Bill Cosby Hatin On 2Pac

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Bill Cosby Hatin On 2Pac

Unread post by Hell » March 8th, 2007, 10:28 am

More tough-love talk from Cosby
He joins Save Our Children forum

By DAMON C. WILLIAMS

Comedian, author and native Philadelphian Bill Cosby posed a serious question yesterday to the audience at a Save Our Children forum in the auditorium of Community College of Philadelphia.

He first asked audience members who had lost loved ones to violence to stand up. More than 75 percent of those in the room stood.

"This is insane," he said. He then asked his question, "Where are we going as parents, as people?"

Speaking in simple, blunt terms, Cosby urged parents not to address their children in negative ways.

"Your child's name is not n-----, your 2-year-old child's name is not mother------," Cosby said, to rousing cheers and just a few gasps from parents in attendance.

Cosby's main issues in his keynote address as one of a number of speakers at the Community College-sponsored "Save Our Children - Exhoodus Tour" were parenting, education and drug-selling, all of which he touched on with just a hint of comedy.

Typical of Cosby's style of stinging and controversial commentary, he also faulted the love shown to the late rapper Tupac Shakur. He said it was crazy for Shakur, who was fatally shot in Las Vegas in 1996, and his mother to enjoy the proceeds from Shakur's drug sales.

"In the book, 'To Momma With Love,' or something like that, he is so happy that he's able to take money from selling cocaine and give the money to his mother," Cosby said.

"How wonderful. Isn't that wonderful. You've got to be kidding. How many lives have you ruined selling packets? How many mothers are not going to go to work because they want to snort? How many dead mothers because of crack, how many babies we got to make turn around because they are crack babies?"

Cosby said the house Shakur bought his mother should be adorned with the pictures of users who died due to drug use.

"Hang up the pictures of the people's lives you ruined," Cosby declared.

Cosby also briefly addressed the criticisms he has endured recently, saying that he doesn't pick on the poor but rather, he tells it like it is.

"[People say] 'Bill Cosby is picking on the poor.' I couldn't care less," Cosby said, with a little edge in his voice. "I'm telling you why your child is sad inside. I would keep my mouth shut if [parents] were doing things."

Cosby also said that he had the right to say what he says because he came from where the people he was addressing came from.

"Up to the age 26, 6159 N. 41st Street," Cosby said. "So don't play games with me. I've seen all of you, whether you are rich, poor or middle-income. And I know when you talk too much, and I know why you talk too much. And that's why I can say what I want to say."

Cosby was joined by Malik Aziz and Bilal Qayyum of Black Men United for a Better Philadelphia; the Rev. Derrick Johnson, of Joshua Harvest Church in Wilmington, Del; Umar Salahuddin, Atlantic City's director of health and human services; Michelle A. Simmons of Why Not Prosper, Inc.; Antoinette Jackson-Aziz, executive vice president of the Ex-Offenders Association of Pennsylvania; and brothers Lance and Todd Feurtado, motivational speakers from Queens, N.Y.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/16754428.htm

He must not have heard alot of 2Pac

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » March 8th, 2007, 11:32 am

I wouldnt call this "hatin" on 2pac. He's telling it like it is. Its the truth, dudes sell drugs in the hood and bring down those people in the hood. That was his premise.
In my opinion the problem doesnt start and end there. As people we do what we have to do to survive and the reality is every action we make affects the next, known or not. If lower income people had better opportunities and/or positioned themselves better in life a lot of this could end.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 8th, 2007, 12:05 pm

Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 8th, 2007, 2:43 pm

youngwun wrote:Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.
I'm glad Bill Cosby is speaking up although I dont really like what he
is saying about our fallen comrade, Tupac Shakur. Does anyone else see
the irony?? He's flanked in the photo by Lance Furtado, a Queens brother
who has quite a history, if yall know what I mean..

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » March 8th, 2007, 2:51 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:
youngwun wrote:Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.
I'm glad Bill Cosby is speaking up although I dont really like what he
is saying about our fallen comrade, Tupac Shakur. Does anyone else see
the irony?? He's flanked in the photo by Lance Furtado, a Queens brother
who has quite a history, if yall know what I mean..
The guy on the left with the G Unit shirt?

