Snoops "Vato" video brings Black and Brown togeth

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 5th, 2006, 4:23 pm

damn i fucked that qoute up lol accidently wrote inside it .

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » September 5th, 2006, 6:53 pm

run nigga run. duck nigga duck. wow. u kno how many rap songs has shit like that in it. beef is beef. the spanish dude is calling him vato and hes which means he's a homeboy of a spanish dude and snooop is black, which is promoting black n brown unity.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 5th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Past wrote:damn i #%@& that qoute up lol accidently wrote inside it .
I know wtf I never said any of that sh(t

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 13th, 2006, 9:42 am

I liked the tune and vid but yeah, its a paradox..black and brown unity through violence lol! But hey, its a first I guess....maybe it'll work out better for the message next attempt. Unity is always beautiful - viva la difference

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » September 13th, 2006, 1:10 pm

MIDTOWN wrote:
grape fo def wrote:that nigga who snoop bodygaurd killed wuzn't a damu, he wuz from venice sholines
nah he was from byshc
Is that you WESTCOAST? Or is that grapenuts?

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » October 2nd, 2006, 11:24 pm

"we need more black and brown unity, so keep that jail $hit outta the community." dilated peoples

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 3rd, 2006, 12:03 pm

^^^^^real talk...

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » October 3rd, 2006, 12:18 pm

In reference to the song & "Black on Black" violence:

Since you can't see the dudes faces in the video, how do ya'll know the catz represented "Blacks?" Is it 'cause he said "nigga." If so, that's not enough "evidence," in my opinion. Whe I get pissed, I call everybody "nigga;" whether their Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. The scene presents, to me, a situation were Snoop get's extremely pissed &/or is threatened. Even if I'm threatened by some Caucasians, if they piss me off enough, the word "nigga" is bound to fly out my mouth. Most people I know, are the same way.

With that said, I agree that his lyrics don't really promote a union between "Black & Brown." The only thing I heard that even came close was:

"And I ain't weak for wanting peace in fact
I could be beast of the East motherfucker.
I never hesitate to blaze
A nigga really tryna change his ways
We gotta move my team cuz my people’s
Are screaming that we need more for fun or is it legal"

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » October 8th, 2006, 4:30 pm

yeah dont understand that video ..........blacks got to get there sh-t together. we showin peace to everybody else but our own kind. we got to wake up start with us , we have to see each other like how we did wayyy back in the days BLACKS TOGETHER , AGAINST RACISIM AND CROOKED COPS AND GOVERNMENT UNFAIRNESS OR ANYBODY WHO TREATS US IN A WRONG MANNER ....just like the japanese and russians and italians ..we have to unite forge a real bond

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 8th, 2006, 8:15 pm

we are kind of together compare to the rest of the races ...u don eva c a white man beatin a black man witout other black men steppn in

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » October 8th, 2006, 8:37 pm

only if something racial happens we come together ..........blah

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » October 8th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Mcminister wrote:we are kind of together compare to the rest of the races ...u don eva c a white man beatin a black man witout other black men steppn in
I wouldnt even go that far man....sorry

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » October 9th, 2006, 7:53 pm

i thought snoop bodygaurd killed another crip an ethiopian dude

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 9th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Nigga said Ethiopian

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » October 9th, 2006, 8:30 pm

he was an african ethiopian ...they have a small population of ethiopians in cali , and homeboy was crip .

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 9th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Yeah actually aint' little ethiopia over there near BYS hustlers territory?

rummy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rummy » October 20th, 2006, 1:58 am

Anything that promotes the unity between black and brown im all for it. Big up to B-Real and Snoop

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » October 26th, 2006, 5:44 pm

it should have been a song about blacks and mexicans just chillin together or partying together, not talking about how hard someone is, that only equals more fronting and that equals violence. fuck all that acting hard shit snoop needs chill on that. everyone knows he dont do shit.

but u know what it should include some more non hardcore mexican looking dudes. .unpopularize that shit cuz a music video isnt gonna do shit for unity especially with hardcoe mexican gang members. they probably looking at this like "look snoop is scared making a unity video we got em scared " and laugh about it.

the only thing snoop is doing is making being a sureno more popular by having it on MTV. thats actually hurting the cause of unity instead of helping it.
And thats some real talk right there.

lboogie
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lboogie » October 30th, 2006, 8:03 am

^^^^Real Spit!!

