Papoose on some hypocritical ISH!!!

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Papoose on some hypocritical ISH!!!

Unread post by creativemind » December 19th, 2006, 3:33 pm

How this gon' make a song about police killin' a man, but he glorify killin' other black men in his own songs??? I mean, if you wanna be taken seriously as a voice to speak out against police violence and injustice, your own shit got to be clean. He puts put '50 Shots', but he also has a song like 'Gunz-N-Rosez'. If somebody was to put his ass on a talk show to speak about his lyrics in '50 Shots', how you think it would look if they turned around and spoke on these lyrics?

"Gunz-N-Rosez"

Lyricism and life guns and roses
Rob execs take the pennies out your loafers
A lot of rappers but papoose the dopest
Supercalifragilisticexpealadocious
Jack Maybachs blow the brains out your chauffeurs
A lot of rappers, papoose the dopest

My live crew pop like guy moo pop advise you pop
Wise new plots I ride through blocks and find new spots
Nah-uh you not uh-huh you watch
When I hop out the dread be like, "Man don't do that"
Get lined up like five roof tops I cock two glocks
Find you behind new locks 'cause papoose got
Two knots inside two socks few rocks inside shoe box
You got two hot blocks who block you got
You dropped, you dropped you hot you not you popped you flop
you got to stop hops you not Tupac
Chew shots through blocks since doowop pop and koolats
Every last one of you niggaz could eat the ooh wop
I stack money while you spending your dough
I must-stash like the hair between your lip and your nose
Never partied always ran with the mothers
The only Summer Jam I ever had, was if my gun jammed in the summer
Cock the Uzi
Chip a nickel and diamond for a loosey
You coming through shining like we 'aint riding for the Louchey
Homie none of your diamonds don't induce me
'Cause yo I put blood on your ice, and turn your diamonds into rubies
Kill intent, catch my enemy at a big event
Watching while he party in advance of getting bent
Soon as he try to use the bathroom I'm slipping in
Sending guns smoke through the vents
I'ma add something stupid like, can I buy one of your cigarettes
Put the burner under his chin and leave the ceiling wet
They incorrect, niggaz spending money to get respect
They don't know the way to get respect is disrespect
How you cut a nigga in the face to get a rep
Real gangsters cut him in his neck
And if you catch an attempt murder that don't mean you a bigger threat
That just means you 'aint no motherfucking killer yet
My pistol send you to death
Rip through your Mitchell and Ness
Like car dealers you hit the deck
They hit your man with the Smith and Wess
Dump shots all in a nigga chest
You could see his bones he missing flesh
Stead of getting a gun, you run and go get a vest
Niggaz tore your man out the frame and you 'aint get the picture yet?
Dope fiends lined up making the strip a mess
That dope got them fiends online like the Internet
They tried to come on my block selling that fucking boy
Nigga my gun got fire like its unemployed
Say send me out the semi out they let me out I'm focused
Dessies out the holsters
Empty out the 4-5th
If I was a blood, I split the C like I'm Moses
Supercalifragilisticexpealahoeless

I'll tell you how he'd look; like a straight up clown.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 19th, 2006, 3:44 pm

nothing special about pap...alotta heads make him out to be the savior for ny rap....im not feeling this kid to be quite honest..hardest song he dropped was the alphabet song

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Papoose on some hypocritical ISH!!!

Unread post by creativemind » December 19th, 2006, 3:52 pm

creativemind wrote:How this gon' make a song about police killin' a man, but he glorify killin' other black men in his own songs??? I mean, if you wanna be taken seriously as a voice to speak out against police violence and injustice, your own shit got to be clean. He puts put '50 Shots', but he also has a song like 'Gunz-N-Rosez'. If somebody was to put his ass on a talk show to speak about his lyrics in '50 Shots', how you think it would look if they turned around and spoke on these lyrics?