We all know how commited to the inner city G Unit is.... :lol: :roll:

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » March 8th, 2007, 3:28 pm

I wonder what Bill Cosby would be doing if he couldn't tell jokes?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » March 8th, 2007, 3:55 pm

2pac is a revoluationary...he came from the ghetto n niggaz love him in africa com'on now

its true wat he is sayin
but tupac never sold drugs and gave teh money to his mom...he jst wrote that in his song

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » March 8th, 2007, 3:56 pm

dear Mama "1 of the best rap songs ever"

even tho i sell rocks,
it feels good puttin money in ur mail box"

alot of niggaz do that tho,....even tho its teh wrongest thing...sometimes situations put u into that kinda stuff

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 8th, 2007, 4:16 pm

the sad thing is he was telling the truth some black people just act ignorant and think its cool its sad but its the truth

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 8th, 2007, 6:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XAnne9fG9w Bill Cosby didn't start speaking out on Black people until his son died, and his career was over. Bill Cosby just paid off some woman not too long ago for sexual Harassment, that's why I hate boogie mutherfuckers who try to shit on others to impress white people. I work, and I'm about to take Real Estate courses, but I'm tired of his hypocrisy, he needs to keep his hands to himself. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6954171/ poodin pop selling ass :lol:

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Bill Cosby Hatin On 2Pac

Unread post by creativemind » March 8th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Hell wrote:Image

More tough-love talk from Cosby
He joins Save Our Children forum

By DAMON C. WILLIAMS

Comedian, author and native Philadelphian Bill Cosby posed a serious question yesterday to the audience at a Save Our Children forum in the auditorium of Community College of Philadelphia.

He first asked audience members who had lost loved ones to violence to stand up. More than 75 percent of those in the room stood.

"This is insane," he said. He then asked his question, "Where are we going as parents, as people?"

Speaking in simple, blunt terms, Cosby urged parents not to address their children in negative ways.

"Your child's name is not n-----, your 2-year-old child's name is not mother------," Cosby said, to rousing cheers and just a few gasps from parents in attendance.

Cosby's main issues in his keynote address as one of a number of speakers at the Community College-sponsored "Save Our Children - Exhoodus Tour" were parenting, education and drug-selling, all of which he touched on with just a hint of comedy.

Typical of Cosby's style of stinging and controversial commentary, he also faulted the love shown to the late rapper Tupac Shakur. He said it was crazy for Shakur, who was fatally shot in Las Vegas in 1996, and his mother to enjoy the proceeds from Shakur's drug sales.

"In the book, 'To Momma With Love,' or something like that, he is so happy that he's able to take money from selling cocaine and give the money to his mother," Cosby said.

"How wonderful. Isn't that wonderful. You've got to be kidding. How many lives have you ruined selling packets? How many mothers are not going to go to work because they want to snort? How many dead mothers because of crack, how many babies we got to make turn around because they are crack babies?"

Cosby said the house Shakur bought his mother should be adorned with the pictures of users who died due to drug use.

"Hang up the pictures of the people's lives you ruined," Cosby declared.

Cosby also briefly addressed the criticisms he has endured recently, saying that he doesn't pick on the poor but rather, he tells it like it is.

"[People say] 'Bill Cosby is picking on the poor.' I couldn't care less," Cosby said, with a little edge in his voice. "I'm telling you why your child is sad inside. I would keep my mouth shut if [parents] were doing things."

Cosby also said that he had the right to say what he says because he came from where the people he was addressing came from.

"Up to the age 26, 6159 N. 41st Street," Cosby said. "So don't play games with me. I've seen all of you, whether you are rich, poor or middle-income. And I know when you talk too much, and I know why you talk too much. And that's why I can say what I want to say."

Cosby was joined by Malik Aziz and Bilal Qayyum of Black Men United for a Better Philadelphia; the Rev. Derrick Johnson, of Joshua Harvest Church in Wilmington, Del; Umar Salahuddin, Atlantic City's director of health and human services; Michelle A. Simmons of Why Not Prosper, Inc.; Antoinette Jackson-Aziz, executive vice president of the Ex-Offenders Association of Pennsylvania; and brothers Lance and Todd Feurtado, motivational speakers from Queens, N.Y.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/16754428.htm

He must not have heard alot of 2Pac

The Fuertado Brothers were MAJOR cocaine movers back in the 80's-90's in NY. The DVD King of Kings is about them. They were the one dealing with Fat Cat Nichols, Pappy Mason, etc. It's good to see those brothers have learned from their mistakes and are trying to make a positive difference.

My boy is a social worker in Philly and was at this meeting. He met Lance and said he seems to be a good brother.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 8th, 2007, 9:36 pm

fuck bill cosby

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 8th, 2007, 9:39 pm

like jay z said..
"mr. president, theres drugs in our residence, tell me what you want me to do"

shit aint gona change

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 8th, 2007, 9:44 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:the sad thing is he was telling the truth some black people just act ignorant and think its cool its sad but its the truth
That's real. But people don't realize that its the media who feeds so much of this madness through music, movies, videos.

