played cause MTV and BET do not consider it commerical mainstream , and LA rap has changed up Oaktown i dont know who the hell you are talking about but I havnt heard shit that sound the same as 92 or we would still be ontop rite now.
theres hot shit from south and east that dont get played either. and i meant back then when chronic n doggystyle came out shit got mad airplay and tupac.. cuz that shit was hot. so its not like mtv/bet/radio/mainstream got a problem with gangsta music. but its jus gotta have a certain appeal to the masses. nothing of that quality has been comin out. but when it does.. itll get airplay. plain n simple. the rappers signed to the major lables are the problems. not tv and radio

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » August 2nd, 2006, 9:44 pm

lol suge actually has money to be on beverly hills lol and makeveli is right the radio and tv play DFB and shit but the south got so much shit yall will never hear that need to get airplay when they finally let 3 6 mafia get big they become sellouts now them niggas suck houston gots so much shit to offer hopefully they will finally just really blow next year fuck mike jones i'm talin bout the real niggas

Trae
Z-Ro
Magno
K-Rino
Aztek
Lil Keke
Short Dawg

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 2nd, 2006, 10:40 pm

makaveli389 wrote:
Past wrote:
theres hot shit from south and east that dont get played either. and i meant back then when chronic n doggystyle came out shit got mad airplay and tupac.. because that shit was hot. so its not like mtv/bet/radio/mainstream got a problem with gangsta music. but its jus gotta have a certain appeal to the masses. nothing of that quality has been comin out. but when it does.. itll get airplay. plain n simple. the rappers signed to the major lables are the problems. not tv and radio
How can anyone think them dancin atl niggas is poppin that shit is so fuckin whack , thats why hip hop is dying.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » August 3rd, 2006, 9:13 am

Past you talk shit about hyphy and E-40 that's all you but know facts before you talk.

Soundscan 8/1

49 ICE CUBE LAUGH NOW CRY LATER 16,108 -23 20,994 369,454
79 E-40 MY GHETTO REPORT CARD 11,717 8 10,854 361,819

170 the DOGG POUND CALI IZ ACTIVE 4,875 -16 5,833 63,732

Fuck what you say ain't no one feeling that Dogg Pound shit anymore, and Cube the only artists selling 40 on the West Coast. So hate on bruh bruh.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 3rd, 2006, 11:08 am

GTS wrote:Past you talk shit about hyphy and E-40 that's all you but know facts before you talk.

Soundscan 8/1

fu-- what you say ain't no one feeling that Dogg Pound shit anymore, and Cube the only artists selling 40 on the West Coast. So hate on bruh bruh.
Cali iz active - no promotion underground album

Daz is going commercial on his new album then you can count sales for DPG, and look at how cube already outsold 40 and 40s record been out twice as long.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » August 3rd, 2006, 11:59 am

Past wrote:
GTS wrote:Past you talk shit about hyphy and E-40 that's all you but know facts before you talk.

Soundscan 8/1

fu-- what you say ain't no one feeling that Dogg Pound shit anymore, and Cube the only artists selling 40 on the West Coast. So hate on bruh bruh.

Daz is going commercial on his new album then you can count sales for DPG, and look at how cube already outsold 40 and 40s record been out twice as long.
again as you hate provide another artists beside Cube in the LA area that is selling???? Did 40 fuck your girl or something?

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 3rd, 2006, 8:21 pm

GTS wrote:
Past wrote:

Soundscan 8/1

again as you hate provide another artists beside Cube in the LA area that is selling???? Did 40 fu-- your girl or something?
I aint feeling 40 cause he making garbage ass music thats killing hip hop , so im glad he floppin.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » August 4th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Past wrote:
GTS wrote:
Past wrote:

Soundscan 8/1

again as you hate provide another artists beside Cube in the LA area that is selling???? Did 40 fu-- your girl or something?
I aint feeling 40 cause he making garbage ass music thats killing hip hop , so im glad he floppin.
lol that 365,000 records sold is a flop, now kick rocks.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 4th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Cube is independent, gettin fat dough of his shit.

Return to “Music and News”