"Gunz-N-Rosez"

Rob execs take the pennies out your loafers
A lot of rappers but papoose the dopest
Jack Maybachs blow the brains out your chauffeurs
A lot of rappers, papoose the dopest

My live crew pop like guy moo pop advise you pop
Wise new plots I ride through blocks and find new spots
Nah-uh you not uh-huh you watch
When I hop out the dread be like, "Man don't do that"
Get lined up like five roof tops I cock two glocks
Find you behind new locks 'cause papoose got
Two knots inside two socks few rocks inside shoe box
You got two hot blocks who block you got
You dropped, you dropped you hot you not you popped you flop
you got to stop hops you not Tupac
Chew shots through blocks since doowop pop and koolats
Every last one of you niggaz could eat the ooh wop
I stack money while you spending your dough
I must-stash like the hair between your lip and your nose
Never partied always ran with the mothers
The only Summer Jam I ever had, was if my gun jammed in the summer
Cock the Uzi
Chip a nickel and diamond for a loosey
You coming through shining like we 'aint riding for the Louchey
Homie none of your diamonds don't induce me
'Cause yo I put blood on your ice, and turn your diamonds into rubies
Kill intent, catch my enemy at a big event
Watching while he party in advance of getting bent
Soon as he try to use the bathroom I'm slipping in
Sending guns smoke through the vents
I'ma add something stupid like, can I buy one of your cigarettes
Put the burner under his chin and leave the ceiling wet
They incorrect, niggaz spending money to get respect
They don't know the way to get respect is disrespect
How you cut a nigga in the face to get a rep
Real gangsters cut him in his neck
And if you catch an attempt murder that don't mean you a bigger threat
That just means you 'aint no motherfucking killer yet

My pistol send you to death
Rip through your Mitchell and Ness

Like car dealers you hit the deck
They hit your man with the Smith and Wess
Dump shots all in a nigga chest
You could see his bones he missing flesh

Stead of getting a gun, you run and go get a vest
Niggaz tore your man out the frame and you 'aint get the picture yet?
Dope fiends lined up making the strip a mess
That dope got them fiends online like the Internet
They tried to come on my block selling that #%@&#%@ boy
Nigga my gun got fire like its unemployed
Say send me out the semi out they let me out I'm focused
Dessies out the holsters
Empty out the 4-5th
If I was a blood, I split the C like I'm Moses
Supercalifragilisticexpealahoeless

I'll tell you how he'd look; like a straight up clown.

How is this dude gon's speak on cops killin' blacks when he rapping about doing the same damn thing???

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 19th, 2006, 4:15 pm

he's doing what he thinks will sell records...@tryna be on some black power stuff one minute then the next try to be street..alotta dudes do that nas is one of the handful

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 19th, 2006, 7:21 pm

You surprised? This is waht alot of these rappers do, and been doing it...

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » December 19th, 2006, 7:56 pm

it dont matta i think he nice fuck if he renigin'

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 19th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Maybe off topic but here is a good quote from Nas in the new XXL on him being "contradictory" and "hypocritical".....

Nas- "I'm totoally contradictory. I was gonna make a song on this album called "Mr. Contradiction." 'Cause in essence, it means I'm human. THERE'S NOT ONE PERSON IN THE WORLD THAT'S NOT A LIVING, WALKING CONTRADICTION..."

"Cause James Brown could say, "Say it loud, I'm Black and I'm proud," and then talk about hot pants on another song....Or Marvin could say, "let's get it on," talk about freakish pleasures, whatever you want, but talk about the world..."

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 19th, 2006, 9:30 pm

I think its one thing to be contridictory about some things, but black people's lives is something that we can't afford to send mixed messages about. And like I said, if he steps into a public forum talking about the misuse of force by police officers, trust me, somebody is gonna call him on his own lyrics.

Like Tupac said in a documentary (I can't remember which one), he didn't have a father, so he listened to Ice Cube other rappers, to tell him how to gauge his manhood. If people are listening to rappers who are saying "Never hesitate to put a nigga on his back", why do we think that its cool to act on it for street cred, but a travesty if a cop does the same thing.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » December 21st, 2006, 9:26 am

man, u cant have jus one face/personality....if a cops bust 50 slugs at somebody thats getting married, and that were UNARMED at that, thats a different story from black on black crime...police r supposedly here 2 "protect n serve" but the only thing they servin' niggas is bullets...if its a hood nigga, that needs 2 do what he gotta do 2 keep food in his mouth, although its wrong 2 kill another man, sometimes it unfortunatly ends up like that...people have different emotions....everyones not always on some concious shit, sometimes they might be happy, angry, sad etc.
and besides this is the music buisness, he's trynna get his voice heard, weather its on some hood shit, club shit or on some concious tip...i personally like papoose, n i think he's lyricly gifted... n he's out doin his thing, the LEGIT WAY....cant be mad a pap....