Think back to the early 90's. Spike Lee movies had most people wanting to go to Morehouse and Spelman. Public Enemy had people craving true knowledge of self. Louis Farrakhan had brothers wanting to unite, and work toward self-sufficiency. All these messages came through media outlets.

Right when people started getting into it, along came gangster rap. They wanted to ban NWA when they were saying, "Fuck the Police". But as soon as they started rapping about killing other young black men, "Never hesitate to put a nigga on his back" and disrespecting black women, "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks"... All the sudden the gov't left their asses alone. Why do you think that is???

People say that they was making money rapping about that shit, and its been downhill ever. Kill more niggas, fuck more bitches than the last man, and you guaranteed platinum status.

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » March 9th, 2007, 6:48 am

alot of the things that mr. cosby is saying iz true, but i dont agree with
how he's bashing the drug dealers, people make a decision to buy drugs
aint nobody forcing their hand to the drugs,. his coming from an, i chose not to do this, and chose not to do that perspective, Jesus told one of his disciples the poor you have with you always. 1 thing i'd ask Him is how many poor people have you took to the grocery store and filled their house with food. a charity is for those who are able to, and know how to reach out contact thosd agencies a lot of poor people dont know how to do these things. he's telling people to be educated but some people need help right now, not in the future.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 9th, 2007, 8:28 am

myDick in your mouth wrote:fu-- bill cosby
That what i been telling everybody else f*ck bill cosby our race is the realest,aggressive and also the baddest race around why they sell drugs in the hood to look out for themselves and also their family ya feel me.

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » March 9th, 2007, 10:02 am

Tupac a good rapper, but as a human being?

Come on yall... nigga did some shady shit!

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 9th, 2007, 10:12 am

^ What shady stuff tupac did homie explain that?

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 9th, 2007, 7:19 pm

People exploit opportunities to make themselves better off. Simple concept. However they see fit to do it, they will. Simple as that. Tupac was just an example that he could use. If he said my name or any other dude's name it wouldnt have an affect. His plan worked, create exposure...get people talking and thinking about it...and what do we have here...people talking and thinking about it.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 9th, 2007, 7:49 pm

get ppl talkin about what. that ppl sell drugs? he aint sayin shit. 2pac was down for his ppl he was bout the struggle reaching out and educating the black youth n nigga basically died for that shit keepin it real representin the streets. yea he made mistakes aint noone perfect but bill cosby shouldnt be disrespecting him like that. the niggas dead. how u gonna talk shit disrespect a dead nigga. fuck bill cosby.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 9th, 2007, 7:59 pm

myDick in your mouth wrote:get ppl talkin about what. that ppl sell drugs? he aint sayin shit. 2pac was down for his ppl he was bout the struggle reaching out and educating the black youth n nigga basically died for that shit keepin it real representin the streets. yea he made mistakes aint noone perfect but bill cosby shouldnt be disrespecting him like that. the niggas dead. how u gonna talk shit disrespect a dead nigga. fu-- bill cosby.
This dangerous cycle that we live in. The harm we cause our own. The lack of opportunity out there for the lower class. Its a number of things that are put in the forefront with his statement. Like I said using Pac's name is what is going to appeal to who hes trying to wake up. I dont agree with his method wholeheartedly, but to each his own. He chose his method and used it.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 12:58 am

myDick in your mouth wrote:get ppl talkin about what. that ppl sell drugs? he aint sayin shit. 2pac was down for his ppl he was bout the struggle reaching out and educating the black youth n nigga basically died for that shit keepin it real representin the streets. yea he made mistakes aint noone perfect but bill cosby shouldnt be disrespecting him like that. the niggas dead. how u gonna talk shit disrespect a dead nigga. fu-- bill cosby.
Explain your idea of "the struggle". And how does selling poison to your own people, and killing others who try to sell it to them first, aid in the "struggle of our people"?