TD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TD » November 7th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Who are those surenos in the vid, are they from LB?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 7th, 2006, 5:22 pm

They was just a bunch a diff. eses. I seen some from West LA was it sotel 13. not sure one of them west LA ese gangs.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » November 7th, 2006, 8:56 pm

TD wrote:Who are those surenos in the vid, are they from LB?
Probably the same ones they always use from Suspect Entertainment. Gettin their 150 a day. SAG hollywood gangstas.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 10th, 2006, 11:00 pm

snoop got a mixtape out with game called kings of the west...its actually kinda hot....vato remix feat lil uno is rocking as well

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 11th, 2006, 12:02 am

yo whats that new movie about ...the white version of training day ??? a white gungho cop , whipping up on mexicans.....with the dude who played batman.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » November 11th, 2006, 12:28 am

[quote="NICKELS"]yo whats that new movie about ...the white version of training day ??? a white gungho cop , whipping up on mexicans.....with the dude who played batman.[/quote]

harsh times with the dude christian bale(batman begins)...& this spanish dude freddy rodriguez

TD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TD » November 22nd, 2006, 7:21 am

perongregory wrote:They was just a bunch a diff. eses. I seen some from West LA was it sotel 13. not sure one of them west LA ese gangs.
You sure on that one - Sotels?

mnjmc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mnjmc » December 3rd, 2006, 11:56 pm

perongregory wrote:thats what i been saying. And snoop killed that damu, his bodyguard just took the blame. But how you gonna promote unity by talkin about how you kill other blacks to the "enemy"? Thats why there aint no unity cause when we had enough soldiers eses wasn't tryna push that line, but now that they outnumber us by 1000's it's fu-- with the black day.

Since when have blacks been outnumbered by thousands? Now hispanics out number in Los Angeles AT MOST five to one. You take away all the hispanic gangs who really only go at with other hispanics, because as everybody knows it is not like surenos are all of a suden holding hands, and they end up not being as outnumbered as people claim. To this day the most likely killer of a surenos is another sureno and the most likely killer of a black man is another black man. To me it is just racial wars that get all the attention.

When I hear others talk about my city inregards to Mexcan gangs, they all seem to know about Tortilla Flats and maybe 70s. They can't for the life of them name any others yet talking like they walk those streets every day. Then they go on and talk about all this racial beff going on down here. So those little morons listening to him can talk to people they know and go spread more little rumors. Making it seem like there is a race war going on in Compton. Not knowing that no CV gets along with any other CV, they been killing each other for years, it ain't slowing down, and are a very long ways from ever uniting together against all CC and Pirus. Shit if a CV does get along with any other gang its going to be a Compton Crip or a Piru.

Not saying the Flats ain't racist because the few I knew definetly were. But that is one gang out of many out here. Besides Mexicans hate them with a passion as well. Which is why they are in the position that they are right know. If n e body knows what that means.

Now people keep saying Eme keeps pushing for this race war. But a lot of Sureno hoods still have those alliances with other Crips and Bloods that go way back. I can't speak on the future but for now the way I see all this Mexican vs. Black is mostly hype.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 4th, 2006, 12:18 am

I dont care if mexican hoods still beef with other mexicans hoods, Europeans was fighting each other and they was still callin blacks niggers and makin them do slave labor. Also they had alliances with certain African kingdoms at the time so all that shit don't matter. This shit is about high school riots, gangs targeting civs. not just in compton but in south central, east los, N. east los and prob. other places in LA, and the over all sentiment that seems to be like an epidemic in the LA mexican pop., where it's cool to talk shit about blacks. A nigga be peepin that Sur rap, on these forums, and on these streets talkin to a few real mexicans who spittin game about how a lot of Mexicans be acting and feel about black people.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » December 4th, 2006, 12:24 am

Those Sur rap forums opened my eyes to my own kind..I aint going to lie...But at the same time I gotta remember they're still a small percentage of us. But my view on the SUR has changed for sure...I know whats up..

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 4th, 2006, 12:26 am

IE my bad cuzz but I had to, fuck south side.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 4th, 2006, 12:28 am

Yeah that sur shit shocked me, the first tiem I peeped. The people in that shit be on that white man KKK shit, shit is unbelievable comin from another poor ass minority community that we live with. Rediculous in fact.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » December 4th, 2006, 12:29 am

Alot of the kids in there are blind to what the big picture is.....