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 21st, 2006, 9:54 am

BxxMILITIA wrote:man, u cant have jus one face/personality....if a cops bust 50 slugs at somebody thats getting married, and that were UNARMED at that, thats a different story from black on black crime...police r supposedly here 2 "protect n serve" but the only thing they servin' niggas is bullets...if its a hood nigga, that needs 2 do what he gotta do 2 keep food in his mouth, although its wrong 2 kill another man, sometimes it unfortunatly ends up like that...people have different emotions....everyones not always on some concious shit, sometimes they might be happy, angry, sad etc.
and besides this is the music buisness, he's trynna get his voice heard, weather its on some hood shit, club shit or on some concious tip...i personally like papoose, n i think he's lyricly gifted... n he's out doin his thing, the LEGIT WAY....cant be mad a pap....
That's all well and good, in a life and death situation. You ain't never hear about me sayin' a person don't have a right to defend himself and his family. Now, I want you to look at the lyrics that I highlighted from that song, and tell me where it implies his was defending ANYTHING. You can't deny that this was just about the glorification of killing other black men, plain and simple. And like I said, if we're to the point "fantasies" about snuffing out black life sells millions of records, we're in a bad place. You can call it "keepin' it hood", "grimey", "gangsta"; whatever label you want to put on it, it's the same thing.

Dudes was having the FBI investigations in them when all they said was "Fuck the police", but you get to appear on MTV, when you rap about putting your heater under the chin of a black man, and pulling the trigger??? :shock: What kind of message does that send???

Besides, if you choose to have those kind of lyrics, don't jump up like you got a concious when you think it looks good. Play the backgroud, 'cause it'll get ugly when somebody point you out. You either a "hypocrite" or a "studio gangsta". One or the other.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 21st, 2006, 10:42 am

Yo X don't you think maybe that Nas quote is just him slying downplaying all the times he's gone against what people know him for in the past few years, musically? I think Nas was known as a hood nigga and dudes all over didn't wanna hear him "experiment musically". I say fuck them, he an artist so do what you gotta do, but ever since dude signed with Jay it seems like a lot of people are focusing on how many times he contradicted himself and that quote is just a stereotypical way of shutting them down.

And to the people suprised with this Pappoose song... nigga, are any of yall black? We love to kill eachother but the second someone pops at us, be it a white person, police officer, mexican, whatever... we gon' have a lot to say about it morally and ethically. Haha.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 21st, 2006, 11:49 am

youngwun wrote:Yo X don't you think maybe that Nas quote is just him slying downplaying all the times he's gone against what people know him for in the past few years, musically? I think Nas was known as a hood nigga and dudes all over didn't wanna hear him "experiment musically". I say fu-- them, he an artist so do what you gotta do, but ever since dude signed with Jay it seems like a lot of people are focusing on how many times he contradicted himself and that quote is just a stereotypical way of shutting them down.

And to the people suprised with this Pappoose song... nigga, are any of yall black? We love to kill eachother but the second someone pops at us, be it a white person, police officer, mexican, whatever... we gon' have a lot to say about it morally and ethically. Haha.

I been black for as long as I can remember... :wink: and to this day, I don't see the fascination with killing other blacks, unless its in self defense. A lot of us come up in environments where the likelihood of us having to do some shit is higher than in most places, I ain't got much problem with that. But makin' damn near sport out of it crazy, unless you got let other people get in on "the fun".

