Bill Cosby Hatin On 2Pac

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 14th, 2007, 9:24 pm

^ Sorry I think i read something wrong. But nah my sn idunno thats jus how i roll.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 14th, 2007, 10:07 pm

myDick in your mouth wrote:what changed on the account of what bill cosby is saying? Pac made a much more valiant effort.
Alright, we established that ain't nobody perfect. Least of all Pac and Cosby. But we're talking about people Pac was supposed to be sending a message of hope to. If he wants to send a message like that, the best way to do that is to be an example of his own words, to show that what he's preachin' can be accomplished. He can't do that if he still doin' the same shit as other people.

If we was talking about keeping a relationship together, maybe Pac would be the one giving the good advice, and Cosby would be the hypocrite if he spoke up, but that ain't what we're talking about here.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 14th, 2007, 10:57 pm

you cant save everybody

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 14th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Bill Cosby grew up during the era of segregation. And what was he doin. He was in the navy servin the white man for four years doin physical therapy for injured soldiers. Then he became a comedian Pac shot 2 cops that was harassing a black man that he didnt even know. So tell me, whos more down for their race? Pac was a soldier, we can both agree he wasnt a great leader. Bill Cosby, who is now 70 years old, with nothing left to do, is a preacher, which isnt hard to do.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 14th, 2007, 11:51 pm

myDick in your mouth wrote:Bill Cosby grew up during the era of segregation. And what was he doin. He was in the navy servin the white man for four years doin physical therapy for injured soldiers. Then he became a comedian Pac shot 2 cops that was harassing a black man that he didnt even know. So tell me, whos more down for their race? Pac was a soldier, we can both agree he wasnt a great leader. Bill Cosby, who is now 70 years old, with nothing left to do, is a preacher, which isnt hard to do.

Everybody is different. Cosby was in the Army before he was making any money. He was just like any other dude trying to make it at that point. But when he made money, he invested it in Black people. Do you know how many black people he put through college?

In Pac's case, particularly when he shot at the the cops, was he doing that because they was white or because he was just down to tear shit up if he was in that kinda mood??? If he ain't spend so much time doin't shit to Black folks too, I might agree with you. But he started shit with the Hughes Brothers, the other case he had in Michigan, the shit with Biggie, and who know how many other things where he was just wildin' out on whoever.

So I don't take it that he shot them cops as him standing up for brothers, it was just a chance to fuck with somebody. He would have shot if the cops was black too.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » March 15th, 2007, 12:09 am

[quote="myDick in your mouth"]Bill Cosby grew up during the era of segregation. And what was he doin. He was in the navy servin the white man for four years doin physical therapy for injured soldiers. Then he became a comedian Pac shot 2 cops that was harassing a black man that he didnt even know. So tell me, whos more down for their race? Pac was a soldier, we can both agree he wasnt a great leader. Bill Cosby, who is now 70 years old, with nothing left to do, is a preacher, which isnt hard to do.[/quote]

tell bill to kick out some of the millions he was getting from viacom back in the days to start worldwide programs

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 15th, 2007, 11:02 am

creativemind wrote:
myDick in your mouth wrote:Bill Cosby grew up during the era of segregation. And what was he doin. He was in the navy servin the white man for four years doin physical therapy for injured soldiers. Then he became a comedian Pac shot 2 cops that was harassing a black man that he didnt even know. So tell me, whos more down for their race? Pac was a soldier, we can both agree he wasnt a great leader. Bill Cosby, who is now 70 years old, with nothing left to do, is a preacher, which isnt hard to do.

Everybody is different. Cosby was in the Army before he was making any money. He was just like any other dude trying to make it at that point. But when he made money, he invested it in Black people. Do you know how many black people he put through college?

In Pac's case, particularly when he shot at the the cops, was he doing that because they was white or because he was just down to tear shit up if he was in that kinda mood??? If he ain't spend so much time doin't shit to Black folks too, I might agree with you. But he started shit with the Hughes Brothers, the other case he had in Michigan, the shit with Biggie, and who know how many other things where he was just wildin' out on whoever.