How did Tupac for the stuggle??? I thought he got slumped for jumpin' into a situation that he ain't really have no business getting himself into. I ain't know you and 10 other dudes stompin' out one dude was part of the struggle.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 10th, 2007, 7:33 am

"2pac was down for his ppl he was bout the struggle reaching out and educating the black youth"

listen to his music. songs like white manz world. thats what im talkin bout. how u gonna say he wasnt down for his ppl he didnt try to reach out educate n shit. like i said, he made some mistakes. but he felt like to be taken seriously he had to live what he was rappin basically. you cant be sittin in your high chair actin all riteouse n shit like bill cosby talkin down on ppl and expect niggaz in the street to feel what your sayin. 2pac put himself in the trenches he was in a position of a real leader. did gangsta shit, rapped gangsta shit.. but ultimately had a positive message for black ppl.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 9:13 am

Well bill cosby should of never use 2pac as an example in the first place cause he is dead point blank.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 3:43 pm

myDick in your mouth wrote:"2pac was down for his ppl he was bout the struggle reaching out and educating the black youth"

listen to his music. songs like white manz world. thats what im talkin bout. how u gonna say he wasnt down for his ppl he didnt try to reach out educate n shit. like i said, he made some mistakes. but he felt like to be taken seriously he had to live what he was rappin basically. you cant be sittin in your high chair actin all riteouse n shit like bill cosby talkin down on ppl and expect niggaz in the street to feel what your sayin. 2pac put himself in the trenches he was in a position of a real leader. did gangsta shit, rapped gangsta shit.. but ultimately had a positive message for black ppl.
I listened to Tupac's messages. And I have a lot of his interviews on tape. He was a deep brother and no doubt tried to put out a positive message. But, he was conflicted. He wanted to be positive, and he wanted to be a hoodlum too. How you gon' do a positive rap, then when they interview you and ask about Biggie, you say "When we see them niggas, its on"?

He had a conscience from his years of growing up the son of a Panther. But that was his mom, and for years he seemed like he was in search of a father figure. His infatuation with the street led him to want to be associated with thugs and hustlers. By him wanting to prove himself to Suge, he put himself in the middle of a thing that he shouldn't have been in. You stomp out a Crip with 9 other Bloods, then its repercussions, just like if he stomped out a Blood with 9 other Crips. His eagerness to have street cred is what led to his death, just like so many young brothers in the street. That has nothing to do with the Black struggle, that's just ignorance.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 3:59 pm

^ I see where you are coming from but pac had to bang that crip nigga tho cause he sized pac hard as f*ck.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 4:18 pm

[quote="Hell"]^ I see where you are coming from but pac had to bang that crip nigga tho cause he sized pac hard as f*ck.[/quote]

???

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 4:38 pm

We need to realize that black people as a whole are always gonna struggle if we keep that, "I'ma get mine by whatever means necessary" mentality. If I get get hood rich selling crack to the next man, he fucks up his life, and then I get set away to do time, how is that furthering the black struggle?

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » March 10th, 2007, 4:54 pm

creativemind wrote:We need to realize that black people as a whole are always gonna struggle if we keep that, "I'ma get mine by whatever means necessary" mentality. If I get get hood rich selling crack to the next man, he fucks up his life, and then I get set away to do time, how is that furthering the black struggle?
Creativemind your speaking the truth. Conflicted is the best way to describe him. I agree he had powerful words, but in the same, ignorant actions. As long as black people are against each other instead of helping one another, the struggle is nothing.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 4:56 pm

^ That's how our race survive and hustle by selling drugs ya feel me my brotha we can't tell them to stop just let them do our thang bro,theirs nothing we can't do to stop them tho.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 10th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Hell wrote:^ That's how our race survive and hustle by selling drugs ya feel me my brotha we can't tell them to stop just let them do our thang bro,theirs nothing we can't do to stop them tho.
Think about how the race is "surviving" the next time a baby is born addicted to crack. Think about how the race is "surviving" when some dude, who thought he was doing his best to provide for his family, gets a 20 year sentence and never get to see his kids grow up.

Hustlin' is more than about doing illegal shit. That's some Scarface shit that got sold to us in the 80's, just like the Superfly shit they was pushing in the 70's. Sad thing about it is, a lot of us is falling for it.

If you sell drugs to your own people, you're not only setting them and their families up for a fall, you're putting yourself in position to be out away yourself. Do you know ANY major drug dealers who ain't get caught by the Feds or killed by rivals??? Think about dudes you might know or heard of, and what went down with them.

I'm from Philly, ALL the JBM went down. In NY Fat Cat, the Fuertado Brothers, Supreme, Rich Porter-AZ-Alpo. Detroit, the Smith Brothers. DC Rayful Edmunds. LA Harry-O, Rick Ross. Everybody you can think of is dead or got knocked.

This shit ain't coincidence. Its set up this way. The gov't allows this shit to come into the country, controls who gets it, watches them sell it, then throws them in jail when they're damn good and ready.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 10th, 2007, 6:29 pm

^ Well that's to damn bad then that's just how lyfe is my brotha ya dig we all got to deal with it ya feel me and i know damn well my baby isn't going to be addicted to no damn crack.