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » December 21st, 2006, 12:10 pm

youngwun wrote:Yo X don't you think maybe that Nas quote is just him slying downplaying all the times he's gone against what people know him for in the past few years, musically? I think Nas was known as a hood nigga and dudes all over didn't wanna hear him "experiment musically". I say fu-- them, he an artist so do what you gotta do, but ever since dude signed with Jay it seems like a lot of people are focusing on how many times he contradicted himself and that quote is just a stereotypical way of shutting them down.

thatz real talk

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » December 21st, 2006, 12:48 pm

man fuck that, im feelin papoose, homey just doin what he gotta do 2 get the paper that counts, n if he's makin' heads nod n makin money at the same time, shit, power 2 him....hipocrite or not, that nigga is makin good music, n he's bringin' new york baq witout frontin like he's a blood or crip, he aint swingin off cali's nutsack like these dipset niggas, n he's rappin from the new york point of view....he's a rapper, not minister farrakhan....

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » December 21st, 2006, 12:50 pm

[quote="creativemind"][quote="youngwun"]Yo X don't you think maybe that Nas quote is just him slying downplaying all the times he's gone against what people know him for in the past few years, musically? I think Nas was known as a hood nigga and dudes all over didn't wanna hear him "experiment musically". I say fu-- them, he an artist so do what you gotta do, but ever since dude signed with Jay it seems like a lot of people are focusing on how many times he contradicted himself and that quote is just a stereotypical way of shutting them down.

And to the people suprised with this Pappoose song... [b]nigga, are any of yall black? [/b] We love to kill eachother but the second someone pops at us, be it a white person, police officer, mexican, whatever... we gon' have a lot to say about it morally and ethically. Haha.[/quote]

I been black for as long as I can remember... :wink: and to this day, I don't see the fascination with killing other blacks, unless its in self defense. A lot of us come up in environments where the likelihood of us having to do some shit is higher than in most places, I ain't got much problem with that. But makin' damn near sport out of it crazy, unless you got let other people get in on "the fun".[/quote]

"A lot of us come up in environments where the likelihood of us having to do some shit is higher than in most places".....creative well said god

peace

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 21st, 2006, 1:21 pm

BxxMILITIA wrote:man fu-- that, im feelin papoose, homey just doin what he gotta do 2 get the paper that counts, n if he's makin' heads nod n makin money at the same time, shit, power 2 him....hipocrite or not, that nigga is makin good music, n he's bringin' new york baq witout frontin like he's a blood or crip, he aint swingin off cali's nutsack like these dipset niggas, n he's rappin from the new york point of view....he's a rapper, not minister farrakhan....

I hear what you sayin'. I'm not sayin't he can't rap about whatever. He got a right to Freedom of Speech, just like the next man. If that's how homeboy get his paper, then so be it. My point is, when somebody steps on the front line as a spokesman about something as serious as what went down in NY, he needs to be true to what he's speaking on. If somebody got a crackpipe in their mouth, but hollerin' "Say no to drugs", who gon' take that seriously???

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » December 21st, 2006, 1:32 pm

lol, i hear what u sayin my wise homey, dont even sweat it......

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 21st, 2006, 1:46 pm

BxxMILITIA wrote:lol, i hear what u sayin my wise homey, dont even sweat it......

*LOL* I appreciate the compliment, homeboy. But I hardly consider myself wise. Just spent enough time around folks to know that if we got a chink in the armor, they'll try to expose it. I'm all for the young brotha speaking up. Somebody needed to say something.

NorthernBrotha
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Papoose

Unread post by NorthernBrotha » January 22nd, 2007, 3:50 pm

Papoose wasn't so hard when he came to Canada.
He had a show in Hamilton Ontario, 30 min from Toronto. Apparently niggas out there dont play. He was actin hard on stage and got rushed. His manager got punched out. Papoose ran from the building into the Hummer they had parked out front after taking a bottle to the head.
K-Slay was seen hiding in the back seat of the Hummer and wouldnt even open the door for Papoose's manager as he struggled to get in the vehicle, at the same time taking a beating.