So I don't take it that he shot them cops as him standing up for brothers, it was just a chance to fu-- with somebody. He would have shot if the cops was black too.
Of course he woulda shot those cops if they were black. it aint bout black and white he stood up for his brother that was gettin harrassed by some crooked cops. It is what it is and theres nothing u can say bout pac that can discredit what he did. You dont kno bout the situation with biggie pac claimed biggie knew bout the shooting and didnt tell him. Thats a pretty big deal thats a legitimate beef. The Hughes brother that was kinda stupid. Bill Cosby doin what hes doin thats good for him, all Im saying is its wrong to throw dirt on a mans name for a mistake he did for just a brief part of his childhood growing up in the crack era, cuz its not like that was what pac was about, and specially if hes dead u bringin out the worse part of a person puttin him out like that, creating that image of him, when ppl who when they think of Pac they dont even think of someone thats sellin crack. Thats not right. Thats my point. If he woulda said shit bout his violent lyrics or behavior, then that woulda been str8.

And anyways what book is he talkin bout i never heard of that shit didnt find it on google I thought on ressurection they were sayin pac barely even sold drugs he tried it for a bit and it wasnt for him. nigga bought his mom a house? is bill cosby goin senile or some shit?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 15th, 2007, 11:07 pm

myDick in your mouth wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:
myDick in your mouth wrote:but bill cosbys overall message is definetly on a positive note and something that would benefit black people
Did it inspire your screen name?
Ppl like you inspire my screename. Lets stay on topic.
Thank you. Glad to know that I can influence someone to name themselves after the act of oral sex.

And, indeed, I'll stay on topic.

I think Bill Cosby's problem is that he thinks too highly of Whites.

It's not that he hates Blacks, he just expects Blacks to do what White people do. What he doesn't understand, is that Blacks ARE doing what White people do.

In the Depression, many Whites were resorting to a life of crime to feed their families, due to their being no work available. Eventually, then President Roosevelt enacted the New Deal, which is essentially a handout. This handout, which pretty much enacted welfare as we know it and gave power to labor unions, created a whole new society for the millions of poor whites living in depravity during the Depression. These same Whites have eventually spawned into the very Suburban Whites we see in society today.

So, why Bill Cosby expects Blacks to assimilate into the Middle Class by any other means is beyond me, especially considering that this country is only 40 years young in regards to even having civil rights for all Blacks, not to mention still too many policies that result in systematic racism, despite their being proclaimed to have no such intentions.

Education and good parenting are mandatory. Everybody gets that. But that didn't stop Whites during the depression from lowering themselves into the muck of street crime in order to make ends meet. If there are no jobs that can suffice a cost of living, and, for not only Black America but for much of White America, there aren't (and google 'Crystal Meth' to see just how these Whites are conducting themselves), survival becomes paramount and the behavior of people in such an environment will only match the conditions.

And, then, there's Bill's insulting of culturally Black American first names, like LaKeysha; As if naming all Black girls 'Jennifer', or...perhaps, 'Denise', 'Sandra', 'Vanessa' or 'Rudy', is going to increase their chances of getting a job when even jobs that once went to whites are being exported to India. Now, this is what Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy were talking about when they told Cosby to, "have a Coke and a smile, and shut the f'k up!".

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 16th, 2007, 2:48 am

The Selig Center estimates that African Americans have $852.8 Billion in purchasing power, as a country African Americans would be the 18th wealthiest nation in the world. By 2010 it'll be up to $981 Billion. If the Oprah's and the Cosby's of America could set up life/job training centers that could teach many of us about "Guns" such as Real Estate, Stocks, Bonds, Business and other things many of us don't know anything about. We're doing fine imo considering every Great leader we ever looked up to was assassinated, 40 years of full rights, and the CIA funding wars by using unemployed black males to sell poison in the hood. We haven't met our full potential yet. I watched a gang documentary, and this Blood was talking about how they speak Swahili in California prison systems, maybe we should replace ebonics with that.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 16th, 2007, 11:00 am

Bearfan wrote:The Selig Center estimates that African Americans have $852.8 Billion in purchasing power, as a country African Americans would be the 18th wealthiest nation in the world. By 2010 it'll be up to $981 Billion. If the Oprah's and the Cosby's of America could set up life/job training centers that could teach many of us about "Guns" such as Real Estate, Stocks, Bonds, Business and other things many of us don't know anything about. We're doing fine imo considering every Great leader we ever looked up to was assassinated, 40 years of full rights, and the CIA funding wars by using unemployed black males to sell poison in the hood. We haven't met our full potential yet. I watched a gang documentary, and this Blood was talking about how they speak Swahili in California prison systems, maybe we should replace ebonics with that.

That's all well and good, but look at what they spend the money on. White people take their money and use it to make more money. By investing in stocks, bonds, real estate, or just plain SAVING, their money doesn't just go back out the window.

Our people on the other hand. Women got the get their hair done, their nails done, got to have the flyest gear, shoes, pocketbooks, glasses... They do all that shit while riding the fuckin' bus!!! Then, they'll go into debt to buy a car that they really can't afford.

Brothers got to have 50 pairs of sneakers, matching hat, Timbs, jeans. The only people I've ever seen who will pay $200 for a warm up suit that 3X too big, and let that shit sag on the ground 'til its holes in the back of the legs!!! Do that shit even remotely sound like it make sense.

We'll have the flyest cell phones, two-ways, and any damn thing else, while living in the projects, instead of trying to buy some fuckin' property somewhere.

Then we get mad when we see Asians come in our community, make money from us, and then go back to the suburban homes that they saved for. Do you know how to get Asians out the community? Go to the grocery store, by some healthy food, cook it, and sit the fuck down and eat as a family. All that "6 Wings, Fries with Hot Sauce and a Grape Soda" shit is what feeds THEIR damn families.

There is a WHOLE industry on making money from Black Folks. There are people getting seriously PAID while we make the same mistakes we been making for years.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » March 16th, 2007, 12:29 pm

creativemind wrote:
Bearfan wrote:The Selig Center estimates that African Americans have $852.8 Billion in purchasing power, as a country African Americans would be the 18th wealthiest nation in the world. By 2010 it'll be up to $981 Billion. If the Oprah's and the Cosby's of America could set up life/job training centers that could teach many of us about "Guns" such as Real Estate, Stocks, Bonds, Business and other things many of us don't know anything about. We're doing fine imo considering every Great leader we ever looked up to was assassinated, 40 years of full rights, and the CIA funding wars by using unemployed black males to sell poison in the hood. We haven't met our full potential yet. I watched a gang documentary, and this Blood was talking about how they speak Swahili in California prison systems, maybe we should replace ebonics with that.

That's all well and good, but look at what they spend the money on. White people take their money and use it to make more money. By investing in stocks, bonds, real estate, or just plain SAVING, their money doesn't just go back out the window.

Our people on the other hand. Women got the get their hair done, their nails done, got to have the flyest gear, shoes, pocketbooks, glasses... They do all that shit while riding the fuckin' bus!!! Then, they'll go into debt to buy a car that they really can't afford.

Brothers got to have 50 pairs of sneakers, matching hat, Timbs, jeans. The only people I've ever seen who will pay $200 for a warm up suit that 3X too big, and let that shit sag on the ground 'til its holes in the back of the legs!!! Do that shit even remotely sound like it make sense.

We'll have the flyest cell phones, two-ways, and any damn thing else, while living in the projects, instead of trying to buy some fuckin' property somewhere.

Then we get mad when we see Asians come in our community, make money from us, and then go back to the suburban homes that they saved for. Do you know how to get Asians out the community? Go to the grocery store, by some healthy food, cook it, and sit the fu-- down and eat as a family. All that "6 Wings, Fries with Hot Sauce and a Grape Soda" shit is what feeds THEIR damn families.

There is a WHOLE industry on making money from Black Folks. There are people getting seriously PAID while we make the same mistakes we been making for years.

Everyone has to start somewhere. As long as you find a job that pays you, you can qualify for some form of credit, and from their you just keep out of debt and before long you'll have more credit card companies throwing cards at you. As long as you build healthy credit, you can buy property and proper investments. Credit companies don't care about your skin colour, and banks only care about your credit. :)

I know what you mean by throwing money into these material things. I think we all like material things, but I tend to see a lot of the younger generation throwing money at these things creative is talking about. I can't say much cause I know when I was making good money and I was 18 I bought all sorts of crazy shit.

I think both Cosby and Pac had positive messages, and I don't think Cosby was specifically targetting Pac and trying to say Pac as a person was evil, I think he was just trying to say that far too many people look up to that thug image of Pac and think that that's the way to live life and make money. I don't think that's necessarily Pac's fault, but he did make an impression on kids and I believe that had he lived long enough he would have put out a much more positive message in his older years.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 16th, 2007, 1:11 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
creativemind wrote:

Then we get mad when we see Asians come in our community, make money from us, and then go back to the suburban homes that they saved for. Do you know how to get Asians out the community? Go to the grocery store, by some healthy food, cook it, and sit the fu-- down and eat as a family. All that "6 Wings, Fries with Hot Sauce and a Grape Soda" shit is what feeds THEIR damn families.

Everyone has to start somewhere. As long as you find a job that pays you, you can qualify for some form of credit, and from their you just keep out of debt and before long you'll have more credit card companies throwing cards at you. As long as you build healthy credit, you can buy property and proper investments. Credit companies don't care about your skin colour, and banks only care about your credit. :)

I know what you mean by throwing money into these material things. I think we all like material things, but I tend to see a lot of the younger generation throwing money at these things creative is talking about. I can't say much cause I know when I was making good money and I was 18 I bought all sorts of crazy shit.

I think both Cosby and Pac had positive messages, and I don't think Cosby was specifically targetting Pac and trying to say Pac as a person was evil, I think he was just trying to say that far too many people look up to that thug image of Pac and think that that's the way to live life and make money. I don't think that's necessarily Pac's fault, but he did make an impression on kids and I believe that had he lived long enough he would have put out a much more positive message in his older years.

It's part of a mindset that starts early on. Think about it, when you'r a kid and do something to earn some money, what's the first thing most kids say? "Take me to the store so I can buy something". I remember doing the same shit.

As we get older, materialism sets in. A nice pair of sneakers ain't enough, we need each color, different kinds, matching hats, T-shirts, etc. And it's nothing wrong with that if we got all our other stuff in order.

White people don't trip that stuff. Most own a house by 30, and it's either because they saved, or had it passed down from a parent who saved. That's what we as a people don't do.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » March 16th, 2007, 1:29 pm

I get what you'll are saying, that's why we need to be reprogrammed in the right direction, but it starts with the kids. If your parents have shitty credit, spend all there money on stupid stuff, then you don't have enough positive stimuli to know that "Guns" are better than "Butter". That's what these Business/Life/Job training centers would teach the next Generation. I'm pretty sure that the Black Panthers would've expanded to that if Cointelpro hadn't dismantled there programs. The BPP was excellent at uniting the Middle Class, Upper Class, and lower class. You're only as strong as your weakest link, that's why it's important that the most fucked up areas get the most help imo. Obviously the YMCA'S not working, but like I said before we're work in progress, we're missing valuable life skills and mentors. The Government doesn't realize it, but had they not destroyed Black Leadership, Black people wouldn't need Welfare today imo.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 16th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Bearfan wrote:I get what you'll are saying, that's why we need to be reprogrammed in the right direction, but it starts with the kids. If your parents have _____ credit, spend all there money on stupid stuff, then you don't have enough positive stimuli to know that "Guns" are better than "Butter". That's what these Business/Life/Job training centers would teach the next Generation. I'm pretty sure that the Black Panthers would've expanded to that if Cointelpro hadn't dismantled there programs. The BPP was excellent at uniting the Middle Class, Upper Class, and lower class. You're only as strong as your weakest link, that's why it's important that the most #%@& up areas get the most help imo. Obviously the YMCA'S not working, but like I said before we're work in progress, we're missing valuable life skills and mentors. The Government doesn't realize it, but had they not destroyed Black Leadership, Black people wouldn't need Welfare today imo.

Think about it, we worked sun up to sun down for free for 400 years. If we had that same work ethic for ourselves, who knows what we could accomplish. Instead, generations of people get into the welfare mode. Wait for the government to give them a handout. That has its place during transitional times in your life, but when that becomes your life, that's crazy.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 17th, 2007, 3:12 am

creativemind wrote:
Bearfan wrote:I get what you'll are saying, that's why we need to be reprogrammed in the right direction, but it starts with the kids. If your parents have _____ credit, spend all there money on stupid stuff, then you don't have enough positive stimuli to know that "Guns" are better than "Butter". That's what these Business/Life/Job training centers would teach the next Generation. I'm pretty sure that the Black Panthers would've expanded to that if Cointelpro hadn't dismantled there programs. The BPP was excellent at uniting the Middle Class, Upper Class, and lower class. You're only as strong as your weakest link, that's why it's important that the most #%@& up areas get the most help imo. Obviously the YMCA'S not working, but like I said before we're work in progress, we're missing valuable life skills and mentors. The Government doesn't realize it, but had they not destroyed Black Leadership, Black people wouldn't need Welfare today imo.

Think about it, we worked sun up to sun down for free for 400 years. If we had that same work ethic for ourselves, who knows what we could accomplish. Instead, generations of people get into the welfare mode. Wait for the government to give them a handout. That has its place during transitional times in your life, but when that becomes your life, that's crazy.
The middle class as we know it is nothing short of a handout, via the New Deal, enacted during the Great Depression.

I agree with you in regards to minimal welfare. Giving people just a little cash to get by is not the answer. But the last time as many Whites per capita were in the position that Blacks are today, the government stepped in to help create CAREER opportunities. When we talk about doing it today, it's called 'Socialism'. Personally, I don't care what it's called. If it works, and it's the right thing to do, what's stopping it?

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 17th, 2007, 3:36 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
creativemind wrote:

The middle class as we know it is nothing short of a handout, via the New Deal, enacted during the Great Depression.

I agree with you in regards to minimal welfare. Giving people just a little cash to get by is not the answer. But the last time as many Whites per capita were in the position that Blacks are today, the government stepped in to help create CAREER opportunities. When we talk about doing it today, it's called 'Socialism'. Personally, I don't care what it's called. If it works, and it's the right thing to do, what's stopping it?

Giving people handouts over the long haul, fosters laziness and dependency. When you have 17 year old welfare mother who knows that if she has another child, she'll get more money, in her mind it makes since to go ahead and do it. You see it all the time.

The government doesn't mind the handout because it allows them to keep CONTROL. They know that you will be relegated to living in certain areas, only doing certain things. I've seen welfare housing which PROHIBITS you from have a man over 18 on the premises. So not only can your kids father NOT be a part of their life, you damn near got to throw your own boys on the street when they reach a certain age. And without them having a father around as an example of how to survive, guess what they do to make ends meet? Rob, steal, sell drugs.... etc.

Its a vicious cycle.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » March 17th, 2007, 9:46 pm

creativemind wrote:Giving people handouts over the long haul, fosters laziness and dependency.
Not if it's accompanied with a good educational system for children and job training for adults.
When you have 17 year old welfare mother who knows that if she has another child, she'll get more money,
How much money? Seriously? I hear that s't all the time from suburban whites and it sounds just as ridiculous when they say it. 17 year old girls allow themselves to get pregnant to keep the father of her children in her life, and, to a deeper psychological extent, probably to suffice for the lack of a father figure of their own, which would explain why middle to upper class women do more to prevent being pregnant in the way of contraceptives and abortion, despite most certainly having as much sex as poor women. Dad was there, so they don't have that wired insecurity about keeping a man around that many poor women do.

The poor girl who's pregnant figures the baby will be a bond that will keep the father of the kid around forever, being that she was unable to keep her own father around. They turn to welfare because it's the easiest way to raise the kids that they already have.
You see it all the time.
I see people on welfare. But I'm not sure about your reasoning as to why they're on it.
The government doesn't mind the handout because it allows them to keep CONTROL.
Government has a million ways plus one to control people without giving them money. We live in a capitalist system. The corporations run our government, and have for decades. Do you think it's their decision to give away free money to poor women just for having kids? Welfare is not about control. It's welfare. It was put in place during the Great Depression, to prevent children from dying in the streets, and it sure as hell wasn't corporate America's idea.
They know that you will be relegated to living in certain areas,
They know that people will be relegated to living in certain areas because they don't have the money to move elsewhere, nor do they have the money to rebuild those certain areas. You want to talk about mind control, start there, not at the people looking to prevent children from dying of malnutrition.
I've seen welfare housing which PROHIBITS you from have a man over 18 on the premises.
I don't know anything about that, but I'm willing to bet that it's more a compliance with law enforcement than a policy of welfare.
you damn near got to throw your own boys on the street when they reach a certain age.
That sounds like more of a law enforcement deal than a welfare deal. The police are saying that no males over 18 can be around. Therefore, it's the police that want them in the street, with no education or job training. Then they can get them into prison, and the prison manufacturers can make their money. There is where the control is taking place.
And without them having a father around as an example of how to survive, guess what they do to make ends meet? Rob, steal, sell drugs.... etc.
The prison industrial complex has more to do with the father not being around in poor communities than any feeble welfare regulations. No determined father is going to stop seeing his kid, or caring and providing for the kids' wellbeing, just because there's a sign on the gate of the housing project that sais 'no males over 18 allowed'. More like because dad is already on the streets, or in prison; Or dead.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 18th, 2007, 11:07 am

StillNoScript wrote:
creativemind wrote:Giving people handouts over the long haul, fosters laziness and dependency.
Not if it's accompanied with a good educational system for children and job training for adults.

Why do you think you have GENERATIONS of people on welfare??? It works the same way in a positive fashion. How often do you hear people say, "I got my work ethic from my mom or my pop. I say they work 2-3 jobs and that's why I work so hard too." When people grow up expecting "free money" on the 1st and 15th, its easy to slip into the mindset that its cool to just accept it and comply with the rules they impose to get it.
When you have 17 year old welfare mother who knows that if she has another child, she'll get more money,
How much money? Seriously? I hear that s't all the time from suburban whites and it sounds just as ridiculous when they say it. 17 year old girls allow themselves to get pregnant to keep the father of her children in her life, and, to a deeper psychological extent, probably to suffice for the lack of a father figure of their own, which would explain why middle to upper class women do more to prevent being pregnant in the way of contraceptives and abortion, despite most certainly having as much sex as poor women. Dad was there, so they don't have that wired insecurity about keeping a man around that many poor women do.

The poor girl who's pregnant figures the baby will be a bond that will keep the father of the kid around forever, being that she was unable to keep her own father around. They turn to welfare because it's the easiest way to raise the kids that they already have.

You sound like a pretty intelligent guy, and you make a good point. But I've seen this take happen too often to discount it. If you're theory were true, girls wouldn't have babies by guys who ALREADY had 4-5 kids that he ain't taking care of. If he didn't stay with the other mothers, why would he stay with her? Middle to upper class girls concern themselves with their future potential, and realize that an unplanned child would do more to hinder their plans than anything. They have other options, therefore they don't look at the welfare system as a viable income source.

You see it all the time.
I see people on welfare. But I'm not sure about your reasoning as to why they're on it.
The government doesn't mind the handout because it allows them to keep CONTROL.
Government has a million ways plus one to control people without giving them money. We live in a capitalist system. The corporations run our government, and have for decades. Do you think it's their decision to give away free money to poor women just for having kids? Welfare is not about control. It's welfare. It was put in place during the Great Depression, to prevent children from dying in the streets, and it sure as hell wasn't corporate America's idea.

That simply means that you've never seen "case workers" threaten people with removal from the system. "Case worker" who themselves don't make much money and pretty much live paycheck to paycheck, but have an inflated sense of self-importance because the represent to goverment. The system itself may have been created and enacted to prevent children from dying in the streets, but look what it has morphed into. Drug dealers who make their biggest sales on the 1st and 15th sure as hell know that welfare ain't about preventing kids from dying in the streets. They know that its largely about unmotivated, irresponsible parents who would rather take the handout than go out and work for their keep. Certainly, this is not the case 100% of the time, but in many cases it is.
They know that you will be relegated to living in certain areas,
They know that people will be relegated to living in certain areas because they don't have the money to move elsewhere, nor do they have the money to rebuild those certain areas. You want to talk about mind control, start there, not at the people looking to prevent children from dying of malnutrition.

Think about what you're saying. They don't have the money to rebuild in those certain areas, but they FIND a way to have the latest gear. They FIND a way to make sure their hair and nails are done. They FIND a way to get to the club in Friday and Saturday night. Its all about choices and priorities.
I've seen welfare housing which PROHIBITS you from have a man over 18 on the premises.
I don't know anything about that, but I'm willing to bet that it's more a compliance with law enforcement than a policy of welfare.

Let me tell you, there is a small, but really nice development that was built in West Philly, 46th and Market Street. Gated, the whole nine. No men were allowed beyond a certain time of night. I have a buddy who was a social worker and had clients that lived in there. That was the trade off that they signed up for when they moved in.

If Welfare is truly about help, and rebuilding families, why can't a struggling FAMILY get it??? Why can you have a father OR a mother in the home, but not both???

you damn near got to throw your own boys on the street when they reach a certain age.
That sounds like more of a law enforcement deal than a welfare deal. The police are saying that no males over 18 can be around. Therefore, it's the police that want them in the street, with no education or job training. Then they can get them into prison, and the prison manufacturers can make their money. There is where the control is taking place.

Police don't dictate welfare policy. However, they can enforce law if they guys are caught "trespassing" on the premises. And yes, prison is a cottage industry that takes advantage of the the results of a flawed welfare system.

And without them having a father around as an example of how to survive, guess what they do to make ends meet? Rob, steal, sell drugs.... etc.
The prison industrial complex has more to do with the father not being around in poor communities than any feeble welfare regulations. No determined father is going to stop seeing his kid, or caring and providing for the kids' wellbeing, just because there's a sign on the gate of the housing project that sais 'no males over 18 allowed'. More like because dad is already on the streets, or in prison; Or dead.
While I think that the father not being around plays a large role, I don't know that it plays a larger role than the economic struggles. Think about it, the Jews, the Italians, and the Irish, that came to this country in the early part of the 20th century, had fathers in their homes. But that didn't stop the kids from being in the streets stealing. That's because the economic situation dictated that they do whatever they had to do to survive. While the father was out standing in the soup line, many kids were running the streets, trying to get their own. There's a documentary that the History Channel runs from time to time about gangs in America. They were not formed because of the lack of fathers, they banded together out of economic necessity; they stole in groups and shared with each other.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » March 20th, 2007, 4:10 am

youngwun wrote:Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.
fo real.

Dont know why cats made Pac to be a God. The music was real, but he had alot of hate in his heart.

terren2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by terren2000 » March 20th, 2007, 4:16 am

Bearfan wrote:Pac said in a song why do we hate our women. Bill Cosby distances himself from Black people in his interviews by saying "those/these people". Everytime Pac critiqued Black America he'd say WE, not that Boogie "those/these people". I don't care what anybody says, Cosby doesn't uplift in his interviews/statements, you never feel like things may change for the better listening to him. I'm waiting on him to say " I wish I was white". He's not qualified to bash Black people the way he does without denouncing his past transgressions. Every time I watch a interview of his, he looks so disgusted at Black people you'd think he'd never do Jello Sambo commercials, or molest women. The only reason he's on TV now is because the white media loves when a black person talks about Black people so negatively. Professor Michael Eric Dyson wrote a book called "Is Bill Cosby Right?: Or Has The Black Middle Class Lost its Minds?" It's a great book that speaks on the Afristocracy of the Black community.Peace
You emphasize pac saying "we hate our women". The "we" he speaks of is "niggaz", not Blacks.

COsby distance himself from ignorant niggaz, not blacks.

Niggas idiolize Pac not because of Dear mama, niggas ilize him because he bang on any nigga and cats saw him as a rider.

Pac is loved because of his ignorance, not Dear Momma.

He have a few positive songs, and alot of negative ones.

Pac didnt die fro the cause, he dies over some ignorant nigga bullsh!t. Like most young black men,

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 20th, 2007, 4:22 am

terren2000 wrote:
youngwun wrote:Cosby is telling it how it is. Glad he not okaying Pac's past actions because he a brother. That's the first step imo... too many niggaz okaying others actions because they black/don't know betta.
fo real.

Dont know why cats made Pac to be a God. The music was real, but he had alot of hate in his heart.
"...get my weight up with my hate and pay'em back when im bigger" - 2pac: white man's world

T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E - the hate u gave little infants fucks everybody

he had love too. we humans we got diff. emotions. all the bangers on here don't like when people are one-sided and naieve to paint bangers as psychotic, amoral, social outcasts, and killas, so why would yall then comply with the only image the media portrayed that man (2pac) to be? That man was the youngest leader of the New Afrikan movement been spied on and sought after all his life by the government(don't forget his moms, uncles, and so on was in that NY bombing case), and everything else that affects ghetto black youth in this country, so of course he gon have some hate in his heart. But the thing we should look at is the words of reason he said and the good things he triede to inspire people to do.

He did a lot of rash hypocritical things but he always came back and said that it was wrong or said what made him do what he did. He always told the youth to try to do something better. in all his gangsta songs he aint sayin some shit like yeah, Im tupac, Im wildin out here and this what you need to be doin -and we got rappers who actually say shit like that...he talked about what he was goin through, negtive or positive, but always told the youth to aspire for better.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 20th, 2007, 4:31 am

terren2000 wrote:
Bearfan wrote:Pac said in a song why do we hate our women. Bill Cosby distances himself from Black people in his interviews by saying "those/these people". Everytime Pac critiqued Black America he'd say WE, not that Boogie "those/these people". I don't care what anybody says, Cosby doesn't uplift in his interviews/statements, you never feel like things may change for the better listening to him. I'm waiting on him to say " I wish I was white". He's not qualified to bash Black people the way he does without denouncing his past transgressions. Every time I watch a interview of his, he looks so disgusted at Black people you'd think he'd never do Jello Sambo commercials, or molest women. The only reason he's on TV now is because the white media loves when a black person talks about Black people so negatively. Professor Michael Eric Dyson wrote a book called "Is Bill Cosby Right?: Or Has The Black Middle Class Lost its Minds?" It's a great book that speaks on the Afristocracy of the Black community.Peace
You emphasize pac saying "we hate our women". The "we" he speaks of is "niggaz", not Blacks.

Niggas idiolize Pac not because of Dear mama, niggas ilize him because he bang on any nigga and cats saw him as a rider.

Pac didnt die fro the cause, he dies over some ignorant nigga bullsh!t. Like most young black men,
THis is all factual truth, you can prove this? I was in Interior, South Dakota (pop. 87), with the towns sherrif's two daughters and they was bangin PAC, and it was not cuz he was a rider. People like the man for a combination of things not just because he was a rider. and after all woman buy most cd's and they don't wanna hear all that I blasted a nigga, I'm slangin this and that, and all that bs. They have college courses at prestigious universities on this man, if it was all about him being a rider they could've made classes on a bunch of diff. rappers, musicians.

And of course he speaks for his niggas (never ignornat gettin goals accomplished, as he put it), not some bougie ass mufucka just tryin to do what harry belafonte been doin.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 20th, 2007, 6:14 am

terren2000 wrote:

Pac didnt die fro the cause, he dies over some ignorant nigga bullsh!t. Like most young black men,[/quote]

We'll never progress as Black people if we have a segment of our people who just embrace negativity for negativity sake. There's a time a place and a reason to have to go the fuck off on somebody. But these days, the shit we should be goin' off about, we don't care. The Panthers was GOIN' OFF on folks for a reason. Malcolm X had people ready to GO OFF for a reason. The LA riots, whether people agree with what went down or not, was FOR A REASON.

People go off now because somebody got a video camera and they wanna be on tape fuckin' somebody up and laughing about it. They wanna be on tape dancin' on the hood of somebody's property just because.

The very situation that led to his death, could have been an incident that, if he was a REAL LEADER, he could have defused and walked away from. Instead, he was the one not just jumping in, but STARTING that shit.

In his heart, I believe he had good. I just don't believe that he was mature enough to understand that you can't always try to impress people, especially when it takes negativity to do so.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » March 20th, 2007, 6:25 am

perongregory wrote:
terren2000 wrote:

THis is all factual truth, you can prove this? I was in Interior, South Dakota (pop. 87), with the towns sherrif's two daughters and they was bangin PAC, and it was not because he was a rider. People like the man for a combination of things not just because he was a rider. and after all woman buy most cd's and they don't wanna hear all that I blasted a nigga, I'm slangin this and that, and all that bs. They have college courses at prestigious universities on this man, if it was all about him being a rider they could've made classes on a bunch of diff. rappers, musicians.

And of course he speaks for his niggas (never ignornat gettin goals accomplished, as he put it), not some bougie ass mufucka just tryin to do what harry belafonte been doin.

White people study Pac because he represented one of their greatest fears; an intelligent, aggressive Black man who was passionate about his causes. They wanna know why he was able to articulate so many people's thoughts in his music, and therefore understand those people. "How can we defuse these people or channel this rage somewhere else, other than on our asses???"

They were cool with the Pac that wanted to ride on Biggie, but they were scared of the Pac that had people ready to kill cops, spit on the media and just didn't give a fuck.

I don't think that more consevative Blacks hated Pac. Look at the interview that Ed Gordon had with him just before his rape trial. People knew he was influential, and just wanted him to use it for good. When he chose not to, you see the results.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » March 20th, 2007, 7:38 am

In his heart, I believe he had good. I just don't believe that he was mature enough to understand that you can't always try to impress people, especially when it takes negativity to do so.

100% cosign. I loved Pac, but he was that mix...and that mix made him more interesting to me when I was a youngster

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 20th, 2007, 6:01 pm

"Niggas idiolize Pac not because of Dear mama, niggas ilize him because he bang on any nigga and cats saw him as a rider.

Pac is loved because of his ignorance, not Dear Momma."

speak for yourself. niggaz dont love pac bcuz of his ignorance. your fuckin trippin. and speakin of his positive songs to his negetive songs. almost all of his songs are from an emotional/pain point of view you can hear it in his voice. its not like hes advocating the sh*t hes just reporting what goes on.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 2nd, 2007, 4:04 pm

there is some truth in that....niggas ilize him because he bang on any nigga and cats saw him as a rider

i cant deny that but i like pac coz he can really relate to a nigga....he got so much soul in his music and his songs to me he is the definition of real hip hop