Later that night all them niggas found out where Papoose was stayin at the Sheraton Hotel located 5 min. from where he was performing. They tried to rush his room but someone inside the room called security and police. No charges were laid.
DEC / 06 -Hamilton Ont. ($TeeL CiTy)
:wink:

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » January 22nd, 2007, 3:53 pm

For the record Papoose manager is about 5'4". Wow they whooped up a little dude.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 22nd, 2007, 4:07 pm

ummh yea wen i write my rymes sometimes that is a big problem....i write some sad shit buot dead homies n its wrong n all that
then i write buot handlin niggaz
i rap bout F***in hoes,
then i write bout how i love my grl,

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 22nd, 2007, 4:07 pm

in the end of the day i jst think wat nas said was true

tupac contradicted himself all the time

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Papoose

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » January 22nd, 2007, 9:02 pm

NorthernBrotha wrote:Papoose wasn't so hard when he came to Canada.
He had a show in Hamilton Ontario, 30 min from Toronto. Apparently niggas out there dont play. He was actin hard on stage and got rushed. His manager got punched out. Papoose ran from the building into the Hummer they had parked out front after taking a bottle to the head.
K-Slay was seen hiding in the back seat of the Hummer and wouldnt even open the door for Papoose's manager as he struggled to get in the vehicle, at the same time taking a beating.

Later that night all them niggas found out where Papoose was stayin at the Sheraton Hotel located 5 min. from where he was performing. They tried to rush his room but someone inside the room called security and police. No charges were laid.
DEC / 06 -Hamilton Ont. ($TeeL CiTy)
:wink:
dude are u tryin to be fuckin serious you a god damn liar dawg

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » January 22nd, 2007, 9:03 pm

yall people from up norf is soft u cant even rely on ya self if your country goes to war be real wodae

NorthernBrotha
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Papoose

Unread post by NorthernBrotha » January 22nd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Sorry to upset you, Im just stating the facts.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 23rd, 2007, 7:51 pm

OxJmauPs niggaz from cincinatti say wodae ??
jst askin

and yea pap ain shit a couple of white boiz coulda rushed him...but not canada niggaz

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » January 23rd, 2007, 9:35 pm

yup and cuz and bra and shawty and cuzz and loc

NorthernBrotha
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NorthernBrotha » January 25th, 2007, 6:03 pm

Mcminister wrote:
and yea pap ain shit a couple of white boiz coulda rushed him...but not canada niggaz
You say Canada niggaz are soft and all this noise, so why dont you take a look for yourself. It must just be the internet thugs on here that have a problem with Canada, cause when i go to Detroit niggas there show me mad love, just like i got love for them. Im not tryin to go hard online cause really i dont care what yall think, but do your research then talk. Come and see for yourself. Anybody can get touched, no matter where you are. Yall gettin upset cause some niggas up here fucked up Papoose (papsmere). And its not the first time shit like that happend here. You should see Caribana in Toronto every summer. Niggas from U.S. get slumped all the time for there jewels, rims and money. We're hungry too.
So like I said it aint where your from its where you at.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » January 25th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Papoose wasn't so hard when he came to Canada.

Later that night all them niggas found out where Papoose was stayin at the Sheraton Hotel located 5 min. from where he was performing. They tried to rush his room but someone inside the room called security and police. No charges were laid. DEC / 06 -Hamilton Ont. ($TeeL CiTy)

homey, that shit is false, till i see an OFFICIAL link, u need say no more...if pap aint gettin rushed off stage out here in brooklyn n the bronx, aint no way he's gettin rushed in soft ass canada...theres real niggas n frauds everywhere, but i doubt the homie n his posse arent strapped (i kno i wouldnt be) for some canada dudes 2 rush him...lol, i wish a canadian rapper would come out here, 2 a real grimey mixtape concert, prolly fold like a chair....

NorthernBrotha
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NorthernBrotha » January 26th, 2007, 5:15 pm

He don't get rushed in N.Y. Because thats where he's from. They dont care about him up here. Get over it, he got smashed. And no they didnt have guns. They probably under estimated Canada and said, "These niggas are soft, theres no need for guns". Just like yall think, ignorant. Plus he had to cross the border so, you kno. But anyway im done with this thread.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » January 26th, 2007, 6:24 pm

nah northern "brotha", let me see the official link homeboy....till than, ur words dont mean shit, honestly...

Hydro2oo6
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hydro2oo6 » January 27th, 2007, 2:16 am

Mcminister wrote:OxJmauPs niggaz from cincinatti say wodae ??
jst askin

:lol: